Forty: 4.47
    Bench: 285
    Squat: 390
    Vertical: 37
    Shuttle: 4.2
    GPA: 2.5
    TEST: SAT June 6; ACT 9/12

STATS:
    '07 Rush 840 yds, 6.7 ypc, 5 TDs; Receiving 12 catches, 132 yds, 1 TD; Defense 48 Tackles, 2 Sacks, 1 INT
    '08 Rush 1300 yds, 13 TD; Defense 50 Tackles, 3 Sacks, 1 Int
    '09 Rush 125 carries, 899 yds, 9 TDs; Receiving 29 catches, 436 yds, 5 TDs; Defense 64 tackles, 3 INTs, 6 PBUs

RANKING:
    RIVALS: , #9 Safety, Rating 5.9
    SCOUT: , #7 Safety
    ESPN: , #10 Safety, Grade 81

OFFERS:
    USC ( camp '09)
    UCLA (OV 1/8/10)
    LSU (OV 1/22)
    Florida
    Mississippi (1/29/10)
    Notre Dame (OV 10/17)
    Tennessee (OV 10/3)

Alabama
    ASU
    Arizona
    Baylor
    CAL
    Colorado
    FSU
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Oklahoma
    Oregon
    Texas
    Washington

ND RECRUITER: Polian

DECISION: Week after NSD
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-28-2010, 01:19 AM. Reason: '09 Stats

I wonder if all the new safety offers means we aren't looking to good with Sean Parker... anyone?

Comment

probably due more to more scholarships avail for 2010 compared to 2009 and the fact that 2009 only had one DB in that class.

hopefully the 2010 prospects will take notice the line ahead of them isn't nearly as long at ND some other schools, like say USC that landed 5-DBs last year alone.

Comment

We will land Riley or Parker IMO. Just too big of a need not to land one of these kids...with a good season, we'd be in good shape... With Parker being the most likely...

Comment

From everything I've heard is that he's extremely interested in ND but that it's all for not unless Weis and Co. recruit him as RB, the position he wants to play at the next level.

So IMO we can't count on him to be 1 of at least 3 Safeties needed in this recruiting class.

Comment

I think Parker is the much better safety, but like said earlier, we need as many secondary players as possible. Riley is dreaming if he thinks he is going to play RB at the next level. Every school is recruiting him as an athlete, and the state of California literally has at least 10 guys who are going to go to major schools as rbs.

Comment

Most major programs to have offered, Oklahoma, USC, etc., see him as a safety, bur he definitely wants to at least be given a shot at Running Back. wouldn't be surprised if say a school like... oh i don't know... Stanford, promises him a RB position just to get him to commit. As for Parker, he will definitely be a kid who takes his recruitment late into the year.

Comment

Mr Polian stopped by to see Dietich and must have done quite a sales job. Riley has not named a short list yet, but says ND will definitely be on it. Riley also plans on taking an Official out to South Bend next season. This is someone who will most likeley take his recruitment all the way to signing day so maybe Notre Dame can steal one.

Comment

Another great article (FREEBIE) on ISD by Wiltfong

Riley Remains High On Notre Dame -

He's been hiitting the weight room since this thread was started and is up to 200 pounds.
                  That's playing weight for a Div 1 Safety. Something Polian has likely pointed out.

... they’re (ND) planning to sign 3 safeties, and that one out of those 3 safeties that competes the hardest and comes in ready to play, they’re going to have a great chance to see the field as a true freshman, and that’s my plan. I don’t plan on red-shirting or anything.

Polian is also stressing Special Teams play something Riley excels at. ND, OU, and UTN are recruiting him as a Safety. USC likes him as an Athlete, RB/S/WR. The others are recruiting him as a RB. He's been to USC and UCLA and went to UTN a year ago. Had planned to visit ND this spring but had a death in the family. Planning on taking the SATs then visiting ND in early summer.

More at the LINK

Comment

Great link, i really like this kid

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                      Great link, i really like this kid
                      Doesn't sound from that article that Riley's hung up on playing TB. The "I wanna carry the rock 30 times a game" guys don't get excited about the chance to play ST. This is a kid that wants to play.

