Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'10 CA QB Nick Montana (Washington Commit)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '10 CA QB Nick Montana (Washington Commit)

Nick Montana - QB (NA/NA)
    Oaks Christian (Sherman Oaks, CA)

Schools of Interest:
    Notre Dame

Combine
    Forty:
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA:

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Statistics
    2006 -
    2007 -
    2008 -
    2009 -

Rankings & Accolades
    2006 -
    2007 -
    2008 -
    2009 -

Multimedia & Resource Links
    ESPN Video - Montana's Sons Follow in His Footsteps
    Last edited by SoCalDomer; 09-08-2008, 05:34 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Reserved for photos
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Nick is the 2nd of Joe Montana's sons.

Comment

How is he doing out there? I am figuring that the league that De La Salle is in is sort of tough

Comment

Originally posted by Sureal View Post
          How is he doing out there? I am figuring that the league that De La Salle is in is sort of tough
          I'm hearing he plans on transferring from DeLa Salle.

If Montana's son does transfer, Newbury Park might be in the mix
          By Rhiannon Potkey
          Thursday, July 3, 2008

Based on genetics alone, Gary Fabricius wouldn't mind if the rumor became a reality.

But the Newbury Park High football coach isn't having a Panthers jersey printed just yet.

Nicholas Montana, the youngest son of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, was spotted on Newbury Park's campus this week.

The 6-foot-2 junior quarterback is supposedly considering a transfer from Concord De La Salle, and was exploring his Ventura County options.
          Link

Comment

shockingly enough ive heard that he is really interested in southern cal

Comment

I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I bet he's really interested in the Irish too.
              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Penn St. hater View Post
                I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say that I bet he's really interested in the Irish too.
                Him transferring from De La Salle doesn't reflect well on him imho. Sounds like another preferred walk-on if he wanted to go to ND. No disrespect toward the young man, but i don't think he has the talent to play D1 ball. I'm sure someone will offer him much like Jack Elway was with ASU, but he won't see any playing time.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultimate Penn St. hater View Post
                  unfortunatly an article that came out on Nate a few months ago noted Nick was a USC fan. so the interest level might be just out of familiarity with ND because of his dad, sister and now his brother.
                  Last edited by SoCalDomer; 07-07-2008, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBuffs99 View Post
                    Him transferring from De La Salle doesn't reflect well on him imho. Sounds like another preferred walk-on if he wanted to go to ND. No disrespect toward the young man, but i don't think he has the talent to play D1 ball. I'm sure someone will offer him much like Jack Elway was with ASU, but he won't see any playing time.
                    actually this is probably more a factor of the type of offense de La Salle runs. they focus more on the run than pure pocket passing.

and as far as playing time, that's pretty ignorant (meaning without knowledge) since alot can happen from now until the time he finishes college.

Comment

Football: Montana's son will transfer to Oaks Christian
                      The competition to be the starting quarterback at Oaks Christian is about to get real interesting.

Nicholas Montana, a 6-foot-2 junior who's the son of Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana, intends to transfer to Oaks Christian, according to Steve Clarkson, his private quarterback coach.

Montana was a backup last season at Concord De La Salle. The family traveled to Ventura County recently looking for a house and considered enrolling Nicholas at Newbury Park.

His arrival at Oaks Christian comes at a time when the Lions named St. Bonaventure transfer Tony Macarena as the starter after a six-way competition.

Montana is the fourth transfer at the QB position and it could produce an exodus of those who lose out.

Who will start? "Best guy plays," Coach Bill Redell said.

-- Eric Sondheimer
                      from LA Times blog: Varsity Times Insider | Football: Southland's top two pass-catchers prepare for decision | Los Angeles Times
                      Last edited by SoCalDomer; 07-08-2008, 08:57 PM.

Comment

is he still a usc guy>?

