This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AgentJ View Post
    Sorry to derail this... but why isn't this a thread in the main ND Football forum? Like... its pretty important news but it's buried in here. Took me awhile to find.
    Did you think he was coming back?

I see nothing wrong with the conversation about him going pro (as assumed all year) happening in the thread specifically about him. Seems pretty logical to me.
    Originally posted by koonja
    I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

Sorry to derail this... but why isn't this a thread in the main ND Football forum? Like... its pretty important news but it's buried in here. Took me awhile to find.
      Wasn't buried anywhere. His page has been on the front page for a couple days. It doesn't need a new thread.

Comment

• Not liking the decision to sign before the bowl game. In terms of the agent, just don't thing it is good promotion, in terms of Lou, it isn't the way I like to think of him.

Comment

• any thoughts on how Nix might fare in the Pro's?
          What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
            Not liking the decision to sign before the bowl game. In terms of the agent, just don't thing it is good promotion, in terms of Lou, it isn't the way I like to think of him.
            I see what you mean... however.... Even though I'm not sure if it's true, the signing bonus comment made me look at it differently. It's Christmas time and Nix has a big family.

I think Lou represented himself well throughout his time at ND. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and not perceive it as malicious, cutthroat, etc....

Comment

• Originally posted by Pachuco View Post
              I see what you mean... however.... Even though I'm not sure if it's true, the signing bonus comment made me look at it differently. It's Christmas time and Nix has a big family.

I think Lou represented himself well throughout his time at ND. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt and not perceive it as malicious, cutthroat, etc....
              My only negative was toward the agent. Since I have heard that mom needs a knee replacement, so I wonder about her ability to work . . .

Comment

• Originally posted by Bogtrotter07 View Post
                Not liking the decision to sign before the bowl game. In terms of the agent, just don't thing it is good promotion, in terms of Lou, it isn't the way I like to think of him.
                I don't follow.

Comment

Damnit, he found us! We're going to have to move this thread again, fellas.

Comment

• Originally posted by AvesEvo View Post
                    I don't follow.
                    Agents usually want to appear to be above board. Coaches may not like that kind of signing without involvement. So if Kelly didn't, as ND may have some draftworthy players coming up, what do you think Kelly will have to say about that agent company?

Comment

• who did Louis sign with btw? Drew Rosenhaus? :D
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I can't help but feel a little disappointed with the decision to sign with an agent before the bowl game...I understand how great of an ambassador big Lou has been for the ND program, but even if the decision to go pro had been made (which I agree with wholeheartedly), he should have waited to sign with an agent so that he could partake in the bowl activities with his brothers, those same brothers who were probably there for him when he was homesick and thinking of leaving...The decision to go pro isn't selfish of him, but to sign with an agent, injured or not, prior to the completion of the season is one imo...Best of luck to big Lou in the NFL, he's going to be a great locker room guy for sure wherever he lands

Comment

• Based on Kelly's comments yesterday, it sounds like Lou didn't know that he wouldn't be able to participate in bowl game festivities if he signed with an agent prior to the game. I think he thought that if he wasn't playing it wouldn't matter if he signed with an agent or not. In fact, Kelly was the one who had to tell him all that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Emcee77 View Post
                            Based on Kelly's comments yesterday, it sounds like Lou didn't know that he wouldn't be able to participate in bowl game festivities if he signed with an agent prior to the game. I think he thought that if he wasn't playing it wouldn't matter if he signed with an agent or not. In fact, Kelly was the one who had to tell him all that.
                            then there was an epic failure in communications between the two parties because that just isn't a smart assumption to make...The moment you declare and sign with an agent, you're done with all NCAA sports related activities...

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmymac View Post
                              Big Lou posted on facebook that he dropped a bag of issue gear (football clothes) in the middle of south quad for people to grab, first come first serve, one per person. I happened to be on facebook at the exact time he posted it, so I along with a friend ran over to the bag... We were the first ones there, and I grabbed some sweet receiver gloves, from the shamrock series game against Miami last year, while my friend grabbed his practice jersey. Thanks Big Lou!!
                              I just saw that too! He had it on twitter too, this is pretty cool:
                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Just dropped off a duffle bag of my old issued gear to South quad. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Enjoy&amp;src=hash">#Enjoy</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23OneThingPerPerson&amp;src=hash">#OneTh ingPerPerson</a> <a href="http://t.co/CWurU6W5hj">pic.twitter.com/CWurU6W5hj</a></p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/409781769693442049">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
                              <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate">@1IrishChocolate</a> thanks for the shorts big Lou they fit great! <a href="http://t.co/VDHp8rdlKA">pic.twitter.com/VDHp8rdlKA</a></p>&mdash; Spencer Scannell (@spence_fence) <a href="https://twitter.com/spence_fence/statuses/409785198763446273">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>
                              <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>A local fan didn&#39;t get to the bag in time but she gets a hug and a pic 😊 <a href="http://t.co/k9xECqch5Z">pic.twitter.com/k9xECqch5Z</a></p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/409788614839517184">December 8, 2013</a></blockquote>

Irish Chocolate is in a giving mood!

