Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 FL CB Cody Riggs (Notre Dame Transferee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 FL CB Cody Riggs (Notre Dame Transferee)

Cornerback
    Ft. Lauderdale (FL) St. Thomas Aquinas

Ht: 5-9
    Wt: 170
    40: 4.43
    Bench: 215
    Vertical: 36
    GPA: 3.8
    Test: 1210

Ranking:
    Rivals: , #5 CB, Rating 5.9
    Scout: , #7 CB
    ESPN: , #7 CB, Grade 81

Statistics:
    '08 (Jr.) 25 Tackles, 8 INT, 25 Pass breakups.

Offers:
    Florida
    Georgia
    Notre Dame
    Tennessee

FSU
    Boston College
    Mississippi
    Purdue
    Rutgers
    South Carolina
    Wake Forest
    Wisconsin

Visits:
    UF (OV 11/27), UTN (OV 9/11), UGA (OV 10/02), ND (OV 10/17)

ND Recruiter: Brown/Parmalee

Decision: 9/10/09 Florida
    Links:

YouTube - Top High School Cornerback - #2 Cody Riggs - St. Thomas Aquinas High School, Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Last edited by BGIF; 12-11-2009, 12:49 AM. Reason: Decision

same HS as Sam Young, Dan Wenger, Ben Turk , Jordan Cowart, and 2010 offered prospect Brandon Linder. He received an offer yesterday.

Comment

He is also good friends with Armando Allen, Riggs' step dad coached Armando in track.

Comment

its gonna be really hard to pull a cb from florida. we got manti so there is a chance but they are gonna have to put in overtime

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
          its gonna be really hard to pull a cb from florida. we got manti so there is a chance but they are gonna have to put in overtime
          At least we can truely believe we have a shot to pull a player from Flordia's mits. The Davieham era would just have written him off immediately.

Comment

and now we all have faith that anything is possible.

Comment

I think Riggs is an absolute possibility. Lamarcus Joyner will be the much harder pull in my opinion, but it seems that Weis has established a pipeline to St. Thomas Aquinas which can do nothing but pay dividends considering it is a national powerhouse.

Comment

its possible but its gonna be tough is all im saying

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENISTHYTATE View Post
                  I think Riggs is an absolute possibility. Lamarcus Joyner will be the much harder pull in my opinion, but it seems that Weis has established a pipeline to St. Thomas Aquinas which can do nothing but pay dividends considering it is a national powerhouse.
                  Well, the guys that run a Florida State website (tomahawknation.com) say we are FSU's main competition, with ND actually being in the lead...
                  sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                    Well, the guys that run a Florida State website (tomahawknation.com) say we are FSU's main competition, with ND actually being in the lead...
                    I know the owner of warchant.com. I'll ask him what he knows about this. Although he always gives me crap about being a ND fan...
                    sigpic

Comment

He is also the nephew of former ND player Bobby Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by brownkj002 View Post
                        I hope that helps...

Comment

Originally posted by brownkj002 View Post
                          Well if ND is that kid's prerogative... haha

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                            I know the owner of warchant.com. I'll ask him what he knows about this. Although he always gives me crap about being a ND fan...

Looks like you have a little ammo to shoot back his way right now. Probably tough to be a FSU fan these days. Just glad my home state UK Wildcats beat em in that bowl game, even though we would have been given that win this week anyway.

Comment

his HL video has been added...this kid is a stud.

Comment

Originally posted by MirageSmack View Post
                                Looks like you have a little ammo to shoot back his way right now. Probably tough to be a FSU fan these days. Just glad my home state UK Wildcats beat em in that bowl game, even though we would have been given that win this week anyway.
                                I know, and I want to make fun of FSU, but then say that ND has not done that much lately either. The best part of knowing the guy is that I get to hangout with the FSU cowgirls :)
                                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                  The best part of knowing the guy is that I get to hangout with the FSU cowgirls :)

Umm, that might be worth biting your tongue when it comes to FSU. Call a guy disloyal if you will, but a wise man knows when to pick his battles.

Comment

Here's a video on him from Rivals. He talks about coming to ND for the spring game, and how he camped here last summer. Also said we were the first to offer him, and that's one of the big reasons he's coming out for the game. It's nice to be mentioned, but he also talks about FSU and other schools. We're in the mix, but he's going to be a tough pull IMO.

AMP: Riggs blankets the competition - Rivals.com Video

But dude has some serious cover skills...

Comment

Had a fantastic visit and has ND as his early leader. But he's going to Ohio St's spring game this weekend, and is also high on FL and Wake Forest, among others. Won't commit until fall at earliest...

Comment

Very good news with him:

1) He wasn't even ranked in the initial Rivals 250, and now in the latest Rivals 100, he's all the way up to being ranked #43. Kid's a stud all of a sudden (LOL).

2) Rivals still has him as saying that ND is his leader right now, even after his other unofficials. He also says he plans on taking all of his officials before making his decision.

3) Has ND as 'High" on his list, while every other school is at 'Medium". Doesn't mean he's ours by any means, but it is still nice to be the leader at this point. If we win ball games, we'll be that much closer to getting him...
                                        Last edited by NDinL.A.; 05-05-2009, 04:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah I saw his sudden rise on the Rivals list. Come on Cody, keep that pipeline going!

