Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 IL OT Christian Lombard (Notre Dame Signee)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 IL OT Christian Lombard (Notre Dame Signee)

Offensive Tackle
    Palatine, IL Fremd HS

Ht: 6-5
    Wt: 290
    Forty: 5.4
    Vertical: 24
    Shuttle: 4.8
    GPA: 3.0

Ranking
    Rivals: ; Offensive Tackle (57), Rating 5.8
    Scout: ; Offensive Guard (1)
    ESPN: , #20 OT, Grade 79

Honors:
    USA All-American Bowl

Offers:
    Notre Dame
    Purdue
    Stanford
    Wisconsin
    Michigan
    Nebraska
    Iowa
    Illinois
    North Carolina
    Arizona
    Duke

ND Recruiter: Rob Ianello

Decision: 1/3/09 ND Verbal
    Last edited by BGIF; 01-15-2010, 01:35 AM. Reason: Ranking

Rumor has it this kid has been offered per scout, and he's from IL. Not a lot of info available, but I'll keep updating once I learn more... oh, I almost forgot, he also plays OT.

Comment

Is it even possible to offer 2010 recruits yet?
      2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

This just in... rumor has it that some people are not sure if it is possible to offer 2010 recruits, will keep you all updated shortly.

Comment

They cannot give written offers until September 1st of their Junior year. I would assume it was a verbal offer then. He attended ND's camp a week or so ago as well.

Comment

Updated with a little, not a lot though, info

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
              Is it even possible to offer 2010 recruits yet?
              yes but this point it is only a verbal offer. written offers for 2010 recruits can go out Sept 1st. I believe this is the second verbal offer for the 2010 class.

also, Christian was on campus in early April for a Junior day. The visit went well. I believe he also attended the early June camp. Given his proximity, let's hope more visits are in store.
              Last edited by SoCalDomer; 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDomer View Post
                yes but this point it is only a verbal offer. written offers for 2010 recruits can go out Sept 1st. I believe this is the second verbal offer for the 2010 class.

also, Christian was on campus in early April for a Junior day. The visit went well. I believe he also attended the early June camp. Given his proximity, let's hope more visits are in store.
                Who is the other verbal offer?

Comment

http://www.irishenvy.com/forums/2010...henderson.html

Comment

Rumor has it it is some OL from Minnesotate by the name of Seantrel Henderson, I would ask SoCalDomer about it

Comment

rumor has it wwb is a gossip queen hahahahahah just messin with ya man

Comment

Rumor has it irishmarine thinks she is funny

Comment

ND sent Christian a written offer this week.

Comment

According to the announcers of the AAB game, Lombard's verbaled ND.

Comment

Committed today at the Army AA game - Per Scout
                              Mommy's Little Monster

Comment

Official:

Scout.com: Notre Dame Gets First Commitment in 2010!

Comment

welcome aboard!

Comment

Great prospect. Heres' to adding Henderson, and hurst as well.

Comment

Big Offensive tackle pickup!! We are in dire need of a top tackle to come aboard...Been hearing great things about him..I heard he was in consideration to being the MVP of the juniors in San Antonio..pretty good for an o-lineman...he has 5 star potential...I am very excited about this commit at a position of definite NEED!! He could start as a true freshman..heard he was that good..

Comment

woaw great way to start a recruiting class, I feel this class is gonna be a good one

Comment

Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                          Big Offensive tackle pickup!! We are in dire need of a top tackle to come aboard...Been hearing great things about him..I heard he was in consideration to being the MVP of the juniors in San Antonio..pretty good for an o-lineman...he has 5 star potential...I am very excited about this commit at a position of definite NEED!! He could start as a true freshman..heard he was that good..
                                          Scout has him as the 5th best prospect in 2010 at this time. He's the #2 OL/OT, Henderson is #1.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                            Scout has him as the 5th best prospect in 2010 at this time. He's the #2 OL/OT, Henderson is #1.
                                            That's great! Of course, he just screwed up his star rating by committing to us. He'll be a 4-star before you know it.
                                            sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

Awesome...finally someone to protect the blind side
                                              2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                Awesome...finally someone to protect the blind side
                                                Actually, I believe he'll be a RT if we land Henderson as well. Henderson has better feet from what I understand so he'll be in charge of protecting the blind side.

