Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    USC
    UCLA
    San Diego State

Multimedia
    Highlight Reel
    Highlight Reel
    Highlight Reel
    Last edited by ND=NC; 06-01-2008, 03:33 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Cierre ran a 10.8 100 meters as a frosh, and to go along with his great speed he has exceptional vision and athleticism so he should be one of the most heavily recruited prospects in the nation in the Class of 2009.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Wonderful he is from Cali, USC should be all over this one.

Comment

Cierre just picked up an offer from ND and he becomes the 3rd guy in the class of '09 to get one. He also recently picked one up from USC and they look like the team to beat here.

Comment

According to Rivals.com, they say he is our 4th offer. John Simon, Xavier Nixon, Devon Kennard, and now Cierre Wood.
          What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis.

Comment

Originally posted by laxkid23 View Post
            According to Rivals.com, they say he is our 4th offer. John Simon, Xavier Nixon, Devon Kennard, and now Cierre Wood.
            Last I knew Devon Kennard only had a verbal offer, not an official written offer.

Comment

It doesn't say it on Blue and Gold either. But we also have a verbal to Manti Te'o right, and that one isn't on rivals.
              What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis.

Comment

Season stats through 8 games

102 carries
                1470 yds
                14.41 yds per attempt(wow)
                20 td

5 catches
                175 yds
                1 td

5 punt returns
                49.8 YARDS PER RETURN
                2 td

4 KO returns
                47.6 YARDS PER RETURN
                1 TD

Defense

37 tackles
                3 ints
                1 punt block

Comment

Freakish.
                  Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Two things:

What position does he play on D? Not advocating he be recruited there...
                    Why on Gods green earth would you not give him more return opportunities? Is it just teams kicking it away from him?

Comment

This kids stats are just outrageous. Does he play against good competition?

Comment

In addition to his offers from ND and USC Cierre also has offers from Florida, Nebraksa, Wake Forest and San Diego State.

Comment

Wow. It'd definetly be great to get this kid and pluck another stud from Poodle.

Comment

Scout.com: Wood Gets His Eighth Offer

Comment

Cierre's Jr season stats

176 Carries
                              2612 yds WTF
                              34 tds

7 catches
                              191 yds
                              2 tds

7 punt returns
                              373 yds (53yds per return?)
                              4 tds

7 kick off returns
                              307 yds (43yds per return?)
                              2 tds

he also had 63 tackles, 3 int's on defense and 20 punts with a 40 yard average
                              Last edited by ND=NC; 04-20-2008, 12:36 PM.

Comment

now i know the competetion he is playing in isnt the greatest, but that is absolute FREAKISH. I say make this guy our Number 1 priority next year maybe besides Devon Kennard

Comment

how'd his stats improve by 14 tds and 1200 yards off of 13 additional carries?

Comment

I got his rushing stats from a rivals article dated 1/17. I also thought it might be off. Either way his stats are the best I've ever seen no matter what division he plays.

Comment

Poster over at Domer Domain is saying Cierre Wood will be stopping by ND for the Spring game.

Comment

He's the recruit I most want to sign with ND. If he's coming for the Spring Game, we must have a shot.
                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

ima statsman...... Cierre Wood is the man

Comment

Originally posted by Katzenboyer View Post
                                            Poster over at Domer Domain is saying Cierre Wood will be stopping by ND for the Spring game.
                                            The first step to getting this kid is getting him on CAMPUS!;)

Comment

Exactly BDIrish
                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Katzenboyer View Post
                                                Me too :)!

Comment

I likes our chances with this stud. :footballh :thumbsup: :ogrin:

Comment

Santa Clara's Wood plans on making a trip to South Bend

Notredame_logo3 A few months back, during the heart of the football season, there was a Charlie Weis sighting at Santa Clara, and it appears his long commute from South Bend to Oxnard wasn't in vain.

According to Scout.com, Santa Clara star running back Cierre Wood is scheduled to make an official visit to Notre Dame on April 19. Wood, who received an offer from Notre Dame in November, is obviously excited about the trip and told Scout.com he thinks he'll get a chance to play "early on" with the Irish. Wood's mother apparently likes the idea of her boy staying in the parochial ranks, too.

However, no matter how well things during his visit, I'd be shocked if Wood made a commitment anytime soon.

Wood is the highest-ranked RB prospect in the state, according to Scout.com, and has a total of 14 offers on the table, including ones from UCLA, USC, Florida and Nebraska. Translation: I think it's going to be awhile before anyone knows where he'll end up.

-- Austin Knoblauch
                                                    Varsity Times Insider : Los Angeles Times : Santa Clara's Wood plans on making a trip to South Bend

Comment

Wow that rocks!

Comment

Is it too early to start ranking my man-crushes witht the new recruits? Probably i should wait for them to commit before I start drooling, or I might set myself up to get my heart broken..

Comment

Originally posted by IrishGrizz View Post
                                                          Is it too early to start ranking my man-crushes witht the new recruits? Probably i should wait for them to commit before I start drooling, or I might set myself up to get my heart broken..
                                                          Go ahead Grizz. You know if they don't commit it will just be like a girlfriend who left you, after awhile you will find another.

Comment

Although the pain hasn't happened in a long time, i still remember it. OK, I'll begin my fallin in love stage.

Comment

I have a picture of Omar Hunter on my desk to remind me constantly not to rush into love with these recruits, I am holding off on this one but deep down I have begun a man-crush.

Comment

I had it first.

Comment

Oh yeah! I like him as much as any recruit in the country over thae last few years. I think he will be a mix between Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson

Comment

Originally posted by ND=NC View Post
                                                                    Oh yeah! I like him as much as any recruit in the country over thae last few years. I think he will be a mix between Reggie Bush and Adrian Peterson
                                                                    What about Barry Sanders and Ricky Williams?

Comment

No pressure there! LOL

But if he wants ND, I am sure he will know what to expect.

Comment

From hearing this looks like it's going to end up being a three way race between ND, UCLA, and USC.

I also think that it's really positive that he's willing to spend his own money to fly across the country to visit ND. To me it shows that he has real interest in the Irish.

Comment

I think we have a pretty good chance.
                                                                          Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Originally posted by stonebreakerwasgod View Post
                                                                            I think we have a pretty good chance.
                                                                            Yeah, I have to agree with this. For some reason, I have a good feeling about this kid. I would love to see him end up Irish.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              YouTube - Cierre Wood Santa Clara HS Running Back -- Big-Time Recruit

Here's some more footage of Cierre I found on YouTube. He is without a doubt my #1 choice at RB!!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Him and taylor in '09!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  He is very good but he supposedly plays competition far worse than Clausen did. I want him to be Irish though and I think he will be!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Hey, Superfan- from your lips to CWs ears!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Down to his final two: ND and UCLA

http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_...tid=&mid=&rid=

It's a premium article but if you go to the Rivals 100 and click on his list of interested schools it's ND and UCLA with high and that's it.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Awesome news Denny! Go Irish!
                                                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          that's pretty awesome. I thought for sure this kid was destined to go to USC.
                                                                                          Just remember your sitz im leben and it shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            I have one concern, what's with the reported 4.57 forty time?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Any timetable for a decision date?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                From what I have read posted and from a couple of early March interviews done on Scout, Wood origionally said he would wait for later before committing, and then said he might change his mind and commit earlier if things were right for him. take that FWIW.

None of us knows and won't know until the next interview what he thinks, possibly after this weekends B & G game....

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Welcome to the Irish son!!!!!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Why is he in the verballed prospects section? I'm not seeing anything that says he's announced...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X