Rankings & Accolades
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 - Scout 100 in '09
    2008 -

Multimedia & Resource Links
    Manti Te'o 2005 Season Highlights
    Manti Te'o 2006 Season Highlights
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-27-2007, 04:04 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Originally posted by Dynasty0609 View Post
      Way early but this guy Manti Te'o from Hawaii stands at 6'1 235 and inside linebacker sure fire top 50 pick has an early list with ND, along with UCLA USC this guy can flat out play and is probably going to be the one the most physical inside linebackers. one word describes him sick. A Brian Urlacher slash Rey rey from SC.

This class is certainly setting the Texas like trend. Get em in early.

Comment

Scout.com: Manti Te'o Profile

----Does this guy really have an ND verbal offer? It says he's got verbal offers from USC, UCLA, Tennesee, Cal and alot of others. If that is true then he looks to be the #1 player next year and if not that then top 5.

Comment

In an interesting about-face, USC head coach Pete Carroll who had reportedly told all previous LDS signees at USC that he would not hold scholarships for them if they chose to serve LDS missions personally called Brian and told him he would definitely support Mantis firm church mission plans and hold a scholarship until he returned.

-------Offf course you did Poodle. Where are your morals?

Comment

you know its interesting. You don't think of players from Hawaii as ever being recruited well except by Hawaii. Just thought it was a little wierd.

Comment

pete carroll and urban liar must have the same mentor

Comment

Originally posted by theNOTREDOMER23 View Post
                you know its interesting. You don't think of players from Hawaii as ever being recruited well except by Hawaii. Just thought it was a little wierd.
                Hawaii's elite and not so elite are prized catches through the west. I count 40 some Hawaiians on Pac10 rosters.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                  Scout.com: Manti Te'o Profile

----Does this guy really have an ND verbal offer? It says he's got verbal offers from USC, UCLA, Tennesee, Cal and alot of others. If that is true then he looks to be the #1 player next year and if not that then top 5.
                  It looks like it. Here's a few quotes from a recent article about Manti.

I have 16 (verbal) offers right now, said Teo. Off the top of my head, BYU, Tennessee, UCLA, USC, Notre Dame, Stanford, Cal, Texas A&M and Colorado are ones that are standing out. But Im still open to all options. Right now, Im just concentrating on my season.
                  Teo is an excellent student, holding a 3.7 GPA and planning to take the SAT this fall.
                  I want to major in architecture or engineering, and I want to go to a school that has a strong focus on that, said Teo.
                  Last edited by GoshenGipper; 08-16-2007, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Scout shows him as a written offer from ND

Comment

Alright, well we'll put him on the offer list when there is confirmation from a 2nd source.

Comment

I added a couple of videos to the first post in Manti's profile.

This is the first one. It's some of the highlight's from his freshman year (2005).

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvC-vDNZUwc&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GvC-vDNZUwc&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

This is the 2nd one I added. These are some of the highlights from his sophmore year. (2006)

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGI0mSLWpX4&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MGI0mSLWpX4&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Comment

I know Charlie is being very stingy about the 2009 class, but why have we not joined the rest of the world and offered Te'o?
                            What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis.

Comment

Nd was one of the first teams to verbally offer Manti, but they just hven't given him an official written offer yet. I know CW likes to do it in person if he can so maybe that's the hang up.

Comment

Probably come shortly after the season. We will be attacking the recruiting pretty hard then.

Comment

Seems like we would be the longshot. Not many winters in HI like there are in South Bend. His flip flops will freeze and his surfboard will be useless!

Comment

freaking Latter-day Saints screw up everything. if i were him id drop that religion now, he'll have a much easier time playing football that way. that is one messed up thing.

Yes im aware that this sounds awful but that's my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
                                      Nd was one of the first teams to verbally offer Manti, but they just hven't given him an official written offer yet. I know CW likes to do it in person if he can so maybe that's the hang up.
                                      I'll be in Hawai'i in 2 and a half weeks with my bro's fam and our parents...I'll put in the good word with Mr. Manti. This kid is a friggin' player. Very impressive videos. ;) Hell, we'll steal him and make him watch the Stanford game with us... :D

Comment

Wow! thats the best tape I've seen. He's like a combo of Arthur Brown and Steven Filer. He seems to have the athleticism and hitting ability of Brown along with the ability to weave through traffic like Filer, who is the best I've seen this year. This kid will be special, we need to get him.

Comment

His highlights are sick. Corwin do your magic, please!

Comment

Manti recently picked up an official written offer from ND.

Comment

He also holds offer from USC, UCLA, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, Stanford, Colorado, Oregon, Washington, BYU, Hawaii and Tennessee.

