Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'09 NJ LB Carlo Calabrese (ND Verbal 5/22/08)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '09 NJ LB Carlo Calabrese (ND Verbal 5/22/08)

Carlo Calabrese - ILB (6'2"/225lbs)
    Verona HS (Verona, NJ)

Schools of Interest:
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Boston College
    Penn State
    Rutgers
    Virginia
    Wisconsin
    UConn
    Maryland

Combine
    Forty: 4.7
    Bench Reps: 30
    Bench Max: 300
    Squat Max: 400
    Shuttle: 4.44
    Vertical: 27"
    GPA:

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Statistics
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 -
    2008 -

Rankings & Accolades
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 -
    2008 -

Multimedia & Resource Links
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 05-22-2008, 04:48 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Last edited by GoshenGipper; 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

i live in the town next to this kid and watched him play last year...he truly is a man among boys. his team lost the state championship last year going for 2 instead of just kicking the one and going into OT. He is an unbelievable player and would b a great addition to ND. also, he's from the same school fasano went to.

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver253 View Post
        i live in the town next to this kid and watched him play last year...he truly is a man among boys. his team lost the state championship last year going for 2 instead of just kicking the one and going into OT. He is an unbelievable player and would b a great addition to ND. also, he's from the same school fasano went to.
        ----The Fassano connection is a bigger one than you would think....

I am good friends with Anthony Fasano and his younger brother, so when he started playing at Notre Dame I really started following them and actually went up for a game with the family to watch him play. It was very nice there and the stadium and campus were absolutely gorgeous. I mean, you have Touchdown Jesus right there and all the other tradition, so its a pretty different place. Notre Dame is another school that is great academically. I just sent them film recently, so I am hoping to hear back from them when they can contact us.

Scout.com: Calabrese a Top '09 NJ Linebacker

Comment

The kid seriously looks like a beast. I would like to see him in Blue and Gold. Can't wait to see what he does this year.

Go Irish!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
            ----The Fassano connection is a bigger one than you would think....

I am good friends with Anthony Fasano and his younger brother, so when he started playing at Notre Dame I really started following them and actually went up for a game with the family to watch him play. It was very nice there and the stadium and campus were absolutely gorgeous. I mean, you have Touchdown Jesus right there and all the other tradition, so its a pretty different place. Notre Dame is another school that is great academically. I just sent them film recently, so I am hoping to hear back from them when they can contact us.

Scout.com: Calabrese a Top '09 NJ Linebacker
            what makes you say that? i know having alumni from his high school helps but what makes fassano so special

Comment

The quote says he is friends with the Fasano's. You answered your own question!
              2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by mikmo1111 View Post
                what makes you say that? i know having alumni from his high school helps but what makes fassano so special
                He meant "big" in the sense that it's a substantial connection, not that it's necessarily going to play a large role in his decision. But from that quote, it does seem like it could well be big in the other sense as well.
                Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

you know it's sad because the other fasano probably could get into college football too but he cannot seem to stay out of trouble and he's no where near as motivated to better himself as his older brother was.

Comment

Carlo made it out to ND over the weekend for an unofficial visit to the MSU game.

Comment

Carlo just picked up an official offer from ND.

Comment

awwwwwwwww yyyyyyeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh...unfortunately, i get to open my senior season against him next year which will not be a fun thing. he's too strong! and before people start posting that he's slow here too, he's not slow, he has more than adequate speed for a linebacker

Comment

This kid is one at the top of my '09 list. Looks like a killer. Zorich had the same look. Just my opinion. I hope he ends up Irish!
                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

i watched the highlights of this kid and man is he a thumper he would be a nice fit in the lb corps

Comment

I love his size- hope he comes here!

Comment

YouTube - Carlo Calabrese brings the heat

Here is a highlight film on Carlo I found on YouTube (it has IrishIllustrated on the opening credits; so if it should not be here, please delete this post). I don't think I need to say anything about this young man(just watch the film), he is an outstanding football player who needs to be Irish!

Comment

Ditto

Comment

Silver you better have that jock strap on tight!
                                    Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

Gators are the latest offer for Calabrese
                                      By Mike Farrell, Recruiting Analyst
                                      Mar 12, 12:45 pm EDT

“He’s gotten a few more offers in the past week or two from Notre Dame, Maryland and Florida,” his father, Carlo Calabrese Sr. said. “He’s excited about the one from the Gators. It’s a great school and a great program. As a matter of fact, he’s working out with Will Hill. Will is trying to get him to embrace it.

“He has five offers now from Rutgers, Syracuse, Notre Dame, Maryland and Florida.”

“I’d say the top six or so are Rutgers, Notre Dame, Penn State, Florida Virginia and Boston College,” he said. “There are a lot of RU alumni and everyone around here wants him to play for the Garden State. Of course, Notre Dame is a special scholarship and Charlie Weis likes him a lot. Penn State is high on his wish list and the Gators are a unique opportunity. It’s a very special to play in the SEC. Finally Coach Groh likes him a lot and Boston College is up there too.”
                                      for the full free story, click: Gators are the latest offer for Calabrese - NCAA Football - Yahoo! Sports
                                      Last edited by SoCalDomer; 03-13-2008, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Well, Urban may get another one.
                                        Once we truly come together as a family, nothing can stop us. Its my job to make sure we become that family.

