Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 IL WR Kyle Prater (Northwestern Transfer)

<font size=3><b>KYLE PRATER | Wide Receiver</b></font>

<table><tr><td width="200">Hillside, Illinois
    Proviso West

<b>Height:</b> 6'5"
    <b>Weight:</b> 205 lbs
    <b>Forty:</b> 4.56 secs
    <b>Bench:</b> 245 lbs
    <b>Squat:</b> 315 lbs
    <b>GPA:</b> 3.3</td>
    <td valign="top"><b>RANKING</b>
    Rivals: , Wide Recievers (1), National (2), Rating 6.1
    Scout: , Wide Receivers (2)
    ESPN: , Wide Receivers (8), National (43), Grade 82

<b>STATISTICS | Receiving</b>
    Junior: 60 Rec, 948 Yds, 9 TD</tr></td></table>

<b>COLLEGE CHOICES</b><table><tr><td width="125"><b>School</b></td><td width="175"><b>Interest</b></td><td width="50"><b>Offer</b></td><td width="125"><b>Visit</b></td></tr><tr><td>Southern Cal</td><td>SOFT VERBAL (9/2/2009)</td><td>Yes</td><td>None</td></tr><tr><td>Illinois</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>10/30/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Notre Dame</td><td>Medium</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/21/2009</td></tr><tr><td>Oklahoma</td><td>Low</td><td>Yes</td><td>11/27/2009</td></tr></table>
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 12-01-2009, 12:03 AM.
    sigpic Silence implies consent.

Picked up a verbal this weekend after junior day.

He is the cousin of Carlyle Holliday, former ND QB/WR.

He just won the Most Valuable Player Award for the Army National Combine. Kid looks legit, and it's nice that we have a ND tie in, plus he's in the next state. His forty time is already great, and it'll only get faster in his senior year...

Comment

Great glad to hear it This has been a good weekend. That has us at receivers and 1 o lineman right??
      Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. It’s my job to make sure we become that family.”

Comment

Nice article on him on Scout:

Scout.com: Hulbert Prodigy Prater Blowing Up

Unfortunately, Illinois is in the lead, and there was no mention of ND in the article. Doesn't mean we're not in it though, and his cousin did play for ND. But his coach is a former Illini and his best friend committed to Illinois already...

Comment

I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.

Comment

Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
            I think I read somewhere that he puts education first.
            So did Starling (LOL)...

Comment

Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
              So did Starling (LOL)...
              Isn't he majoring in anatomy? haha

Comment

Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.

Comment

Originally posted by jason_h537 View Post
                  Got an offer from USC last week. Illinois has been considered the favorite. Oklahoma is also recruiting this kid hard. Read that he and Corey Cooper are pretty close and would love to play together.
                  Depending on what you read and where you read, some people think these kids are so close they're a package deal. But from most of the articles, it sounds like they would love to play together but it's not a dealbreaker. Remember, Cooper is a soft IL verbal, so if they do want to play together it looks like it's between IL and ND. And Cooper said he might have verballed to ND on the spot had he made it to their junior day a few months back, so you know there's some big time interest there. Still a long ways to go though...

Comment

Stanford offered Cooper recently so if they want to play together that is now a third option. I tend not to buy the hype of "package deals" but it certianly couldnt hurt as a sell.

Comment

Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
                      Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$

Comment

More bad news via ESPN. Prater recently visited Oklahoma and said he was blown away by his visit. He threw in a tidbit that Illinois and Notre Dame was cool, but I don't want to be the cool school. I want to be the knock you off your butt school. Come on Prater, Carlyle loved it here!

Comment

Yeah this kid just doesn't seem that interested in being at Notre Dame. Oh well, hopefully Justin McCay gets on board. I still think some of these kids will change their mind oncewe start winning.

Comment

Pretty dissapointing article on Rivals today.
                            Prater talks about all of his offers adn especially goes into detail about USC, "USC is definitely an offer that caught my attention. I just have a feeling that I'm their type of receiver and that physically I'm similar to guys that they have had in their system in the past. I was hoping that they would come around and now that they have it's an offer I'm going to look at really hard. I know that USC will get one of my official visits for sure."

Hopefully he will change his mind when we whoop USC's a$$
                            That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...

Comment

That's actually a quote that he said a week or so ago. But yeah, that combined with the OK quote doesn't give me the fuzzy-wuzzies on him. It's a long recruiting battle with him, so I'm not even close to waving the white flag...
                              Yeah, this isn't over, yet...

