Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'11 WA WR Kasen Williams (Washington Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '11 WA WR Kasen Williams (Washington Verbal)

Wide Receiver
    Sammamish, WA Skyline HS

Ht: 6-2
    Wt: 196
    40: 4.6

STATS
    '09: 74 catches, 1209 yds, 20 TDs
    '08: 53 catches, 939 yds, 11 TDs

RANKING
    Rivals: , #22 WR, Rating 5.8, National #246, Rivals 250
    Scout: , #1 WR
    ESPN: , #11 WR, Grade 81, National #62, ESPN 150

OFFERS
    Washington (camp '09)
    Cal
    Florida (camp '09)
    LSU
    Notre Dame

Oklahoma
    Washington St
    Georgia Tech
    Alabama
    Arkansas
    Arizona
    Arizona St
    Boise St
    BYU
    FSU
    Oregon
    Oregon St
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    UCLA (camp '09)
    Duke
    Idaho
    Southern Cal
    Vanderbilt

ND RECRUITER: Denbrock (Randy Hart)

DECISION: 8/27/10 Washington Verbal
    Last edited by BGIF; 08-27-2010, 10:49 PM. Reason: Decision

This guy wil be a top 3 prospect come NSD2011. He is a monster who could impact on just about any team his freshman year. He is quick and is VERY physical receiver. Went to the same school as Jake Heaps, funny thing was, they were giving this guy credit for making Heaps the player he was and saying he would be a bigger prospect than Heaps was. Would love him at ND, he wil be hard to pry from PAC-10 as his dad played at UWash, but I do believe Kelly will make a HUGE push for him as he loves him a WR.

Comment

We do run the spread he will have an opportunity for playing time early
      God Country Notre Dame
      http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/n...andeverett.jpg

Comment

Scout's #1 WR, 5 Stars and Rivals and ESPN both have him on their Watch Lists.

Comment

Gotta love BYU fans.. They plague youtube highlights of every prospect they offer thinking they'll get'em.. Anyways, here a highlight.. Roll it!!

YouTube - Kasen Williams 2008

Comment

Picked up offers from ASU, ARK, FSU, GT, and Oregon St.

Comment

I think this kid could come in and fill Floyd's shoes, maybe a half size smaller but he will grow into them :D.
              Good things coming for ND.

Comment

I don't see him coming to South Bend. Hopefully I'm wrong though.

Comment

Still Scout's #1 WR.

Comment

Per Scout, Williams is looking to cut his immense list of schools to something more manageable, anywhere between 7-10 teams, in the coming weeks. 3 teams sure to make his list are Cal, Washington, and Florida. He also mentioned some schools he needs to see, and the first team he named was Notre Dame. He also mentioned Florida, schools in the south, UCLA (again), and USC. Still a longshot but it's always good to be in the ballgame at least...
                    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Living here in Washington I really can't see us getting Kasen. I really think he will go to UW and catch passes from Nick Montana. Nick and his team came up and played Heaps and Williams team. UW had a great year recruiting this year, and they already have racked up like 11 for next year. Most likely he will be there. The kid is an absolute stud, and would fit in great at ND. Hopefully the allure of playing on TV every weekend and not on the horrible Pac 10 TV Network will also help. The other thing is the history of WR's going to the NFL from UW is pretty horrible. Reggie Williams and Paul Skansi?????? Look at ND's list. And now we will even throw the ball more. AWESOME. So, hopefully Williams makes the correct choice and becomes a Golden Domer. Get him on campus and let the route run its course--pun intended.

Go Irish!

Comment

Kasen was visited by Coach Denbrock on Monday, and he is planning on a summertime visit to South Bend

Comment

In order to have a chance with these Kind of guys we have to get them on campus.

Comment

Hopefully this kid is a Seahawks fan and wants to be the next Golden Tate

Comment

I sure hope he comes to ND. This kid is electric. He and Jake Heaps were awesome. I still thinks he goes to Washington, sure hope not. But, Nick Montana was really good in their spring game. And outshined Locker on his throws. So, this may sway him?? I think we batter concentrate on Davarius. But, man being in washington it would make me sick seeing him go to UW. I despise UW.

Go Irish!!

Comment

Love it when a young receiver catches the ball with his hands. From the highlight reel it looks like he lacks true burner speed, but has great body control and will battle for the jump ball. This highlight reel reminds me of a former Irish standout....

