Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 KS QB Bubba Starling (Nebraska Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 KS QB Bubba Starling (Nebraska Verbal)

Dual Threat Quarterback
    Gardner KS Gardner Edgerton HS

Ht: 6-5
    Wt: 190
    40: 4.5

STATS
    '09 Rushing 1,381 yards, 11.1 ypc, 19 TDs; Passing 63/117, 53.8%, 1,433 yards, 18 TDs, 6 Ints
    '08 Rushing 1,033 yards, 9.93 ypc, 10 TDs; Passing 55/128, 43.0%, 1,141 yards, 11 TDs, 8 Ints

RANKING
    Rivals: , #3 Dual QB, Rating 5.8, #99 Overall
    Scout: , #10 QB
    ESPN: , #6 QB, Grade 81, 150 Watch List

OFFERS:
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame

Alabama
    Kansas
    Oklahoma (NO offer)
    Arizona
    Baylor
    Kansas St
    Louisville
    Texas Tech

ND RECRUITER: Ed Warinner

DECISION: 8/15/11 signed MLB contract with Kansas City (6/19/10 Nebraska Verbal)
    Last edited by BGIF; 08-16-2011, 04:53 AM. Reason: Baseball contract

I would love to have a QB named Bubba

Comment

Originally posted by anduvall06 View Post
      I would love to have a QB named Bubba
      At 6-5 with 4.5 speed, if he's got an arm his name could be Rapunzel. But he'd have to wear his hair up.

Comment

Wow. If his arm sux make him a reciever

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
          At 6-5 with 4.5 speed, if he's got an arm his name could be Rapunzel. But he'd have to wear his hair up.
          Touche my friend

Comment

He is a baseball/football guy here in my area....rumor is he wants to play both in college, but he might be a top 3 round baseball draft pick, and that might be too much money to pass up....I will keep you guys updated if I hear anything locally.
            My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
              He is a baseball/football guy here in my area....rumor is he wants to play both in college, but he might be a top 3 round baseball draft pick, and that might be too much money to pass up....I will keep you guys updated if I hear anything locally.
              I read he was interested in playing two sports but didn't realize he was that talented.

Comment

Per ISD via Bill Hodge ESPN

Startling is also a professional baseball prospect with a 93 mph fastball and light tower power.

Comment

I read he was interested in playing two sports but didn't realize he was that talented.
                  Yeah, he's actually baseball first. Then he had a pretty good year as a sophomore and realized he could be a good football player too. Then he really had a good jr year, and now he loves football.

He's going to have a difficult decision when the baseball draft comes around if he gets drafted high like many people suspect...
                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I'd exclusively tailgate with Bubba burgers if he came to us and fanagled into a starter slot, whether as QB or something else.

Just saying

Comment

YouTube - Bubba Starling, 2011, QB

Comment

he would be a good get if we could not get braxton miller either would be good
                        God Country Notre Dame
                        http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Joe Mauer II, I think we have a good shot if he decides not to go pro in baseball

Comment

Good thing about this is, put him on baseball schollie and that leaves an opening for an extra player.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                              Good thing about this is, put him on baseball schollie and that leaves an opening for an extra player.
                              Unless I'm off the deep end here, Baseball schollies usually aren't full.... I've heard in the past that they've been giving 1/4 or 1/2 scholarships.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                                That's an NCAA NO NO! Bear Bryant used to put football players on baseball, track, tennis, or anywhere else he could hide them until the NCAA said, "Enough".

Any football player on an athletic scholarship in any sport counts as a football scholarship.

Schools can fudge the annual 25 scholarship limit by bringing in an athlete on another sport scholarship but as soon as he plays football he counts against the 85 team scholarship limit.

Yeatman was awarded a lacrosse scholarship but he counted against the 85 when he played football.

Walton was an world calibre soccer player in HS. He was also an All-CIF CB in HS. He came to ND with the understanding he could try out for football if he desired. It was agreed to by Davie and the soccer coach before he accepted his soccer scholarship. As a freshman he was 2nd Team All Big East and did not play football. As a sophomore he "walked on" to the football team and played in 9 games and counted against the 85 scholarship limit.