Comment

This might be only the second time i have seen a Notre Dame lean or commit rise in Rivals rankings.

Comment

Dude, he's going to ND! Mike from flavarsity.com guaranteed me this. He almost committed at the spring game, but decided to take other visits.
                                              sigpic

Comment

he better be... cuz im holdin you accountable

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                  he better be... cuz im holdin you accountable
                                                  Even though I am confident that we will get Riggs, you still never know. It would have been better if he committed at the spring game, like he was expected to. I also think ND has a great shot at getting his fellow STAQ teammate Linder. Unfortunately Joyner looks out of our reach :(
                                                  sigpic

Comment

If both Riggs and Linder commit, nextrounds on me guys

Comment

Jack Daniels, Double. Plez.

Comment

Yeah just tell me where to show up for this round and I will be there

Comment

Easy guys lets get him to commit first

Comment

Corner Pocket. Tallahassee. Drinks on me.
                                                            sigpic

Comment

According to Rivals, Riggs doesnt plan on commiting until after next season once he makes all of his official visits. Sorry to dissapoint anyone who thought he might be that next commit we have been hearing about

Comment

From what I've heard, I would be shocked if Riggs does not commit to ND.
                                                                sigpic

Comment

Interesting snippet from Mike Farrell 5/20:

... Cody Riggs reportedly wants to commit to Notre Dame, but longtime Aquinas coach George Smith isn't big on his players making such early decisions and wants his players to see numerous schools before deciding.

I recall a similar comment about the Aquinas coach during Young's (1/19/06 verbal) or Wenger's (12/7/06) recruitment. I also believe Turk commented on his coach's commitment preference but he declared early (6/11/08) anyway.

Comment

Yea that is an interesting philosophy...I guess he just wants them to be sure and not be one of those recruits who verbals to 3 diff teams...It's understandable.

Comment

I think its a good philosophy. Helps reduce decommitments, and is one that the Irish practice for the most part. Still would be niceto get a commitment though. Hopefully Riggs is in Linder's ear as well.

Comment

When I committed to Wabash, I waited until after the football season. I enjoyed finishing my season before going around and making my educated visits. The whole early recruit thing astounds me.

Comment

a rivals premium article has Riggs saying he told both Corwin Brown and Permarlee that they dont have to spend so much effort recruiting him, hes solid. They can focus on other recruits because he isnt going anywhere

Comment

Man I hope thats true Jason

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                                                              Yea that is an interesting philosophy...I guess he just wants them to be sure and not be one of those recruits who verbals to 3 diff teams...It's understandable.
                                                                              Good philosophy but the coach's view may not be purely altruistic. I don't think he's big on his players making visits in season as he feels they're disruptive to HIS season. He wants his players time devoted to his team not gallivanting cross-country. Also understandable.

I believe Wenger committed at or just after ND's Banquet. Young was a January visit I think.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                                                                                a rivals premium article has Riggs saying he told both Corwin Brown and Permarlee that they dont have to spend so much effort recruiting him, hes solid. They can focus on other recruits because he isnt going anywhere

Great report but I hope they don't but it.

Ever have a girl friend? A wife?

She may say, "I know you love me. You don't have to buy me presents or flowers or tell me every day to prove it."

Yes, she knows you love her but she wonders if you do as much as you did yesterday.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Well, Riggs finally got the offer he was waiting for, from FL. Now he says he doesn't have a leader, according to Rivals.

But don't lose faith, we're still good here, and he will take his official with us, and he still loves ND. But now it's a 2 horse race with ND and FL. He always said he was going to wait until he took all 5 officials to make a decision, and that remains the same...

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    who is handling his recruitment?
                                                                                    The yellow mustard pants are hideous and have to go.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Coach Brown and Parmalee
                                                                                      Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Man i dont like it when UM gets in the race. He is one guy who is hand for hand just as good a recruiter as CW, maybe better. Just IMO.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          How many corner's do the Gators have committed right now???

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            according to scout, they have 6 DBs committed so far, but only one is listed as a corner, the rest are safetys. rivals has 4 DBs listed, but two others are listed as Athletes.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              I wonder how Urban will play his recruitment? Hopefully Corwin Brown will keep his head straight. Wheres IrishinFL when you need him?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Don't worry, I'll give you the scoop Saturday, maybe Friday if I get back from the bar early. I don't how much Gene knows though, because Riggs has shown little interest in FSU. If I'm lucky Michael Langston (flavarsity.com) will be there, but I'm not gonna hold my breath on that.
                                                                                                sigpic

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Say It Ain't So!

6/1 Riggs Steps Back

Steve Hare IrishIllustrated.com
                                                                                                  When Cody Riggs left South Bend in April after checking out Notre Dame during its annual Blue-Gold Game, the 5-9, 156 CB from Ft. Lauderdale, Fla., was clear on where he ranked the Irish. He called Notre Dame his leader. That was before the four-star prospect picked up offers from Georgia and Florida. Now the Irish may be back where they started.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Riggs stated that because of the Georgia and Florida offers he has no favorite anymore. He said he does plan on visiting ND in the fall on an OV.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X