Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 OH TE Alex Welch (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 OH TE Alex Welch (Notre Dame Signee)

Tight End
    Cincinnati, OH; Elder HS

Height: 6-5
    Weight: 225
    Forty: 4.85
    GPA: 3.4

Stats
    '09: 43 passes for 620 yards, 5 TDs
    '08: 480 yards, 4 TDs

Ratings and Rankings
    Rivals: ; Tight Ends (10)
    Scout: ; Tight Ends (3)

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Verbal; 5/24; Jon Tenuta)
    Boston College
    South Carolina
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    Michigan State
    Last edited by BGIF; 07-12-2010, 12:07 PM.

Four star recruit on Rivals. No offer yet but could get one if Feidorowicz falls thrue. Says he grew up a Huge Irish fan and uncle played at ND with Joe Montana
    Last edited by jason_h537; 05-14-2009, 11:52 PM. Reason: Whoops Sorry bout that

Comment

His uncle played @ ND with Notre Dame?

Comment

Isn't that HS that Kyle Rudolph went to?
        2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
          Isn't that HS that Kyle Rudolph went to?
          Yes

Comment

He is now the 2nd tight end of the 2010 class to have an offer from ND
            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Dream Offer Arrives For Welch

Feature Story (premium) by Pete Sampson on IrishIllustrated

Offer arrived Thursday

Does he pull the trigger?

Comment

Boy that guy who started this thread was onto sumthin

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                  Boy that guy who started this thread was onto sumthin
                  Why don't you rep him!

Comment

But if he commits i expect mad reps

Comment

"That was probably the most excited I've been of any offer I have received," Welch said. "It was the one school I'd been waiting for. My uncle played there. I grew up a Notre Dame fan. That's been a dream school of mine. Then going to high school, watching Kyle go through the process and he chose Notre Dame. That's the school I've been waiting for. I was hoping for this offer."
                      Quote is from Rivals 5/14. Gotta love a kid with that much enthusiasm.

Comment

Quote is from Rivals 5/14. Gotta love a kid with that much enthusiasm.
                        Nice to see a kid that gets as excited as we would.

Did they mention the uncle by name? There was a Bob Welch that was a backup punter for Holtz in '86 and another that played in '44 (more like a great, great uncle). Of course the uncle could be on his mom's side.

Comment

Yeah his uncle is Steve Heimkreiter

Comment

Yeah his uncle is Steve Heimkreiter
                            Solid LB with Golic on a great defensive unit that hogtied Earl Campbell in the Cotton Bowl.

Comment

Welch Video

2010 Alex Welch Cincinnati Elder TE8 Jr

He can throw a block, drive back the LB and sell the delay. And he's picked up an offer from OU.

Comment

Well... if the other thread from that Cincy guy was right, it sounds like Welch may be that mysterious verbal commit he was yacking on about.

Comment

Cincinnati Elder tight end Alex Welch is expected to commit to Notre Dame by the end of the week. Ft. Lauderdale (Fla.) St. Thomas Aquinas cornerback Cody Riggs reportedly wants to commit to Notre Dame, but longtime Aquinas coach George Smith isn't big on his players making such early decisions and wants his players to see numerous schools before deciding. Cape Coral (Fla.) High cornerback Spencer Boyd is a heavy Notre Dame lean, but a recent Miami offer could put a twist on things.
                                  Wanted to post this quote for all of my fellow Irish fans craving some good news. This is From Ferrel at Rivals, the same man who said that Hurst was a heavy ND lean, so take itwith a grain of salt.

Comment

Offered by O$U today

Interesting time to offer

Comment

i read that also. hopefully its too late

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                        Offered by O$U today

Interesting time to offer
                                        Perhaps the OSU offer will keep him from dropping to 3 Stars after announcing for ND.

Comment

Welch Watch

It's Thursday, is he on campus yet?

Is he #4?

Comment

He is going to be Irish...matter of time...

Comment

Let's bring it home
                                              The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

Tight End position

We have made 2 offers. Both seem to be having a difficult time reaching a decision to commit. I suggest we offer others who may have a strong desire to play for ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                                                  We have made 2 offers. Both seem to be having a difficult time reaching a decision to commit. I suggest we offer others who may have a strong desire to play for ND.

Welch got his offer a week ago today. It's May 21st not January 21st. Recruits have got almost 9 months to make a decision.

