Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 NC LB Kendall Moore (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 NC LB Kendall Moore (Notre Dame Signee)

Outside Linebacker
    Raleigh, NC; Southeast Raleigh HS

Height: 6-3
    Weight: 232
    Forty: 4.6
    Bench Max: 320
    Squat Max: 500
    Vertical: 32
    GPA: 2.9
    Test: 1400 (3 part)

Ratings and Rankings
    Rivals: ; Outside Linebackers (21); Rating 5.8
    Scout: ; Middle Linebackers (16)
    ESPN: ; Inside Linebacker (17); Grade 77

Statistics
    Junior: 120 Tackles; 6 Sacks

Offers
    Notre Dame (OV 10/17)
    North Carolia St (OV 12/11/09)
    Clemson
    Duke
    Florida St
    Maryland
    South Carolina

Decision: 7/11 Notre Dame

ND Recruiter: Diaco, Cooks (Corwin Brown)

Links of Interest
    Combine Highlights
    Combine Highlights
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-18-2010, 09:54 AM. Reason: Recruiters
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Just offered yesterday. FSU and South Carolina lead right now, but he says he was an ND fan growing up, so that helps us. Late offer because ND was waiting on his transcripts. Has been in contact w/ Corwin Brown on a weekly basis. Called this offer 'big'...

Comment

Sounds good bro...Looks to have good size....Our LB depth is crazy right now...I really think Poz or A-Mac are gonna transfer...

Comment

Good news on him. He announced a top 4, in order:

ND
        FSU
        LSU
        NC State

Comment

Nice, I know he has concerns about the weather.
          2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
            Good news on him. He announced a top 4, in order:

ND
            FSU
            LSU
            NC State
            Sweet! Def looks like a player...

Comment

I thought I read somewhere that he was a lifelong Irish fan.

Comment

Originally posted by OCIrish View Post
                I thought I read somewhere that he was a lifelong Irish fan.

I didn't get that impression from a writeup by Shurburtt, ESPN, when he was offered.

It was definitely big to get that offer. My parents are real high on them and they want me to check them out. I am not that familiar with ND, but I am going to go up there and check them out. I know they have a real rich history and a lot of good football has been played there. I also saw the movie "Rudy." I want to get to know more about a lot of the things they do at ND.
                A couple of weeks ago Steve Hare, IrishIllustrated noted:

Moore likes what he hearsIt's hard to believe, but if LB Kendall Moore signs with ND in February, some credit might go to NFL star Julius Peppers. A coaching connection on the Irish staff to North Carolina has Moore intrigued. Moore idolizes the Carolina Panthers pass rusher and recently learned ND assistant Jon Tenuta coached the All-Pro in college. Combine that with Corwin Brown’s work and the Irish are in strong shape.

Comment

The big draw for him is Tenuta. If the defense plays lights out this year, we might steal a few more recruits thanks to him.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                    The big draw for him is Tenuta. If the defense plays lights out this year, we might steal a few more recruits thanks to him.
                    The defense should be aggressive this year both from a talent and play calling perspective. If ND produces consistent first possession TDs the other teams are going to be forced to play catch up. IF ND owns the first Q, there are going to lots of opportunites for the defense to shine. Think ND's '05 offense with the '02 defense.

Comment

I didnt realize how ballin this guy is. I think if he takes an official he will be ours

Comment

Chris Martin said that he's been recruiting and talking to Kendall a lot, more than any other recruit...

Comment

he needs to be talking to Anthony Barr.

Comment

you mean he needs to be talking to both of them.

Comment

He's talking to whoever talks to him. It just so happens that he and Kendall get along really well and talk the most. If Barr doesn't recriprocate (and who knows if he does or doesn't), what's he to do? I too hope that Martin does, but Barr's in good hands with Polian...

Comment

True, but damn i want Anthony Barr at Notre Dame. That kid is a beast.

Comment

Wow, i have really havent been keeping up on recruiting lately, kind of upset with myself. Kendall looks like one hell of an athlete and football player, hope we land this kid and Fortt.