YouTube - Derrick Mayes
                                Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

Just got a text from a buddy saying that he read that we made Williams' top 10. And almost as good, USC didn't LOL.

Haven't heard from my friend what his top 10 is, although I'm sure UW will be tough to beat considering both his parents graduated from there...

Comment

Thanks for the update. Are we a longshot with him?

Comment

Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                      Thanks for the update. Are we a longshot with him?
                                      Well, we're not as long of a shot anymore. Also, he's coming on his own dime in July (I don't know when but I remember Scout and ISD both said he was coming), so at the very least there is legit interest. He's still a VERY tough get, but at least we have a foot in the door...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                        Well, we're not as long of a shot anymore. Also, he's coming on his own dime in July (I don't know when but I remember Scout and ISD both said he was coming), so at the very least there is legit interest. He's still a VERY tough get, but at least we have a foot in the door...
                                        UW will be tough to beat, but you have a great point, LA, that getting the "foot in the door" is a HUGE sign. With a visit to ND (especially in the summer), I actually think we have a good chance of making his top 5, at least, if he does make one later on. Seeing good play out of our wide receivers this year, along with possibly signing Bubba, could even move us higher on his list...

Comment

Edit on that last post:

Two things that could potentially hurt us:

1) He wants to run track in college. We have a good, but certainly not elite track program.

2) He says there is a good chance he will decide before his senior season, therefore more reliance on Kelly's verbiage than the actual on-field product. I think we actually may have a better chance the longer this commitment waits.

Comment

BYU should be a player here too. Former QB teammate Jake Heaps goes there now,

Comment

Update

RANKING
                                              Rivals: , #22 WR, Rating 5.8, National #246, 250 To Watch
                                              Scout: , #1 WR
                                              ESPN: , #11 WR, Grade 81, National #62, 150 Watch List

The 3 services agree he's talented but quite a spread in Ranking. Scout has him at #1 while ESPN has him at #11 and Rivals at #22.

Comment

Rivals hating him=good sign for ND. All we need now is for him to get the token injury during his senior season(although this backfired with Barr).

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                  BYU should be a player here too. Former QB teammate Jake Heaps goes there now,
                                                  Nope, released his top 10 and no byu.

High School Sports Blog | Skyline's Kasen Williams releases his top 10 list | Seattle Times Newspaper

Washington
                                                  Cal
                                                  LSU
                                                  Arkansas
                                                  Florida
                                                  Notre Dame
                                                  Alabama
                                                  Washington State
                                                  Georgia Tech
                                                  Oklahoma
                                                  I heard it from a reliable source.

Comment

Originally posted by chyrspchuck View Post
                                                    Nope, released his top 10 and no byu.

High School Sports Blog | Skyline's Kasen Williams releases his top 10 list | Seattle Times Newspaper

Washington
                                                    Cal
                                                    LSU
                                                    Arkansas
                                                    Florida
                                                    Notre Dame
                                                    Alabama
                                                    Washington State
                                                    Georgia Tech
                                                    Oklahoma
                                                    I am extremely surprised. Good for us though. Are those in any particular order?

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                                      I am extremely surprised. Good for us though. Are those in any particular order?
                                                      No. But he told ISD's Steve Wiltfong that he's really interested in running track, and that LSU's and Arkansas's strong track programs help their cause. ND's track team is decent, but not at the aforementioned schools' level.

Still, top 10 for such a stud isn't bad, and like I said, at least he's not going to SC. They thought they had a shot at him...

Comment

Kasen Williams' Top Ten:

6/12 Chris Fetters, SuperPrep has Williams comments on each school at the LINK.

Notre Dame: "I like that it's far out, a little bit. I like how they play - there's an opportunity to get a lot of balls at that program."

Comment

Any update here? I like his skills, and would love to see him end up here.

Comment

Originally posted by Praytorian View Post
                                                            Any update here? I like his skills, and would love to see him end up here.
                                                            He will be visiting July 22-23
                                                            “Motivation is simple. You eliminate those who are not motivated.” Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by Tate the Great View Post
                                                              He will be visiting July 22-23
                                                              Thank you very much.

Comment

Great to hear that he's coming, didn't think he'd ever see the campus
                                                                Just believe.