Comment

Article on Nick Montana and Wayne Gretzky's son and Will Smith's son all playing football at Oaks Christian

Great expectations - Yahoo! Sports

Oaks Christian coach's comment from the article:

At 6 feet 2 inches, he’s already taller than his father, and Redell predicts his newest quarterback will develop into a “big-time” Division I college prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                            Article on Nick Montana and Wayne Gretzky's son and Will Smith's son all playing football at Oaks Christian
                            What about DJ Jazzy Jeff's kid?
                            Last edited by SoCalDomer; 07-18-2008, 10:12 AM. Reason: fixed the quote
                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

he was shot in a drive by back in philly. those couple of guys were up to no good, always starting trouble in the neighborhood....

Comment

got in one little fight and mom got scared....

Comment

Thank god he moved to Bellaire

Comment

Did he whistle for a cab?

Comment

yeah. the license plate said FRESH and it had a dice in the mirror.

Comment

Did he think that he was rare?

Comment

What time did he pull up to the house?

Comment

7 or 8

Comment

you guys crack me up.

sorry for interrupting the flow. carry-on

Comment

i have created a monster...

Comment

Because no one is posting about Montana no more they want Shady he's chopped liver...

LOL

I'm done... The season needs to start.

Comment

Nick is presently battling for the starter's role at his new school Oaks Christian. While Nick was the starter for JV at DeLaSalle, he transfered to Oaks Christian because the offense is more pass oriented than DLS's

Also believed to have received a verbal offer from Stanford recently.

Comment

New news on NICK MONTANA...

Nick has transfered to Oaks Christian in Thousand Oaks.

He started his first varsity game last Friday (09/05/08) against Bakersfield Christian.

Oaks won 35-7.

If I remember right, Nick was 7/10 for 143 yards passing. Ran a nice 30-40 run that turned the game around.

Nick played opposite of KEVEN CARR (little bro of David CARR).

While Oaks lead the game at all times, the 1st half ended with Bakersfield quickly gaining the momentum and closed the score 14-7. The begining of the second half saw Bakersfield shut Oaks down and the climax of the game was when Bakersfield play stumbled 1 yard short of 6 points (middle of 3rd quarter). I say that this was the climax as the Oaks parents were showing real fear that the momentum of the game had changed. As a nuetral viewer who came to see relatives of famous people play (Will Smith and Wayne Gretzky's kids play on the JV team at Oaks...), I will say that they were scared and Oaks had a serious problem brewing.

Of course, Nick handed the ball right a few times, then faked right and ran left, and more left as he ran for about 40 yards...and that led to 6 more points. Momentum squashed, and Bakersfield colapsed like a house of cards.

Seriously, the game was a lot better than the score lets on...

This meeting may occur again in the CIF Post-season:
                                                      1) Oaks should cruise to a league championship and on to CIF playoffs

2) Bakersfield Christian has a more difficult league to play in (they have Tehachapi and Taft to play against...) but if Kevin Carr and his recievers get a little better...the running game will do a lot better. Oaks was able to contain the runing game, so Bakersfield threw a lot. Carr was 26/46 for something like 285 yards.

I would love to see this rematch...

And Joe was there in the stands, cheering his son and the rest of the kids playing...and that was pretty cool to see ol joe in B-town!

Oaks dominated the

Comment

Mr. Montana is indeed an Oaks Christian Lion, can someone change his HS in the first post please?

Thanks!

Comment

I don't think Nick would come to ND if was offered the same situation as his brother. I keep hearing how he likes USC...but it is still good to see a Montana doing well in football
                                                          Last edited by NDame77; 09-08-2008, 07:38 PM.

Comment

Running back Malcolm Jones gained 178 yards in 18 carries for No. 9 Westlake Village Oaks Christian (4-0) during a 45-0 victory over host West Hills Chaminade (1-2). Quarterback Nick Montana completed 11 of 19 passes for 250 yards and two touchdowns with one interception for the Lions. . . .
                                                            LA Times 9/27/08

Nick is being counted among the top Jr QBs in So Cal.

Comment

Just the thought of a Montana playing QB at SC makes me ill.

