Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 OH S Eilar Hardy (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 OH S Eilar Hardy (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Safety
    Pickerington, Ohio Central HS

Ht: 6-0
    Wt: 170
    40: 4.49
    Bench: 260
    Squat: 330
    Shuttle: 4.31
    Vertical: 32
    GPA: 3.1
    Test: 18 (plans retake)

STATS
    '09: 75 Tackles, 4 Ints

RANKING
    Rivals: , #12 Safety, Rating 5.8, National 179, Rivals 250
    Scout: , #15 Safety
    ESPN: , #22 Safety, Grade 79

OFFERS
    Notre Dame (Jr Day, Camp '10)
    Cincinnati
    Maryland
    West Virginia
    Arizona
    Boston College
    Colorado
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Michigan St
    Minnesota
    Wisconsin
    Vanderbilt

ND RECRUITER: Tim Hinton

DECISION: 6/25/10 Notre Dame Verbal
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 07-14-2010, 08:40 AM. Reason: ND Verbal
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Why so many Ohio kids? Good crop a coming next year?

Comment

Why hasnt he gotten offers from any other big names. I love Kelly getting full classes but we need four and five star prospects
      God Country Notre Dame
      http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Go look and see how many offers Kyle Prater had at this time of the year last year. There is a long list of guys who get late offers. There's still camps, viewing periods, all of next year's football, etc. Relax, if he's good, offers will be pouring in...
        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
          Why so many Ohio kids? Good crop a coming next year?
          Kelly knows Ohio, the schools, and the coaches. He will need some time to get caught uo in the other areas. Atleast Alford should help in Florida

Comment

Originally posted by ryno 24 View Post
            Why hasnt he gotten offers from any other big names. I love Kelly getting full classes but we need four and five star prospects
            There's 11-1/2 months left in this recruiting cycle. This kid is listed at 163-168 pounds which his pretty light for a Safety. He's a junior with lots of time to add pounds but to schools handing out offers there are other thicker kids right now.

As for 4 and 5 Star kids, Scout ranks Hardy with 4 Stars and as their #6 CB. CB seems more appropriate for his current weight.

Kelly's known this kid for quite some time. He was on him from the start, offered early, had him to a UC game last September. In an interview with a Maryland recruiting site last October Hardy talked more about UC than Maryland which had also offered.

This kid had over 70 tackles and 3 ints last year. He's apparently got talent, and grew up with snow and cold weather. Seems like a reasonable offer.

Comment

interesting to see if Ohio State joins the party... Pickerington is a suburb of Columbus
              Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

Added an offer from Kentucky.

Comment

Added MSU offer.

Comment

Added Wisconsin offer.

Comment

Added offers from Ilinois and Louisville.

Comment

According to Lemming Hardy and parents were so impressed with Kelly and ND that he almost committed on Jr. Day.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                          According to Lemming Hardy and parents were so impressed with Kelly and ND that he almost committed on Jr. Day.
                          Nice! He told ISD he hung out with Tony de Priest and even Brad Carrico, and he said his parents loved the visit and were 'really into it'.

Also said that he would like to take all 5 visits, and that he'll be traveling a lot this spring and this summer to check out other schools, and while he doesn't claim any favorites, that ND is 'at the top' and is in line to get an OV...

Comment

Thats really good news sounds like Carrico could be a major recruiter for us nows
                            God Country Notre Dame

Comment

i think every kid who commits should be a big recruiter. if they want to get the best tam they need the best talent too. look at what crist did his year. he was all over the place talking to people

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                ... if they want to get the best tam they need the best talent ...
                                A typo, I know (I know, I know, I know!), but the image of the team in floppy hats with pom-poms on top strikes me funny bone.

What the hell! Why not?

Picture this: The Fighting Irish emerge from the tunnel at the start of a game wearing Tam-O-Shanters fashioned from an Irish tartan. It looks pretty damn silly at first, doesn't it? Then imagine that the team, as one, tosses tams in the air (a lá The Mary Tyler Moore Show – Gimme a break, I've been living in Minneapolis since 1979!), raises those iconic gold helmets on high, and jams them on to confidently show that "When The Going Gets Tough, The Tough Get Going" – while appropriately "dressed."

A short-lived "tradition," perhaps. Like the "silent cheer" used a number of years back by ND B-ball fans hoping to distract opponents shooting free throws. I loved it! Bodies jumping up and down, arms waving, signs flashing --- but rather than hooting, hollering and chants of "Air Ball, Air Ball!" --- silence. Not a peep! A very unnerving and disruptive "anti"-cheer.

Back to the topic at hand: this guy looks to be a real asset if all plays out. If he, and other commits, help to land additional young men with the academic, physical and attitudinal cojones to (mutually) benefit from time at an ND as a student athlete, "ˇVaya con dios!" Or as BGIF might say "Tiocfaidh ár lá!"

