Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 OH OT Matt James (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 OH OT Matt James (Notre Dame Signee)

Offensive Tackle
    Cincinnati (OH) St. Xavier

Ht: 6-8
    Wt: 290
    Forty: 5.2
    Bench max: 305
    Squat max: 445
    GPA: 3.5

Ranking:
    Rivals: , #14 OT, Rating 5.9
    Scout: , #11 OT
    ESPN: , #14 OT, Grade 80

Offers:
    Ohio State (OV 12/11)
    Notre Dame (OV 1/29/10)

Cincinnati (OV 1/15/10)
    Florida (Cancelled OV 1/15/10)
    Boston College
    Clemson
    Duke
    Illinois
    Louisville
    North Carolina
    North Carolina St
    Northwestern
    Penn State
    Stanford
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia Tech
    Wisconsin

ND Recruiter: Tenuta

Decision: NSD, FEB 3
    Last edited by NDinL.A.; 02-03-2010, 12:33 PM. Reason: Decision Schedule

Likely one of the top OL prospects for 2010.

Comment

Some highlights

Matt James Video Scouting Ohio

Comment

great work socal on all of these kids. sounds like we are really going after these lineman hard. thats great news.

Comment

is it me or did they run behind him everytime. this kid is sick. good footwork and gets to the second level

Comment

this kid his huge!! and he has more time to get bigger wow!!
            irish by choice-nasty by nature

Comment

If he's a legitimate 6-8 with 2 years of HS left....damn.
              2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

St. Xavier junior OL Matt James has offers from UC, Illinois and Tennessee, St. X football coach Steve Specht said in an e-mail this afternoon.

James, who is 6 feet 7 and about 290 pounds, is one of the state's top 2010 prospects.
                Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati High School Sports | Cincinnati.Com

Comment

Visited unofficially for the Pitt game: (free) Scout.com: Recruiting week in review.

Comment

any word on how his visit went. other thanthe obvious disapointment of watching the irish lose the game

Comment

I wish I had paid attention when he came into town to play Trinity a month ago, but didn't see this thread. But their whole OL was slow I thought, and was schooled by the smaller, faster Trinity team, who won big.

Comment

Amid dozens and dozens of scholarship offers, ESPN has posted that Matt James has three favorites as of right now Ohio State, Cincinnati, and Notre dame. This is definitely a kid who is high on us.

Comment

It would be nice to get him away from tosu and the backyard of the Bearcats.

Comment

is he going to be at the Blue and Gold game? Do we know who will be there yet?

Comment

So am I reading correct here? He really doesn't have a ND offer?

Comment

Last edited by NDinL.A.; 03-17-2009, 02:12 PM. Reason: mixed up players!
                                sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

this is matt james not james hurst.
                                  Just remember your sitz im leben and it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by jjsccer2 View Post
                                    this is matt james not james hurst.
                                    OOPS! My bad. Thanks for the clarification. I'll fix it above...

Comment

Alright, I was right originally, but I got my players mixed up. But I knew he was offered, as it was fixed already in the title of the thread.

Cincinnati (Ohio) St. Xavier offensive lineman Matt James already had a very impressive scholarship offer list that included Ohio State, Florida, Michigan, Notre Dame, Tennessee, Alabama, Cincinnati, Illinois and Stanford. The list has become even more impressive in the past week.

The 6-foot-8 and 280-pound James has added scholarship offers from LSU, Penn State, Florida State and Miami.

Comment

Matt was at the open practice today. Nice news to hear from a very good recruit. He'll be tough to pull from OSU but getting him to SB is huge...

Comment

Yea that was nice to hear. He was with Lombard.

Comment

Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                            Yea that was nice to hear. He was with Lombard.
                                            Hopefully that's a good sign. I would like to land him as well as Hurst, Henderson, Linder, and well, that would give us another OL to play with.

Comment

Yea this class of OL is reminding me of a few years back where we landed Young and Co. It could be huge and it's an obvious need which recruits should see...

