Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 FL DE Anthony Chickillo (Miami Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 FL DE Anthony Chickillo (Miami Verbal)

Weakside Defensive End
    Tampa FL, Alonso HS

Ht: 6-3
    Wt: 240
    40: 4.8
    GPA: 4.2
    Test: 24
    Bench: 335
    Squat: 475
    Shuttle: 4.38
    Vertical: 30

STATS
    '09: 72 Tackles, 12.5 Sacks, 6 PBUs
    '08: 9.5 Sacks

RANKING
    Rivals: , #3 WDE, Rating 5.9, National #44, Rivals 100
    Scout: , #3 DE
    ESPN: , #5 DE, Grade 81, National #24, ESPN 150

OFFERS
    Miami OV 1/21/11 (camp '09)
    Florida OV 1/07/11
    North Carolina OV 12/3/10
    Alabama (camp '10)
    USF

FSU
    Tennessee

Notre Dame
    OSU
    Virginia Tech
    Georgia Tech
    Nebraska
    LSU

Auburn
    Cincinnati
    Clemson
    Connecticut
    Duke
    FIU
    Illinois
    Iowa
    Kansas
    Louisville
    Mississippi
    Mississippi St
    Michigan
    Michigan St
    North Carolina St
    Pitt
    Purdue
    South Carolina
    Southern Cal
    Texas Tech
    UCF
    Virginia
    Wake Forest
    Wisconsin

ND RECRUITER: Tony Alford

DECISION: 9/9/10 Miami Verbal (Confirmed 1/23/2011)
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-23-2011, 08:18 PM. Reason: 1/23/11 Solid Verbal

His coach at Alonso HS has been ND alumni Mike Heldt, center on the '88 National Championship Team. Mike has been the only head coach for the Alonso program but recently tendered his resignation.

Comment

Miami legacy. His granddad Nick, played for my high school and I heard stories about him during my playing days there. He left West Scranton to play college football at Miami, and his son, Anthony's dad, played for the Hurricanes as well.
      Last edited by mgriff; 02-20-2010, 05:44 AM.

Comment

I know he is a miami legacy but this kid sounds good and he needs to get a little bigger and faster but kelly could mold him into a gem
        God Country Notre Dame
        http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

What does legacy mean? Automatic commit to a team that the family has a history with, doesn't work very well for us. GO OUT AND GET HIM!
          Just believe.

Comment

It doesn't mean we won't get him, it just means that his family has ties to Miami which may or may not play into his recruiting process. Just sharing information.

Comment

Notre Dame Football - Chickillo Knows Notre Dame

I'm planning on visiting as many schools as I can and Notre Dame is definitely one of them

Comment

Originally posted by Irish.Ca View Post
                What does legacy mean? Automatic commit to a team that the family has a history with, doesn't work very well for us. GO OUT AND GET HIM!
                Works for me. Cheers.

Comment

Glad that he is going to visit ND we need more DEs.
                  GO IRISH

Comment

Offers since last update include:

Alabama, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Nebraska, Southern Cal, and Texas Tech

Comment

Up to 42 offers. As mentioned, he is a Miami legacy but claims no favorites, Had really good things to say about Miami, FL and FL St. Has visited only the 3 FL schools, but plans on going all over the country this summer to visit a ton of schools, ND, Ohio St and SC included. Says he loves the tradition of ND and that BK is a great fit and that he wins everywhere he goes. Sports a 4.2 GPA but oddly enough didn't mention academics as one of his top priorities, at least in the article I read. Will be an EE so he'll make a decision by the end of the year...
                      sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Update

RANKING
                        Rivals: , #14 DE, Rating 5.8, National #195, Rivals 250
                        Scout: , #31 DE
                        ESPN: , #8 DE, Grade 81, National #81, ESPN 150

Scout which was the first to rank by position quite awhile ago seems to be the outlier.

Comment

Chickillo narrows his list to 12

According to Jamie Newberg, ESPN, Chickillo's Top 12 are:

Miami (camp '09)
                          Florida
                          FSU
                          USF
                          OSU
                          Tennessee
                          Notre Dame
                          Virginia Tech
                          Georgia Tech
                          Alabama
                          Nebraska
                          LSU

Again Miami with family ties appears to be his leader. Chickillo visited the Canes again this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                            Chickillo narrows his list to 12

According to Jamie Newberg, ESPN, Chickillo's Top 12 are:

Miami (camp '09)
                            Florida
                            FSU
                            USF
                            OSU
                            Tennessee
                            Notre Dame
                            Virginia Tech
                            Georgia Tech
                            Alabama
                            Nebraska
                            LSU

Again Miami with family ties appears to be his leader. Chickillo visited the Canes again this weekend.
                            Yeah, later in the article he straight-out says that Miami is his leader. He has great relationships with the coaches and said that Shannon getting that contract extension was huge, especially for his mom.