Comment

My money is on BYU with this one, unfortunately! His religion seems extremely important to him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDGirlzRock View Post
                                                  My money is on BYU with this one, unfortunately! His religion seems extremely important to him!!!
                                                  Again, damn those later day saints, but BYU does not exactly have the best climate for him. Hawaii could get him of USC are my best bets

Comment

Originally posted by quiksilver253 View Post
                                                    Again, damn those later day saints, but BYU does not exactly have the best climate for him. Hawaii could get him of USC are my best bets
                                                    True but if he is willing to go to some 3rd world hell hole, where they have no idea what toilet paper is, for his religious mission....I think that the clim at BYU would be a cakewalk to him!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NDGirlzRock View Post
                                                      True but if he is willing to go to some 3rd world hell hole, where they have no idea what toilet paper is, for his religious mission....I think that the clim at BYU would be a cakewalk to him!!!
                                                      I take it your not big on helping people. If Manti wants to try to better the world we should praise him, not rip him or the people he's trying to help just because it might cause him to not pick our favorite school.

Comment

I take it your not big on helping people. If Manti wants to try to better the world we should praise him, not rip him or the people he's trying to help just because it might cause him to not pick our favorite school.
                                                        That didn't seem to be ripping anyone... some of the places that they go on their missions really are hellacious. That's why they go to help people - because it's a fact that the area is so awful and needs outside help.

Am I missing something here? Is he a Mormon... from Hawaii? I like BYU, and I would much rather see someone with his size and talent go there over USuCk.

Comment

Is he a Mormon... from Hawaii?
                                                          Very big Mormon population in Hawaii and the other south Pacific areas.

Comment

Have to agree with you GG. If his faith is that important to him we should applaud that. Alot of young people today are more into the me first attitude. I would love to see him come to N.D. but will respect him if he chooses to follow his faith.

Comment

Originally posted by Pete View Post
                                                              Very big Mormon population in Hawaii and the other south Pacific areas.
                                                              Haha man I just cannot see some HUGE Samoan as a Mormon. Makes me want to go to Hawaii more than ever.

Comment

Faith is very important at Punaho (I think that's how you say it). But in the end USC will land this guy.

Comment

Am I missing something here? Is he a Mormon... from Hawaii?
                                                                  Yeah as Pete said there is a very big Morman population in Hawaii. That was the main reason that BYU was Hawaii's biggest rival when they were both in the WAC. Steve Young also had his very exspensive and private wedding at a Morman church in Hawaii.

Comment

Per rivals, two Irish coaches will visit him next week. (I bet the coaches will find a player in HI to go visit every year from now on. )
                                                                    Last edited by SoCalDomer; 01-24-2008, 05:33 PM.

Comment

Sounds good to me SOCAL. I heard he is one of the top LB's in the nation next year...

Comment

From what I'm hearing BYU is the likely destination here. The info I saw indicatded that he is a very religious young man that may find it hard to be a school that focuses on a different religion, or one that is all about the glitz, glamor and parties. I've also heard that his school it's self also draws similar camparisons to BYU.

Comment

Ya cant hate a kid for following religion. Best of luck to him if we dont get him.

Comment

you would have to think that would be good news with us, especially after all the high praise Ryan Harris gave ND for supporting his religious beliefs. If he decided not to got to BYU our chances should only improve.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              What religion was Ryan Harris?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Islam

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Islam
                                                                                  You mean he didn't make fun of Islam in practices like Hal Mumme (Dumme) did?!? Oh, and he got sued.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Does anyone know whether ND is on the visit list for Manti Te'o? Or is a foregone conclsion that ND is not in the picture for him attending?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      no chance he is going to be irish. He will go to USC or BYU.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Notre Dame Fighting Irish Football, Basketball, and Recruiting Front Page

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          78, you may be right, but after reading the article on IE from legacys post, you get the feeling Charlies recruiting has put us in the running, where maybe before that Jan visit we weren't on Te'o s radar. Maybe he is only telling the writer/interviewer what they want to hear, but it still sounded like we have a shot.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Teo is very much interested in the Irish. We should get one of his officials.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by ND=NC View Post
                                                                                              Teo is very much interested in the Irish. We should get one of his officials.
                                                                                              That's good to hear. Lets get the Hawaii boy up here.
                                                                                              Last edited by NDboy15; 05-01-2008, 06:22 PM.
                                                                                              Cleveland Browns

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by NDFan78 View Post
                                                                                                no chance he is going to be irish. He will go to USC or BYU.
                                                                                                Link????

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Do Teo and Xavier Filo know each other? Maybe if we get one we may get both.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Most likely Te'o will go somewhere else. From what I have read Mormons don't look too kindly on Catholics. It's evident that they spend alot of time in catholic countries strying to convert the faithful.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X