Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 OH LB Jarrett Grace (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 OH LB Jarrett Grace (Signed Notre Dame LOI)

Inside Linebacker
    Cincinnati, OH Colerain HS

Ht: 6-4
    Wt: 240
    40: 4.6
    Bench Max: 300
    Squat Max: 550
    Vertical: 30
    GPA: 4.0
    Test: Sat (March), ACT (April)

STATS
    '09: 95 Tackles, 17 TFLs, 4 Sacks, 2 Ints, 5 Fumbles Caused

RANKING
    Rivals: , #20 ILB, Rating 5.7
    Scout: , #11 OLB
    ESPN: , #33 ILB, Grade 78

OFFERS
    Notre Dame
    Arizona
    Boston College
    Cincinnati
    Colorado
    Duke
    Indiana
    Kentucky
    Michigan St
    North Carolina St
    Northwestern
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    West Virginia
    Wisconsin
    Vanderbilt

ND RECRUITER: Tim Hinton

DECISION SCHEDULE: 4/24/10 Notre Dame Verbal
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 07-19-2010, 04:13 PM. Reason: Ranking
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

GO GET AN OHIO GEM DAMN IT!!!

Comment

Was at the ND-USC game last year
      2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

i went to Colerain. I'll have to do some recon.

Comment

Kis is academics first. Straight A's, all honors courses. If he gets so much as a B, his mom won't let him play sports. And he says he's fine with that, because he's only once came close to getting a B. Plans on majoring in pre-med. He wants to take all 5 visits before deciding. He did say that he loves ND...
          sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Another prospect with a pre-existing relationship with Kelly, Hinton, and Diacco.

Rivals and ESPN have him as an ILB while Scout lists as a 4 Star, #10 ranked OLB.

Comment

Added offers from Michigan St, Kentucky, Wisconsin, and Vanderbilt.

Comment

Jarret Grace would be a great recruit for ND. In addition to being a super student, he has all the physical assets to excel on the football field. Sure hope he decides to come with us. Go Irish.

Comment

RKG!!!!

DEFINIATION OF RKG!!!!

Comment

Article per ESPN's On the Trail:

Jarrett Grace "blown away" by Notre Dame junior day

2011 linebacker Jarrett Grace (Cincinnati/Colerain) said this weekend's junior day at Notre Dame, "blew me away," ESPN affiliate Web site IrishSportsDaily.com reports. "It went really, really well. I was definitely impressed and loved everything I saw."

"Notre Dame, they're the complete package with everything. They have the academics and the football tradition there, and the things coach (Brian) Kelly is doing, I think he's going to get things back to where they used to be, and they also have the religious aspect that ties everything together. It has it all."

Grace is currently holding 14 scholarship offers including Notre Dame, Tennessee, Boston College, West Virginia, Michigan State, Wisconsin, Cincinnati and Indiana.

"Cincinnati stands out because it's local, and I have the connections there, and also Indiana, it's a family feel there and I like their head coach Bill Lynch and the staff a lot," he continued.

Grace registered 95 tackles, 20 tackles for loss and two interceptions as a junior.
                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

I like this kid
                      God Country Notre Dame
                      http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Scout moved him up one slot to #10 OLB.

He's added offers from Duke, Arizona, and Tennessee and plans on making a visit to Knoxville soon.

Comment

One of Lemming's Two Most Likely To Commit at the B&G Game.

Two who the Irish staff wants, and may get, according to Lemming, are Fort Wayne (Dwenger) defensive end Tony Springmann and Cincinnati (Colerain) inside linebacker Jarrett Grace.

I think those are the two guys that could commit to Notre Dame while they're there, Lemming said.

South Bend Tribune: Notre Dame football recruiting: Irish could add to fold soon

Comment

Committed to Notre Dame!!!! (per ISD)

Comment

Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful Saturday
                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

NICE!!! congrats!!!

Comment

ISD Freebie

Notre Dame Football - Grace Finds Complete Package At ND

With his parents, brother, three sisters, brother-in-law and niece with him, he gave his verbal commitment to head coach Brian Kelly and the Irish program.

“It’s basically a dream school,” Grace told Irish Sports Daily on Friday. “I was so excited about this offer, more than any other offer. Right away it hit me that this is where I need to go. I thought about it and prayed about it and took a few visits, and it’s the right place for me.

Grace chose the Irish over scholarship offers from the likes of Tennessee, West Virginia, Boston College, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Cincinnati and Indiana. Grace is also a 4.0 student
                                  more at the Link
                                  Last edited by BGIF; 04-24-2010, 10:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polish Leppy 22 View Post
                                    Looks like it's gonna be a beautiful Saturday
                                    Good news. When does the game even start?
                                    sigpic

Comment

1 30

Comment

Ohio State never offered this kid.........it says a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by SoJerseyIrish View Post

yea like he isnt a felon so they were not interested?

Comment

Originally posted by beneboy View Post
                                            yea like he isnt a felon so they were not interested?
                                            lol..

Comment

that really doesnt mean anything because ND has just recently offed james wilder jr. who is considered the "big name" recruit of th year

Comment

He's also a 4 star kid per scout and the #10 OLB in their eyes. Now, scout is wrong all the time and Ohio State is wrong on kids too. You could look at both and find negatives and/or positives. Just gotta trust the staff I guess. Kid looks good on film and he's got a great body for this defense...
                                                Last edited by NDinL.A.; 04-24-2010, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Anyone have a link to some video on this kid? Only thing Google has given me is a postgame interview with an annoying girl yelling the whole time.

Read some OSU forums and they're not sure why he hasn't received an offer. They're targeting DePriest and Vaughters currently. They have a lot of depth at LB, so they may not have a need. Regardless, it's still early in the process and not all the targets have received offers.

