Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Take into account academics, and Northwestern is a no-brainer

Also, seems like Northwestern's QB situation is a little better, no?
    "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• Originally posted by letsgoirish420 View Post
      i'm proud to say i've known that for a VERY long time now....where did that come from?
      Should've explained. Prater already sat out his freshman year (his redshirt year). This past year (2011) was his sophomore year in school, so he didn't "burn" a redshirt by playing this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
        Well, it didn't take long for people to start downgrading Westerkamp. Even on threads that aren't his own he's getting clowned smh.

And btw, I wouldn't take 2 yrs of Prater over 4 of Westerkamp. What have you seen of Prater, besides h.s. tape, a 5 star rating, and ONE catch for SIX yards in 2 yrs in college? I hope he comes, I really do. But if he does (which I don't think will happen), he'd have to improve dramatically. I saw him live at their final scrimmage this past August. Couldn't get off the line, didn't attack the ball when they passed it to him on a slant that was deflected and intercepted, ran seemingly on his tippy-toes on a bubble screen like he was scared to get hit. I was shocked at how pedestrian he looked. Got passed up on the depth chart quickly and didn't seem to be in their plans.

Now, I'm no scout, so I could be completely off. And maybe he'll improve greatly or he just had a bad day. I loved him out of high school, so I hope I'm wrong and he goes somewhere and has a great career - even better if he comes to ND.
        So it turns out a poster on a USC premium site knows Prater and said earlier this morning that Prater was NOT transferring to ND. He wouldn't give out details until it came public, but the dude apparently is legit. Then when Prater stated that wasn't coming to ND, the poster came back and posted that Prater wanted to be the MAN at a school, and he knew that he'd never be that at USC b/c Woods and Lee were great, and he felt that he got less PT than a couple of guys he felt he was better than.

The thing that really got me is that the poster also said that Prater "HATES ND". Soooooo having heard that...get better Prater or you won't be 'the man' anywhere. Having seen you play, I highly doubt you'd start at ND next year even if you were eligible, and our WRs are pretty pedestrian themselves (at least for now)...
        sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• Doubt ND would take him even if he wanted to come. He's got 1 catch in 2 years at USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJIrish View Post
            Doubt ND would take him even if he wanted to come. He's got 1 catch in 2 years at USC.
            well that's a little misleading. He redshirted his first year. And his second year he was behind arguably the best receiving duo in college football and was in an offense that rarely puts a 3rd receiver out on the field. Obviously he hasn't lived up to his ranking yet, but to say he doesn't have the talent to be taken by a school like Notre Dame is not true, just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJIrish View Post
              Doubt ND would take him even if he wanted to come. He's got 1 catch in 2 years at USC.
              Originally posted by me9rob View Post
              well that's a little misleading. He redshirted his first year. And his second year he was behind arguably the best receiving duo in college football and was in an offense that rarely puts a 3rd receiver out on the field. Obviously he hasn't lived up to his ranking yet, but to say he doesn't have the talent to be taken by a school like Notre Dame is not true, just my opinion.
              Boom.

Kyle Prater is extremely talented, anyone who insinuates differently is simply incorrect.
              Last edited by Buster Bluth; 01-12-2012, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• I met Prater and hung out with him for quite a while when he was on his official visit to ND a couple years ago when I was a freshman. Keep in mind that this was while he was a senior in high school so take it with a grain of salt, but he seemed to have some major attitude issues. While his hosts, fellow recruits, and other students enjoyed the party around him and had a good time, he sat in the corner on his phone by himself and actually got angry when people tried to talk to him. That being said, he was 17 or 18 at the time and may have matured since then. He also had INSANE physical gifts that were evident just by looking at him; I'm 6'4" barefoot and he completely towered over me to go along with a massive frame in terms of width. I guess my point is this - Prater is a receiver in the body of a D end, but also may have some very negative intangible qualities that could outweigh his tremendous physical abilities.