Comment

Plans to be on campus June 26th, as well as hit the USC Camp and Tennessee

Comment

Camper?

Plans to be on campus June 26th, as well as hit the USC Camp and Tennessee
                                      ND has a camp 6/28 - 7/1. Will he be a camper or is this a pre camp visit?

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                        ND has a camp 6/28 - 7/1. Will he be a camper or is this a pre camp visit?
                                        I have seen the camp on the 26th...we have A LOT of recruits coming that day too.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                          I have seen the camp on the 26th...we have A LOT of recruits coming that day too.
                                          From UND.com Football Camps

Session I, June 14-17 (7th-12th grade): boarder $410/nonboarder $350 Session II, June 28-July 1 (9th-12th grade): boarder $410/nonboarder $350

The 26th is Friday while the 28th is Sunday so he could be coming in early for camp or he could just be making a visit and not camping.

I'd imagine ND would encourage 2010 prospects to come in for the weekend to see the campus, meet with Admissions or professors, etc, in a less hectic period than during camp days.

Comment

I think he is just coming for the day but i could be wrong. ND is trying to make it a big recruiting day, they are also expecting Jerrell Priester that day but those are the only two that i have heard

Comment

Waybe he wants to get on campus so he has the WiFi available to read any number of books online in a single technological package....

(Think about it.... think about it....)

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                Waybe he wants to get on campus so he has the WiFi available to read any number of books online in a single technological package....

(Think about it.... think about it....)

Thinking ... thinking ... NOT processing.

Would he be talking advantage of the onsite "schematic advantage"?

Comment

To prove I'm not crazy...

Amazon.com: Kindle: Amazon's 6" Wireless Reading Device (Latest Generation): Kindle Store

Comment

with that he doesn't need to come on campus. He can play at home.

Quick - Yes
                                                    Nasty - As Nasty as you wanna be
                                                    Thick - Uh, uh.

Comment

OK. Look dude. That girl in the ad? She rejected me. Something about not liking things with furry legs and big things. Weird.

Comment

Kendall Moore

6/11 by Stan Olsen Charlotte Observer

Kendall Moore has 14 offers and will be cutting his list to 7 in the next few days.

So far 3 make the cut NCS, ND, and SCA.

Other offers include CL, DUK, ECU, UNC, WF, FSU, UK, LOU, UMD, MSST, and WVU.

Plans to visit ND 6/26 and to camp at UTN.

Comment

Hell of a player, hope he comes to the irish, we need more players like this. Nice little write up from irishsportsdaily.com, figured i would post it if anyone wanted to read. link below.

In the Film Room: Kendall Moore -

Comment

Thorough review. I though we'd have trouble getting LBs after the 8 taken the past 2 years. Based on Drisikell's analysis Moore sounds like he be a solid addition to the LB corps.

Comment

With all the LB's, I have to think that the 3-4 has to be used much, much more than the 4-3 base.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                                With all the LB's, I have to think that the 3-4 has to be used much, much more than the 4-3 base.
                                                                I think right now our team is better suited for a 3-4. We are still gonna have most of our talent back next year too. Brian Smith, Darius Fleming, Steve Filer, David Pozluzny, Anthony McDonald, Manti Te'o, Zeke Motta, Carlo Calabrese, and Dan Fox. The Irish would like to add Kendall Moore and Anthony Barr (who could play DE and from reports the Irish have begun discussing the possibilty of RB). Its not a bad problem to have.

Comment

I think right now our team is better suited for a 3-4. ...
                                                                  Why?

Explain.

Comment

Why?

Explain.
                                                                    Kerry neal and Darius Fleming are more tweeners that are perfect for the 3-4. Sean Cwyner and Ethan Johnson are those big 3-4 ends that stack well against the run. plus our depth at LB and lack of at D line better suit our numbers. I prefer a 4-3 d and am happy to see us go back to it but our recruitng that past couple years have been for a 3-4. Now we need Cwyner and Johsnon to bulk up to play tackle, Neal moves down to DE ( which i think will suit him better), and hope Fleming is athletic enough to play SAM.

