No announcement yet.

'08 GA DT Omar Hunter (Florida Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would have liked Myron Rolle to go to Notre Dame.

THE REJECTION OF MYRON ROLLE

Of the 20,000 men who have played in the NFL, only two, Colorado running back Byron "Whizzer" White (later a Supreme Court Justice) and former USC quarterback Pat Haden, were also Rhodes Scholars. Myron Rolle wanted to be the next. But there are reasons, beyond raw talent and intelligence, there have been so few.
    For her part, Karioth is glad Rolle's NFL career was short-lived. "The world didn't need another pro football player. But they did need someone putting some care together for the poor in the Bahamas. They did need someone going to Africa with Bill Clinton to take care of fresh water. They did need someone to take foster children and give them a way to look at themselves that has meaning."
    Rolle matched to a neurosurgery residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.Rolle is a Global Neurosurgery Fellow at Harvard Medical School. In July 2020 Rolle stated he felt that due to COVID-19 the NFL should delay or cancel the 2020 season.

He was always interested in Florida State, though I can't imagine the differences between him and many of his teammates. Or Omar.
    Last edited by Legacy; 11-21-2020, 04:17 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
      I would have liked Myron Rolle to go to Notre Dame.

Rolle matched to a neurosurgery residency at Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School.Rolle is a Global Neurosurgery Fellow at Harvard Medical School. In July 2020 Rolle stated he felt that due to COVID-19 the NFL should delay or cancel the 2020 season.

He was always interested in Florida State, though I can't imagine the differences between him and many of his teammates. Or Omar.

You can thank Tom Lemming for Rolle. Pushed him toward ND which turned Rolle off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• This Rutgers game got me thinking about Savon Huggins.
        "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
          First page still shows Omar as an ND solid verbal, can we expect him on campus to early enroll? Seriously, I'm too lazy to look, whatever happened to him?
          I can’t find much but I see that he signed a three year 1.5mil contract with Steelers in April 2013. He was waived July 2013
          "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• Remember when Anthony Vernaglia was once our top recruit in a class.... good times.

Comment

• Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
              Remember when Anthony Vernaglia was once our top recruit in a class.... good times.
              Maybe the worst ND class ever. Sucks because the one before that was one of the best in terms of producing NFL players: Victor Abiamri, John Sullivan, Brady Quinn, Tom Zibikowski, Ryan Harris, Trever Laws, Chinedum Ndukwe, and Jeff Samardzija who would of been had he chosen it over baseball (smart move considering he out-earned all his WR draft mates, including Calvin Johnson). This doesn’t include practice squad guys like Travis Thomas who never saw the field. None of them stars, best was probably John Sullivan who made an All Pro team and was still playing 2 years ago.
              Last edited by phillyirish; 11-22-2020, 10:56 AM.
              .....Before I Get Out

Comment

Remember when Anthony Vernaglia was once our top recruit in a class.... good times.
                Yup. A 5-star from Cali who I can only remember playing on ST.

Comment

• Originally posted by Legacy View Post
                  I would have liked Myron Rolle to go to Notre Dame.

So you can get a good education just about anywhere if you truly want one?

My world is upside down now.
                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• I was very sad about missing out on Arrelious Benn and Ronald Darby. Watching Darby ball out yesterday against the bengals reminded me.

Comment

• Tee Shepard and Deontay Greenberry and their Bang Bang Notre Dame Gang FB page.

Comment

• I really haven't paid any of these people a second thought until visiting this thread. I mean, not ever.

Just Gerald McCoy. Who probably would have ballooned under Ruben Mendoza while being stuffed with Bruno's pizza and maxing out on high weight and low reps.
                        It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                          I really haven't paid any of these people a second thought until visiting this thread. I mean, not ever.

Just Gerald McCoy. Who probably would have ballooned under Ruben Mendoza while being stuffed with Bruno's pizza and maxing out on high weight and low reps.
                          Me and a few guys went to ND's strength and speed camp a couple of times in high school (coincided with the coaches clinic I think).

The one lesson I took and will always retain from the three years we attended was Ruben Mendoza continuously yelling, "IF YOU EAT A WHOPPER, YOU'RE GONNA RUN LIKE A WHOPPER."

My parents spent decent money to send me to a strength and speed camp, run by a professional training staff at a prestigious university, where the primary lesson was "don't eat fast food before football."

