Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 OH QB Andrew Hendrix (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '10 OH QB Andrew Hendrix (Notre Dame Signee)

    Quarterback
    Cincinnati, OH; Moeller HS

    Height: 6-3
    Weight: 220
    Forty: 4.7
    Bench Max: 225
    Squat Max: 385
    GPA: 3.5

    Ratings and Rankings
    Rivals: ; Quarterback (13), Rating 5.8
    Scout: ; Quarterback (29)
    ESPN: , #11 QB, Grade 80

    Honors
    Offense-Defense All-American Bowl

    Statistics:
    Junior: 61%; 1,700 Yards; 11 Touchdowns; 7 Interceptions

    Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Florida (OV 1/8/10)
    Ohio State
    Tennessee
    Miami
    Wisconsin
    Purdue
    Stanford
    Boston College
    Cincinnati
    Kansas
    Illinois
    Indiana
    Louisville
    Miami OH
    Nebraska
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

    ND Recruiter: Tenuta, Powlus

    Decision: 6/25 Notre Dame
    Last edited by BGIF; 02-03-2010, 02:13 AM. Reason: Ratings

  • #2
    Jeff Baumhower, IrishEyes, reports the ND offer.

    Comment


    • #3
      Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class ...

      Hendrix could be the biggest sleeper in this class not only as a powerful pocket passer, but also as a deceptively good athlete. He possesses adequate-to-good height and a solid build. Arm strength is outstanding and he is one of the few players in this class with natural downfield power and terrific wrist snap and velocity on all throws. Plays in a multiple set scheme out of the shotgun and from under center. Foot speed is good for the position and overall athleticism is very good. Gets back and set quickly in the pocket, feet are balanced and he shows poise and confidence surveying the field. ...
      Much more at the LINK

      Andrew Hendrix - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

      Comment


      • #4
        Freebie 4/21 Article

        He's visited UTN and received an offer.

        Scout.com: Hendrix loves visit to Knoxville-FREE READ

        Comment


        • #5
          I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by nlroma1o View Post
            I watched this kid play Elder last fall. He def. has the potential to do some major damage with his arm. Mobility wise in the pocket... lets just say there is always room for improvement.
            The ESPN evaluation seemed to like his running ability. I got the impression he would add a dimension that Jimmy Clausen doesn't have or at least hasn't shown. I assumed Hendrix was more a runner than say Brady Quinn (QB draws) who was more a runner than Clausen. How would you equate Hendrix versus Quinn and Clausen as a dual QB, soley the mobility/rushing side?

            Comment


            • #7
              When i watched him play Elder last fall (I forget if it was a playoff game of regualr season match up) Elders defense had him hurting. From what i remember he had a couple nice runs which were impressive bc they were plays were you make something out of nothing. But when he looked to pass he had no time and he just looked lost back in the pocket. IMO he appeared to be quicker than brady and clausen.

              Comment


              • #8
                It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

                This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by GOLDENISTHYTATE View Post
                  It looks as though the staff is concerned over who genuinely is leaning towards committing to the Irish, and they are moving on from some qbs they have offered.

                  This qb recruitment cycle is going to be incredibly interesting to observe.
                  ND and OSU both have Hendrix and Montana as their highest offers.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Did OSU get a QB last recruiting class?
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                      Did OSU get a QB last recruiting class?

                      A 3 Star QB ranked somewhere in the 30's. Accident insurance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        QB and WR seem interesting to me because it appears as if the staff might be worried about losing out on their top targets. The rest ofthe class should be fine with some wins but the staff wants and needs quarterbacks

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                          QB and WR seem interesting to me because it appears as if the staff might be worried about losing out on their top targets. The rest ofthe class should be fine with some wins but the staff wants and needs quarterbacks

                          I have a response but put it in the thread "Sorting Out The QBs" instead of posting in this kid's thread.

                          http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/figh...tml#post289659

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Freebie Hendrix Article by Mike Frank ISD

                            http://www.irishsportsdaily.com/index.php?option=com_resource&controller=article&a rticle=471&category_id=7&Itemid=83

                            Raves about ND particularly about the academics. Wants to study pre-medicine. (ND has an excellent record in preparing for med school.)

                            Appears he's a lifelong OSU fan.

                            ND and OSU will both be on his shortlist.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Nice article BGIF. Thank you.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Hendrix plans on visiting NotreDame on monday per Rivals Message board. Said he got his official offer in the mail today.

                                "I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen."

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  I got that golden offer letter today," he said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen.
                                  Talk about a pregnant sentence. Where's the "but ..."