Comment

Originally posted by NDame77 View Post
                                                                I don't think Nick would come to ND if was offered the same situation as his brother. I keep hearing how he likes USC...but it is still good to see a Montana doing well in football
                                                                I agree with you that Nick won't come here with the same offer his brother was given; however, these are two entirely two different situations.
                                                                From what I remember, Nate Montana did not play much in high school due to the style of offense at his school. Nick is a legitimate starter at a passing school. He is going to get plenty of offers barring no unfortunate injuries.

Comment

Montana Making Name for Himself
                                                                  By Brandon Huffman
                                                                  West Recruiting Manager
                                                                  Posted Oct 17, 2008

The name has a familiar ring, epecially for a quarterback. But Nick Montana, the 6-2, 180-pound junior from Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian, is making a name for himself as a legitimate college prospect, with one offer from a Pac-10 school and plenty of interest from programs around the country...

Westlake Village (Calif.) Oaks Christian quarterback Nick Montana (6-2, 185) has fit in just fine with the Lions offense. The junior quarterback has helped the Lions to a 5-0 record in 2008, despite rarely playing in the second half of what ends up being routs.

“It’s always great winning, but when you pull out at halftime, or before halftime, it gets a little frustrating, because you practice all week and want to keep playing. But we’re winning so that’s what matters,” said Montana.

And Montana knows a thing or two about winning, with Nick’s father, Joe, having won four Super Bowl titles with the San Francisco 49ers.

Now the younger Montana is finally getting to lead an offense of his own, and the Lions are prohibitive favorites to win yet another CIF-SS title.

The rapid development of Montana has also gotten his name added to the list of the top quarterbacks in the class of 2010. Stanford has already offered Montana, with several more schools in contact with him.

“UCLA, Oregon, Arizona, a lot of Pac-10 schools, have been talking with me,” Montana said. “A bunch of people are thinking I’m stuck on Notre Dame, too, because my dad went there and my brother is going there right now, and I’m pretty interested in them. But there are a lot of SEC schools I’m interested in, like Alabama and Tennessee and Big 12 schools like Oklahoma and Texas.”

In other words, Montana has a wide range of schools he’s interested in, and is in no real rush to make a decision.
                                                                  more (free): Scout.com: Montana Making Name for Himself

Comment

hey at least he said he is pretty interested in us. from what i thought i had heard he wasnt really into nd at all and really loved usc so im glad to see that we can get our name in there too

Comment

Pretty unlikely SC offers Montana, their #1 QB target will likely be Pete Thomas from the San Diego area

Comment

great then let him come here and redshirt then turn the college football world on its head

Comment

god i hope we get him.....
                                                                          I heard it from a reliable source.

Comment

Went to the Oaks Christian vs. Morro Bay game tonight. An away game for Oaks Christian, semifinal State Championship game. Oaks Christian dominated rushing it down Morro Bay throats all night. The team rushed for most of the game and once they were up then never looked back. Morro Bay only passed twice and tried to rush even though they were down so it was over before it began.

Nick looked really good, I don't know the exact stats but I'm sure he was 75percent completions on 20 or so attempts......1 interception, maybe 100 yards. They took him out with about 3 minutes to go in the game and let Macarena get some scrub time. I did notice he had a lot of maturity, seemed like a real leader on the field. His passes were all very good looking. Great velocity, great arm strength. Besides the 1 interception he forced he made some great passes on the run. It was awesome.

Oaks also has 2 stud tackles I was impressed with that are Class of 2010 as well. Erik Kohler and Cassius Marsh(kicked out of game for unsportsmanlike in the 3rd quarter) both 6'6 275, just beasts. Pushed guys around all night....

Joe was there(1st half up in the video booth on top of press box, 2nd half down on the field pretty much coaching Nick).
                                                                            Last edited by chyrspchuck; 12-07-2008, 06:25 AM.
                                                                            I heard it from a reliable source.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              The Montana kid is up to 5 offers: South Carolina, Maryland, Arizona, Stanford, and LSU, according to scout.

