Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 IN OT Zack Martin (Notre Dame Man)

Zach Martin - Offensive Tackle (6'5";270lbs)
    Bishop Chatard HS (Indianapolis, IN)

Combine
    Forty: 5.1 seconds
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: 330 pounds
    Squat Max: 450 pounds
    Shuttle: N/A
    Vertical: N/A
    GPA: 3.3

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Rankings and Accolades
    - Rivals offensive tackles 2009 (18)
    - Rivals Indiana Preseason (1)
    - Rivals OL Rankings 2009: Best athlete (4)

Statistics
    N/A

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Michigan
    Northwestern
    Stanford

Multimedia
    N/A
    Last edited by Whiskeyjack; 04-29-2014, 10:42 AM.

Zach Received an offer today. I don'y know much about him other than he is a punishing run blocker.

Comment

'09 IN OT Zach Martin (Official Offer)

Meow
      Last edited by Jason Pham; 05-30-2008, 11:23 AM.

Comment

Reserved

Comment

Would be nice to land the BEST players from Indiana. I really hope that Zach commits to the Irish!

Comment

ND=NC said this kid committed to UCLA.
            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
              ND=NC said this kid committed to UCLA.
              I don't think Zach has an offer from UCLA yet.

Comment

Your right JPham, I misread the thread by ND=NC. My bad.
                Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

My bad, ND=NC has a profile on the kid already. Merging threads now.

Comment

Martin will be on campus tomorrow:

“Yea, I’m visiting Notre Dame tomorrow,” said Zach Martin. “I wanted to go up there and talk with the coaches some more and get to know more about Notre Dame. I was up there last summer, and I was also there for the USC game, but I didn’t get to speak much with the coaches. I spoke to them briefly, and I did speak with them when I got offered, but I don’t know as much about Notre Dame right now. I know they have a great tradition there and great academics.

“I’ve been talking to coach Parmalee, my recruiting coach, and we’re just going to tour the campus and get to know the coaches and get a better feel for the place.”

Martin also has a few traveling companions on this trip.

“Both my mom and my dad are coming with me,” he said. “They’re looking forward to it.”
                    more (free) Scout.com: Martin to be in South Bend Today

Comment

thats great. anytime parents come along i feel better about it and the kid.

Comment

You and I both. The parents are a good hook to bring their kids to Notre Dame.

Comment

hell yeah, parents care about education more so than kids usually but its good to make it a family event

Comment

Reports after yesterdays visit are that it went well, both he and his parents were impressed.

They met with coaches, the academic support staff, and most imporantly with the incoming 2008 freshman football players. The players were on campus for the start of summer classes and practice.

Martin said he still plans on making additional visits before deciding, hopefully by the end of the summer.

Comment

The Irish will need to keep in close contact with Zach who has a visit to Michigan scheduled soon.

The 6-5, 270-pound Martin, a four-star recruit and No. 18-ranked lineman by rivals.com, has whittled his choices to Illinois, Kentucky, Michigan, Notre Dame and Virginia. He has taken unofficial visits to his finalists.

"I'm going to try to have a decision made before the season, but I don't want to rush it,'' Martin said. "I had a good feeling about all of those schools."
                              Decision time is getting close | IndyStar.com | The Indianapolis Star

Comment

Originally posted by goldandblue View Post
                                You and I both. The parents are a good hook to bring their kids to Notre Dame.
                                Just so you know, they are both huge UK fans first and foremost. They bleed Blue and White. Dad was a football player there in the 80's, and played with two UK coaches, including soon to be HC Joker Phillips. They are all still very close friends. Dad also met his wife there, who was a UK trainer and student. They still have season tix to UK football games, and Zach goes with them. Coaches there have informed Zach will will be a 3 year starter at UK.

Having said all that, he loved his visit to UM, so much that he is going back for another look. He is expected to announce in the next few weeks, so that's a bad sign.

I thought he was a mortal lock for UK for the last year, but now I don't know.

Comment

man its not looking good for us with the tackles this year. im still holding out hope for at least one to come home to notre dame but i just dont know...

Comment

Detroit Free Press is reporting this morning that Zach will be visiting Michigan, and it is his last visit before he chooses a school. This is the third time he has visited Ann Arbor, but he has also visited ND.

Not sure how we look with this one, but as a school you always hope to get the kid to commit after he visits, and I think he might be a Michigan lean. Once their crappy season starts, he will become a soft verbal and then finally sign to ND.

Comment

Originally posted by WeisWeisBaby View Post
                                      Detroit Free Press is reporting this morning that Zach will be visiting Michigan, and it is his last visit before he chooses a school. This is the third time he has visited Ann Arbor, but he has also visited ND.

Not sure how we look with this one, but as a school you always hope to get the kid to commit after he visits, and I think he might be a Michigan lean. Once their crappy season starts, he will become a soft verbal and then finally sign to ND.
                                      Michigan can have the worst year and I doubt they would lose many recruits. Recruits understand that the first year will be a growing pain, especially with a dramatic change in systems like the one Michigan will be going through. Coaches will be able to sell loses as "we need players who fit our system."

Comment

Not when they lose every single game, now that is tough!