Comment

Tam-O-Shanters I could take. It's the defensive play that looked like they were wearing skirts that's the problem.

Hardy could be a part of changing that image. He's a corner that hits like a safety.

Comment

Scouts changed him from 4 Star #6 CB to 4 Star # 15 Safety

Comment

Picked up an offer from Vandy.

Comment

Told Scout that 6 schools are standing out for him: Michigan State, Notre Dame, Cincinnati, West Virginia, Kentucky and Arizona.

Even better for ND fans, he is visiting with his dad and coach on June 18th-19th while his coach is working one of the camps. He wants to get a feel for the campus and the guys on the team. He's not sure if ND is recruiting him as a safety or a corner. Either one is fine with him...

Comment

I am usually very positive on recruiting in general, and I didn't read the article you read L.A., but how does he not know what we are recruiting him as? We have some potential big holes in our secondary (esp. w/ Spencer leaving). We need to be going after this guy hard, and letting him either a) know exactly where he fits into our defensive scheme, or b) tell him that he has the skills to play either position for the Irish.

Hopefully we told him "b" and he just screwed up his words by saying he is "not sure." Otherwise, I hope we are putting more effort into his recruitment as it could pay big dividends down the line.

-- semi-rant over :)

Comment

this is just more good news Do we know when he is going to commit
                                            God Country Notre Dame

Comment

Update

RANKING
                                              Rivals: , #12 Safety, Rating 5.8, National 179, Rivals 250
                                              Scout: , #16 Safety
                                              ESPN: , #22 Safety, Grade 79

Rivals made him their #12 Safety.
                                              Last edited by BGIF; 06-16-2010, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Hardy should be on campus today. He was scheduled to be a ND camp from 6/16 - 6/18.

OhioVarsity.com rates Hardy their #3 DB in Ohio behind Doran Grant and Ron Tanner.

OSU has not offered. They have two DB verbals so far.
                                                DerJuan Gambrell 6-2 180 Rivals 3 Star CB from Toledo. OhioVarsity has him as their #6 Ohio DB.
                                                Jeremy Cash 6-2 180 Rivals 4 Star S from Plantation FL.

The Bucks have 14 verbals and have offers out to Grant and Tanner and Karlos Williams, Wayne Lyons, Jabari Gorman among others.

For now ND and MSU seem to be the competition for Hardy.

Comment

Any update as to how this kid's visit went? Craving a solid safety.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
                                                    Any update as to how this kid's visit went? Craving a solid safety.
                                                    ISD hasn't been able to contact him but he has been texting Brad Carrico telling him that he loved the visit.
                                                    “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” Lou Holtz

Comment

It would be quite nice to start adding some defensive backs to the class...
                                                      This sig will not change until The Browns win the Super Bowl... So get real used to it.

Comment

There are some rumors he is expected to commit soon, but we all know how that goes
                                                        2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

just got a twitter update on hardy on ISD if anyone can read it.

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                            There are some rumors he is expected to commit soon, but we all know how that goes
                                                            i hope he does because we need alot of help in secondary.

Comment

Per ISD: Sounds like it really went well! His dad gave the quotes in the article.

He hung out a lot with Manti, and it sounded like that went awesome for him (we are so lucky to have Manti). He really likes all of the coaches. His father described the visit with Kelly as "excellent... He just told us he wants Eiler real bad, and I truly believe that."

Sounds good. I'll try to post more info as it becomes available.

Comment

Originally posted by BearGB View Post
                                                                Per ISD: Sounds like it really went well! His dad gave the quotes in the article.

He hung out a lot with Manti, and it sounded like that went awesome for him (we are so lucky to have Manti). He really likes all of the coaches. His father described the visit with Kelly as "excellent... He just told us he wants Eiler real bad, and I truly believe that."

Sounds good. I'll try to post more info as it becomes available.
                                                                I think all the recruits should hangout with Manti, because he is a prime example of what it means to be a ND student athlete..

Plus if their are recruits who think they might be home sick, Manti can give them his opinion of leaving home.

Hopefully ND can land Hardy. DBs are a must for this recruiting class imo.

Comment

According to Jarret Grace, Eilar Hardy will be committing to ND this summer via FaceBook...

Obviously nothing official, it might just be wishful thinking on Grace's part... But hopefully it's true.

Comment

Woah, that's nice to hear (even if it's not true...we need some damn good news!).

Scout just did an article on him, and reflected on his recent visit to ND. He said that he really wasn't feeling ND on his jr day visit in March, but this past visit went MUCH better. Got to hang out with the players, which was huge because he felt very comfortable around them. Also got to see parts of the campus he hadn't seen before. He left feeling very good about ND...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                      Woah, that's nice to hear (even if it's not true...we need some damn good news!).