Keep in mind TE is not a prority need in this class. Rudolph, Ragone, Fauria each have 3 years of eligibility. Eifert and Golic have 4+. And there's a walkon named Burger that impressed in Spring Practice.

Unless Ragone's knees don't hold up or Eifert is moved to WR (there are more bodies there than at TE) or Golic to ... It would make sense for ND to continue to evaluate TEs and continue to watch those they already know like Richardson from Fauria's school who camped at ND last summer. These are juniors, ND has their senior season to watch and evaluate development.

Comment

Recent update on espn says he is most likely ND bound. Link below.

Alex Welch - College Football Recruiting 2010 - ESPN

Comment

Visited to today and said he loved it, but not as much as his parents who are huge Notre Dame fans. Talked to Wies and spent alot oftime discussing academics and why the Irish offered him.

Comment

Visited OSU friday 5/22, left without a commit as well

Comment

Visited OSU friday 5/22, left without a commit as well
                                                          Well, at least he didn't commit to tOSU, yet... Really hope we get him or Fedorowicz(sp?)

Comment

this is a quote from 4HL, not mine so don't kill the messenger. Just thought i'd share and maybe someone with premium access could confirm or deny.

It's reported on the Forum section of Irish Sports Daily that Alex Welch committed to Notre Dame today. No one seemed to have been able to verify it. So take it for what it is worth. But...where there is smoke most likely means fire. If true...Welcome Alex to the best University in the Country. Go Irish!!!</

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlew View Post
                                                              this is a quote from 4HL, not mine so don't kill the messenger. Just thought i'd share and maybe someone with premium access could confirm or deny.
                                                              Uninformed sources at IrishEnvy who requested anonymity as they were not authorized to comment verified unequivically that this report is unverified.

Others equally uninformed will challenge the validity of that statement.

Meanwhile ESPN stands by their 5/20 storyline that Alex Welch:

... could commit to Notre Dame sooner rather than later ...

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlew View Post
                                                                The guy that reported it on Irish Daily said he was a friend of the family and that the family emailed him and said that he had committed to ND today. Sounds great and all and I hope that it's true, but at this point it's unconfirmed. We'll know more by tomorrow, but I hope that he's commit #4...
                                                                Last edited by NDinL.A.; 05-25-2009, 09:26 AM.
                                                                sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                  The guy that reported it on Irish Daily said he was a friend of the family and that the family emailed him and said that he had committed to ND today. SOunds great and all and I hope that it's true, but at this point it'd unconfirmed. We'll know more by tomorrow, but I hope that he's commit #4...
                                                                  yeah me too...kid looks great on film and has a fantastic offer list.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                    The guy that reported it on Irish Daily said he was a friend of the family and that the family emailed him and said that he had committed to ND today. Sounds great and all and I hope that it's true, but at this point it's unconfirmed. We'll know more by tomorrow, but I hope that he's commit #4...
                                                                    You better not jinx it by calling it early

Comment

supposedly Welch will be going public tonight on cincinnati news.

Comment

keep your fingers crossed

Comment

Its Official commit #4

Comment

The is an article on ISD about Welch commiting to ND and the story behind it.

Comment

• #39

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Scout has announced it. Rivals is still waiting for confirmation.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  great news.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Older Sis Shares The Day With Welch -

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Sounds like a good kid in the article. Nice to see ND start making some noise in Ohio.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        committed per rivals as well...let's get us some DB's from Florida now...lol

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Hopefully one of the following are next
                                                                                          Cody Riggs
                                                                                          Spencer Boyd
                                                                                          Matt James (get in his ear Welch)
                                                                                          Blake Leuders
                                                                                          Chance Carter

How can i change the thread title?
                                                                                          Last edited by jason_h537; 05-25-2009, 06:29 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            great way to start the week
                                                                                            The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I'm excited about having him come aboard, welcome to the family!!!

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Hopefully one of the following are next
                                                                                                Cody Riggs
                                                                                                Spencer Boyd
                                                                                                Matt James (get in his ear Welch)
                                                                                                Blake Leuders
                                                                                                Chance Carter

How can i change the thread title?
                                                                                                mods will take care of that.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  This kid can block his ass off too. With all the depth at TE we have now, our goalline set is gonna be hard to defend. With Aldridge at FB, Hughes at TB, and Rudolph, Ragone, and Fauria in, this gives us alot of legit options

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Welcome to the family Welch!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X