This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
    If I recall correctly, Manti himself said he thought usc and then had a change of heart after prayer

Sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Was named a team captain for the Chargers. Pretty cool.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Introducing your 2016 team captains... <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/ChargeOn?src=hash">#ChargeOn</a> <a href="https://t.co/wskPEPyIl5">pic.twitter.com/wskPEPyIl5</a></p>&mdash; San Diego Chargers (@Chargers) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/772941498316750848">September 5, 2016</a></blockquote>
      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Glad he's found his way in the NFL. Sucks that his ND legacy will always be tainted by the girlfriend fiasco, but I'm glad to see him represent the university well
        ďThe more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.Ē
        ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

• Fear is that he tore his Achilles, if MRI confirms, he's out for the year. Tough break, get well soon Manti!

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
            Fear is that he tore his Achilles, if MRI confirms, he's out for the year. Tough break, get well soon Manti!
            Yea I was at the game yesterday. Sucked to see him go down with an injury.

Comment

• Cursed I tell you! Get better Manti!

Comment

• Originally posted by #1rish View Post
                Fear is that he tore his Achilles, if MRI confirms, he's out for the year. Tough break, get well soon Manti!

Available for ND DC?

Comment

• He had some pretty good games so far. Wish him the best
                  Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

Comment

• Manti is a FA and is visiting the Saints with a view to signing with them.

Chargers linebacker Manti Te’o visiting the Saints | ProFootballTalk
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Manti Te&#39;o stars against his former team <a href="https://t.co/8Xr4w2yQeA">https://t.co/8Xr4w2yQeA</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/899703373225762816">August 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                        <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Manti Te'o stars against his former team <a href="https://t.co/8Xr4w2yQeA">https://t.co/8Xr4w2yQeA</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/899703373225762816">August 21, 2017</a></blockquote>
                        As of right now, it sounds like he's slated to be a 2-down starter for the Saints to open the season. He started camp pretty slowly but local reports have picked up a little more buzz on him lately. After the Chargers game, there's a lot of buzz about a starting lineup of Manti, AJ Klein, and (wait for it) Alex Anzalone.

Comment

• The Saints signed Manti this week.

https://www.rotoworld.com/football/n...0163/manti-teo

Comment

• Sweet!

Comment

• The Bears have signed linebacker Manti Te'o to the practice squad.
                              It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Practice Squad?
                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                  Practice Squad?
                                  with covid restrictions any vet can sign for a practice squad, lol sure Josh McCown is 40 something and he's on one
                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• I mean why isnt he starting somewhere?

Comment

• He could definitely star for us. Our LB corps is terrible.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                        I mean why isnt he starting somewhere?
                                        I'd be interested to know about what injuries he's had that we don't know about. He was a team captain just a few years ago.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                          The Bears have signed linebacker Manti Te'o to the practice squad.
                                          Any idea what that pays him? Is it a weekly contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by texbender View Post
                                            Any idea what that pays him? Is it a weekly contract?
                                            12k per week, according to Google.

Comment

• Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post
                                              I'd be interested to know about what injuries he's had that we don't know about. He was a team captain just a few years ago.
                                              He did tear his achilles in 2016. He played a pretty full season in 2017 but that can't be helping with the aging curve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pops Freshenmeyer View Post
                                                He did tear his achilles in 2016. He played a pretty full season in 2017 but that can't be helping with the aging curve.
                                                Didnít he have some foot injuries as well? Lisfranc?

Comment

• he barely made gameday rosters for the Saints when he was there tbf
                                                  What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Its crazy how quickly a NFL career can change. Yikes.

Comment

• I was also surprised that he isn't starting somewhere. What was once a promising career has been plagued by injuries and such. What a great athlete he was! Hope he can get into the 53 man rotation there.

Comment

• So they are rehashing the Teo girlfriend story on ABC today.

Just leave the guy alone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sea Turtle View Post
                                                          So they are rehashing the Teo girlfriend story on ABC today.