Comment

I'm sure this made Dayne Crist very happy. If we can get Henderson, we won't have to worry about offensive tackle for quite some time. I can't wait to see what the 2010 class is going to look like in the end. I think we'll be going head to head with Texas for the #1 class in the country next year (there is a ton of talent in the 2010 class from the Lone Star state).
                                                  The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

if henderson commits as well we might actually have two starting frosh offensive tackles since we both lose young and whoever will play lt to the the draft/graduation next year

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                                                      if henderson commits as well we might actually have two starting frosh offensive tackles since we both lose young and whoever will play lt to the the draft/graduation next year
                                                      I think there is a better chance of Romine starting at LT and Dever at RT in 2010. They both will be seniors at that point (redshirt juniors if you will), but no doubt it will be a nice problem to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny View Post
                                                        I think there is a better chance of Romine starting at LT and Dever at RT in 2010. They both will be seniors at that point (redshirt juniors if you will), but no doubt it will be a nice problem to have.
                                                        yea i think your right. We have a lot of quality guys above them, if they want to start they will definately have to fight for it. Romine was a really good prospect coming out of Ok. in hs, so i think he will get the start soon enough, prolly next year if Turkovich is gone. Got some PT this year.

With all that being said, welcome to the ND family Christian!

Comment

with a name like christian he was destined to be irish, glad we got him and great way to start the class

Comment

Welcome to Notre Dame! Great to have this kid.
                                                            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

Profile updated.

Comment

Lost 5th Star on Scout. Just under a 5 Star now. Let the banter begin....

Comment

Well that didn't take long did it?

Comment

he'll be down to a 2 star guy by NSD

Comment

At least maybe his ranking won't go to his head (Omar Hunter...I'm looking at you!)
                                                                      2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                        At least maybe his ranking won't go to his head (Omar Hunter...I'm looking at you!)
                                                                        i heard Lombard loves screen plays...

Comment

Originally posted by tko View Post
                                                                          i heard Lombard loves screen plays...
                                                                          ...and dive blocking...
                                                                          We make men without chests and expect from them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honor and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. C.S. Lewis

Comment

It should also be noted he is now listed as a guard not a tackle.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by The Polish Irishman View Post
                                                                              It should also be noted he is now listed as a guard not a tackle.
                                                                              4 Star #1 G at Scout

3 Star NR OT at Rivals
                                                                              Last edited by BGIF; 05-21-2009, 09:00 AM. Reason: corrected Scout ranking and added Position Ranking

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                                                5 Star G at Scout

3 Star OT at Rivals
                                                                                I guess he should play guard, huh? :)

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by irish4ever View Post
                                                                                  I guess he should play guard, huh? :)
                                                                                  On the Scout team or the Varsity?

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    4 Star on Scout

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      That is a big disparity between the two sites. I understand they have him at different positions but still, What gives?

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Lemming has him as #30 in the nation

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Profile updated.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Profile Updated

Rivals now has him as 3 Star, #57 OT with a 5.7 Rating previously he was unranked.
                                                                                            Scout has him as 4 Star, #1 OG
                                                                                            ESPN has him on their 150 WatchList

Lombard's got some fine offers including UNC, where Hurst committed, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, Nebraska. He had a bunch of early offers as a Junior camping at Michigan and ND but he verballed very early to ND way back on January 3, 2009. He hasn't been out on the camp or combine circuit generating ink.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Lombard HS All-American

Sporting News College Football '09 selected ND verbal Christian Lombard as one of the 5 OLs on their HS All-America Team.

The other OLs are Henderson, Irwin, Kohler, and Hopkins.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Was at the game yesterday....He had his picture taken with the Miller High Life Guy...sweet

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  For everyone who has DirecTV. Christian Lombard was on The Lemming Report on CBS College Sports Network.

He looks like a good kid and talked about how Notre Dame just felt right and the players and coaches are genuione people. It was nice to see him getting some love. He is often forgotten in this class and extremely underrated

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Lombard Adds All-American Honor

IrishIllustrated.com - Lombard lands All-American honor

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X