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                            Me and a few guys went to ND's strength and speed camp a couple of times in high school (coincided with the coaches clinic I think).

The one lesson I took and will always retain from the three years we attended was Ruben Mendoza continuously yelling, "IF YOU EAT A WHOPPER, YOU'RE GONNA RUN LIKE A WHOPPER."

My parents spent decent money to send me to a strength and speed camp, run by a professional training staff at a prestigious university, where the primary lesson was "don't eat fast food before football."
                            Money well spent.

Comment

Marvin Harrison ate McDonalds before every game while in Indy I've heard.

Wade Boggs it was fried chicken and a case(s) of beer that seemed to do the trick.

Comment

That's cool, and to be fair he was the one that lobbied for training tables so football players at a prestiogious university could actually have proper nutrition, but in the end my lasting impression from the end of that era were Weis' teams not being able to close out games in the fourth quarter because they were sucking wind at the end.

Paul Longo was a pretty good upgrade, and they're doing even better for themselves now in the present.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

Wade Boggs it was fried chicken and a case(s) of beer that seemed to do the trick.
                                  Trump eats nothing but McDonald's and he's a physical specim as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish2155 View Post

RIP Wade Boggs

Comment

• Who could forget the Isiah McKenzie fiasco?
                                      "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

• I like the idea of a thread rehashing past recruiting sagas, both good and bad. I used to follow recruiting very closely when I first joined this board. I can't remember which class did me in. Perhaps it was just the cumulative heart breaks.

Eddie Vanderdoes, Anthony Barr, Deontay Greenberry, Gio Benard, Elijah Hood, Darby....There are just so many. Not to mention the stories about Randy Moss and Allen Iverson.

Comment

• Felt like after the Eddie Vanderdoes saga Kelly stopped taking chances on high risk guys. Definitely haven’t had the recruiting drama that Kelly had his first 5 years.

Comment

• I'm also reminded of the enormous recruiting weekend that ND hosted and then got destroyed by USC. Some kids there actively recruiting against ND, etc. What a mess.

Wasn't ND close to landing Nelson Agholor? I feel like there were a handful of kids around that time period who loved ND but didn't actually choose them in the end. I got my hopes up so often, only to be let down.

Comment

• Originally posted by BleedBlueGold View Post
                                              I like the idea of a thread rehashing past recruiting sagas, both good and bad. I used to follow recruiting very closely when I first joined this board. I can't remember which class did me in. Perhaps it was just the cumulative heart breaks.

Eddie Vanderdoes, Anthony Barr, Deontay Greenberry, Gio Benard, Elijah Hood, Darby....There are just so many. Not to mention the stories about Randy Moss and Allen Iverson.
                                              We cannot talk about Deontay without talking about Tee Shepard. I think Tee Shepard was more confusing. Didnt he have fake transcripts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                We cannot talk about Deontay without talking about Tee Shepard. I think Tee Shepard was more confusing. Didnt he have fake transcripts?
                                                I have no idea what happened with him from an "insider" point of view. He did make it to campus, but I'm not sure they ever got him cleared? I really don't know. Am I remembering that right? Thought I recall him posting videos of himself doing footwork drills and whatnot while at ND...

Comment

• Taylor Decker....ugh

Comment

• I made the mistake of going back through old threads. Crazy to see these names again from almost 10 years ago. There are just too many to list.

ND did flip some guys in their favor though, so all is not lost.

Comment

Taylor Decker....ugh
                                                      Who then proceeded to tank Jaylon's draft stock via a dirty hit in the Fiesta Bowl. F*ck that guy.

Comment

• https://www.facebook.com/groups/bang...epa=SEARCH_BOX

This link cracks me up!!

Comment

I made the mistake of going back through old threads. Crazy to see these names again from almost 10 years ago. There are just too many to list.

ND did flip some guys in their favor though, so all is not lost.
                                                          Funny Drue Tranquill story. I was on a Purdue recruiting visit with a kid I trained. Drue was there because he was committed to them at the time. However he was getting ready to commit to ND shortly after. All he did was talk to the recruits about how good ND was but was a Purdue fanboy every time a Purdue coach was close to us. He was only there because they played Ohio St that day. It made me not like him at the time.

Comment

All he did was talk to the recruits about how good ND was but was a Purdue fanboy every time a Purdue coach was close to us.
                                                            The former is simply true, and the latter was polite.

