Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 IN ATH Tyler Eifert (ND Verbal 7/8/08)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • '09 IN ATH Tyler Eifert (ND Verbal 7/8/08)

    Tyler Eifert - Athlete (6'6";220lbs)
    Bishop Dwenger HS (Fort Wayne, IN)

    Combine
    Forty: 4.51 seconds
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: N/A
    Squat Max: N/A
    Shuttle: N/A
    Vertical: N/A
    GPA: N/A

    Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

    Rankings and Accolades
    - Scout tight ends 2009 (17)
    - Rivals tight ends 2009 (23)
    - Rivals Indiana preseason 2009 (9)
    - 1st Team All-Area
    - 1st Team Junior All-State

    Statistics
    2007
    - Offense: 30 Rec; 594 YDs; 4 TDs
    - Defense: 40 Tck; 3 Int

    Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Verbal Commitment)
    Cincinnati
    Indiana
    Minnesota
    Purdue
    Vanderbilt
    Wake Forest

    Multimedia
    N/A
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 07-13-2008, 05:05 PM.

  • #2
    reserved for photos/multimedia

    Comment


    • #3
      Tyler has received some interest from ND of late. He is the teammate of 2008, incoming recruit John Goodman. Tyler plays WR and CB.

      He was at the B&G game this past weekend and plans on camping at ND in June.
      Last edited by SoCalDomer; 04-21-2008, 04:29 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        I believe Polian will be visiting him this week.

        Comment


        • #5
          He will likely be camping at ND this summer in June.

          Comment


          • #6
            Top Sleeper

            Tyler Eifert (6-5, 215), Tight end
            (Fort Wayne, Ind./Bishop Dwenger)
            Reminiscent of Indianapolis Colts TE Dallas Clark, Eifert may be falling under the national radar because he is a tweener currently lacking the great bulk to project well as an in-line tight end and the speed to create consistent separation as a college wide receiver.
            Tweener or not, this kid is a darn athletic tight end with a great set of hands and a knack for getting open. He was an extremely difficult matchup for some of the camp's better linebackers during one-on-one passing drills and just showed a knack for creating separation and making the difficult grab. The most exciting part about this kid is his potential for physical development. He looked a shade under his listed height of 6-foot-5 but has a long frame with broad shoulders. He should see his 220 pounds quickly become 250 once he attacks a fulltime college weight training program. He might not possess prototypical TE measurables but could use that to his favor if a team decides to use him creatively as an H-back.
            ESPN - Budmayr proves worth in Columbus - Insider

            Comment


            • #7
              Eifert was on campus and worked out for the coaches at the current camp. The early report is the coaches were very impressed, but it is unclear whether the coaches getting a closer look at Eifert resulted (or will result) in an offer.

              If the eye witness accounts are true, they should not pass up this recruit. (especially since he's an Indiana boy, IMO)

              stay tuned.
              Last edited by SoCalDomer; 06-16-2008, 08:51 PM.

              Comment


              • #8
                sounds good...who knows, if we get him now and he blows up and has a monster senior year we might be getting one of the best TE's in the country.
                Last edited by Irishlew; 06-17-2008, 05:33 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by SoCalDomer View Post
                  Eifert was on campus and worked out for the coaches at the current camp. The early report is the coaches were very impressed, but it is unclear whether the coaches getting a closer look at Eifert resulted (or will result) in an offer.

                  If the eye witness accounts are true, they should not pass up this recruit. (especially since he's an Indiana boy, IMO)

                  stay tuned.
                  I'd like to see Eifert get an offer and convert Golic to an H back.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Rumor has it that Axl Rose is a huge Notre Dame fan, will keep you all updated.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Supposed to find out today about offer after performance at camp

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I think we have enough tight ends...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          At 6'5" 215-225, Eifert could play WR as well as tight end.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            at 4.7 he may be a little on the slow end for WR but his size would be a good advantage especially in endzone/goalline situations.
                            Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              with training i imagine he could work on his speed. but keep in mind at 6'5" he'd be a hard guy to bring down so speed would not need to be his asset.

                              having two types of receivers is good. the speed guys who can stretch the field and sure handed slot type receivers. he would definitely play inside and could possibly line up at TE and then go in motion. he'd be a coverage problem for any safety or LB.