                                  Let me paraphrase, "I got your marriage proposal in the mail today," she said. "It could have been the sweetest thing I have ever seen ... BUT when I didn't hear from you sooner, I crawled in bed with Tressel."

                                  I wouldn't be booking a church and honeymoon off that quote above.

                                  Tell me there was more explaining the "could have been" part.

                                  Like, "It could have been the sweetest thing if it arrived before Tressel slipped me his ...

                                  Had the sentence read, "It was the sweetest thing I've ever seen in my life to date." It would be a hell of a lot more positive.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    He is on campus today. Unofficial visit.
                                    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                      He is on campus today. Unofficial visit.

                                      And I trust it's the sweetest thing he's ever seen!

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                                          ND needs to push harder to get Hendrix. I think he is the sleeper of the "10 class..along with Thomas. Playing the waiting game for Montana is foolish.
                                          Not if the staff believes they can get Montana. They may not be interested in Thomas. Hendrix should be on campus right now.

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

                                            ***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly Montana's just a month ago. Unreal.
                                            Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-09-2009, 06:25 AM.
                                            sigpic Silence implies consent.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              Recruiting has really started to pick up. Ina dream sceneario we could get Amerson, Bailey, Boyd, Wood, James, and Hendrix this month. One or two would still be pretty awesome though.

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                According to 2 different sites, Hendrix had an outstanding visit. He is very impressed w/ ND, as were his parents. Academics impressed them the most. Committing even crossed his mind, but he knew that he would never do something like that. He will commit at the earliest next week, at the latest 3-4 weeks. Ohio St, it sounds like, is the other one that will be tough to beat, with him being from Ohio and being a fan of theirs. But from the looks of it ND is in a great spot. And with schools like OSU, Miami, Tenn, etc offering, it seems like the kid is a stud, in spite of the not-so-gaudy stats.

                                                ***Imagine if he commits? That pretty much, IMO, takes Montana out of the mix. Friggin' MONTANA! Who knows if even wants to come here (he's definitely not convinced, that's for sure), but it would be nuts that a QB comes out of nowhere to take a spot that was seemingly his just a month ago. Unreal.
                                                yeah from what i read...he almost committed on the spot.

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  There's an insider article on Rivals that confirms he almost committed to ND right then and there. I can't read it, but I'm assuming that it says he really enjoyed his visit to South Bend.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    I think this years QB recruit is just a career back-up to the top QB recruit in next years class! That being said I like Hendrix as the possible sleeper of this class too!
                                                    https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D1C6B...y7Fmd4l5Hk9eP4

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      Hendrix nearly commits to Irish
                                                      Steve Hare
                                                      IrishIllustrated.com

                                                      Andrew Hendrix needed just one word to sum up his visit to Notre Dame on Monday. Fantastic. The 6-foot-3, 220-pound prospect from Cincinnati, Ohio spent the afternoon in South Bend getting a personal tour of Notre Dame.
                                                      This is the info from Rivals, the rest of course is premium info.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                        ... They may not be interested in Thomas. ...
                                                        From his offer sheet or perhaps more appropriately his "lack of offers" sheet, for what ever reasons their lack of interest seems to be commonplace.

                                                        6'5", 220 completes almost 70% of his passes for over 3000 yds, almost 6:1 TD:INT ratio.

                                                        3.9 GPA/1590 SAT Harvard offered; Stanford with over 200 offers made ... didn't.

                                                        BC offers; BC selects someone else.

                                                        Thomas treks to UMD; Terps select someone else

                                                        Thomas treks to NCS; no offer.

                                                        He's a Top 25 (Pro & Dual) QB pulling down "best" offers from ASU and NW.

                                                        Thomas is out knocking on doors but few are opening.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          #1 Priority

                                                          Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                            Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.
                                                            With Montana gone to UW, it is imperative that we land Hendrix. Montana to UW combined w/ Hendrix to OSU would be disastrous. Hendrix and Massa would be great IMO...
                                                            sigpic Silence implies consent.

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                              Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.
                                                              Though the Irish are competing against OSU for his services, I like ND's chances on landing him. Surely, with his comments about how he enjoyed his visit and the fact that no big name QB recruited last year nor yet this year by ND, he will look at this as being a golden opportunity and join the Irish ranks!

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                He did a chat yesterday for 40 minutes on Bucknuts.com for the OSU fans. I'll say this: He's a great kid, very well spoken and down to earth. ND would be lucky to have him. The OSU fans were trying to bait him into saying something negative about ND, but he wouldn't bite. The common refrain was that with CW's job in jeopardy how would that affect his decision to attend ND, and Hendrix repeated a few times that he thought that ND was on the rise and that CW was going to be there for years. He said he loved his trip to ND, and that CW never badmouthed another program and that CW never would do that, but he just gave Hendrix the facts.