Should we be basing the caliber of our recruits based on who OSU has targeted? To me that doesn't seem like a smart evaluation tool. I wouldn't let it bother you too much. He's 6'4" - 240 lbs with a 4.7 40 time. He can line up as OLB or a rush DE. He's got a 4.0. Bag 'em and tag 'em - he's going to be good.

Comment

The good players in Ohio get OSU offers......it's not like this kid is from Oregon and didn't get an OSU offer, he is from Ohio......not trying to belittle the kid, he fits in from an academic perspective and looks like he has some game so it is a good pickup and I am sure he will do well. I just would love to see some of the top talent at the position coming to ND....I want to win championships, not just be a good team.

Comment

I don't think the OSU has been recruiting Cincinnati the way perhaps they should. Besides, I trust that Kelly knows what he is doing. Seems like a great prospect anyways.

Comment

Congrats Jarrett! Go Irish!
                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

I've loved this kid on film. Got a tape from a buddy who coaches in Ohio. Really fluid. Love, love LOVE this get.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                            I've loved this kid on film. Got a tape from a buddy who coaches in Ohio. Really fluid. Love, love LOVE this get.

But OSU didnt offer ...

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                              But OSU didnt offer ...
                                                              Maybe he's too smart...lol

Comment

Maybe it was well known he didn't have interest in OSU. Still feels like we stole a cookie from the cookie jar though, oh yeah. Welcome aboard Jarrett.
                                                                Just believe.

Comment

Maybe he pulled an Aaron Lynch and Ohio State did offer but he turned it down on the spot because he has a secret prejudice against sweatervests...

Comment

Or maybe he is a step below the top LB's in the country.......crazy idea....I know.....I guess I have higher expectations than most, I want the best.....

Comment

Or maybe he is a step below the top LB's in the country.......crazy idea....I know.....I guess I have higher expectations than most, I want the best.....
                                                                      he is the 10th ranked OLB in the country.

what in the world more do you want...geezus

Comment

we have Manti, he is the best.

Congrats Jarrett Grace, your a stud and most of us are ecstatic to have you.
                                                                        I heard it from a reliable source.

Comment

What's say ... O$U missed the boat on this kid? A 4-star prospect per scout and the #10 rated OLB overall, yet your comment comes across as ND really pissed away a scholarship. Yeah, I too can't believe the Irish took this LB since he's not a 5-star ! What are they thinking?

Comment

Welcome to the family Grace. Gonna have to watch some highlights because like Farley i really dont know much on him but glad to see some verbals come in

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Was on power hour with Mike Frank. Wow, what an outstanding young man. From what I have seen, he is an outstanding football player as well. Very excited with this commitment.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Update

RANKING
                                                                                Rivals: , #20 ILB, Rating 5.7
                                                                                Scout: , #9 OLB
                                                                                ESPN: , #33 ILB, Grade 78

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  This kid is part of a winning H.S. Football program. in SW Ohio Cinci area. He is a stud ! I hope we get him for real.

ps. The hell with OSU.........
                                                                                  KEEP THE FAITH !!!
                                                                                  GO !!! IRISH !!! GO !!!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    FINALLY found some game footage on him on Rivals. He looks like an excellent ILB. Saw a few picks when dropping in coverage, and he was very good against the run. He lights up a few receivers coming across the middle too.

He seems to be loving ND, and he's been reaching out to other recruits quite a bit. Sounds like this guy is buying into Kelly's program.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Check out his offer list on rivals...bama and the suckeyes offered him recently

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        yes but he says he could have more offers but all mail he gets from other schools go straight into the trash

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by mcbri014 View Post
                                                                                          Check out his offer list on rivals...bama and the suckeyes offered him recently
                                                                                          its sad that them offering is needed validation for some!

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Ben E. View Post
                                                                                            its sad that them offering is needed validation for some!
                                                                                            I absolutely get what you're saying, but it is validation for those of us (including you) who had to argue against those clowns who said BK would only offer 2 and 3 star guys...guys from Ohio that had MAC offer lists, etc. BK I believe was the 1st big-school coach (or one of the first) to jump on this kid, but because he had offers from Indiana and Duke and Kentucky, many BK haters assumed that he was a marginal player at best and that ND was doomed to a lifetime of marginal players. Nevermind that several experts who reviewed his film said he had the chance to be great and that he was a perfect fit for ND.

Here's some quotes from an Irish fan on this thread:

Ohio State never offered this kid.........it says a lot. The good players in Ohio get OSU offers......it's not like this kid is from Oregon and didn't get an OSU offer, he is from Ohio. I just would love to see some of the top talent at the position coming to ND....I want to win championships, not just be a good team.

Maybe he is a step below the top LB's in the country.......crazy idea....I know.....I guess I have higher expectations than most, I want the best.....
                                                                                            Fast forward to now and 2 of the best defenses in college football want him to join their team. I'd say BK is validated, and those negative-nancy clowns that pervade ND message boards need to stand up and realize that BK will recruited the BEST players that fit his defense and persona, star system be damned...
                                                                                            Last edited by NDinL.A.; 07-19-2010, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This kid is perfect for the Irish. He is going to be a great linebacker and I wanted to point out his new offers for those that thought Kelly couldn't get top talent. Grace loves ND and he will be a big time player in the future. I don't need the validation of a Bama offer to make me like this kid. His highlight film speaks for itself.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Any chance this guy de-commits?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                  same chance that any of them have until they sign on the line that is dotted!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                                                                    Evryone has a chance to decomit that is the nature of recruiting but he did say he throws away all mail he gets from other schools without reading it so thats a great sign

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X