Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 IL OL Chris Watt (ND Verbal 7/13/08)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 IL OL Chris Watt (ND Verbal 7/13/08)

Chris Watt - Offensive Guard (6'3";280lbs)
    Glenbard West HS (Glen Ellyn, IL)

Combine
    Forty: 5.1
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: 325 pounds
    Squat Max: 450 pounds
    Shuttle: N/A
    Vertical: 26 inches
    GPA: 4.3

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Rankings and Accolades
    Scout offensive guards 2009 (2)
    Rivals offensive guards 2009 (2)
    Rivals100 2009 (46)
    Rivals OL rankings 2009: Best pass blocker (4)
    Rivals Illinois preseason (1)

Statistics
    N/A

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Verbal Commitment)
    Illinois
    Michigan
    Michigan State
    Northwestern
    Ohio State
    Wisconsin

Multimedia
    N/A
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 07-13-2008, 04:54 PM.
    It's not easy being green.

Watt has been offered a scholarship by Ohio State, Illinois, Iowa, Indiana and Minnesota. Virginia is expected to offer. He hopes Notre Dame will offer. Oklahoma, Duke and Arizona have expressed interest. He plans to visit Northwestern, Wake Forest, Vanderbilt and Tennessee and hopes Florida will call.

Comment

It's funny I looked into this kid today and didn't get the impression that he has any intrest in ND. His brother plays for Northwestern and one of his good buddies is Garrett Goebel of OSU.

Comment

Wouldn't have thought so either, but he was talking to a reporter from the Sun Times and mentioned that he hoped for an offer from Notre Dame. Perhaps just to say ND offered... perhaps out of genuine interest.

Comment

Sorry, I'm not going to pretend to be an insider on this... I just do a $hit load of reading about college football... came across this and wanted to pass along the information. (Is '$hit-load' supposed to be a compound word....hmmm?).

Anyway, I should have included the link....

Here it is....

Recruiters zero in on top juniors :: High School Sports ::
          Last edited by Irish Canuck; 01-27-2008, 11:18 PM.

Comment

notre dame is indeed on watts list of interested schools, Ive heard OSU ND and Iowa are big on his list

Comment

Rivals is aslo reporting that Chris picked up an offer, but I haven't seen it confirmed by a story or any other site yet.
              Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

It has been confirmed that Chris did in fact get an official offer from ND.
                Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

Does he have a lot of interest in us, or are we on the outside looking in on this one?

Comment

I think we are on the outside looking in as of right now

Comment

Originally posted by ND=NC View Post
                      I think we are on the outside looking in as of right now
                      I have to agree with you on this one ND=NC; we have not heard from Watts anything about interest in ND.

Comment

will be attending the spring game

Comment

Well that's a start...

Comment

We have to start somewhere. EIt always ends up being a numbers game. We offer enough of these guys that at least have us listed on their wish list and we will be surprised sometimes on who will turn out to want to come here and were just waiting for the offer.

Comment

Chris Watt plans to narrow down his choices soon and would like to make a commitment before the start of his senior season. "I'd like to have a top five in April, maybe May at the latest," Watt said. "I want to focus on my senior season, so I'd like to decide before then. The main things I will be looking for is to make sure that I get along with the coaches and the players..."

He says the school that is recruiting him the hardest is Notre Dame. "It was a really good experience at their junior day," he said. "I've been to a game there before and I love the atmosphere there. The tradition is amazing and the academics are second to none. Not a lot of schools can compare to Notre Dame in tradition. They've had the national championships and a lot of great players have gone there. Everyone knows Irish football. They have fans all over the country.

"They had a great recruiting class and that's a good step," Watt said. "They had a young team last year and I'm expecting big things from them. I really like coach Charlie Weis too. He's really cool and laid back. We talked for a bit and he told me a story about Bon Jovi because I guess they know each other. He's an easy guy to talk to."

free article on scout: Scout.com: Midwest Focus

Comment

Thanks for posting this SoCal!!

Comment

Prep Insider
                                  Glenbard West's Chris Watt, the top-rated offensive lineman in Illinois, is said to be close to committing to Ohio State. And Hubbard linebacker Darius Moffett has let the Buckeyes know he hopes they will offer a scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by ant80 View Post

Comment

How reliable is this source?

Comment

It's legit There was an article in the Chicago times about him.

Comment

Yeah wasn't there a newspaper in Minnesota saying that Floyd was going to commit to O$U too and he chose us like a week later. What is "close" to committing? If he wanted to he would've done that. What would he be waiting for?