Comment

It's not over till I say it's over

Comment

Originally posted by GOLDENISTHYTATE View Post
                                  More bad news via ESPN. Prater recently visited Oklahoma and said he was blown away by his visit. He threw in a tidbit that Illinois and Notre Dame was cool, but I don't want to be the cool school.

Here's Prater's quote.
                                  I really liked Oklahoma a lot. Notre Dame and Illinois were nice too, but Oklahoma really blew me away.

Was he really blown away compared to his previous visits or was it a case of the most recent visit was freshest in the mind? Like many recruits he's been impressed at a number of places. He probably got to hold a Heisman Trophy and shake the winner's hand. That would be impressive. I wouldn't be suprised if a USC visit impressed him more than OU. There aren't many palm trees or rap stars at practice in Norman. Then again their practice field doesn't get driveby shootings like USC's does on Figueroa.

Compare the Spring games results for each school, I believe Prater attended all three:
                                  • Ill Williams 13-26 150yd 0-1TD (since Williams wore a “no tackle” redshirt they didn't run their usual OPTION attack but threw – a lot!) A sight for WR to see!
                                  • OU Bradford was 11-13 97 0-1TD TEAM QBs: 23-35-263-1-3 Rushing 52 attempts for 27 yards Again a sight for a WR to see!
                                  • ND Clausen was 8-17, Team QBs 14-29 161 1-0; ND ran 59 times 67% Weis wasn't pandering to the WR.
                                  Compare the 3 coaches records at ILL, ND and OU.
                                  • Zook: 4 yrs 18-30 0.375 winning % - Only 1 coach (Gary Moeller) that coached there in the last 30 years had a worse record. Only 1 other coach that was there for more than 2 years in the past century had a worse record
                                  • Weis: 4 yrs 29-21 0.58% - Only 1 coach at ND in past 30 yrs had a worse record (Faust).
                                  • Stoops: 9 yrs 109-24 0.819% - Only 2 coaches in OU history (Switzer and Wilkerson) have better records - barely better. In 9 yrs Stoops has one NC trophy, 6 Big 12 Trophies, and 7 Big 12 South Trophies.
                                  ND and ILL have gotten how many championship trophies in that time?

ND and ILL have played in how many major bowls in that time?

OU's RECENT trophy case is impressive. So's ND's but those trophies all came BEFORE Prater was born. And OU's among the leaders in career wins and National Championships like ND.

Now consider that Carroll has an even better record than Stoops - across the board.

If Prater holds true to his schedule and makes all 5 officials AND ND gets double digit wins, ND will be in the thick of things.

I want to be the knock you off your butt school. ...

Let him come to South Bend on Oct 17th for an Official.

YouTube - We Will Rock You (Queen Rocks)

Comment

Very well done BGIF, very well done indeed.

Comment

Prater visiting Ann Arbor this weekend for Burgers in The Big House.

Comment

The only way we get this guy is if we win 10 games and show him we can let it fly consistantly which I think we should do...will we? That remains to be seen....

Comment

It'd be great if we did.

Comment

&quot;If I make a final decision to go to Illinois, I think he'll come with me,&quot;

Blue chips, friendship, scholarships
                                            Blue chips, friendship, scholarships :: FOOTBALL :: YourSeason
                                            May 30, 2009 BY TAYLOR BELL

Kyle Prater and Corey Cooper are best friends. They live in Maywood about two minutes from each other. While Cooper attends Proviso East, Prater's mother opted to send her son to Proviso West. But they see each other every day, hang out at the mall on weekends and work out every Sunday. They also are two of the top five football prospects in the Chicago area in the Class of 2010. They talk frequently about going to the same college together, and Cooper, who committed to Illinois as a sophomore, is hoping to persuade Prater to be his roommate in Champaign.
                                            "If I make a final decision to go to Illinois, I think he'll come with me," Cooper said. "It's hard to leave an in-state school. There are a lot of positives involved. The school is doing well, the program is rebuilding, the coaching is good and his family will have a chance to see him play."
                                            The 6-2, 202 FS is taking a cautious but certain route to the Illinois campus. After making his early commitment, his father advised him to visit other schools to weigh all of his options, just in case there was a coaching change or something else unforeseen. Cooper has 17 offers, including ND UTN UAZ and BC. But he insists he'll enroll at Illinois for the 2010-11 school year, that he won't waver from his earlier commitment. And he thinks he'll persuade Prater to join him. "Schools that keep the best in-state players at home, like Florida and Georgia and Texas, are dominant programs," Cooper said. "They have good teams every year. Illinois has the same opportunity if they keep the best in-state players in the state. My goal is to persuade Kyle to go to Illinois with me." Meanwhile, Prater has more than 30 offers. He likes Illinois -- his HS coach, Famous Hulbert, played there -- but he admits he likely won't commit until January or February, and national powers USC and OU definitely are included among his five finalists.
                                            "Corey and I are looking at Illinois, Notre Dame and Tennessee together," Prater said. "The recruiting process hasn't gotten crazy, but I'm trying to keep it all in perspective. I'm still trying to find out which school is best for me. If I made a decision now, it would be too soon." The 6-4, 205 WR, rated among the top 40 players in the nation by every scouting service, will narrow his list to 10 schools within the next week or two, then to five when he's ready to make official visits. This isn't the game plan he had intended. "I'm still not sure which schools I'm most comfortable with," Prater said. "I wanted to make an early commitment, like Corey did, because I didn't want it to get crazy during the season. I didn't want recruiting to interfere with my team. But I want to keep my eyes open. I want to make the right decision. I don't want to have any regrets." Prater's reputation is spreading. The longer he waits, the more big-time programs likely will express interest and make offers. To prepare for his senior season, he has gained 15 pounds, improved his explosiveness and reduced his 40-yard dash time from 4.6 seconds to 4.48. "I want to make an impact at any school I go to," he said. "I want to play in a pro-style offense where they throw the ball a lot. I want to translate my game to the NFL. I feel wherever I go, I have the athletic ability to start right away because I have worked hard for it.