Scout just did an article on him, and reflected on his recent visit to ND. He said that he really wasn't feeling ND on his jr day visit in March, but this past visit went MUCH better. Got to hang out with the players, which was huge because he felt very comfortable around them. Also got to see parts of the campus he hadn't seen before. He left feeling very good about ND...
                                                                      Jarret Grace has been working hard to get Eilar to tag along and come to ND... Jarret was telling this to Clay Burton who said he is working on bringing Aaron Lynch to ND as well...

Comment

Originally posted by FightingIrishLover7 View Post
                                                                        I think all the recruits should hangout with Manti, because he is a prime example of what it means to be a ND student athlete..

Plus if their are recruits who think they might be home sick, Manti can give them his opinion of leaving home.

Hopefully ND can land Hardy. DBs are a must for this recruiting class imo.
                                                                        I want to hang out with Manti. He has that "it" quailty about him, you know. That special light some people have inside. He's very soft spoken, and a very compelling person. He draws energy towards him.

I always felt was that this was my destiny. If there was something, that, you have to do or something that you feel like you were called to do, this was it for me. Therefore it was important, that I, made sure that evolve out of my soul and out of the reality of my life. I've come across so many, wonderful people, that share the same dream as I do. Therefore I now exist in independence, along with those who have come across the hard life like I have. -Manti Te'o

Comment

Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                                                                          I want to hang out with Manti. He has that "it" quailty about him, you know. That special light some people have inside. He's very soft spoken, and a very compelling person. He draws energy towards him.
                                                                          Manti Te'o is most likely going to end up being my favorite ND player ever... He is just the most likable football player I can remember.

Comment

Manti Te'o is most likely going to end up being my favorite ND player ever... He is just the most likable football player I can remember.
                                                                            Dude stay away from him!! I called this bromance long time ago. Has Hardy given exact date (i.e. before next season) when he wants to commit?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by DirtySecret View Post
                                                                              Dude stay away from him!! I called this bromance long time ago. Has Hardy given exact date (i.e. before next season) when he wants to commit?
                                                                              Nothing official... but Jarret Grace told Clay Burton "yeah with coach kelly we already know the offense will score so defense is what will help us get a national championship, my boy eilar hardy a db is gonna commit this summer too"

So sounds like possibly the summer... But that might just be wishful thinking.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Nothing official... but Jarret Grace told Clay Burton "yeah with coach kelly we already know the offense will score so defense is what will help us get a national championship, my boy eilar hardy a db is gonna commit this summer too"

So sounds like possibly the summer... But that might just be wishful thinking.
                                                                                Do you think if we luck out on Lyons and Johnson they'll put Hardy back at safety?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I have no idea about the positioning....

I just want him to commit first lol.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Jarret Grace was telling Eilar Hardy it would be nice to have a picture of an ND logo in his Facebook profile picture, just like picture Grace and Carrico have...

Hardy responded by saying..." ha yea eventually.. Maybe real soon."

It's sounding good... And it looks like Jarret Grace is like hardcore recruiting guys and checking in on ND's prospects...

I'm liking the kids that Kelly is bringing in.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Eilar Hardy also has a status saying

"...Then one of the biggest decisions of my life that will change my whole future. Well have to see..."

So it sounds like he might be picking a school soon... Come on Hardy!!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I guess this is what Kelly is meaning by RKG's, these kids seem to be contributing already.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by jmurphy75 View Post
                                                                                          I guess this is what Kelly is meaning by RKG's, these kids seem to be contributing already.
                                                                                          Jarret Grace is definitely a RKG.. Going out and checking in with other ND prospects is awesome... Especially considering he doesn't have to help out with the recruiting process. This tells me that he wants to put together a great recruiting class and be a successful team.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I'm hearing about an announcement at 1 PM today

Expected to be Irish

Did I mention how sexy it would be to get some talent in the secondary

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Yep, I figured he was going to announce today judging by his Facebook status...

And if he was being honest to Jarret Grace, he told Jarret that he was going to eventually be joining the Irish, possibly real soon.

Eilar would be a huge addition to our team... Now if we could pull in Wayne Lyons that would make me super pumped.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                man i hope so because this would be huge if we could get him

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  both of them

Yep, I figured he was going to announce today judging by his Facebook status...

And if he was being honest to Jarret Grace, he told Jarret that he was going to eventually be joining the Irish, possibly real soon.

Eilar would be a huge addition to our team... Now if we could pull in Wayne Lyons that would make me super pumped.
                                                                                                  =SUPER SEXY

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Any news?
                                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X