Comment

It's a long trip for an unofficial. Wow him Coach.

Comment

per Irish Illustrated... he said his plan is to take an unofficial visit to ND. Didn't give an exact date, but it looks like it would happen the week of July 26th.
                                                                    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 07-17-2010, 05:35 PM. Reason: paraphrasing an exact quote from article.
                                                                    Coach Kelly will be the one to awaken this sleeping giant that is, NOTRE DAME FOOTBALL.

Comment

Just watched this kid's video again, and I can see how he REALLY helped out Heaps. He has great hands and can get open for a WR without upper echelon speed.
                                                                      I hope Coach Kelly is off of his vacation by the time Kasen comes to visit. It would be a shame to travel out that far on his own dime and not get to meet the coach.

Comment

Arrived on Campus yesterday. He will there all day today.
                                                                        2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                          Arrived on Campus yesterday. He will there all day today.
                                                                          fingers crossed!

Comment

this kid is the #1 WR on scout? oh snap...

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Praytorian View Post
                                                                              Just watched this kid's video again, and I can see how he REALLY helped out Heaps. He has great hands and can get open for a WR without upper echelon speed.
                                                                              I hope Coach Kelly is off of his vacation by the time Kasen comes to visit. It would be a shame to travel out that far on his own dime and not get to meet the coach.
                                                                              please let him fall in love with nd and decides this is where he wants to be.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by nd1 View Post
                                                                                please let him fall in love with nd and decides this is where he wants to be.
                                                                                Amen

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Welcome aboard

too soon? too soon?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                                    Welcome aboard

too soon? too soon?
                                                                                    WAY too soon....

Please don't get my hopes up... lol

But anyway, fingers crossed

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Irish sports daily is reporting the he was impressed with his visit

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Fwiw- per ISD

He felt like he could see himself at ND. He liked the campus, ayers and coaches.
                                                                                        I really hope we get him.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          We are in the hunt here for sure. I still think UW will be tough to beat, but we have a pretty decent shot.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by PaIrish Fan View Post
                                                                                            Irish sports daily is reporting the he was impressed with his visit

Is there ever a report of someone [I]not[I] impressed with their visit to SB?

Serious question.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by JughedJones View Post

Serious question.
                                                                                              The only recent recruit I can think of is James Stone.

Comment

• #48

Serious question.
                                                                                                Yes, it happens more than you would think. Last year, Cody Riggs had the Irish #1, and everyone thought he'd commit at the spring game. Apparently he didn't have a good visit at all and the Irish were effectively out of it for him. Josh Shaw only had an OK trip, as we went from being his dream school growing up to not even being in his top 3. I remember a Penn State LB commit from last year (I suddenly forget his name...I think he was the kid who jumped out of the pool) had ND very high, but had a horrible meeting with Tenuta (the gift that keeps on giving!) and came away crossing ND off his list.

Mike Frank said recently that kids from the south either love the ND visits or they hate them. There is rarely an in-between. He said that the ones that hate it just don't have enough fun (read: strippers and whores).

So, ND isn't for everyone. And that's OK.

Comment

• #49

Serious question.
                                                                                                  Not many in print but I recall reading acutal comments over the past 15 years of internet articles about "it's too cold", "the dorms rooms are small", "the stadium (ND fans) too quiet", "campus too small", "no coeds", not enough diversity "it was like my white high school", "no night life", "too many rules", "I don't want a religious school", "they make you study", and my favorite, " I didn't like the helmets, they're plain".

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                                    Yes, it happens more than you would think. Last year, Cody Riggs had the Irish #1, and everyone thought he'd commit at the spring game. Apparently he didn't have a good visit at all and the Irish were effectively out of it for him. Josh Shaw only had an OK trip, as we went from being his dream school growing up to not even being in his top 3. I remember a Penn State LB commit from last year (I suddenly forget his name...I think he was the kid who jumped out of the pool) had ND very high, but had a horrible meeting with Tenuta (the gift that keeps on giving!) and came away crossing ND off his list.

Mike Frank said recently that kids from the south either love the ND visits or they hate them. There is rarely an in-between. He said that the ones that hate it just don't have enough fun (read: strippers and whores).

So, ND isn't for everyone. And that's OK.
                                                                                                    Khari Fortt

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X