Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 GA WR Brice Butler (Southern Cal Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 GA WR Brice Butler (Southern Cal Verbal)

Brice Butler- WR (6'2"/189)
    Norcross HS (Norcross, GA)

Combine
    Forty: 4.59 (Rivals) 4.4 (Scout)
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 245
    Squat Max: 340
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA:

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

Rankings & Accolades
    ESPN 150
    Rivals 100
    Scout 100

Statistics
    2006- 35 Receptions, 681 Yards, 9 TD’s
    2007- N/A

Schools of Interest
    Alabama
    Arizona State
    Auburn
    Cal
    Florida
    Florida State
    Fresno St.
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    LSU
    Louisville
    Miami
    Mississippi St.
    Notre Dame
    Ole Miss
    Oregon St.
    Penn State
    USC (Solid Verbal)
    Virginia Tech
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-17-2007, 09:20 PM.

Last edited by GoshenGipper; 04-25-2007, 11:51 AM.

Comment

Rivals is reporting that Brice Butler has received an offer. If confirmed Butler is the second Georgia athlete in a little over a week to receive an offer. Butler is the son of former FSU & Atlanta Falcons Defensive Back Bobby Butler. Butler claims to have offers from all 14 colleges listed in his Schools of Interest, as well as from 10 other schools.

Comment

Scout/Irish Eyes has confirmed the offer to Brice Butler who becomes the 54th member of the 2008 Irish Envy Official Offer List.

Comment

B&G also now lists Butler as an Offer.

Comment

Brice was offered by USC last week prior to receiving his ND offer, and he and especially his dad, were fairly effusive in their praise of USC. They both came across as being very concerned about two things, media coverage of Brice in college, and depth charts. LA being a media capital was one of the items they mentioned as being a reason for liking USC, but they both mentioned depth chart as an issue, as they want to be sure that Brice has a strong opportunity to play.

If the media coverage aspect is only related to actual athletic coverage, then ND certainly equals or surpasses USC in that aspect. If it is “Hollywood related” type coverage, then obviously USC has a great advantage. If memory serves me, Bobby Butler, although not up to the standards of Neon Deion, was a fairly flamboyant personality with both FSU & the Falcons. I’m not a fan of either of those teams, so please correct me if I’m wrong. If I am correct, it would seem like the Hollywood aspect could possibly be a significant factor. Brice clearly stated that he would like to make his announcement at the AAA game in January if he is selected to the team, so media coverage is definitely on his mind.

As far as depth chart considerations, it would seem that ND would have the advantage here, because USC is always loaded, especially if RoJo ends up at WR.

Anyway, this entire article has to be taken as a USC slant because it was written by a USC recruiting site writer, and even he at the end of the article included a direct comment from Brice that said that USC is not his favorite, in fact he does not have any favorites, and he is not really leaning toward any school. His timetable for announcing would be between the end of his senior year football season and the AAA game where he prefers to announce if participating.

In a subsequent interview by a non-USC writer after receiving the ND offer, Brice had nothing but positive things to say about Charlie Weis, Jimmy Clausen, and the tradition of ND. He also reiterated that his recruiting is wide open right now, and he has not made any visits. He also said that he is hoping to visit USC, but that he is going to visit Notre Dame. Take that FWIW, but it is obvious that Brice Butler has a long way to travel along the recruiting road, and ND does have a chance here because Brice certainly indicates that he has an open mind about the entire process. I would also be surprised if this came down to a battle between ND and USC. If ND is in the mix at the end of the day, I would expect that they would be competing against at least 4 or 5 other schools.

Comment

Brice is being recruited by Bill Lewis for ND, and he definitely wants to make ND one of his visits along with Alabama. He has already taken trips to Penn State, and Arizona St as well. Even though Brice hasn't narrowed his list at all he also seems very interested in Miami, and Florida too along with the other schools I mentioned. Here's a recent qote from Brice about ND.

"That's another big time offer you know because there is some history behind there," he said. "(Notre Dame head coach) Charlie Weis is an offensive genius and they've got Jimmy Clausen, who was the No. 1 senior quarterback in the nation last year."
              Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

Butler is making his ND appearance pretty soon. He will be at the B&G game.