Comment

We really need to keep a lock down on Indiana Kids. i mean, if we cant keep them in our own state, it looks pretty bad on us for our recruits that are out of state. I just hope he sees through all that Rich has to offer, such as great morals and high standards of recruiting the best quality people AKA Noel Devine (Sarcasm Implied). Notre Dame recruits quality kids that are not going to lose half of their class due to run ins with the law or academic failure. One knee injury, and footballs done. One Notre Dame degree=Lifetime Success. Sorry to ramble, but it just sometimes amazes me at when young recruits buy into so many lies from some college recruiters.

Comment

II has a story about Martin making a visit to ND over the weekend. Did I miss something?

Comment

Yes. he spent the night at ND, hung out with the incoming freshman and other players. He also has a visit to Michigan in the works two weeks from now.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalDomer View Post
                                                Yes. he spent the night at ND, hung out with the incoming freshman and other players. He also has a visit to Michigan in the works two weeks from now.
                                                Oh, okay. I thought his Michigan visit was this week (and I was pretty nervous about that one), but that Rivals article seemed pretty positive about Martin and ND.

Comment

Still don't rule out UK. He said he doesn't need to take visits there since they have season tickets and has been hanging out with their program quite a bit over the years.

The UK fan general wisdom is that he'd love to go there, unless he sees something better at UM or ND, which is why he's still visiting those schools. Just because UM is his last visit doesn't mean he is going there to commit, just that he's getting his last looks in. So, it could still be UK, who is actually having the best recruiting class in my memory this season.

Comment

and didnt both of parents go there or have ties there too

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                                                      Oh, okay. I thought his Michigan visit was this week (and I was pretty nervous about that one), but that Rivals article seemed pretty positive about Martin and ND.
                                                      he was supposed to visit Um this last weekend, but he canceled that visit and instead visited ND. Don't know if you can read too much into that since he still is planning on visiting UM again, but this was def a good development for us.

Comment

Originally posted by WeisWeisBaby View Post
                                                        Not when they lose every single game, now that is tough!
                                                        We started 1-9 last year, and recruiting seems to be going pretty well this year. Just sayin'.
                                                        2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by irishmarine View Post
                                                          and didnt both of parents go there or have ties there too

Yes, from post # 17 above, about the parents

"Just so you know, they are both huge UK fans first and foremost. They bleed Blue and White. Dad was a football player there in the 80's, and played with two UK coaches, including soon to be HC Joker Phillips. They are all still very close friends. Dad also met his wife there, who was a UK trainer and student. They still have season tix to UK football games, and Zach goes with them. Coaches there have informed Zach will will be a 3 year starter at UK."

Comment

Why would anyone go to UK over ND and at the very least UM... Perish the thought.

Comment

Originally posted by phork View Post
                                                              Why would anyone go to UK over ND and at the very least UM... Perish the thought.
                                                              Especially being from the central part of Indiana! :)

Comment

I like our chances right now. After having a good visit and spending time w the ND players, he has an established rapport. Even w his last visit to Umich, we have set the bar, and umich will have to beat that, sounds like. Kind a ;ole standing on 18 in Black jack and the dealer has a 15 & will take another card. Can't do any thing about that last card, just know you played you hand pretty well.

Comment

A few UK insiders are now saying that UK doesn't think he is coming to UK. A connection to Chuck Smith, who just happens to be Martin's recruiting coach at UK, thinks he is going to Michigan or Notre Dame, and currently leaning toward UM right now.

I trust this info since Martin is in the UK family and would shoot straight with them, and not BS them. Plus, Urban Meyer isn't invloved, so credibilty goes up for that reason alone.

Comment

ND verbal per Scout.

Comment

per rivals as well.....moooove em on up!
                                                                      It's up to us to show them what we've got. Let's get down to business and carry the mail~Knute Rockne

Comment

Welcome to the family, Zach!

Comment

i seen it on blue n gold too. welcome to the family zach!!
                                                                          irish by choice-nasty by nature

Comment

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet

Comment

• #39
                                                                              dude
                                                                              irish by choice-nasty by nature

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Cool. OT and IN guy. The article said Cave helped again too. He hasn't even started his freshman year, and he's been a HUGE recruiting help. Thumbs up to Braxton and welcome Zach.
                                                                                Last edited by Junkhead; 07-20-2008, 10:03 PM.
                                                                                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Another quality Hoosier - welcome, Zach.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Yes! Congrats Zach! Thanks for the assist Braxton!
                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Welcome to ND Zach
                                                                                      GO IRISH!

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        today is the greatest day so far. my skins got jason taylor and we got another commit this is great

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          welcome to the fam zack

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Welcome to the ND family Zach! He is a great pickup. really glad to see our instate kids stay right here. Also heard some great news on the zeke motta front, saying he was for sure visiting Notre Dame, but we are the only one off his list of schools he is positive about visiting right now. And he wants to enroll early. All seems very positive for him as of right now. But still today has gone real well, picking up an amazing lineman at a very much needed position.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Thanks IrishAddiction.
                                                                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                                                Cool. OT and IN guy. The article said Cave helped again too. He hasn't even started his freshman year, and he's been a HUGE recruiting help. Thumbs up to Braxton and welcome Zach.
                                                                                                Ditto! It's great to win out over scUM on any recruit, but especially a lineman from IN. Welsome aboard Zach!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                                                  Whenever Cave finishes up his football career, he probably has a job as a recruiter for ND. All these quality linemen are great!
                                                                                                  Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Cave has exhibited tremendous leadership qualities.... I may be getting ahead of myself here, but I can him being named a future team captain before his career is over at ND....

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X