Comment

• Kyle Prater's Mom says it's #Northwestern or #Wisconsin for former 5-star Proviso West WR transferring from USC:

Comment

• Hope he chooses Northwestern. I kind of root for them because I hate most of the B10

Comment

• USC Trojans sophomore wide receiver Kyle Prater will transfer from Troy, and according to the Illinois native, he's considering three Big Ten Schools at the moment. Prater told Scott Powers of ESPN Chicago that although his list isn't finalized, the three schools he's narrowing in on are the Illinois Fighting Illini, Northwestern Wildcats and Wisconsin Badgers.

Just another school added basically to what we already knew.

Comment

• not sure he will get the spotlight he craves at NW, but then again not sure he will get the passes thrown his way that he would like at UW. Interesting to see where he will end up
                        What did Davonte do?

Comment

• NU "frontrunner" for Prater - chicagotribune.com

Comment

• Good for him. Northwestern is one of only 6 schools in the BCS that offers a 7-figure ROI for African-American athletes. Would be a great choice.

Comment

• Think about this...NU is going to sign Ifeadi, looks to be about to get Alviti, and may just get Prater. I feel an upswing coming. Fitz is a good coach. I like what he's doing at Northwestern.
                              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                Think about this...NU is going to sign Ifeadi, looks to be about to get Alviti, and may just get Prater. I feel an upswing coming. Fitz is a good coach. I like what he's doing at Northwestern.
                                Don't we play NU soon?
                                Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Originally posted by BabyIrish View Post
                                  Don't we play NU soon?
                                  Hmm. I hope so. They share some very core values that agree with ours and they are very close.

Btw, just because I like what they're doing there doesn't mean I don't want to kick their ***. lol
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• Just looked it up and we play NU in 2014 supposedly and then again in 2018. If NU brings in that kind of talent will be an entertaining game.
                                    Love Thee Notre Dame!

Comment

• Officially transferred to northwestern

Comment

• Alot this kind of stuff for USC, transfers, decommits. You guys think they might have some long term issues even after the sanctions are done?

Comment

• Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post
                                          Alot this kind of stuff for USC, transfers, decommits. You guys think they might have some long term issues even after the sanctions are done?
                                          I dearly, dearly hope so
                                          "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post
                                            Alot this kind of stuff for USC, transfers, decommits. You guys think they might have some long term issues even after the sanctions are done?
                                            I hope so too, but I think they feel like they rare trying to trim away some fat. While I agree that Prater is very talented, I don't think he beats out Woods or Lee and with Farmer and possibly Agholor, I think he saw the writing on the wall and I am sure Kiffin wrote it in bold letters.
                                            Maybe it's far too soon to tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by gkIrish View Post
                                              Officially transferred to northwestern
                                              Are you kidding me???? So Northwestern is actually going to have talent when we play them? Unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                Are you kidding me???? So Northwestern is actually going to have talent when we play them? Unreal.
                                                HA ... that was my thought! Hopefully he has a hamstring pull and has to sit out our game.
                                                When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time. - Max McGee

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                                  But the "experts" will say they have no one and they are just another "easy" team on the schedule

Comment

• Ex-USC Trojans receiver Kyle Prater chooses Northwestern Wildcats - ESPN Chicago
                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

• Prater cleared to play this year under a "residence waiver". Of course I was excited when Carlisle was given a waiver, but all these waivers seem to becoming a bit of a joke.

WildcatReport.com - Prater will play in 2012

Comment

• Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                        Prater cleared to play this year under a "residence waiver". Of course I was excited when Carlisle was given a waiver, but all these waivers seem to becoming a bit of a joke.