Comment

Fuck Illinois i hope they suck this year and Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl. Maybe that will sway them both

Comment

Fuck Illinois i hope they suck this year and Notre Dame makes a BCS bowl. Maybe that will sway them both
                                                i believe it will. Especially if both Tate and Floyd go over 1000 yards. Looks like they want to go to school together and we're recruiting Cooper as a WR. BCS bowl would probably land both. It would be sick to land McCay, Cooper, and Prater in one year.

Comment

I really doubt we get all three but that would be something. Id be happy with McCay and Cooper. McCay is the real deal, and ithere is just somethin about Cooper i like, cant really explain it.

Comment

I really doubt we get all three but that would be something. Id be happy with McCay and Cooper. McCay is the real deal, and ithere is just somethin about Cooper i like, cant really explain it.
                                                    If we get McCay to go with Smith isn't the focus on Slot Receiver?

Comment

They want Cooper. Those three are theyre A Listers so I doubt they will pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishlew View Post
                                                        i believe it will. Especially if both Tate and Floyd go over 1000 yards. Looks like they want to go to school together and we're recruiting Cooper as a WR. BCS bowl would probably land both. It would be sick to land McCay, Cooper, and Prater in one year.
                                                        Actually, the staff is recruiting the kid as a safety. He was one of the first DB offers that went out.

And for news on Prater, being this is his recruiting thread, ESPN has posted that we are still one of the schools that he is looking at, but he seems very intrigued by Oklahoma, Michigan, and unfortunately USC.

Comment

Actually, the staff is recruiting the kid as a safety. He was one of the first DB offers that went out.

I thought I had read Cooper as a Safety as well.

Comment

And for news on Prater, being this is his recruiting thread, ESPN has posted that we are still one of the schools that he is looking at, but he seems very intrigued by Oklahoma, Michigan, and unfortunately USC.
                                                            pretty sure you're wrong. ND seems to be the only school out of his big offers that is recruiting him as a WR.

Comment

Most schools are recruiting Cooper to play safety, but Notre Dame likes him at wide receiver.

"I don't have no preference," he said. "Whichever gets me on the field the fastest."

Recruiting coordinator Rob Ianello paid a visit to Proviso East High School on Thursday to check in on Cooper, who Notre Dame is recruiting at wide receiver. Illinois and some other programs have recruited Cooper at safety.

both those quotes are from separate rival's articles, one from April and one from May.

Comment

Yeah Cooper is a wideout to the Irish.

Comment

WR Kyle Prater
                                                                  ... would like to soon trim his list to about 10 schools. Prater has visited Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Michigan, and Illinois -- all of which are likely to make the cut. "I like Oklahoma," Prater said. "I like Michigan too. I went to the barbecue they had on Saturday (at the Big House). It was real nice. I have a strong interest in USC too. Tennessee is another one I like, and Miami. There are a few others too." Prater has scholarship offers from all of the schools he mentioned. However, after he trims his list Prater has no plans to make a quick decision on his final destination. "I'm going to get it down to 10 schools sometime this month," he said. "I'm going to wait and take official visits. Not too many people take all five, but I'm going to try to take most of them or all of them." Prater will be in Champaign, Ill., on Saturday attending the Nike Football Training Camp at the University of Illinois.
                                                                  Kurelic 6/2

