Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 PA ILB David Posluszny (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 PA ILB David Posluszny (Signed LOI to ND)

David Posluszny - Inside Linebacker (6'2"/206lbs)
    Hopewell High School (Aliquippa, PA)

Combine
    Forty: 4.62
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 300lbs
    Squat Max: 360lbs
    Shuttle: 4.34
    Vertical: 25"
    Three Cone: 7.38
    Broad Jump: 7'3"
    GPA: 3.5

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Rankings and Accolades
    - Rivals 100 to watch in the class of '08
    Rivals #22 OLB

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Penn State
    Pitt
    Rutgers
    W. Virginia
    Wisconsin

Media
    Allegheny Times [Local Press]
    Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 06-13-2007, 03:29 PM.

Last edited by GoshenGipper; 04-06-2007, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Just out of curiosity, any relation to Paul Posluszny, the PSU linebacker?

Comment

Originally posted by ant80
        Just out of curiosity, any relation to Paul Posluszny, the PSU linebacker?
        Sure is... It's his brother.

Comment

Don't think there's much drama with this one.

Comment

He's got PSU written all over him.

Comment

Rumor time: According to several Penn State boards, Lil Poz is apparently a heavy ND lean.

Comment

is paul graduating this year
                remember God still loves us just a little bit more

Comment

Yes, Paul is a senior. I'm pretty sure this is his last year of eligibility as well.

Another factor that might contribute to the younger Poz skipping over PSU could be coaching uncertainty. It'd be 2 more years before he'd even get there and 5+ before he'd graduate. Who knows how long JoePa will be coaching there.
                  Search all of your favorite ND sites with the click of a button.
                  www.searchtheirish.com

Comment

Originally posted by Svoboda
                    Rumor time: According to several Penn State boards, Lil Poz is apparently a heavy ND lean.
                    This is very early in the process but a verbal from Lil Poz would send PSU nation into fits of hysteria. The suicide hotline in PA would meltdown.
                    I Survived Willingham, Davie and Faust. This is nothing

Comment

Too cool ! We need a name like Posluszny at linebacker. Then after he graduates, hopefully he gets drafted by the Chicago White Sox with their NFL roster of names like: Podsednik, Pierzynski, Mackowiak and Konerko.
                      Whatever you do, DO NOT get in a bench clearing brawl with the White Sox !

Comment

The interesting part of the family connection is that the oldest Posluszny brother played baseball at West Virginia and had some pretty decent seasons his sophomore and senior years. Drafted by the Angels in the 21st round after his junior year (did not sign, obviously) and the Mariners in the 34th round after this year. One of his college coaches at West Virginia mentioned this past weekend that David is the better athlete among the three.

Comment

"The schools I'm most interested in right now are probably Notre Dame, Michigan and Penn State," Posluszny said.
                          I'd think it is in that order, too. I'd imagine he'll be one of our earlier verbals for the class unless something dramatic happens. At least that's what I keep hearing.

Comment

You mean he isn't a huge Penn State lean?

Comment

Originally posted by peteinsouthbend View Post
                              You mean he isn't a huge Penn State lean?
                              From what I've been told, not in the slightest.

Comment

hmm...how high was older brother rated coming out of high school? whats the word on younger brother? is he "better" than Paul at his age?
                                "Weis was blunt in his own appraisal of where he expects the team to be by the time Aldridge finishes school.

“He told me if they don’t win a national championship in four or five years, that he should be fired,” Aldridge Sr. said.

Comment

How important is height at the LB position? Paul was 6'3" as a high school senior and David is currently 6'0" as a junior.

Comment

We really didn’t get a chance to walk around much,” Dave said of his visit in September. “But this Saturday my brother Stan and I are going to go to the game against North Carolina."
                                    http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=157&p=2&c=585547

David will be making his second unofficial visit to South Bend this weekend. The first was witnessing the thrashing ND gave the Lions in September.

It will be his third trip to ND (Attended a day camp over the summer). I'm really liking ND's chances

Comment

Originally posted by Óglaigh_na_hÉireann View Post
                                      How important is height at the LB position? Paul was 6'3" as a high school senior and David is currently 6'0" as a junior.
                                      I don't think that it is very important at all...Brandon Hoyte was only like 5'11", and I think he was a pretty darn good LB. Zach Thomas would be a professional example of a LB who is very good despite a smaller frame.