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I am giving away an autographed signed jersey from clues on page 6 of the <a href="https://twitter.com/ObserverNDSMC">@ObserverNDSMC</a>. Let the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23ChocolateGames&amp;src=hash">#Chocolat eGames</a> begin!!! ;)</p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/410078083085905920">December 9, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• Need help with a clue Lou posted in the Observer:

Clue one is easy- its from my favoirte show. You need to know where this man had to go: Giddy up, Domers, and solve this capital clue. Solve it before- oh before- the others do.

Comment

• Big Lou is money, nuff said.

Comment

Need help with a clue Lou posted in the Observer:

Clue one is easy- its from my favoirte show. You need to know where this man had to go: Giddy up, Domers, and solve this capital clue. Solve it before- oh before- the others do.
                                    Star Trek? to boldly go where no man has gone before...

Seinfeld? Kramer uses the phrase "Giddy up" often.

S

South Dining Hall.

Run!

haha

*Edit* I have no idea.
                                    Last edited by Pachuco; 12-09-2013, 03:51 PM.

Comment

He posts comments regarding "The Walking Dead" a lot. I don't know how the rest could correlate though. Rick did ride a horse in season 1. Also, Rick was going to Atlanta on the horse which is the "capital" of Georgia.
                                      Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

• Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                                        He posts comments regarding "The Walking Dead" a lot. I don't know how the rest could correlate though. Rick did ride a horse in season 1. Also, Rick was going to Atlanta on the horse which is the "capital" of Georgia.
                                        I think this man has it!

Comment

• Thanks everyone. Will keep you posted.

Comment

It might be Game of Thrones. He tweets about that show a lot and "the others" are a big part of that show

The capital in that show is King's Landing...idk if that's what he is looking for

Although the Walking Dead stuff makes more sense and Lou likes that show too. So I would go with Atlanta I guess...

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                              It might be Game of Thrones. He tweets about that show a lot and "the others" are a big part of that show

The capital in that show is King's Landing...idk if that's what he is looking for

Although the Walking Dead stuff makes more sense and Lou likes that show too. So I would go with Atlanta I guess...
                                              Ooo, maybe it is Game of Thrones? I honestly have only seen a little bit of that, didn't know about this "others" connection. He does post about Game of Thrones too.

Comment

• Louis Nix is absolute class. He is the clown prince of Notre Dame. Every damn thing he does impresses me.

Comment

• I'd be down

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I was gonna wait till tomorrow but....I'm the new DC. <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=&#37;23YouAreWelcome&amp;src=hash">#YouAr eWelcome</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Goirish&amp;src=hash">#Goirish</a> ✊����</p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/410979631303380993">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

Also Tweeted this, well said:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Are We Not ND!? <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Chill&amp;src=hash">#Chill</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23BKGotThis&amp;src=hash">#BKGotThis</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23CongratsBob&amp;src=hash">#CongratsBob </a></p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/410977859717439488">December 12, 2013</a></blockquote>

Comment

• How High Could Notre Dame NT Louis Nix Go in 2014 NFL Draft?

Comment

• Grantland's Athletes of the Year - The Triangle Blog - Grantland

Holly Anderson: College football's seasons are short, its good-byes frequent. Players violently shoulder their way into our hearts, stay a little while, and move on, and our window of time in which to enjoy them can be narrowed significantly by any number of factors: grades, injuries, the Ever-Popular-And-Mysterious Violation Of Team Rules, or NFL-ready skill sets that peak early. All of this makes it maybe ill-advised to get too attached, but every year new personalities determined to make us love them anyway permeate our cynicism. And when it came time to decide which of this year's crop of departing players we'd miss the most, we came up with a little list topped by one very large gentleman.

We thought we might have seen the last of ebullient Notre Dame nose tackle Louis Nix III right around this time last year, and he wouldn't have been wrong to go. He was a high-profile player on a team headed to the title game, and harbored aspirations of using an NFL paycheck to give his mother a comfortable life. That same mother sent Nix right back to school, where his 2013 season was truncated by a torn meniscus, and if we wouldn't have begrudged him an early entry to the pros last year, we're openly cheering him forgoing his final season of eligibility now. Life goes quick (unlike a box of Irish chocolate); careers go quicker, and Nix is projected to go in the first round. Get paid, kiddo, and commence pampering your mom. We'll watch vigilantly for the return of Chocolate News, and will never, ever forget the time you sang a country love anthem to Kashi cereal.