Comment

That's an NCAA NO NO! Bear Bryant used to put football players on baseball, track, tennis, or anywhere else he could hide them until the NCAA said, "Enough".

Any football player on an athletic scholarship in any sport counts as a football scholarship.

Schools can fudge the annual 25 scholarship limit by bringing in an athlete on another sport scholarship but as soon as he plays football he counts against the 85 team scholarship limit.

Yeatman was awarded a lacrosse scholarship but he counted against the 85 when he played football.

Walton was an world calibre soccer player in HS. He was also an All-CIF CB in HS. He came to ND with the understanding he could try out for football if he desired. It was agreed to by Davie and the soccer coach before he accepted his soccer scholarship. As a freshman he was 2nd Team All Big East and did not play football. As a sophomore he "walked on" to the football team and played in 9 games and counted against the 85 scholarship limit.
                                  Bollock!!!!! Bring back the Bear Bryant years! :)

Comment

He could easily do the same thing that our last two great recievers that have moved on have done.... have his choice of sports. Golden went on and is going for football (i miss him already), and the Shark graduated and went on with baseball, though he could have been a 1st round NFL draft pick as well.

He would be given the decision and still be able to get a WORLD CLASS education if he wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishAddiction View Post
                                      He could easily do the same thing that our last two great recievers that have moved on have done.... have his choice of sports. Golden went on and is going for football (i miss him already), and the Shark graduated and went on with baseball, though he could have been a 1st round NFL draft pick as well.

He would be given the decision and still be able to get a WORLD CLASS education if he wanted.

He could but I believe there's a distinct difference in baseball abilities at the HS level. Tate and Shark talked about playing two sports in college. Starling's being talked about as a high MLB draft choice out of HS.

Comment

Lets get him first who else wants him
                                        God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Will be attending junior day per rivals.
                                          “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” Lou Holtz

Comment

Picked up an Alabama Offer

I bet there is a lot of Bubbas in L.A.
                                            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Comment

Who is that a picture of
                                                God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
                                                  Who is that a picture of
                                                  Dude... really? You've never seen "Forrest Gump"?

"Shrimp salad... shrimp gumbo... fried shrimp... shrimp on a stick..."

Comment

Benjamin Buford Blue of course.

Comment

Originally posted by neoroks32 View Post
                                                      LOL, that's great but some of the younger crowd won't know that's the wrong Bubba.

Comment

Scout gave him a 4th Star and now ranks him as #10 QB

Comment

Monday Mailbag | April 12th
                                                          By Charles Drake | 4/12/10<o:p> </o:p>

Notre Dame should feel really good about it's chances right now and wherever Starling ends up will be getting him for baseball as well, so that's going to be a huge factor. Golden Tate and Jeff Samardzija playing both sports at Notre Dame really hit home with Starling on his visit up to South Bend and ND football coaches made a point of driving that fact home by having Bubba meet the entire baseball staff.

As for main competition.. Three schools come to mind. Nebraska, Alabama, and Kansas. Bubba is very close with both Head Coach Turner Gill and Offensive Coordinator Chuck Long at KU and they were one of the first schools to show the QB out of Gardner, Kansas some love. Alabama is a school every player right row would love to get an offer from, so you can't count the Tide out if they decide to pursue harder. Nebraska is a place that's not too far away from home and the NU staff has made Starling a priority while pitching the baseball program and academics.

A dark-horse or two will probably offer a bit late and Miami(FL) could still have a say in the Starling sweepstakes, but for now, he looks Irish.

Comment

Is on campus, again, right now, to check out practice and other things, until Tuesday, per ISD.

Excellent news when a kid comes in unannounced, on his own dime...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                              Is on campus, again, right now, to check out practice and other things, until Tuesday, per ISD.

Excellent news when a kid comes in unannounced, on his own dime...
                                                              This is nice to hear

Comment

Would be a huge get. Runs a 4.5 and throws a 93 mph fast ball? Great prospect.
                                                                sigpic

Comment

Per Eric Hansen, SBT

4/19

Bubba has been on campus and said publicly that he loved his visit to Notre Dame and has a hard time believing that the irish won't be in it til the end for the 6-5, 193-pounder with 4.5 speed in the 40. He said he loves the spread offense and likes ND's family atmosphere. A long time to go 'til signing day, but those are some good vibes early for ND.