I think the only way he doesn't go to Miami is if they have a shitty year, which I don't see happening with all their returning talent. They might not be top 10, but they won't horrible enough for Shannon to be fired, which hurts everyone else's chances Chickillo...

Comment

Weekend quick hitters - ESPN

Corey Long ESPN
                              7/30

It looks like defensive end Anthony Chickillo (Tampa, Fla./Alonso) is finally getting the hang of things.

The 6-foot-3, 235-pounder took part in a recruiting tour with several Tampa Bay area players a couple of weeks ago and visited Florida State, Georgia, Ole Miss, Alabama, Auburn and Tennessee.

Despite having over 30 offers, Chickillo hasn't gotten out much and that has fueled the talk that his recruiting has come down to two schools -- Florida and Miami. While the Hurricanes and Gators remain the two schools to beat, Auburn and Ole Miss offered Chickillo during the trip and the overall experience gave him plenty to think about.

Comment

I like having a 8.2% chance. But if Aaron verbals... I don't think we have room with the Rabasa verbal.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                  I like having a 8.2% chance. But if Aaron verbals... I don't think we have room with the Rabasa verbal.
                                  That train has left the station.

Comment

Set announcement date on 9/9.

Finalists are Florida, Miami, FSU, USF, Tenn, Bama

Comment

Yup. That train's gone.

Comment

Miami

Comment

Well, it appears the train has pulled back into the station. According to ESPN Chickillo has backed off a bit from his commitment to Miami and is going to take all five officials. We are currently on the list of potential destinations for one of his four remaining officials.

Comment

Do you know the 5 schools? I know USC, USF and da U

Comment

I hope Rabasa is working on him.

Originally posted by amgarvey View Post
                                              Well, it appears the train has pulled back into the station. According to ESPN Chickillo has backed off a bit from his commitment to Miami and is going to take all five officials. We are currently on the list of potential destinations for one of his four remaining officials.
                                              I love to pull kids out of Florida.

Comment

ESPN states he will choose his four remaining officials from Florida, Florida State, South Florida, USC, North Carolina, Auburn, Nebraska and Notre Dame.

Comment

His coach is an alum, maybe we have a decent shot. Stocking up on the DL is never a bad thing, this could soften the blow of losing Lynch.

Comment

If we win out the entire recruiting landscape will change

Comment

ESPN

"We told you on Wednesday that Miami's top offensive commitment, four-star OG Marcus Jackson, was having some second thoughts about his future in Coral Gables and had begun to look around.

Well, turns out the same is true for the Canes' top-rated defensive prospect, four-star DE Anthony Chickillo (No. 82 in the ESPNU 150). Chickillo would be a third-generation Miami footballer, so his wavering comes as a bit of a surprise, but he says he plans to take all five of his officals -- as his father did before him -- and then make a final decision. (He gave a list of eight schools -- Florida, Florida State, South Florida, USC, North Carolina, Auburn, Nebraska and Notre Dame -- from which he will pick four other finalists.)

At issue isn't the Canes' poor play this season, but the fact that Randy Shannon & Co. have only seven commitments, with at least two reconsidering. "I'm still a solid commit but I've been hearing a lot about recruits decommitting," Chickillo told Nate Adelson of ESPN affiliate InsideTheU.com. "I haven't talked to Coach Shannon yet about where that stands. I've heard a lot about the Teddy Bridgewater situation so I'm not sure what's going on with this recruiting class."

Shannon's contract extension was supposed to help on the recruiting trail, but it hasn't had the desired effect. Could this be what ultimately costs Shannon his job, that recruits start to lose faith in him and he becomes a guy they don't want to play for?"

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                        If we win out the entire recruiting landscape will change
                                                        Agree. It would show that our program is making big strides in the right direction.

Comment

What is up with Teddy Bridgewater? Just a one post response would be nice so the mods don't get after us for hijacking a thread lol

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                            What is up with Teddy Bridgewater? Just a one post response would be nice so the mods don't get after us for hijacking a thread lol
                                                            Screw the mods. Self righteous punks. Some smoke about Bridgewater and LSU.
                                                            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

That was fast

Chickillo has reopened his recruitment

Comment

I was just waiting on most of these guys to do that!

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                  That was fast

Chickillo has reopened his recruitment
                                                                  there is espn article...and Chickillo says that Urban has already called him....suprising (sarcasm applies)
                                                                  "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                                                    there is espn article...and Chickillo says that Urban has already called him....suprising (sarcasm applies)
                                                                    If the kid was smart he'd stay away from Flordia. I wonder how Justin and Omar feels after the lost to FSU.

