Rivals: ; Safety (26)
    Scout: ; Safety (26)

Statistics
    Sophomore: 51 Tackles, 2 Fumble Recoveries

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Verbal; 6/29; Randy Hart)
    Oregon
    Stanford
    Last edited by The Polish Irishman; 07-27-2009, 10:46 AM.
    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Per Rivals twitter: Changed his Verbal to ND from Stanford.

Hard hitting safety we needed.

Comment

Good pick-up at a position of need. Davon Carrington is he close to pulling the trigger for us as well?

Comment

Thats great! Welcome Chris! Go Irish!
        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Pretty impressive film. Welcome Chris! Go Irish!

YouTube - Chris Badger 2010 Safety Highlights 2008 (Click HD in Bottom Right)
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NDsuperfan09 View Post
            Good pick-up at a position of need. Davon Carrington is he close to pulling the trigger for us as well?
            Carrington verbaled to Stanford.
            This was not a commit i saw coming at all. Welcome to Notre Dame Badger

Comment

Glad to have you on board Chris. WE ARE ND!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                Carrington verbaled to Stanford.
                This was not a commit i saw coming at all. Welcome to Notre Dame Badger
                this is technically true, but that verbal is softer than a pillow. He verballed just in case they didnt have a spot for him. I read he still intends to visit ND

Comment

WTF? Stepped out to get some groceries and I come home to this?!!!

YEAHHHHHHH BOOOYYYYYYYY!

Number 9! Nice because the kid is a hitter, and is already being compared to Zibby (prob b/c they're both of fair skin lol; but let's hope he can cover the deep ball better), AND his pops and brother (I think, gotta check on that) graduated from Stanford.

Another shining example of the power of a ND visit. Get 'em on that beautiful campus, and anything can happen. Welcome aboard Chris!!!!
                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

I love his film. Similarities to Zibby are spot on
                    The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Great news men.

I walked home from work today naked because of this.

Comment

Think Zibby was a bit more athletic. Not an Irish alum, but he reminds me of Eric Weddle. Not the best athlete in the world, but was one of the smartest players on the field, and would never get beat

Comment

Originally posted by Stalking_Eagle View Post
                          Great news men.

I walked home from work today naked because of this.
                          Does ResLife know about this???

Comment

Zibby was more athletic than that in 2004 when he was still in high school?

Comment

OUCH!!

YouTube - Chris Badger 2010 Safety Highlights 2008 (Click HD in Bottom Right)

Comment

Wow, kid can hit. No wonder Tenuta loves this guy. Looks like a good fit for the Nickelback. I love how our defense is recruiting players that are perfect against the spread

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                  LOL - I thought about that after I wrote the post. I hope they aren't checking IE. :)

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                    . Looks like a good fit for the Nickelback.
                                    Leave sucky music out of this! Seriously, his measureables don't jump off the paper, but I like the hitting in his video. Welcome Chris!
                                    2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                      Leave sucky music out of this! Seriously, his measureables don't jump off the paper, but I like the hitting in his video. Welcome Chris!
                                      LOL

Comment

Lol u know wat i meant

Comment

wrong thread

Comment

I am predicting him as another kyle McCarthey.
                                            Just super solid. I think they have pretty close to
                                            the same numbers coming out of high school. I
                                            think this is a great pickup.

Go Irish

Comment

Originally posted by hamiljar View Post
                                              I am predicting him as another kyle McCarthey.
                                              Just super solid. I think they have pretty close to
                                              the same numbers coming out of high school. I
                                              think this is a great pickup.

Go Irish
                                              That's kinda what I thought too. McCarthy > Zibby, punt returns aside.

Comment

Easy, I love McCarthy but Zibby was a playmaking badass....I know he got beat deep some, but a lot of times it was when our whole defense had their heads up their ass....If he is anything like McCarthy or Zibby I will be very happy.
                                                Welcome aboard!! Lets keep this going, i love getting emails from Scout saying we got another one.
                                                My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

wow, i fkn loves this kid already and how about a recruit from Utah, wtf! go get em all boys!

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                    Easy, I love McCarthy but Zibby was a playmaking badass....I know he got beat deep some, but a lot of times it was when our whole defense had their heads up their ass....If he is anything like McCarthy or Zibby I will be very happy.
                                                    Welcome aboard!! Lets keep this going, i love getting emails from Scout saying we got another one.
                                                    Wait, he got beat SOME??? LOL. C'mon brother, I respect the hell out of Zibby and I have no qualms whatsoever with you loving big Z, but the dude got beat deep A TON. ha ha, it's all good dude.