I do think size is a plus, but not all that important. Plus, David is still a junior and has plenty of time to add on a couple of inches and pounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Óglaigh_na_hÉireann View Post
                                        He was officially measured at 6'2" at a Scout combine.

Comment

Originally posted by luckofirish8 View Post
                                          I don't think that it is very important at all...Brandon Hoyte was only like 5'11", and I think he was a pretty darn good LB. Zach Thomas would be a professional example of a LB who is very good despite a smaller frame.

I do think size is a plus, but not all that important. Plus, David is still a junior and has plenty of time to add on a couple of inches and pounds.

6-0 is plenty tall. 6-2, if true as reported, is even better. Bottom line-can they play?

Comment

Originally posted by scooper View Post
                                            6-0 is plenty tall. 6-2, if true as reported, is even better. Bottom line-can they play?
                                            No doubt...I couldn't agree more. I believe this is what I was trying to say, as well.

Comment

wow this will be his third visit . i did not know that .
                                              remember God still loves us just a little bit more

Comment

Don't know much about the kid other than his name... is he a Harrison Smith type that could play S or LB?

Comment

Originally posted by HoffVir View Post
                                                  Don't know much about the kid other than his name... is he a Harrison Smith type that could play S or LB?
                                                  Scout has him listed as a safety, but I think as he continues to grow and add weight he will grow into the LB position.

Comment

Originally posted by luckofirish8 View Post
                                                    Scout has him listed as a safety, but I think as he continues to grow and add weight he will grow into the LB position.
                                                    David was All State 2nd Team AAAA Safety(Highest level in PA) as a sophmore last year. However, everything I'v heard has projecting to be an LB at the next level

Comment

Is he going to be at the NC game

Comment

Originally posted by patches12345 View Post
                                                        Is he going to be at the NC game
                                                        Yes

Comment

Added some new pictures. See 2nd post.

Comment

according to rivals, DP received an offer from ND.

Comment

I heard his power hour interview and he sounds like a great kid. too early to tell which school he'll pick but sounds like his parents were very proud of him. ND is a great institution. good luck to DP in the recruiting process and hope we pick up his signature.

GO IRISH!!!

Comment

he sounded like he enjoyed nd on power hour but his parents really liked nd.

Comment

i talked to Paul P. yesterday at the combine. He said that although he hasn't talked to David in a month or so, he seems to be a ND lean.

Comment

Wow more LB love...

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/627773.html

Comment

Originally posted by Nugz View Post
                                                                      i talked to Paul P. yesterday at the combine. He said that although he hasn't talked to David in a month or so, he seems to be a ND lean.
                                                                      what do you mean you talked to him at the combine yesterday. Are you like a reporter or BQ or darius walker or victor abmeineri or something

Comment

O yeah and i think he is almost a lock for Notre Dame, i have seen his interviews on some websites and he seems to give hints of ND.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                                                          Great read! Its not to see that we are his #1 school now, I think he'd be the perfect weakside Linebacker for us!

Comment

i wouldn't say lock at all, u can see if penn state offered and was agressive that would be hard to pass up but i do think we have the upper hand overall

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I think he'll end up at ND.
                                                                              2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #40
                                                                                I don't think he wants to be Paul's lil bro at Penn State, I think he wants to make his own name for himself without his brothers shadow

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  David Posluszny will be at the Irish Spring Practice today, it marks his 5th visit to ND.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    committt Poz....State doesn't want you they haven't even offered you yet...pull the triggeerr

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      hes irish
                                                                                      http://notredame.scout.com/

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Great news! Keep 'em coming Charlie.
                                                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          This is great news! Finally, we get a good linebacker.
                                                                                          Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Profile updated and pictures added.
                                                                                            Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              http://www.southbendtribune.com/apps...6031/-1/Sports

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                6-2 215 sounds better!
                                                                                                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Welcome to the family!

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                                                                    6-2 215 sounds better!
                                                                                                    Rivals has him listed as 6'0" 206, hence some of the concern about size, because of the height. The weight either way is no problem because he will be easily able to add 30 or 40 lbs. before college. I don't think the height is an issue either, even if he is only 6'0", because he will be playing the "Jack" ILB as CB called it, where his primary responsibility will be to stop the run. In any case, size is not an issue with a Posluszny because whatever size is lacking is more than compensated for by determination and heart.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X