Just leave the guy alone.
                                                          Espn had an article about that last week I believe. But I agree, how long ago was that? Who gives a shit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irishcop View Post
                                                            Espn had an article about that last week I believe. But I agree, how long ago was that? Who gives a shit.
                                                            I read the article. Seems like Manti didnít give him the access heíd hoped. The writer seems to be wondering if Manti was in on it. I doubt it will be flattering for him.
                                                            "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• This was the only part of the story that made me squirm a bit. I get that it’s Teo’s story and he can choose to tell it how he wants, but the “I want to be the star” seemed a bit out of character.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fish-questions

On Nov. 16, Te'o and I spoke again for 45 minutes. He told me he wanted to explain his reasons for backing out of our scheduled interview. "Your story is your film. It's not mine," Te'o said. "The other project, I would be the star of the beginning, the middle and the finish ... I want to be the star.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                                                I read the article. Seems like Manti didn’t give him the access he’d hoped. The writer seems to be wondering if Manti was in on it. I doubt it will be flattering for him.
                                                                Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                This was the only part of the story that made me squirm a bit. I get that it&rsquo;s Teo&rsquo;s story and he can choose to tell it how he wants, but the &ldquo;I want to be the star&rdquo; seemed a bit out of character.

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...fish-questions
                                                                Yikes. If I'm being honest with myself, I'm not 100% convinced he wasn't in on it. But at the same time this was 8 years ago now and I honestly don't care either way anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
                                                                Last edited by ThePiombino; 01-09-2021, 07:38 PM.

Comment

• Active for the bears today. Hope he has a good showing.

Comment

• played right away. Almost got kicked out for targeting but they picked up the flag, led with the shoulder.

Comment

• Glad he is getting a second chance with the Bears.

Comment

• Te’o getting a lot of action but that defense has no answer for Brees. His outlet receiver is ALWAYS open.

Kmet got an unsportsmanlike in the first half.

Other than Khalil Mack...my Bears are horrible.

Comment

• They gotta get Mack some help. And in my opinion they could find a quality back up and get rid of Trubisky.

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                                            They gotta get Mack some help. And in my opinion they could find a quality back up and get rid of Trubisky.
                                                                            Agreed. Heís done just good enough to be considered but heís ultimately not looking like the answer. Foles seems like a good dude but he really gives the impression he has no interest in being a starting QB in the NFL.

Comment

• thought Manti did fine on the inside runs and had about 6 tackles but on one Kama outside run he lost contain badly
                                                                              What did Davonte do?

Comment

• Watched the ESPN segment earlier yesterday morning and then there he was on my TV screen again chasing down Kamara.

Maybe this helps him stick with them next year or it gets him on a roster somewhere else. He turns 30 in a few weeks so the miles are starting to add up.
                                                                                It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Not perfect, but I thought you did quite well all things considered. He’s able to contribute and should get a roster spot next year somewhere I would think. Buffalo needs depth at LB, sign him up!

Comment

• He's made $10.4M since entering the league. Hopefully he's managed his money well and can stick with a team for another year or two.

Comment

• IDK, he was a great player for ND, but I can't help but think how fucking dumb the guy had to have been.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                                        He's made $10.4M since entering the league. Hopefully he's managed his money well and can stick with a team for another year or two.
                                                                                        He's made roughly $40K/tackle. What a world.

Comment

• The Bears left him in on 3rd down a lot, and NO really targeted him in their short passing game. Te'o did blow up some inside runs but he missed his share of tackles.

I don't think played himself into a roster spot for next year. He's not a 3 down LB any more.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                            The Bears left him in on 3rd down a lot, and NO really targeted him in their short passing game. Te'o did blow up some inside runs but he missed his share of tackles.

I don't think played himself into a roster spot for next year. He's not a 3 down LB any more.
                                                                                            He never was at the NFL level. Those Banger LBís are a thing of the past.

Comment

• Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                                              The Bears left him in on 3rd down a lot, and NO really targeted him in their short passing game. Te'o did blow up some inside runs but he missed his share of tackles.

He wasnít a 3 down linebacker in the NFL really from the beginning. Heís worth a spot as a backup. Watching the backups on some of these teams has me convinced

Comment

• I figured he’d have a solid 10 year career. He’s getting close.
                                                                                                "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

• Originally posted by NDRock View Post
                                                                                                  I figured he&rsquo;d have a solid 10 year career. He&rsquo;s getting close.

Except the SOLID part

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                                                    Except the SOLID part

Havenít really followed his career much but injuries seemed to get him early.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X