As for Badger, my favorite quote was about him "just wanting to come in and compete for playing time and just play violent". Love it! When have you ever heard a recruit say that???

One more thing: Mike Wiltfong of ISD got a text from Chris Martin, who said something to the effect of being very excited that we "brought another hard-hitter to my defense!" That's right, he said MY defense. Apparently they camped together and know each other. My bromance grows and grows with Mr. Martin and I'm not ashamed to admit it (yeah, we went through a rough patch last week, but we worked it out and are on good terms again...no Jon and Kate thing here)...
                                                    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-29-2009, 09:40 PM.

Comment

HA...great comparison with jon and kate

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                        Zibby was a boxing badass, a good punt returner, and a model player and student by most accounts. He is also an excellent athlete, and an NFL player. I even bought a #9 Jersey a few years back. That said, there was no drop off from him to McCarthy. Kyle is one of the best tacklers on the team. Zibby would too often go for the huge hit, only to have the other player spin off and keep going while he ate dirt. I attribute much of his weakness to the scheme. Minters pass defense was pathetic, and later on Zibby felt he had to cheat up to shore up the run defense.

Comment

Don't get me wrong I like the pick up as I think he's a good fit for the program but he's nowhere near as athletic or as fast as Zibby. Btw, he's Mormon and there is more than a decent chance he goes on mission for a couple years. He's not an impact player that going to see PT as a freshman so he will more or less be RS and then go on mission with him returning for 2013 season.

Comment

Wait, he got beat SOME??? LOL. C'mon brother, I respect the hell out of Zibby and I have no qualms whatsoever with you loving big Z, but the dude got beat deep A TON. ha ha, it's all good dude...
                                                            Yeah he did, but that has more to do with his playing style. He liked to take risks and go for the big play. I love Zibby and his style, guy was a playmaker, but he was not on a team who could cover his mistakes. Zibby would be better suited on todays Irish team than the 05-06 teams. There's a reason Baltimore wanted Zibby so bad, guy was a football player. So is Chris Badgger. This kid may not have the measurables, but guy is someone who will contribute. Could be the sleeper of the class

Comment

Zibby was a boxing badass, a good punt returner, and a model player and student by most accounts. He is also an excellent athlete, and an NFL player. I even bought a #9 Jersey a few years back. That said, there was no drop off from him to McCarthy. Kyle is one of the best tacklers on the team. Zibby would too often go for the huge hit, only to have the other player spin off and keep going while he ate dirt. I attribute much of his weakness to the scheme. Minters pass defense was pathetic, and later on Zibby felt he had to cheat up to shore up the run defense.
                                                              Exactly. McCarthy is a safe player. Which i don't mind especially playing next to Hayseed, who is more like Zibby in my opinion in his style of play.

Comment

Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom... Badger Badger Badger Badger SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE SNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

Comment

Much of Zibby's problem can be attributed to the defese called by Minter. There were times, especially the NC game where he got "burnt", but the player that beat him for a long TD, wasn't his guy in coverage. Ndukwe was out of position as he was often in their zone coverages.

Comment

This kid can lay the wood... but if you look at him... man can he jump routes.

Comment

I turned on the 11 o'clock news this evening and found out the great news. They showed his film and he quick and hard hitting. Glad to have him on board. Go Irish!!

Comment

It's always nice to see a player from BYU country go to another school.

Comment

Apparently Te'o helped seal the deal. They went to check out the Mormon Church together

Comment

Why he didn't walk home naked with a female faculty member.
                                                                            Last edited by BGIF; 06-30-2009, 03:48 AM.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                                              Don't get me wrong I like the pick up as I think he's a good fit for the program but he's nowhere near as athletic or as fast as Zibby. Btw, he's Mormon and there is more than a decent chance he goes on mission for a couple years. He's not an impact player that going to see PT as a freshman so he will more or less be RS and then go on mission with him returning for 2013 season.
                                                                              Good assessment without the Kool-Aid.

Aside from the fondness for hitting I don't understand the comparison to Zibby. Zibby was a HS option QB who ran a 4.4. Badger is slow for a LB.