                                                                Hendrix will be visiting OSU today, and he said that he was really looking forward to it. He wants to be a surgeon, so he'll check out OSU's pre-med program. Even though there are 4 teams in his top list, this is a two horse race. The mod at bucknuts puts OSu's chances at 45%, but that is before the visit. This is a HUGE get IMO for this class, just in the sense that we need to get a QB in this class, and a quality one at that. We have no other QB's on the board at this time...
                                                                sigpic Silence implies consent.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                  Brian Smith at ISD makes Hendrix ND's #1 Priority Prospect. In his opinion, Hendrix is the better QB but Montana would be fine. IHO, one of these two is necessary to this class.
                                                                  I do not see it! #1 priority to me would be DL/OL. JC is only a Junior and Crist has at least 3 years left...Nate is fine at 3rd string until we bring in a stud next year! QB is low priority in my mind. Am I missing something?
                                                                  https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D1C6B...y7Fmd4l5Hk9eP4

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    yeah your missing something. Jimmy has a great year this year decides to go pro. 1st game of the season next year Crist goes down MCL out for season. Do you want Nate to be the only qb on the roster?


                                                                    I do not see any of this happening especially the part about Jimmy going pro but in college football as well as any business there has to be a continuity plan in case of disaster. We need another QB on the roster.
                                                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                                                                      yeah your missing something. Jimmy has a great year this year decides to go pro. 1st game of the season next year Crist goes down MCL out for season. Do you want Nate to be the only qb on the roster?


                                                                      I do not see any of this happening especially the part about Jimmy going pro but in college football as well as any business there has to be a continuity plan in case of disaster. We need another QB on the roster.
                                                                      Exactly why I asked if I was missing somethng. I am just use to ND players staying for all 4 years but I guess it could happen. Just hard to get a top flight recruit when they know they will be riding the pine for 3 years more then likely! I do not think Hendrix would scare away any top tier QB recruits next year so either way is fine with me.
                                                                      https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/D1C6B...y7Fmd4l5Hk9eP4

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        Plus most teams have at least three quarterbacks on scholarship. Shoot, I think Oregon and UCLA have six.

                                                                        Also, keep in mind, the last time ND started a QB from Ohio, things turned out pretty well.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                          With Montana gone to UW, it is imperative that we land Hendrix. Montana to UW combined w/ Hendrix to OSU would be disastrous. Hendrix and Massa would be great IMO...
                                                                          Hendrix and Massa could restore the balance at QB.

                                                                          Massa alone on a questionable knee ...

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                                            Though the Irish are competing against OSU for his services, I like ND's chances on landing him. Surely, with his comments about how he enjoyed his visit and the fact that no big name QB recruited last year nor yet this year by ND, he will look at this as being a golden opportunity and join the Irish ranks!
                                                                            Pryor would really be the only one ahead of him and he could opt for the draft early. The wait could be shorter at OSU.

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Originally posted by JeremyND07 View Post
                                                                              I do not see it!
                                                                              And I can't find the article on any site now. I thought it was on ISD but can't find it there or anywhere. I have a link but it doesn't work and doesn't give me any indication what site it came from. I've googled the title, author and such and don't find it either. I found the article in the wee hours of the morning so it may have been become a premium article. I don't know. But I do have the article and will post the list in a thread of it's own.


                                                                              Originally posted by JeremyND07 View Post
                                                                              #1 priority to me would be DL/OL.
                                                                              #1 Priority to me is a PAIR of stud OTs, Henderson and Hurst.

                                                                              Smitty prefaced his list that he was only including recruits with a reasonable chance of coming to ND. He noted you will not see several prominent names that have ND offers because he did not feel ND was a viable candidate - at that time. He did name a couple of Ols in the middle of his list - no "H"s.


                                                                              Originally posted by JeremyND07 View Post
                                                                              JC is only a Junior and Crist has at least 3 years left...Nate is fine at 3rd string until we bring in a stud next year! QB is low priority in my mind. Am I missing something?
                                                                              Most definitely missing something. Put aside Clausen leaving early for the Draft.

                                                                              Do you remember how Pat Dillingham got to be the starting QB for ND in '02?

                                                                              How the 9th ranked Irish lost to unranked USC 10-0 in '98?

                                                                              Deju vu on New Year's Day in Gator Bowl against GT?