Comment

Bubba did not commit but told Rivals the Irish are the clear front runners right now

Comment

I think Bubba woud be an excellent gift but i hope he works on his passing abilities because he is talented but i believe his feet are above his arm right now
                                                                      God Country Notre Dame

Comment

I think Bubba woud be an excellent gift but i hope he works on his passing abilities because he is talented but i believe his feet are above his arm right now
                                                                        not saying that he will or is, but if he starts or plays as a freshman u can get away with your running ability being better than your passing ability

Comment

I think it's pretty safe to say that he'll work on his passing abilities.

Comment

I think the main competition for Bubba is the MLB draft next summer.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by mat33 View Post
                                                                              I think the main competition for Bubba is the MLB draft next summer.
                                                                              Just how good at baseball is he anyway? First round type guy? Will he pull a Joe Mauer on us?
                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• #40
                                                                                He's a stud FL, big time. Apparently he throws 95 and mashes the ball...could be a very high draft pick.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Per On the Trail:

ESPNU 150 Watch List quarterback Bubba Starling names favorites

Bubba Starling (Gardner, Kan./Edgerton) has five leaders, ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports.

Notre Dame, Alabama, Nebraska, Kansas and Oklahoma make up his top five. All but the Sooners have offered. Starling is scheduled to visit Oklahoma next Wednesday.

Texas Tech, Arizona, Baylor, Kansas State and Louisville are the other offers for the 6-foot-5, 190-pound prospect.

Starling's also a top baseball prospect with a 95 MPH fastball and .575 batting average and five home runs so far this season.
                                                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Quick question. IF he signed a LOI in February of 2011 and then got drafted in June. Would he have to honor that or is he free to go play baseball?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDBCSChamps View Post
                                                                                      Quick question. IF he signed a LOI in February of 2011 and then got drafted in June. Would he have to honor that or is he free to go play baseball?
                                                                                      I think that if he gets drafted by the MLB he can play with them instead of playing football but if he signs a LOI and he play ball for a few years and can get out of the minors and wants to come back to football he has to go to the school he signed the LOI or get a release from that school. I believe this is what happen to Chris weinke from FSU

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        If Bubba commits to the Irish, do you think Kelly should go after another QB in this class in case if he gets drafted in the MLB??

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I don't think he would. It would be too late anyways, if we assume his MLB draft will be in june 2011. By then, all the good QBs are sign somewhere else. Besides with 3 coming this fall, + Montana looking decent it wouldn't be a big deal. My guess is that he would focus on bringing a very elite one in the class of 2012 instead of just bringing some guy.

Crow and Mauk already look like they are going to be 2 of the best QBs in the 2012 class and both are very high on ND.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                                                                            If Bubba commits to the Irish, do you think Kelly should go after another QB in this class in case if he gets drafted in the MLB??
                                                                                            No, there aren't enough scholarships available in this class to take two.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by aubeirish View Post
                                                                                              I don't think he would. It would be too late anyways, if we assume his MLB draft will be in june 2011. By then, all the good QBs are sign somewhere else. Besides with 3 coming this fall, + Montana looking decent it wouldn't be a big deal. My guess is that he would focus on bringing a very elite one in the class of 2012 instead of just bringing some guy.

Crow and Mauk already look like they are going to be 2 of the best QBs in the 2012 class and both are very high on ND.
                                                                                              Your 2012 strategy is viable. Also Scout's #4 QB Kiehl Frazier is back in the picture for ND. The MLB draft is a concern but there are options.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Bubba went to Lawrence for KU's recent Spring Game. I should think along with MLB the Jayhawks are ND's primary competition.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Also went to OU's spring game apparently. They have not offered yet, but he appears to have significant interest in them as well. He would be behind some pretty good QB prospects there, however. How much interest? Hard to say.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Your 2012 strategy is viable. Also Scout's #4 QB Kiehl Frazier is back in the picture for ND. The MLB draft is a concern but there are options.
                                                                                                    Looks like ND made quite an impression on Kiehl. That's good news. I think we would be very ecstatic to get either one wearing the gold helmet.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X