Comment

Yeah Rivals had a premium article where he said something to the effect of most of the big programs want him to play safety so if thats what it takes to get to the next level, hes all for it

Comment

is currently making the rounds in the pac 10. says he wants to visit ND in the summer, but not sure if he can. Says that the Irish will definitely get an official though,
                          "I hear so many great things about their university and I cannot pass up a huge opportunity to go up there,"

Comment

I like it.

Comment

Riley has two in mind

7/28 Per Biggins ESPN

There isn't a more versatile player out West than Dietrich Riley CA La Canada St. Francis. Riley, a natural safety, has stood out at every camp he has attended this year. He worked out with the running backs, receivers and DBs at the SoCal NIKE Camp and lead NIKE Camp RB coach Jake Campbell called him the best back he worked out at any camp this year. At the USC Rising Stars Camp, he took reps at both safety and corner and has the size, athleticism and talent to play any of the four positions at the college level. Riley has long been thought to be a heavy USC lean with much speculation that he could even be a 'silent commitment' at this time. "I like USC but I haven't committed anywhere. There were rumors that I committed to USC and to Tennessee and neither are true. I honestly don't know where people get their information but I had all these people on Facebook asking me about that and it's just not true. "I want to take all my trips but I don't have any dates set right now. I know I'll visit Notre Dame and Tennessee but I don't know what other schools I'll visit after that."

Comment

Profile Updated

Riley sounds a lot like ND's Jeff Burris who intercepted 10 passes as a Safety and scored 10 TDs as the TB in Holtz's Full House Backfield.

Comment

I really hope that we can land riley i think anyone we can get out of u$c own backyard is a plus for us. i heard martin and badger are talking to riley that should help out alot..
                                  GO IRISH

Comment

Riley is the very definition of Athlete. Kid can play any number of positions and because he is so new to the secondary that his room to grow is tremendous. Parker is a better Safety right now and would love to get him as well but Riley might end up being the better player 2-3 years from now.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                      Riley is the very definition of Athlete. Kid can play any number of positions and because he is so new to the secondary that his room to grow is tremendous. Parker is a better Safety right now and would love to get him as well but Riley might end up being the better player 2-3 years from now.
                                      Really? You think so? What puts him behind Parker... just technique? or something else

Comment

Parker is a true safety and while Riley has barely started playing safety over summer at camps and other events

Comment

Did he camp at u$c? Is he setting up a visit to Notre Dame
                                          GO IRISH

Comment

Yes he did camp at USC and has been considered a heavy USC lean but has publicle stated that Notre Dame and Tennessee will get visits.

Comment

When he going to visit Notre Dame is it for the u$c game
                                              GO IRISH

Comment

Originally posted by texas fighting irish View Post
                                                When he going to visit Notre Dame is it for the u$c game

As of 7/28, he had no dates set for visits.

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010...tml#post296801

Comment

Riley Gets FSU Offer

Seminoles offer ATH Riley - ESPN

per Greg Biggins ESPN 8/12

Florida State just offered me Sunday. It was kind of unexpected because I hadn't heard a lot from them but I'm definitely interested and wanted to take a trip out there. I know Florida State used to be one of the top teams in the country but they have struggled lately. They need some speed and I think I could bring that to them
                                                  Riley covets an offer from OSU and will visit if they offer.

I'm waiting on Ohio State.They're really high on my list and I heard they could be close to offering. If they offer, I'm definitely going to visit there and that's when I'll start to set up my other trips too so right now, I'm just being patient and waiting things out
                                                  He'll be visiting USC and UCLA preseason practices. He hopes to schedule officials before summer ends.

Comment

No need to see OSU. Howzabout he comes over and chill's with Cierre and the other Cali boys?

Comment

Dietrich has been to USC several times to wtach them practice and believes that PT is not an issue. He has been a USClean for a while so this could be bad news for us

Comment

Per ISD, Riley has set up his OV for.....wait for it..........USC!!!! Crazy right? I think the number of recruits going to the USC game is at 1,649, but I may be shorting that number a bit, so don't quote me on it. He hasn't set any other visits yet, but he will. The one thing I liked is that he said he wants to see things such as the atmosphere, classrooms, the entire campus, etc, and that he doesn't care about going out or anything like that. He's taking it like a business trip, b/c it's where he'll spend the next 4-5 years. Now, doesn't mean he's coming to ND...he's going to go to a lot of places, and he'll visit USC and UCLA on his own dime. But he'll visit us, so it's a good thing. And he's very good friends with Dayne Crist...
                                                        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Fuck... we have to win the U$C game now. If we get blown out... we are in deep, deep, deep, DEEP crap.