Comment

• #RollToilet

what could have been.....fucking kill me now..

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                The former is simply true, and the latter was polite.
                                                                It was pretty funny. Gelen Robinson was begging Drue to get the ND coaches to start recruiting him.
                                                                There was an offensive tackle visiting that never left the cafeteria and ate from pre game to post game and then committed elsewhere shortly after.

Comment

There was an offensive tackle visiting that never left the cafeteria and ate from pre game to post game and then committed elsewhere shortly after.
                                                                  King.

Comment

• Originally posted by GATTACA! View Post
                                                                    Eddie Vanderdoes and his stupid Grandma broke my interest in recruiting.
                                                                    That's where I was. As a father of a severely Autistic child, using a possibly phony Autism diagnosis as a reason to back out of a commitment was rather irksome. Felt like a slap in the face to families that do have to deal with the condition on a daily basis. Maybe he really was diagnosed, in which case I wash my hands of the whole thing and wish him well. Seems rather fishy that Autism just happened to come up for the first time when he decided to transfer...money says it was all fabricated.

Comment

• Does Ben Koyack have potential? Asking for a friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishSteelhead View Post
                                                                        Does Ben Koyack have potential? Asking for a friend.

Hey, he got 5 years in the league. Took him awhile, but he finally did some good things his Senior year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ulukinatme View Post
                                                                          That's where I was. As a father of a severely Autistic child, using a possibly phony Autism diagnosis as a reason to back out of a commitment was rather irksome. Felt like a slap in the face to families that do have to deal with the condition on a daily basis. Maybe he really was diagnosed, in which case I wash my hands of the whole thing and wish him well. Seems rather fishy that Autism just happened to come up for the first time when he decided to transfer...money says it was all fabricated.
                                                                          Ah yeah, Eddie Vanderdoesn't.
                                                                          2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

RIP Wade Boggs
                                                                            “First off, Wade Boggs is very much alive.”
                                                                            My CFB Book: https://www.amazon.com/Southbound-Tr.../dp/0692932593

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                              Who then proceeded to tank Jaylon's draft stock via a dirty hit in the Fiesta Bowl. F*ck that guy.
                                                                              Completely forgot about him being behind Jaylon's injury.

Still a solid player though and should've been playing for the good guys. OSU poached our assistants along with players with ease it seemed.

Speaking of, I always held out hope Jaylon could get Zeke to come to ND. Weren't they best friends? Always found it cool that they ended up in Dallas together (eventhough I'm not a Cowboys fan). I remember being down when he committed to OSU. Perhaps that just a pipe dream for me, idk.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blazers46 View Post
                                                                                I thought Lax or somebody on here said the issue was totally on Fresno's end. They sent bad transcripts and only after Tee enrolled did they get the real ones where Tee didn't qualify.

Or something very similar to that

Comment

• Originally posted by zelezo vlk View Post
                                                                                  I thought Lax or somebody on here said the issue was totally on Fresno's end. They sent bad transcripts and only after Tee enrolled did they get the real ones where Tee didn't qualify.

Or something very similar to that
                                                                                  https://www.ndinsider.com/irishstew/...76a00a385.html
                                                                                  His pursuit of a college football career started when he enrolled at Notre Dame in January 2012 but left the school before spring practice started in March. The reason for Shepard's departure remains somewhat clouded, but his high school coach attributed it to an issue with a standardized test score that affected Shepard's enrollment status.
                                                                                  He also had a a hearing impairment and was an EE. I think he actually took classes prior to spring football. But he would be tweeting at like 3am on school nights so I am unsure if he was attending classes or not while on campus. All in all a very wierd situation. I still feel bad for him. He seemed to genuinely want to be at ND.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cackalacky2.0 View Post
                                                                                    https://www.ndinsider.com/irishstew/...76a00a385.html

He also had a a hearing impairment and was an EE. I think he actually took classes prior to spring football. But he would be tweeting at like 3am on school nights so I am unsure if he was attending classes or not while on campus. All in all a very wierd situation. I still feel bad for him. He seemed to genuinely want to be at ND.
                                                                                    Same, it would've been great if he could've stayed.

Comment

• I feel like the last few years under Kelly there has been little to no drama with recruiting. That early signing day is all that I hoped it would be for Notre Dame in terms of being a benefit. They don't seem to screw around and get things done pretty clean.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                      X