WildcatReport.com - Prater will play in 2012
                                                        lynch is applying as well for one
                                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                                                          lynch is applying as well for one
                                                          boo that man, boooooooooooooo

I'm cool with all the guys leaving USC getting them, but guys who leave ND should never be allowed to play again. :-)
                                                          I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

• As a part time NU fan I'm pretty pumped for this. Should make the game or two that I go to in Evanston a little more interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jerry View Post
                                                              As a part time NU fan I'm pretty pumped for this. Should make the game or two that I go to in Evanston a little more interesting.

as a die hard ND fan....i never understood how someone could root for someone else...its cheating :)

Comment

as a die hard ND fan....i never understood how someone could root for someone else...its cheating :)
                                                                Along with my Irish fanhood, I also cheer for the UT Volunteers. Not because I have a lot of respect for the school or like the color orange(it's such a hideous color), but because I go to school there and going to games is amazing with 100,000+ people in the stadium. Now granted it is with about 5% of the enthusiasm I have following the Irish, and I will never watch them over the Irish unless I unfortunately happen to be with friends watching the Vols.

I hope you don't consider me a cheater :)
                                                                The one who knocks.

Comment

• I hope you don't consider me a cheater
                                                                  Me too - I root for Air Force because I went there. When ND and AF play each other I hope for a good game, an Irish victory, and that nobody gets hurt.

Comment

• If coaches can leave one school and coach right away, players should as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                                                                      If coaches can leave one school and coach right away, players should as well.
                                                                      nope, that would ruin college football... Coaches should simply be forced to honor their contracts or be given some type of penalty for exiting out of contracts early.

Comment

professional vs. student-athlete = big difference

Comment

• Originally posted by ThePiombino View Post
                                                                          professional vs. student-athlete = big difference
                                                                          The only difference is professionals get multi million dollar contracts. These student-athletes bring in so much revenue, they should be allowed the freedom to leave without penalty. Maybe limit one immediate transfer per school, per year, per player.

Comment

I agree. Although there should be legit reasons for players leaving and going to a different school. I also feel that coaches should be subject to something too (I don't know what though) for leaving. It's such a double standard to allow one but not the other.
                                                                            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter White View Post
                                                                              Along with my Irish fanhood, I also cheer for the UT Volunteers. Not because I have a lot of respect for the school or like the color orange(it's such a hideous color), but because I go to school there and going to games is amazing with 100,000+ people in the stadium. Now granted it is with about 5% of the enthusiasm I have following the Irish, and I will never watch them over the Irish unless I unfortunately happen to be with friends watching the Vols.

I hope you don't consider me a cheater :)
                                                                              I don't consider you a cheater. I also follow the Vols, but not like I do Notre Dame..., not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by ndcoltsfan2010 View Post
                                                                                I don't consider you a cheater. I also follow the Vols, but not like I do Notre Dame..., not even close.
                                                                                I keep an eye on Rutgers and Wisconsin.

Comment

• Army for me. Grew up in a city 15 minutes from West Point

P.s. maybe someone should make this another thread

Comment

• Indiana for me, but we all know that there is really nothing to cheer for on the football field with them. However, I am torn when Notre Dame and IU play on the basketball court. I have rooted for both schools all my life.

Comment

• Seeing all of these 2022 WR from IL got me thinking about this guy and the often imperative sense of urgency that ND must sign players from the Chicago area.

What ever became of this dude?

Please tell me he shares a condo with Seantrel Henderson, because that's really the only story I want to hear.
                                                                                      It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                                        Seeing all of these 2022 WR from IL got me thinking about this guy and the often imperative sense of urgency that ND must sign players from the Chicago area.

What ever became of this dude?

Please tell me he shares a condo with Seantrel Henderson, because that's really the only story I want to hear.
                                                                                        film maker and wr coach

Comment

film maker and wr coach
                                                                                          Film maker? So SC paid off for him?
                                                                                          It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                                            Film maker? So SC paid off for him?
                                                                                            Not sure now but he went for 10 catches, 81 yards a TD against ND in 2014.

Comment

Guilty here! HEAVY ND fan AND ANYONE playing scUM! Muck fichigan!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                                Not sure now but he went for 10 catches, 81 yards a TD against ND in 2014.
                                                                                                Every WR on their roster could’ve gone for 10 catches that day. Thank God Sark called off the dogs.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                Working...
                                                                                                X