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                            Fuck... we have to win the U$C game now. If we get blown out... we are in deep, deep, deep, DEEP crap.
                                                            Weis has recruited well over the past few of years. If you're in deep crap, it'll be because of coaching, not because of the recruiting. Enough with these sky is falling posts.

Comment

Originally posted by ant80 View Post
                                                              Weis has recruited well over the past few of years. If you're in deep crap, it'll be because of coaching, not because of the recruiting. Enough with these sky is falling posts.
                                                              No, he's absolutely right. If we get blown out by USC, CW's job will be in MAJOR jeopardy, if not lost, and we will be in deep crap. Why? Because this year more than ever, recruits are looking to see if ND will win, and if CW will be the coach. ND loses, not only does it lose its coach but most likely many, many major recruits. A blowout loss to a USC team with a freshman QB in SB with a team many expect to be very good, would absolutely be disastrous...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                No, he's absolutely right. If we get blown out by USC, CW's job will be in MAJOR jeopardy, if not lost, and we will be in deep crap. Why? Because this year more than ever, recruits are looking to see if ND will win, and if CW will be the coach. ND loses, not only does it lose its coach but most likely many, many major recruits. A blowout loss to a USC team with a freshman QB in SB with a team many expect to be very good, would absolutely be disastrous...
                                                                Your point is well taken. However, even if you guys do get blown out, you have 3 years of good recruits. Sure, some recruits might decommit from the 2010 class, but you've got to believe that a majority of them will stay. On top of that, the talent level is pretty good. Much better than where Ty Willingham left you guys. If not Charlie, then the next coach will have a enough talent to put up a few good seasons... provided of course, that he can coach well. That was my entire point.

Comment

Profile updated

Comment

Was at the USC/WSU game last night...

Comment

Read that he will be at the USC game with us as well but nothing confirmed

Comment

Riley Receives UF Offer

College Football Recruiting On the Trail 2010 - ESPN

He's already scheduled dates with Tennessee (vs. Auburn), Notre Dame (vs. USC) and USC (postseason).

Other schools including Washington, UCLA, California, Florida State, Oklahoma, Arizona, LSU, Arizona State and Michigan have also offered.

Comment

Wouldn't it be easier to start a website listing which players (that are worth a damn) that aren't going to the USC-ND game?

Comment

Per ESPN:

Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN

Good news, but still has a few visits to go. Would be great to get him and Shaw.
                                                                            2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I love the fact he is taking his mother with him next time. That always works out well for us!!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Sounds like a neat kid on the recruit sites. We could use him. Welcome back for his unofficial - hope mom loves the place as much as we do.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Good article. Lets get mom on campus and see what happens. Go Irish!
                                                                                  Last edited by Ultimate Penn St. Hater; 10-19-2009, 09:40 AM.
                                                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Do we have a date when he and his mom are coming back to south bend?
                                                                                    GO IRISH

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                                      Per ESPN:

Riley plans to visit Notre Dame again after great visit - ESPN

Good news, but still has a few visits to go. Would be great to get him and Shaw.
                                                                                      I predict this kid is irish when its all said and done.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I'm really surprised he didn't bring his mom on his official visit. That would have been a more economical decision right?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Wow great find Polish. I thought this kid was all USC. Interesting to read about how other coaches bashed us. This guy has huge upside. Landing him and Parker would really be something

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I have to say would take Riley and parker over a guy like prater anyday

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              From the sounds of things, this kid really has the ND attitude. Seemed to really enjoy the visit..... lets pull another one away from the poodle. That guy is such a douche.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Early on the guys at Rivals felt that if we got him on campus we could make an impact but recently he just seemes to be really leaning USC. Hopefully he makes that 2nd trip

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  ISD

Recruiting Thoughts

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Nice find JeffMaj

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X