Comment

thats great news!!!

Comment

the word over on DD is he is planning on deciding sometime this week

Comment

I don't know where you dug up the info about Butler wanting notoriety and a decent depth chart to work with, but you're a genius for finding it. Fabulous insight!

I don't have any way of confirming this, but I've heard that Butler wants to commit sometime this week, after having just visited for the Blue and Gold game. Think this bolds well, or would you be more inclined to think the word I heard is folly?

Comment

Looks good! Anybody know if he's gotten around to making that visit to the University of the Spoiled Children?
                        Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Yeah he visited there a couple of weeks ago and liked it and said he wasn't close to making a decision so if he wanted to choose right now after the Blue and Gold game that would mean we are in the drivers seat.

Comment

Yeah, I've heard that he was blown away, and he was qoted as saying that his visit to ND really opened his eyes. His parents also wnat him to go to ND now as well.
                            Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Oh yeah, I almost forgot.

Brice said he really liked the weather too. LOL! Global Warmming is upon us.

Comment

This would be a great pickup

Comment

Yeah how great the first hot day of the year is at the Blue & Gold game and Faurias first visit= commit and Brice Butler= possible future commit. The sun couldn't of come out at a better time.

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                    Yeah how great the first hot day of the year is at the Blue & Gold game and Faurias first visit= commit and Brice Butler= possible future commit. The sun couldn't of come out at a better time.
                                    It wasn't the first hot day of the year. The week before the McDonald and Crist visit it was sunny and in the 70's all week. I guess I wouldn't classify the 70's as hot though either, more like just right.

Comment

Is he the kid that wants to play football on television so the nation knows who he is, if so come on down to ND and the nation will see you play every week.

Comment

brice butler

dd quotes cw as stating he is the most polished receiver. He would be a great addition in a need position,and is supposed to decide this week.
                                        hershey

Comment

Originally posted by hershey View Post
                                          dd quotes cw as stating he is the most polished receiver.
                                          Huh? I thought coaches weren't allowed to comment on prospective recruits. Hard to believe CW said anything like this ...
                                          Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

He told BUTLER that he's the most polished receiver he's seen, not the media.

Comment

Does he have much interest in ND?
                                              God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Trippero,

If he and his parents took the time (not to mention the expense) to visit ND, I'd have to conclude that he at least has an "interest."

Comment

He was at their spring game, and has said in interviews he wants a nationally publicized school, as well as a place where he can move up the depth chart. ND has just lost their two starting receivers, and has an exclusive deal with NBC, so I'd bet he's interested in the Irish.

Comment

Scout doest even list him as having interest in ND. Hope he was blown away by his visit, though.

Comment

Originally posted by DaLastFarleyite View Post
                                                      Trippero,

If he and his parents took the time (not to mention the expense) to visit ND, I'd have to conclude that he at least has an "interest."
                                                      You're right. I didn't know he was at the Spring game. I hope we land him. What receiver who wants exposure wouldn't want to catch ball from jimmy Clausen on national TV every week, not to mention an "offensive genious" of a coach in Charlie Weis? Go Irish!
                                                      God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer3 View Post
                                                        He told BUTLER that he's the most polished receiver he's seen, not the media.
                                                        Got it - that makes a bit more sense. But the "most polished" out of what group? Presumably not the most polished receiver he's EVER seen ... oh, I suppose I'm just being a jerk.
                                                        Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

I believe the way he put it to Butler was that he was the most polished receiver in this year's class that he has seen on game tape.

Comment

Originally posted by markmaysmybich View Post
                                                            Scout doest even list him as having interest in ND. Hope he was blown away by his visit, though.
                                                            While the Scout's ND site, Irish Eye's is quality site IMO the Scout database is terrible and they don't have updates and there are plenty of players that have serious ND interest that they don't even list so don't trust what you see or don't see on the Scoutdata base. The articles are fine just not the database.

Comment

very true about scout thet do not update too quickly some times very slow updating their data base.especially when it omes to schools offering players.irish eyes is very acurate and fast.