Comment

relax, Jersey guys don't go to florida till they're ready to retire.

Comment

Isn't Trattou from Jersey ?

Comment

Doh! Maybe he was a Jersey transplant and not a native. LOL

Comment

I play linebacker for Mountain Lakes High School. We have won the conference title three of the last four years. I am a junior and we are 2-1 against Verona in my three years. This past year we defeated Verona 34-6. I'm looking forward to going back to the State Championship game again this coming year and we will have to beat Verona again to do so.

Our Stats for the year...

W L T Win % PF PA Home Away Neutral League
                                                9 1 0 .900 378 87 4-1-0 5-0-0 0-0-0 6-0-0

Comment

Ryan K, how good is calabrese?

Comment

Very Good. Tough with good pursuit angles. Part of our prep was to cut off his pursuit angles and it was quite effective. He is their leader on defense and plays a physical game.

Comment

Congrats on winning the Title Ryan K.

Comment

Yea, Ryan- now next season don't forget to drop some Irish Karma on Calabrese for CW and CB! This can be a team effort!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan K View Post
                                                          Very Good. Tough with good pursuit angles. Part of our prep was to cut off his pursuit angles and it was quite effective. He is their leader on defense and plays a physical game.
                                                          HAHA! u guys shit on them last year and us. As much as i hate the place, i play for mka. I woulda started last year but i partially tore my rotator cuff in pre-season so i hit the shelf quite quickly. I think we played our best game of the year last year against u guys and still lost by twenty sumtin. But u guys shat on verona last year btu you also have a huge team. U guys have the tripuka kids on ure team also, dont u?

Comment

Yes. Kelly Tripukas son Jake plays for us. He's one of the best players in Morris County and depending on our play he could get some recognition for all state. Plays with the same intensity that Kelly played basketball with. We have a strong core returning. This class was 10 -0 as freshmen, 10 - 0 as JV's both our soph and junior years. Really looking forward to this season

Comment

Carlo and his family were in attendance for today's practice. I also heard a small rumble that he may be ready. FWIW

Comment

Could it be that he is the first for the 2009 recruiting season?

Comment

Originally posted by WeisWeisBaby View Post
                                                                  Could it be that he is the first for the 2009 recruiting season?
                                                                  That would be great!
                                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by ND=NC View Post
                                                                    Carlo and his family were in attendance for today's practice. I also heard a small rumble that he may be ready. FWIW
                                                                    Ready for practice?
                                                                    2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Carlo would be an outstanding start!!

Comment

Right on!
                                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

I just learned that ND is having a Junior Day tomorrow. Between 10-15 are expected to participate. Calabrese included. Go Irish!
                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Yeah I mentioned it trough out the week, but it seemed to fall on deaf ears

Comment

• #39
                                                                              It didn't fall on deaf years, just busy ones!!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Sorry.
                                                                                God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  This is the juniors that I know of that will be attending this weekend
                                                                                  EJ Banks DB
                                                                                  Carlo Calabrese LB
                                                                                  Chris Watt OL
                                                                                  Jeremiah Young RB
                                                                                  Jordan Hill DE
                                                                                  William Ming DE/TE
                                                                                  Travis Hawkins WR/Ath
                                                                                  Adam Citko OL
                                                                                  Theo Riddick RB
                                                                                  Shamari Benton S
                                                                                  Duron Harmon S

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Calabrese said he wants to take some official visits and possibly verbal by the end of the Summer. He seemed to love ND though.
                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Scout.com: What's Not to Like?

"I really don't have a favorite," Calabrese said. "They are all equal now. I need to take my visits and see. I want a school with good tradition and to play for winning coaches. I just want to make sure I have a good feeling around them and I like coaches that are tough and make you work. Tradition is important too because I want a school that is known for football, but academics are number one for me."

Somebody send this guy the Tenuta video

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        "The Notre Dame Junior Day was real good," he said. "They are an academic school and they have a really high grad rate. They are still a young team and I think they'll be really good in a few years. I like the new linebacker coach (Jon Tenuta) because he likes to blitz a lot and I think he'll really help the team. They are also getting a lot of great recruits so things are going well for them."
                                                                                        I think he's already seen the Tenuta video

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Yeah, but we'll see what happens. He stated that academics are priority no. 1. We'll have to wait and see if that comes to fruition. I'm not calling the kid a liar, or anything like that, but, too many times kids talk about academics only to not pick the institution that, academically speaking, is the better choice. He talked very highly about Florida. Not that Gainesville is a bad place to go to school, but they are no where near ND in terms of academics.
                                                                                          Last edited by OCIrish; 05-06-2008, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            has anyone heard any recent news on him? i love all the offense we are getting but our d with tenuda should start picking up steam i would think too. shouldnt it?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              it's TENUTA if you're scoring at home

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Doesn't sound like we will hear alot from him until he makes some more trips and comes back in the summer for another visit.

Its hard when these recruits don't conform to our schedules and commit NOW! :)

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by IrishGrizz View Post
                                                                                                  Doesn't sound like we will hear alot from him until he makes some more trips and comes back in the summer for another visit.

Its hard when these recruits don't conform to our schedules and commit NOW! :)
                                                                                                  agreed. how dare they do things on their own time.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    damn kids...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X