Comment

• and will never, ever forget the time you sang a country love anthem to Kashi cereal.
                                                        haha… or his Bruno Mars rendition while eating a banana? lol

<object width="420" height="315"><param name="movie" value="//www.youtube.com/v/gvf7r9vG1fQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="//www.youtube.com/v/gvf7r9vG1fQ?hl=en_US&amp;version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="420" height="315" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>
                                                        Originally posted by koonja
                                                        I'm making peace with Woolly in 2017.

Comment

• A compilation of the wonderful performance Nix put on today How to survive the Pinstripe Bowl: Follow Louis Nix III on Twitter - SBNation.com
                                                          If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I want to exercise my 2nd amendment. Who wants to go buy bear arms with me!? ����&#39;s</p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/424262911221964800">January 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

• On my phone so I can't embed tweets but it appears he's exploring the ASU campus with just some dude from his twitter that's a student. Someone he's never met prior to this dude responding to a tweet earlier.
                                                              #TeamKizer

Comment

• Good for Big Lou. I hope he finds a slam piece.

Comment

• Hope he is a Colt or a Dolphin. Say that about all my favorite ND player...ha.

Comment

• Tweeted #TD4W like 20 min ago so it's safe to say he's enjoying himself.

(TD4W = Turn Down for What)

Comment

• Anybody else a little bitter with how he ended his career at ND? I think he should've waited to sign agent so he could've been part of the team and went to the bowl game with the team.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by scUM Hater View Post
                                                                        Anybody else a little bitter with how he ended his career at ND? I think he should've waited to sign agent so he could've been part of the team and went to the bowl game with the team.

He told Eric Hansen in a recent interview that he did that on purpose - he signed with an agent early so they would be able to help pay for his rehab and training.
                                                                        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Anybody else a little bitter with how he ended his career at ND? I think he should've waited to sign agent so he could've been part of the team and went to the bowl game with the team.

He was injured (wouldn't have been available) and his family has needed money. He did what was best for his family IMO

Comment

No, not bitter. Was his loss that he couldn't attend the bowl game, not ours.

Comment

• Ironman8 is correct. He needed to get healthy, as he had been struggling with his knee since the Alabama game. Signing with the agent gave him the best chance to get himself ready for the combine. I'm sure he would have loved to have been with the team. Not sure how anyone can be bitter with a guy like Lou.

Comment

• Totally understandable with these explanations. I wasn't aware.

Comment

• Lou will be repping ND the rest of his days with Mike Golic on the radio fervor. I wouldn't feel bitter at all, he's gonna be a great ambassador for the University.

Comment

• Does seem like knee rehab would be on ND's dime though. With the way insurances work.

Comment

Does seem like knee rehab would be on ND's dime though. With the way insurances work.

You would think.

My future bro-in-law was a cheerleader at Kansas and tore his ACL drunkenly stunting at a party. KU picked up the surgery and rehab bill entirely.

Comment

• He did it so he could get surgery from the best sports med people there are and not the ones ND employs (who are good, but not the best).

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Set your DVR for 9 pm ET tonight on ESPN2 as <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate">@1IrishChocolate</a> will participate in the 2014 Quicken Loans All-Star Football Challenge.</p>&mdash; Notre Dame Football (@NDFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statuses/428229382717464576">January 28, 2014</a></blockquote>
                                                                                          EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

Does seem like knee rehab would be on ND's dime though. With the way insurances work.

They typically pick up the tab.

Comment

• Big Lou about to take part in the lineman strength challenge in the college football skills challenge on ESPN 2 for anyone interested..
                                                                                              MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRealLynch51 View Post
                                                                                                Big Lou about to take part in the lineman strength challenge in the college football skills challenge on ESPN 2 for anyone interested..
                                                                                                Can't wait to see him sprint at the end.

Comment

• Beat Jake Matthews time by a couple secs. Behind Rashede Hageman by a second

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                                                                                    Can't wait to see him sprint at the end.
                                                                                                    Looked very quick for a 342 lb man!
                                                                                                    MZ is the QB for me!!!!

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I gave him the win. Lol I just wanted to have fun.</p>&mdash; lOUIS NIX III (@1IrishChocolate) <a href="https://twitter.com/1IrishChocolate/statuses/428356874581180416">January 29, 2014</a></blockquote>

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X