Comment

It means OSU is in the lead. They have been his leader the whole time, which he has publicly stated multiple times. Though ND has made up alot of ground in this race they are still behind

Comment

Originally posted by BDIrish4ever View Post
                                              How reliable is this source?
                                              Update from Scout. Chris Watt has refuted the rumor from last week and says he is not even close to narrowing down his top 5. He is going to narrow down in May.

Comment

And the rumor started from the Chicago times

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                                  Yeah wasn't there a newspaper in Minnesota saying that Floyd was going to commit to O$U too and he chose us like a week later. What is "close" to committing? If he wanted to he would've done that. What would he be waiting for?
                                                  You are wise beyond your years IK

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                                    You are wise beyond your years IK

Comment

"I really like coach Charlie Weis too. He's really cool and laid back. We talked for a bit and he told me a story about Bon Jovi because I guess they know each other. He's an easy guy to talk to."

Can't be talking about Coach Weis, he's some up-tight white coach

Comment

Chris was back at practice today sporting ND gear. I don't think his stanford visit went all that well.

Comment

No, it doesn't sound like it went all that well at all. Hopefully he'll be Irish in the end.

Comment

Chris was back at practice today sporting ND gear. I don't think his stanford visit went all that well.
                                                            Where did you see that?
                                                            God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Sorry ND=NC, I didn't realize he was at ND's practice.
                                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

He would be a big catch for us.

Comment

I have a good feeling about this guy.

He would be a great player to get.

Comment

It would be pretty nice to get him.
                                                                    Cleveland Browns

Comment

How many times has he been to campus? Anyone know?
                                                                      God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Looked at a list and saw him here for 4 visits- Jr day, a couple of practices and one of the games last year. That is a good sign. Now there may be someone who can further clarify whether or not he was actually present all 4 times, as sometimes these guys schedule and cancell later.

Comment

4 times sounds pretty good.
                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Is he coming for the Blue\Gold game?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              No, he was here for Junior days 28-30 March and a visit to practice 14 April. Sometimes it works into their schedule better on some weekends than others.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                He was here for both the junior days, (Feb, Mar) the practice a couple of days ago and the Duke game last year.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  We Won That Game!!!!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Now that Justin Boren, ex-Michigan starting guard, will be playing for Ohio State, Notre Dame should look even more attractive.
                                                                                    ESPN - Lineman who left Michigan to play for Ohio State in 2009 - College Football

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Yea I think we are in pretty good standing with him considering the number of visits. Maybe he will be the T-Rob of this year? Nabbing a top lineman should probably be our next target of recruiting considering we have a top DL, 2 top RB, and a (hopefully - he looks it) top TE. OL, DE and OLB seem to be at the top of the need list now - would love to get Watt and Shrive to keep things rolling.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                                                                        Now that Justin Boren, ex-Michigan starting guard, will be playing for Ohio State, Notre Dame should look even more attractive.
                                                                                        ESPN - Lineman who left Michigan to play for Ohio State in 2009 - College Football
                                                                                        You guys are right on the mark. OSU has one of the best if not the best O-lines in the country. It will be a couple of years if Chris wants playing time there. This definitely helps us out.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                                                                                          You guys are right on the mark. OSU has one of the best if not the best O-lines in the country. It will be a couple of years if Chris wants playing time there. This definitely helps us out.
                                                                                          Just FYI, we will graduate 3 starting OL this year, and 5 total. There's going to be a lot of spots open for competition next year (2009).

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Not after block O and Boren take over

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Just FYI, we will graduate 3 starting OL this year, and 5 total. There's going to be a lot of spots open for competition next year (2009).
                                                                                              The Buckeyes had a nice 2008 recruiting class for O lineman with Mike Adams & Michael Brewsterm 5* kids and JB Shugarts 4*, plus the transfer of the Michigan kid hopefully gives Watt more to consider when looking at the Buckeyes.
                                                                                              Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                This gives us three interior linemen in this class with Mewhort, Linsley, and Boren. Hall is our biggie left, and he projects at left tackle IMO with the ability to play right and both guard positions.

I would love to have Watt in this class, and I'm sure the coaches would too, but I'm not sure he fits anymore. The Boren transfer really changed everything with regards to our o-line recruiting. He's probably going to be penciled into a starting spot starting next year.

Got this from another board from a OSU fan. Instead of paraphrasing, I will quote him and give him the credit. Point is, the signing of Lindsey probably helps us w Watt.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Got this from another board from a OSU fan. Instead of paraphrasing, I will quote him and give him the credit. Point is, the signing of Lindsey probably helps us w Watt.[/QUOTE]

Lets hope he's right.
                                                                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Although Watt has more than 20 offers, a few teams stand out to him. ND, PSU and Ohio State are among his top schools, though he has yet to name a top-5.

He is attempting to schedule a summer time visit to ND.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X