Comment

Originally posted by rockne19 View Post
                                                                very true about scout thet do not update too quickly some times very slow updating their data base.especially when it omes to schools offering players.irish eyes is very acurate and fast.
                                                                Mike Frank and the Irish Eyes is a fine site and they get there article's out that are accurate it's just when it comes to the database it doesn't reflect what was said in the article.

Comment

Unless someone else makes a late push for Brice it looks as if it's going to be a ND vs. USC battle to the end. Some of his recent quotes about this past weekend have him leaning toward ND, and some others perceive a set of different quotes from Brice to be cocky therefore they think he'll end up at USC.
                                                                  Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-17-2007, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Does any one know when he plans to decide
                                                                    The man behind the machine that is MMJ

Comment

New pictures added

Comment

Film breakdown of Butler's game by scout

http://notredame.scout.com/2/640339.html

Comment

Originally posted by seniorle View Post
                                                                          Film breakdown of Butler's game by scout

http://notredame.scout.com/2/640339.html
                                                                          The best thing about this article is that it is by a guy associated with Scout who actually seems to know what he is talking about. Go Figya!!

Comment

someone at scout that actually knows something about football?

Get the hell outta here

Comment

• #39
                                                                              That story was great. Brice sounds like he fundamentally understands his position. The other areas he need to work on are workable with good coaching as ND has already.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Scout has re-ranked the Southeast top 150 and Brice made a huge leap and is now the #14 player in the region (which is pretty darn impressive considering we're talking about the SE here) and is right behind our man, Sabino.

If you look at the overal scout 100, that would place Butler anywhere between #40 (Sabino) and #51 (Josh Jarboe) so he should definitely be a top 50 player on Scout. He is currently #102 on the ESPN list.

I sure hope him and Floyd come to ND!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  i don't care if butler only wants to play 3 years and on to the nfl.we'll take him.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    He can say he only wants to play 3 years all he wants and go to the NFL draft early without being ready or has done anything to make him NFL potential. He can do what Darius did, who didn't get drafted. He can say what he wants, he won't leave early if he knows he won't get drafted high, or at all. Let em' say what he wants now because it won't matter in 4 years he can't dictate himself being a first round pick in the NFL coming out his jr. year of college.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      It seems like this young man has been told all his life that he 's "all that". If he is "all that" I hope he goes to Notre Dame and proves it. I think coach Weis could teach him a thing or two and hopefully can show him that getting an education and graduating from a top notch school could be very helpful in the future.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I am willing to bet that he ends up a trojan

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I think you are right.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            You can call me The Yahoo Guy, but today is a slow day and im waiting to go out so heres some more valuable information on a recruit and it looks like to me USC will be his destination. Slanted article or not these are his quotes so I don't know.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...ory_recruiting

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              You are killing me IK1023, first GBW, now Gerard Martinez, the single biggest homer on the Rivals network. As soon as I saw his name in the byline, I stopped reading.

USCFootball.com Senior Analyst says it all. He has never known a recruit offered by USC who did not favor USC.

If I read it, I'd have to go on another rant.

Seriously though, I am just joking about posting these articles, (although I am not joking about Martinez) keep posting them and keep up the good research work, I'll just avoid the rant-worthy ones.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I know, i'm easily influenced by slanted articles.:embarrass

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I would love to have this kid. But something tells me he's gonna end up at U$C or FSU. I want him badly. He's got the ability to become a DB's worst nightmare. I love that about him. If Charlie can persuade him to commit. HELLO!! Future All-American. Catching passes from Jimmy that will be a sight to see if we can get Floyd and him that will be GOOD.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Got this from DD and it was from today....

Notre Dame head coach Charlie Weis has impressed Butler with his offense.

"Their coaching staff is ridiculously good," he said. "Coach Weis is the offensive guy so to say. He was probably the best offensive coach in the NFL. They don't have any big huge impact players at wide receiver, so there is an opportunity there. Clausen will be a good quarterback and they will have quarterbacks every year I will be there."

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X