Comment

This team has lots of LB depth / talent ... and lack of depth/talent at DL. I don't think we run a true 3-4 because of our lack of size on the defensive line. No true nose tackle to gobble up blockers and let our talented LBs do their thing. We need as many bodies on the line as possible to slow down oppositions running attack.

Comment

Why?

Explain.
                                                                        We have more talent at LB. We do not have two stud DTs in the middle. More talent, less "holy-shit-they-are-throwing-the-ball-all-over-the-field-because-we-have-no-pass-rush-up-the-middle".

Comment

UPDATE: He's coming to ND on the 26th of June, this Friday, with his parents. Good friend and fellow ND recruit Prince Shembo will be there as well. The 26th is a big day for ND recruiting...

Comment

Dont forget Amerson. Hopefully we can get Lueders and Hendrix to commit tomarrow and finish it off with a Moore, Amerson commitment.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              He seems really excited about the visit. Said of the possability of committing on the visit "...they say you just know when your on campus. So Im just waiting to get that feeling." Very nice articlie on him i found, link below. Also talks about Shembo.

Moore Excited About Irish Visit -
                                                                              Last edited by IrishAddiction; 06-23-2009, 05:43 PM. Reason: misquoted

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I really like coach Brown.

Nice quote in the Mike Frank article

I'll also get to hang out with coach Brown. I really like coach Brown. We talk every week, and we e-mail each other all the time. I really feel comfortable with him.
                                                                                Kendall Moore

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Some day soon we'll have to recruit against Corwin Brown, when he is a head coach somewhere.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Hopefully thats not for a while.
                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      With all this coach in waiting BS going around, I say we name him next. Corwin is a man, this guy will be a great coach. I just hope if he does leave he gets a good job. With the exception of Randy Shannon, most black coaches have to suck it up at Miami (OH), and Buffalo.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        With all this coach in waiting BS going around, I say we name him next. Corwin is a man, this guy will be a great coach. I just hope if he does leave he gets a good job. With the exception of Randy Shannon, most black coaches have to suck it up at Miami (OH), and Buffalo.
                                                                                        Well, guys like Ty Willingham and Karl Dorrell set the African-American race back 30 years LOL.

P.S. My 2 favorite teams, ND and UCLA, had those 2 clowns as head coaches. Oh the horror. Not good times. And UCLA hired Dorrell after Ty had that great 1st year with ND, and he was basically Ty's clone. In other words, he sucked ass.

Back to the topic, hope Moore's visit is going well!...

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I didnt want to bring those two up. Like you i also have love for UCLA. Aggghhhhh i cant believe i didnt get in

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Yeah Bruh.!
                                                                                            Im Out Here Now.. Its Tight Already.
                                                                                            But Ima Take The Tour Tomorrow.

Moore wrote this on C. Martin's facebook page last night. Martin had or is recruiting Moore.
                                                                                            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I like that he wrote Ima. Like Ima firin ma lazor!
                                                                                              sigpic

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I didnt want to bring those two up. Like you i also have love for UCLA. Aggghhhhh i cant believe i didnt get in
                                                                                                Me too! UCLA said no to me; I think they actually laughed at my application ha ha. But USC recruited me hard, sending me things every week, and I got in, but thank God I said no (I switched my major to education in college, and I didn't need 6 figure loans on a teacher's salary). Went to a state school and I'm cool wit it.

As for Moore, he and Shembo are on campus, but no Amerson, as he couldn't make it...

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                                  Yeah Bruh.!
                                                                                                  Im Out Here Now.. Its Tight Already.
                                                                                                  But Ima Take The Tour Tomorrow.

... Martin had or is recruiting Moore.
                                                                                                  For UNC, LSU, or did Mom remind him, "You recruit only for ND or your Juco back here."?

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Would love a Moore commit. get the Fauria taste out my mouth

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X