I don't see the nickel back projection either. He's no Sergio. He might play ST as freshman.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                                                Badger Badger Badger Badger Mushroom Mushroom... Badger Badger Badger Badger SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE SNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKKKEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!
                                                                                Nice.

Also, I can see the headlines now... "Chris Badgers the Wolverines for 11 Tackles, Forced Fumble"

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                                                  Wouldnt it be the 2012 season?

2009 - Senior year HS
                                                                                  2010 - Freshman Year ND
                                                                                  2011 - Mission
                                                                                  2012 - Back at ND

Unless I am missing something, please correct me if I am wrong.
                                                                                  "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Or is the mission 2 years?
                                                                                    "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by PADOMERNUT View Post
                                                                                      Or is the mission 2 years?
                                                                                      4 years all at 46556.

They've heard of ResLife and have come to lead them to the path of righteousness.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                        Good assessment without the Kool-Aid.

Aside from the fondness for hitting I don't understand the comparison to Zibby. Zibby was a HS option QB who ran a 4.4. Badger is slow for a LB.

I don't see the nickel back projection either. He's no Sergio. He might play ST as freshman.
                                                                                        I do not agree that he is slow for a LB. He ran a 4.65...average linebacker speed. He can easily get faster, and with his hitting ability I want him on the field

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                          I do not agree that he is slow for a LB. He ran a 4.65...average linebacker speed. He can easily get faster, and with his hitting ability I want him on the field
                                                                                          Ran a 4.65 or is listed at 4.65?

Where did he run it? For his coach?

How many Div 1 LB play at 178? He'd have to pack at least 50 pounds on the body, that did test, to be a Div 1 LB.

"He can easily get faster ..." Some kids do but not easily. They go to speed school and work and puke their butts off. I know several that have done so successfully BUT most kids add to their time when their coach doesn't have his thumb on the clock. It's amazing how HS times get slower when athletes hit campus. Just as most college (team) times get slower when NFL prospects get clocked for the money.

Here's his Combine Data from his rivals profile

Chris Badger - 2009 U.S. Army National Combine

San Antonio, TX
                                                                                          January 5, 2009

Event DataHeight: 5-foot-11.5
                                                                                          Weight: 178 pounds
                                                                                          40-yard dash: 4.84 seconds
                                                                                          Shuttle speed: 4.78
                                                                                          Vertical leap: 26"

Tell me how impressive the 26 inch leap is.

That's an lineman's number, not LBs, much less an DBs.

Scout lists an '08 Combine leap of 29 inches for him. Equally underwhelming for a DB.

Scout.com: Chris Badger Profile

Here's his ESPN Data. It doesn't say where or when the data was tested.

Chris Badger - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Hometown Provo, UT High SchoolTimpview High School Height6'0"Weight184 lbs.Three Cone Drill7.08Vertical Jump30.5"Broad Jump9'8''40-yd dash4.7520-yd shuttle4.35
                                                                                          3 sets of data that don't indicate impact player.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I would not suck his measurables. Remember Lambert ran a 4.34 a Pro Day at ND. You can't measure heart.

Even his Dad, a Stanford Alum, put on a ND shirt and was blown away by the campus.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                              I agree notredomer23, I totally agree with you EXCEPT.....You CAN NOT teach speed, plain and simple. You are either fast or slow. You may be able to get a smidge faster but other than that there is just no getting faster.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                For all the people that love 40 times, which
                                                                                                I am one sometimes. You need to watch his
                                                                                                film this kids looks like a stud football player.
                                                                                                I know a lot of guys that have worked with a
                                                                                                speed coach and knocked there time down from
                                                                                                4.75 to 4.58. If Badger does that would that make
                                                                                                everyone feel like he is a better football player?
                                                                                                I think only our perception of him would go up. I
                                                                                                don't really care because he look like stud to me.

Go IrishBadger!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  40 yard dash times doesnt always equal out to be good football speed. not saying i dont like the kids with the 4.3 fortys, but putting on the PADS and running fast is different than running without them. Lets just hope this kid gets faster and starts knocking the hell out of people when he gets on the field here.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Badger ran a 4.84 at a nike camp, Amerson ran a 4.82 that same camp. Kid can hit, has a football players mentallity. Not saying he will be a superstar but he seems like someone who will contribute. He is a safety with a linebackers menatlity

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X