Comment

Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                                                      If the kid was smart he'd stay away from Flordia. I wonder how Justin and Omar feels after the lost to FSU.
                                                                      Considering they both have championship rings, are surrounded by incredibly hot women, and just finished their WORST year (7-5), the same record as our BEST year during these last 3 years, I'd say they don't feel nearly as bad as ND fans have during Justin's and Omar's football tenure.

But I do agree, right now the program to be at in FL looks to be Florida St. And having said that, I still have questions about their program as well.

Comment

The entire staff is out recruiting hard this week. Expect a lot of visits and recruiting updates/surprises in the next two weeks.

Comment

Time to lock some people up and time to poach. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. Excited to see what happends with Golson, French, Chickillo, and Louis-Jean in the next couple weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                            Considering they both have championship rings, are surrounded by incredibly hot women, and just finished their WORST year (7-5), the same record as our BEST year during these last 3 years, I'd say they don't feel nearly as bad as ND fans have during Justin's and Omar's football tenure.

But I do agree, right now the program to be at in FL looks to be Florida St. And having said that, I still have questions about their program as well.
                                                                            I guess getting an NC title ring riding the bench is accomplishment. Please it isn't like Omar getting p*ssy stock has risen.
                                                                            Last edited by Stoic; 11-28-2010, 06:27 PM.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                                                              Time to lock some people up and time to poach. Should be an interesting couple of weeks. Excited to see what happends with Golson, French, Chickillo, and Louis-Jean in the next couple weeks.
                                                                              Looking forward to the action. Go Irish!
                                                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by Stoic View Post
                                                                                I guess getting an NC title ring riding the bench is accomplishment. Please it isn't like Omar getting p*ssy stock has risen.
                                                                                Riding the pine??? Are you serious? Please...as a redshirt freshman, Omar Hunter played in all 14 games and got plenty of PT. Justin Trattou as a true freshman had 20 tackles and got plenty of run too, and then as a sophomore he started all but one game...the year they won the national championship. How in the hell is that riding the pine?

No one is saying that they are all-world players or anything like that. In fact it's safe to say they didn't fully live up to all the hype. But if you think they are sitting there rueing (sp?) their choice of FL over ND right now, that's crazy. They won almost as many games in one year (14) as ND did in 3 years (16) - that's insane -, and were starters as it was happening. Not everyone that chooses another school, even FL, regrets that decision.

These guys might regret that decision later if they don't graduate or have a successful career, but right now, I HIGHLY doubt they feel bad or regretful in any way for choosing FL over ND.

EDIT: Does this sound like a guy who regrets his decision?

“I have made some of my best friends on this team,” said Trattou. “We have been through a lot of ups and downs together. We have stuck together through criticism and a lot of guys have showed a lot of character because of it.”

Down to his final games as a member of the Gator football team, Trattou hopes to cherish every moment.

“Playing at Florida has been the best experience a person can have as a football player,” said Trattou. “To me, the game-day atmosphere, the fans and the prime-time exposure are better than anywhere else in the country.”
                                                                                As for Chickillo, time to put on the full-court press for him.
                                                                                Last edited by NDinL.A.; 11-28-2010, 07:20 PM.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                  Riding the pine??? Are you serious? Please...as a redshirt freshman, Omar Hunter played in all 14 games and got plenty of PT. Justin Trattou as a true freshman had 20 tackles and got plenty of run too, and then as a sophomore he started all but one game...the year they won the national championship. How in the hell is that riding the pine?

No one is saying that they are all-world players or anything like that. In fact it's safe to say they didn't fully live up to all the hype. But if you think they are sitting there rueing (sp?) their choice of FL over ND right now, that's crazy. They won almost as many games in one year (14) as ND did in 3 years (16) - that's insane -, and were starters as it was happening. Not everyone that chooses another school, even FL, regrets that decision.

These guys might regret that decision later if they don't graduate or have a successful career, but right now, I HIGHLY doubt they feel bad or regretful in any way for choosing FL over ND.

As for Chickillo, time to put on the full-court press for him.
                                                                                  ^ This +1

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    is he a linebacker or d end in our system
                                                                                    God Country Notre Dame

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      OLB

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        If we keep Tuitt... he is the one legit, game changing end we need in this cycle.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Per ISD Twitter Chickillo is in the process of finalizing an official visit to ND this weekend, could be a good sign

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Huge weekend.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                                              Per ISD Twitter Chickillo is in the process of finalizing an official visit to ND this weekend, could be a good sign
                                                                                              Keep em comin' boys.... keep em comin'.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                                                That sounds very promising indeed. I can see us really stepping up our recruiting pitches to alot of guys now after our recent win and with a few weeks to go before our bowl game.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Good to see big names coming back after us winning a few games.
                                                                                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Wow that could be big I like him he is an athlete that is fast
                                                                                                    God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X