                              either way, there's rumblings that it is not looking good for him to get an offer. obviously we'll have to wait to see, but i sure hope he does. I don't like passing on good in-state talent (in state as in ND's, not mine, LOL)

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Tyler Eifert

                                I think we are making a big mistake by not offering a scholly to this young man. He will make an excellent wide receiver or tight end by putting on an additional 20 lbs. While his speed is not the greatest, his strong desire to play for ND more than makes up for it. We have already lost some recruits because of the tendency to dilly around while others act! In addition, shouldn't we give some priority to recruits in IN.

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  well it's not over and done with yet. be as patient as is possible during the summer recruiting season... which is not very patient.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Originally posted by Irish52 View Post
                                    I think we are making a big mistake by not offering a scholly to this young man. He will make an excellent wide receiver or tight end by putting on an additional 20 lbs. While his speed is not the greatest, his strong desire to play for ND more than makes up for it. We have already lost some recruits because of the tendency to dilly around while others act! In addition, shouldn't we give some priority to recruits in IN.
                                    I can't agree with this. I have a REALLY strong desire to play for ND, but I don't think that should be enough to overcome my 10 second 40 time.

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Originally posted by mcgarry2003 View Post
                                      I can't agree with this. I have a REALLY strong desire to play for ND, but I don't think that should be enough to overcome my 10 second 40 time.
                                      Hah. I agree man. Now I would be all for this if we went after an elite TE who could challenge and or make our other great TE's better but with Yeatman coming back to go along with incumbent starter (Ragone who is also a soph) and Rudolph AND Fauria, this position is waaaaaaaay 2 stacked to be offering a run of the mill TE with an offer from Purwho.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        CW and staff will get the best available. Currently, it sounds like they are looking at either Eifert or Kunz, but maybe they think they have a shot at another WR out of the plan A guys and think they can keep these 2 in reserve?

                                        Comment


                                        • #21
                                          i dont like to see them pass up talent in you state either socal

                                          Comment


                                          • #22
                                            Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                            this position [TE] is waaaaaaaay 2 stacked to be offering a run of the mill TE with an offer from Purwho.
                                            In 2009, the following scholarship TEs have eligiblity:

                                            Jake Golic Fr
                                            Joseph Fauria So
                                            Kyle Rudolph So
                                            Mike Ragone Jr
                                            Luke Schmidt Sr (just moved to TE in 2008)
                                            Will Yeatman Sr

                                            I don't see us being so stacked they couldn't take a TE who also has the ability to motion out to the flat and play as a slot receiver. But, if they do land 1 or 2 WRs this year, maybe they think they may not need a TE who can do that.

                                            Comment


                                            • #23
                                              good point. but again i hope they can land that 1 or 2 reciever they are looking for

                                              Comment


                                              • #24
                                                Offered

                                                Comment


                                                • #25
                                                  Offered per Rivals

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #26
                                                    hey if the staff thinks he's worthy, than I do. They must see this kid as a tweener which would allow them to be flexible if we miss on our A list targets at the WR position.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #27
                                                      who the... what the... just when it looked like all hope was lost. LOL

                                                      as it turns out, Eifert appears to be offered as an Ath. so the reports that ND was not going to offer any other WRs could mean his offer went out before that was said, or the "Ath" offer would also be technically true.
                                                      Last edited by SoCalDomer; 07-02-2008, 09:29 PM.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #28
                                                        i believe in the scouting of this team. and tyler looks like he could add some weight to his frame so he could be that te/hback that we motion out to really get great matchups between olb and safteys, i hope he gets on board and excels.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #29
                                                          Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                                          Hah. I agree man. Now I would be all for this if we went after an elite TE who could challenge and or make our other great TE's better but with Yeatman coming back to go along with incumbent starter (Ragone who is also a soph) and Rudolph AND Fauria, this position is waaaaaaaay 2 stacked to be offering a run of the mill TE with an offer from Purwho.
                                                          He is a top 5 TE from this class. I'm not sure we need another, but I do have faith in the coaches when it comes to recruiting. Actual coaching and player development scares me though.
                                                          2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #30
                                                            i think charlie has learned alot in the ways he coached and brought kids along. he has learned what to do and what not to do. rememebr it is his first head coaching job and he learned a hard lesson last year. so i expect alot from him this year and even more next year

