Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 VA WR Deion Walker (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • From his junior to senior year he dropped almost out of the rivals 250. He came from a small school. There was way too much hype with him.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by TerryTate View Post
      From his junior to senior year he dropped almost out of the rivals 250. He came from a small school. There was way too much hype with him.
      dang really!? not D-1 material?

      well then at least hes got that ND Degree working for him.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by mick2 View Post
        dang really!? not D-1 material?

        well then at least hes got that ND Degree working for him.
        Agree...He seems like a good kid also. I haven't heard anything about him complaining about playing, he just goes about his business.

        Comment


        • Still surprising... Kid had an impressive offer list and good measurables. Hopefully he does see the field one day. Either way he ends up with an ND degree!!!

          Comment


          • Originally posted by BestBIrish47 View Post
            He looks fast in Uniform..LOL...that is the only assessment I can make based on what I have seen so far.
            When did you make this assessment? when he ran out of the tunnel? I don't ever remember even seeing him on the field.
            I heard it from a reliable source.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chyrspchuck View Post
              When did you make this assessment? when he ran out of the tunnel? I don't ever remember even seeing him on the field.
              I just could'nt help but notice that in your avatar.....that kinda looks like my Ducks olds school uniforms. Are you a closet Duck? LOL! You ARE! That team in the tunnel is an Oregon team from 1996. LOL LOL LOL. Really though, just messin

              Comment


              • Originally posted by chyrspchuck View Post
                When did you make this assessment? when he ran out of the tunnel? I don't ever remember even seeing him on the field.
                No, I saw him run to the Pooper once during the game... man he flew....LOL...

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Wonder Duck View Post
                  I just could'nt help but notice that in your avatar.....that kinda looks like my Ducks olds school uniforms. Are you a closet Duck? LOL! You ARE! That team in the tunnel is an Oregon team from 1996. LOL LOL LOL. Really though, just messin
                  i do like those old yellow and green 2007 unis, kind of look like a duck a little......
                  I heard it from a reliable source.

                  Comment


                  • Deion Walker ó The wideoutís lone career reception came in 2009. He already has a job offer with a bank awaiting him, but is still thinking about playing some football. --according to b&g
                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                      Deion Walker ó The wideoutís lone career reception came in 2009. He already has a job offer with a bank awaiting him, but is still thinking about playing some football. --according to b&g
                      For whom?

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by PANDFAN View Post
                        Deion Walker ó The wideoutís lone career reception came in 2009. He already has a job offer with a bank awaiting him, but is still thinking about playing some football. --according to b&g
                        Take note recruits. Highly touted WR coming out of HS. Sad to say has done absolutely nothing in the college ranks but has a legit job at a bank.
                        I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                          Take note recruits. Highly touted WR coming out of HS. Sad to say has done absolutely nothing in the college ranks but has a legit job at a bank.
                          good point...can be taken two ways. ND will set me for life after football or ND can't develop me to a pro. hopefully guys see it the first way.
                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                          Comment


                          • Not everyone ends up in the NFL.
                            Prehistoric

                            Comment


                            • D's a great guy. He actually interned at a bank for a few weeks after the Sun Bowl last year. I'm assuming it's the same one. The guy's been putting in work. I think he even worked there last summer for awhile in the offseason.

                              Comment


                              • I gotta give the guy some credit. His career hasn't gone like he or us thought but he's hung in there. Seems like a lot of this year's videos show him happy and being part of the team. The team seems to like him too.

                                I say that in the long run, with the team and the degree. he's better off than most. If he's happy, I wish him the best.
                                Last edited by tadman95; 12-01-2011, 11:42 AM.
                                Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

                                Comment


                                • Just makes me think that he never had that love for the game...that's okay though. He came to the school that would set him up for life if he worked in the classroom for it.

                                  Possibly the most athletic banker I know. lol
                                  "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

                                  Comment


                                  • Just to clarify, Walker will graduate with a degree in Management-Consulting from the best undergrad business program in the nation.

                                    So when he says, "I've got a job at a bank," he doesn't mean as a teller or a low level branch manager. He'll be working for an investment bank making great money out the gate.