Comment

Apparently cut his list to 10
                                                                    Illinois
                                                                    Oklahoma
                                                                    USC
                                                                    MIchigan
                                                                    Tennessee
                                                                    Alabama
                                                                    Auburn
                                                                    Missouri
                                                                    Miami
                                                                    and Notre Dame

Comment

I haven't been following '10 recruiting very closely. Where do we stand with him? Do we have a realistic chance at landing him?
                                                                      The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

Id say he is lookin at USC Oklahoma Illinois Michigan and Notre Dame the most. At first i would have said we had a great shot but now we are in it still but not at the forefront

Comment

Id say he is lookin at USC Oklahoma Illinois Michigan and Notre Dame the most. At first i would have said we had a great shot but now we are in it still but not at the forefront
                                                                          Do we have a realistic chance or are you just wishin' and hopin'?

Any basis?

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                            Do we have a realistic chance or are you just wishin' and hopin'?

Any basis?
                                                                            IMO, it's wishin' and hopin'!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                                              IMO, it's wishin' and hopin'!
                                                                              I'm in that column. He may really like ND. I don't know. I don't get a warm fuzzy feeling from the articles or snippets. And seeing Auburn on his Top 10 doesn't inspire me either.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                This kid literally can go anywhere and has kept everything pretty close to the vest, which actually is refreshing to see from a kid. If we can somehow get Cooper to come on over to us though, we increase our chances with Prater ten-fold.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Just like with every elite oprospect we are going after this season. Our recruiting will only go as far as our success on the field. The fact that we are still on hisb radar is good at this point

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    we beat USC and we'll for sure open the eyes of these kids that are on the fence.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Irishlew View Post
                                                                                      we beat USC and we'll for sure open the eyes of these kids that are on the fence.
                                                                                      If their deciding factor is playing for a frontrunner.

If their concerned about early PT, Shaquelle Evans catching a couple of TD passes against the Trojans will close their eyes permanently.

Same for prospective LBs if Te'o, Motta, of Filer have a big game against the Trojans. "Weis really does give the younger guys a chance. Too bad, I'd have to compete with them for 3 years to get on the field."

Some players thrive on competition, other gravitate to a depth chart that's thin.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                        If their deciding factor is playing for a frontrunner.

If their concerned about early PT, Shaquelle Evans catching a couple of TD passes against the Trojans will close their eyes permanently.

Same for prospective LBs if Te'o, Motta, of Filer have a big game against the Trojans. "Weis really does give the younger guys a chance. Too bad, I'd have to compete with them for 3 years to get on the field."

Some players thrive on competition, other gravitate to a depth chart that's thin.
                                                                                        Exactly right.
                                                                                        Thats why we got burned by so many transfers in Weis's first real class.
                                                                                        The staff has done a great job of evaluated and recruiting players that want to not only compete but be a part of Notre Dame. if we lose out because he wants gauranteed playing time then i could care less, butr most of the kids that are on the fence is because they want to be part of a winning program and do not want to deal with a possible coaching change.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Told Rivals that he plans to cut list to 5

"I know definitely that Oklahoma, USC, and Illinois are definitely going to be in the top five. I'm not sure about the other two yet though."

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Prater Gets 5th Star

Rivals upgraded their Top 100 awarding Prater a 5th Star and moving him from #19 to #4 on their Top 100.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Good news! Prater told ISD that he has trimmed his list, and has a top 6 of (in no particular order): ND, OK, Tenn, USC, IL, and Alabama. He will take his OV's before making a decision...
                                                                                              Last edited by NDinL.A.; 07-23-2009, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Good news! Prater told ISD that he has trimmed his list, and has a top 6 of (in no particular order): ND, OK, Tenn, USC, IL, and Alabama. He will take his OV's before making a decision...
                                                                                                I really dont think he will end up at Tenn or Alabama. UT hasn't had good QB's since Peyton and don't look like they will pick one up this year, Alabama has an unproved QB, and even if they play Sims, he will still have frosh flaws. Haven't heard too much about USC with him. I thought I heard OU was near the front of his lists earlier in the cycle and Illinois is hometown school with his boy Cooper. Hopefully we snag Prater, add him to the list of All-American wide receivers we are getting.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I'm actually surprised we made the list. I agree with IHMM that Tenn and Bama don't seem realistic but never count out Saban.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    we talk about Prater playing along side floyd and tate, but maybe he is thinking he wants to play opposite Julio down in Tuscaloosa? Bama is certainly still in the thick of it. Tennessee is a mess recruiting QB's. so i would agree that the vols are a long shot.
                                                                                                    Traveler SUCKS!!!

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X