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #31
                                                              Good for him. I'm glad we offered. Go Irish!
                                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #32
                                                                I'm sort of glad we offered, I think he's a kid that down the road who could be another John Carlson but I'm a TE guy and I'm hoping for ND to get Logan Thomas to be a TE because I think he can be a special TE with his size, speed and athleticism.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #33
                                                                  Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                  He is a top 5 TE from this class. I'm not sure we need another, but I do have faith in the coaches when it comes to recruiting. Actual coaching and player development scares me though.
                                                                  Oh Junky, he is the 23rd ranked TE in this class....I expect more from you! Hah.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #34
                                                                    Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                                    I'm sort of glad we offered, I think he's a kid that down the road who could be another John Carlson but I'm a TE guy and I'm hoping for ND to get Logan Thomas to be a TE because I think he can be a special TE with his size, speed and athleticism.
                                                                    Eifert is being listed as an Ath at this point. I think that's because they may move him to WR, or he play more of an H-back type role.

                                                                    As for Logan, while he has expressed some interest, getting him up for a visit is obviously a requirement if ND has a chance. He seems very interested in the schools in his area.

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #35
                                                                      scout has him as a notre dame commit.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #36
                                                                        I was just waiting for them to go public. welcome aboard Tyler

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #37
                                                                          Welcome to the community Tyler, I can't wait to see you put on the ND jersey next year and have some fun out there!

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #38
                                                                            Welcome to ND Tyler. Its always nice to get in state guys.
                                                                            GO IRISH!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #39
                                                                              Welcome to the Irish Family Eifert!
                                                                              Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • #40
                                                                                SWEET! We got another kid from my hometown!!! Welcome Aboard Tyler!

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • #41
                                                                                  glad to see us keep in state boys at home. tyler you have the opportunity to be apart of something special. welcome aboard and hit the books and weights

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • #42
                                                                                    You the man Tyler, now go practice your QB drills and hopefully you can push DC and JC for some starting time next year.

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • #43
                                                                                      article on b&g.

                                                                                      Charlie Weis has said that going against the “Home U” works out to be the toughest feat in recruiting.

                                                                                      BlueandGold.com // Eifert Staying Local

                                                                                      “It came down to Notre Dame, Purdue (where his father, Greg, played college basketball), and Vanderbilt. Notre Dame is a great program and definitely on the rise. I felt so comfortable when I was there and it’s an opportunity that I can’t pass up.”
                                                                                      Last edited by SoCalDomer; 07-08-2008, 01:08 PM.

                                                                                      Comment


                                                                                      • #44
                                                                                        I'm really excited about this kid. Although, I would like to see him as a WR instead of a TE. We are really stacked at tight end and could use a tall receiver. I know 4.62 isn't blazing fast, but I think he would make a fine red zone and possession receiver. I miss the days of throwing it up to Stovall and Samardzija. It appears he has thrived at S as well. Regardless of where he starts out, his is a huge pick up.

                                                                                        Comment


                                                                                        • #45
                                                                                          ''huge'' being a key word! hes a tower

                                                                                          Comment


                                                                                          • #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Clausen2Kamara View Post
                                                                                            Oh Junky, he is the 23rd ranked TE in this class....I expect more from you! Hah.
                                                                                            I thought I saw #5 somewhere. Oh well. Welcome Tyler!
                                                                                            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

                                                                                            Comment


                                                                                            • #47
                                                                                              i saw early twenties

                                                                                              Comment


                                                                                              • #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Shamrock44 View Post
                                                                                                I'm really excited about this kid. Although, I would like to see him as a WR instead of a TE. We are really stacked at tight end and could use a tall receiver. I know 4.62 isn't blazing fast, but I think he would make a fine red zone and possession receiver. I miss the days of throwing it up to Stovall and Samardzija. It appears he has thrived at S as well. Regardless of where he starts out, his is a huge pick up.


                                                                                                I fully agree on both counts. He'd be a great receiver in the Weis offense.

                                                                                                Comment


                                                                                                • #49
                                                                                                  He will play WR first. He emailed me last night. Once again another great reason to have a VC membership

                                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                                  • #50
                                                                                                    What is a vc membership. Do you guys seem him getting on the feild much with the talent we are now getting to south bend?

                                                                                                    Comment

                                                                                                    Adsense

                                                                                                    Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X