There are mixed reviews about the kid out here, and I have mixed reviews as well. He puts up good numbers, but he's from the same school as Jimmy, where they don't play a super hard schedule (esp when JC was there), and he has behemoth linemen in front of him, and so he doesn't get touched. JC got sacked what, 4 times in 4 years??? It's like playing passing league for these guys. And I love Jimmy, don't get me wrong. But he faced a whole new world when he got behind a line that actually made him get rod of the ball before 20 friggin' seconds (or in last year's case, 2 seconds). So it's tough to tell with him. this summer and fall will tell a lot, in those rare games where he plays some tough comp...
                                                                              sigpic Silence implies consent.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by NDinL.A. View Post
                                                                                The Montana kid is up to 5 offers: South Carolina, Maryland, Arizona, Stanford, and LSU, according to scout.

There are mixed reviews about the kid out here, and I have mixed reviews as well. He puts up good numbers, but he's from the same school as Jimmy, where they don't play a super hard schedule (esp when JC was there), and he has behemoth linemen in front of him, and so he doesn't get touched. JC got sacked what, 4 times in 4 years??? It's like playing passing league for these guys. And I love Jimmy, don't get me wrong. But he faced a whole new world when he got behind a line that actually made him get rod of the ball before 20 friggin' seconds (or in last year's case, 2 seconds). So it's tough to tell with him. this summer and fall will tell a lot, in those rare games where he plays some tough comp...
                                                                                He sure paid his dues last year though huh!!
                                                                                Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Imagined conversation around the Montana dinner table:

Joe: "So... Nick... where do you want to play football next year?"

Nick: Fumbles with peas, pushing it around his plate

Joe: "I said... where are you going to go to school next year?"

Nick: "Uhh... U....sc"

Joe: "What was that?"

Nick: "USC"

Joe: "You BETTER FUCKING mean South Carolina you little bitch."

Nick: "No... umm... California"

Joe: "REALLY?"

Nick: "Yes."

Joe: "I... HAVE NO SON!!!"

Nate walks in, wearing ND jersey, smiling brightly

Nate: "Hi Daddy!"

Joe: "Hello spawn of my loins who has very little quarterback ability but chose the correct institution to attain academic enrichment for the rest of his life. I love you."

Nate and Joe embrase, Nick slits his wrists with his own butter knife, applies Emo makeup. Attends USC
                                                                                  Last edited by WabashFalcon; 01-30-2009, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    oh my god that was fucking hilarious

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                                                                      oh my god that was fucking hilarious
                                                                                      Why, a thank ya sir!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Grows his hair. Rasta style. NDOM is his hairdresser.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                                                                                          Grows his hair. Rasta style. NDOM is his hairdresser.
                                                                                          Thats funny. But on a serious note, we have GOT to stop giving scholarships to these no names with 1 or 2 stars. Just cuz his name is Montana doesnt mean he should get a scholly. We need to give those out to the players that will stand a chance to play for christ sake.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDOM View Post
                                                                                            ... But on a serious note....
                                                                                            Yeah O.K.

Come up with a good offense, and ND wins.

Quit recruiting USC dancegirls. I have a job offer for you at ND.

Pays 25, and daily flesh.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by NeuteredDoomer View Post
                                                                                              Yeah O.K.

Come up with a good offense, and ND wins.

Quit recruiting USC dancegirls. I have a job offer for you at ND.

Pays 25, and daily flesh.
                                                                                              Yur friggen hilarious doomer! lol

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Just offered by Ohio State. Take it fwiw.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Nick is taking an official visit to Ohio State this weekend...

"I talked to coach (Jim) Tressel last week. That was exciting. He is definitely an impressive coach. His record speaks for itself."

"Coach Tressel said I am their guy," Montana said. "He said until I make a decision they are only recruiting me."

"I am very, very interested in Ohio State," he said. "I can assure you Ohio State is right at the top and will continue to be. They will always be up there."

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I dont want them, let him go somewhere cool like hawaii, let him be colt 2.0, that would be nice.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X