                                    Comment


                                    • or in the consulting arms or trading

                                      Comment


                                      • funny to look back at names throughout this thread of kids that were supposed to be locks....Baldwin, Butler, floyd and then there is mention of walker and tate as people possibly might get an offer, but that charlie was confident w/ the others
                                        EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                        Comment


                                        • 5th year at UMass.

                                          Yes this is real.

                                          Comment


                                          • good luck and enjoy
                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

                                            Comment


                                            • Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                              5th year at UMass.

                                              Yes this is real.
                                              When this thread popped up I thought he was going to join the Kansas Fightin' Irish.

                                              Comment


                                              • I wish him the best of luck at UMASS...you never know he could become the next Victor Cruz up there.

                                                Comment


                                                • Who knows? Maybe he freaks out and posts huge numbers against inferior talent.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • I really hope he does well at Umass, I was always rooting for him at ND. Toobad things never really worked out.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • He should go to Kansas.

                                                      Comment


                                                      • Originally posted by KPENN View Post
                                                        When this thread popped up I thought he was going to join the Kansas Fightin' Irish.
                                                        Originally posted by OutintheBend View Post
                                                        He should go to Kansas.
                                                        Weis was the one who first buried him on the depth chart. I doubt there was much mutual interest.

                                                        Comment


                                                        • Weis hates him
                                                          What did Davonte do?

                                                          Comment


                                                          • Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                            Weis hates him
                                                            How do you know Weis "hates him?"

                                                            Comment


                                                            • He did say in an Observer article after Kelly came aboard that he had a greater role under Weis. Not sure what he meant by that, as his role seemed to be the same under both coaches -- benchwarmer.

                                                              Anyway I'm glad to hear he's playing his 5th year and I hope he lights it up. By all accounts he's a good student and a good kid.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • he had posted on twitter soon after graduating that he already missed school
                                                                EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

                                                                Comment


                                                                • there was a tweet talking about Molnar getting TWO guys from ND for 5th years. So Deion is the first....who is the second?
                                                                  I DON'T POST A LOT AROUND HERE...BUT WHEN I DO, IT'S USUALLY NON-VALUE ADDED.

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • Originally posted by beryirish View Post
                                                                    there was a tweet talking about Molnar getting TWO guys from ND for 5th years. So Deion is the first....who is the second?
                                                                    Hafis
                                                                    Prehistoric

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • Seemed like he was liked by the team, or at least I never saw or heard anything different. I hope he does well a UMASS, gets to play a lot.
                                                                      Admit it. You looked at the avatar first.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • I'll be rooting for them week three especially.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • They play scUM right? If so they're my second favorite team that week.
                                                                          60% of the time, it works every time.

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • I always liked Deion. I wish it had worked out better for him on the field, but he genuinely seemed to love ND, which is good after all that stuff about him wanting to go to Penn St. He always seemed to have a smile on his face and seemed to be at the front of the line when the team gathered in the endzone after games. Good luck at UMass!!

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • From Inside the Irish. No new news, just confirmation. Hope Deion and Hafis do well.

                                                                              Williams and Walker could be heading to UMass | Inside the Irish

                                                                              Comment


                                                                              • Best of luck to him. Sorry he never really got playing time, but he stuck with it and was part of the team. Hope he gets lots of game time at UMass

                                                                                Comment


                                                                                • Was curious and took a look at his stats this year at Massachusetts.

                                                                                  Turns out he had a solid year with 59 grabs for 667 yards and 3 TDs.

                                                                                  Comment


                                                                                  • Glad to see him doing well.
                                                                                    The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                                                                    Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

                                                                                    Comment


                                                                                    • Originally posted by Riddickulous View Post
                                                                                      Was curious and took a look at his stats this year at Massachusetts.

                                                                                      Turns out he had a solid year with 59 grabs for 667 yards and 3 TDs.
                                                                                      Good for him. Glad he got a shot and played well.
                                                                                      God, Country, Notre Dame

                                                                                      Comment

                                                                                      Adsense

                                                                                      Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X