                                                                              Recall Tom Krug filling in for an injured Ron Powlus late in '95 then learning before the bowl he had a congenital neck problem and his sports career was over? Powlus played without a backup in the Orange Bowl.

                                                                              How 'bout The Game of the Century in '66? Bubba Smith knocked out Hanratty in the 1st Q. Backup Coley O'Brien had just been diagnosed with unregulated diabetes. Medical staff fed him candy bars trying to adjust his sugar throughout the game.

                                                                              ND has had years where they're flush at QB and a kid named Montana was 7th string. They've also had years where they were thin and one OR two injuries wiped out the scholarship players.

                                                                              I liked Nate in the Spring game but he was throwing to Ragone in garbage time against walkons and 4th stringers.

                                                                              ND is two snaps or two xrays from starting a walkon football player at QB.

                                                                              Wasn't UCLA a year or two ago using a 5th string QB because of a calamity of injuries?

                                                                              Look at Boston College right now.

                                                                              Baltimore RB Tom Matte was the FIRST QB to wear an armband of plays. ALL the Colt QBs had gone down with injuries so they pressed him into service. He didn't know the plays so they taped his forearm and wrote the plays on it for him to call.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                Originally posted by JeremyND07 View Post
                                                                                ... I am just use to ND players staying for all 4 years but I guess it could happen. ...
                                                                                Most do, but Zorich, Rocket, Taylor, and Walker come readily to mind. Clausen's got the potential to make more money in the NFL than all of them combined.

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  UPDATE!!!

                                                                                  On Bucknuts.com, Hendrix talked about his Ohio St. visit. He said it went very well, and they really showed him the red carpet treatment, the same way ND treated him. He basically said the same things he said about the ND trip, but he definitely, IMO, sounded a wee bit more enthused about his ND visit. He basically came out and said it is now a 2 team race, OSU and ND.

                                                                                  But the best news is that he will be coming back to ND on June 21st, and he wants to make a decision within 2 weeks after that visit. Him coming back to ND to give us the last look makes me really like our chances hear. I think we found our QB of the class of 2010 boys...
                                                                                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 06-11-2009, 02:44 PM. Reason: misleading before I added "after that visit"
                                                                                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                    UPDATE!!!

                                                                                    ... but he definitely, IMO, sounded a wee bit more enthused about his ND visit. ...
                                                                                    Hmmm, an opinion from an unworking teacher that reads a lot and doesn't get enough sleep ...


                                                                                    looks like the Fat Lady will on warbling on campus on the 21st.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                      UPDATE!!!
                                                                                      I think we found our QB of the class of 2010 boys...
                                                                                      I sure hope that you're right at that!

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        Per Rivals: Hendrix says he does not have official plans to visit on the 21st but is thinking about. Said he is gonna call Kyle Rudolph to get his insider perspective on the Irish.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          A caller to a call in show to Rivals guys asked about Hendrix, and the Rivals guy said that Hendrix was going to visit ND again and then commit to ND. Just another man's opinion, but it's still good to hear. From everything I've been reading, Hendrix is going to be ours!
                                                                                          sigpic Silence implies consent.

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            good news indeed
                                                                                            The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              hell yeah we get our 6th choice woohoo...we are ND.

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irishlew View Post
                                                                                                hell yeah we get our 6th choice woohoo...we are ND.
                                                                                                I think our 7th actually. He's ranked by Rivals one slot lower, 11th, than Brady Quinn, 10th, was. We should do so bad at OT and DT!
                                                                                                Last edited by BGIF; 06-19-2009, 11:16 AM. Reason: added the missing word

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                                  I think our 7th actually. He's ranked by Rivals one slot, 11th, than Brady Quinn, 10th, was. We should do so bad at OT and DT!
                                                                                                  have you seen where the top qb's this class are from.
                                                                                                  virginia, colorado, kansas, texas, washington,michigan,penn.
                                                                                                  all states we didnt really shine in recruiting historically.
                                                                                                  the only higher option on the boards we missed was scroggins but we never even offered him. all our other offers were legitimate longshots. seriously be happy if we get hendrix cuz the kid is good

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                                    A caller to a call in show to Rivals guys asked about Hendrix, and the Rivals guy said that Hendrix was going to visit ND again and then commit to ND. Just another man's opinion, but it's still good to hear. From everything I've been reading, Hendrix is going to be ours!
                                                                                                    Not so fast my friend... Steve Hare shot this rumor down today as well as a rumor that Hendrix was at Tennessee. Hendrix might be visiting on Wednesday however, it is still not for certian.

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X