Comment

Matt James visited open practice and had nothing but great things to say about the experience. I'm really like our chances with him.

disclaimer: I know every recruit only has positive comments after visiting any school, but, his comments seemed uniquely positive.

Comment

Good, let's hope he's all Irish.

Comment

Its looking good. I'm feeling very good with him...No facts just a vibe...Recruits who visit for a practice b4 the spring game weekend are obviously verrrrrry interested...

Comment

lets all hope so

Comment

Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                                        Its looking good. I'm feeling very good with him...No facts just a vibe...Recruits who visit for a practice b4 the spring game weekend are obviously verrrrrry interested...
                                                        Kyle Rudolph went to the same school right? Are they friends? Will this effect his decision? I'm getting interested to see how this plays out.
                                                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IrishInFL View Post
                                                          Kyle Rudolph went to the same school right? Are they friends? Will this effect his decision? I'm getting interested to see how this plays out.
                                                          Same city, but Rudolph went to Elder. James goes to St. X.

Comment

You can bet Rudolph will def be in his ear especially with our lack of depth at the Tackle positions..

Comment

OSU boards reporting that Matt has eliminated OSU or that the OSU staff has backed off, not sure which came first... probably the former. In any case, look for a commitment to ND soon.

On a side note, it seems like Hurst has eliminated ND. Would be a fair trade if we got Hurst instead.

Comment

Blue and Gold is saying that James will be in town this week as well. Havent heard anyone else speak on this but that would be great

Comment

Haven't heard either, but that would be fantastic...

Comment

It is reported he is on campus today...not sure if it is true or not...I doubt he would commit today.
                                                                    2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                      It is reported he is on campus today...not sure if it is true or not...I doubt he would commit today.
                                                                      Can Hendrix make his first ND score?

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                        Can Hendrix make his first ND score?
                                                                        Let's hope soo!!

Comment

First ND Score = Blonde taking summer classes in the dorm?

Comment

Originally posted by WabashFalcon View Post
                                                                            First ND Score = Blonde taking summer classes in the dorm?
                                                                            I know there is a Demetrius Jones or Kyle McAlarney joke in there somewhere when talking about an ND score, but let's stick with yours.
                                                                            “We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst.” C.S. Lewis

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by GO IRISH!!! View Post
                                                                              I know there is a Demetrius Jones or Kyle McAlarney joke in there somewhere when talking about an ND score, but let's stick with yours.
                                                                              Demetrius score?

He couldn't even find the bus.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                Demetrius score?

He couldn't even find the bus.

MAN, you owe me an new keyboard. I spit water every where laughing so hard at this..

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Hendrix told Rivals that the Cincinatti area used to be a huge pipeline to Notre Dame, and he wants to help bring that back and is willing to talk to recruits like Matt James. I like QBs convincing O-linemen to come protect them for four years.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Nice lets get him to talk to Justin McCay

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I've read on 3 different sites that the visit went well. However no commit, and according to the OSU boards he'll be visiting there soon (he had that scheduled before his ND visit). I'm sure he has other visits scheduled too, but I haven't read where...

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                        I've read on 3 different sites that the visit went well. However no commit, and according to the OSU boards he'll be visiting there soon (he had that scheduled before his ND visit). I'm sure he has other visits scheduled too, but I haven't read where...
                                                                                        I'm not following you man. You talking about the big boy in the trenches? Reading this made me all sorts of confused as hell.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I'm not following you man. You talking about the big boy in the trenches? Reading this made me all sorts of confused as hell.
                                                                                          Not sure I follow you. This is Matt James' thread, so I'm talking about his visit...

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                            Not sure I follow you. This is Matt James' thread, so I'm talking about his visit...
                                                                                            For some reason, I was thinking you were thinking Hendrix. I think.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              For some reason, I was thinking you were thinking Hendrix. I think.

It's the Purple Haze.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Or a little mushroom tea perhaps?
                                                                                                sigpic

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  TIFWIW....But it seems a lot of people are convinced he's about ready to pop for ND very soon, hinting at before he leaves campus. again just passing exciting info, don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    How long is he on campus for? I only recently read that he was gonna be there but didnt even know he was currently on campus

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X