Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 GA CB/S Jamoris Slaughter (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 GA CB/S Jamoris Slaughter (Signed LOI to ND)

Jamoris Slaughter - CB (6'1"/185lbs)
    Tucker HS (Stone Mountain, GA)

Combine
    Forty: 4.5
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA: 3.0

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

Rankings & Accolades
    Rivals 250 - Rivals #6 S
    Scout #16 S

Statistics
    N/A

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    LSU
    Michigan
    Alabama
    Cal
    Clemson
    Georgia
    Maryland
    Ole Miss
    Tennessee
    Vanderbilt
    Virginia

Multimedia
    Jamoris Slaughter Highlights
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-29-2007, 01:58 AM.

Rivals is reporting that Jamoris has received an offer. If confirmed Jamoris is the second Safety in a little over a week to receive an offer, and the third overall along with Dan McCarthy & Robert Blanton. Slaughter would also be the first 2008 recruit from Georgia to receive an ND offer.

Comment

I really liked his videos on rivals. big player with good speed

Comment

Rivals Article

If you have a Rivals subscription you can view the link. ND is in his top 4....but it could change every day.

*Please don't post links to premium articles*
        Last edited by GoshenGipper; 03-30-2007, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Any relation to my man Webster Slaughter who used to play for the Browns?

Comment

B&G and Scout have both confirmed the Slaughter offer, so welcome to the 53rd member of the Irish Envy Official Offer List for 2008.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron Irish View Post
              Any relation to my man Webster Slaughter who used to play for the Browns?
              You stole my question. Damn you.

I remember during the glory days of Browns football, him and someone else, jumping high in the air and slapping hands (ala Shark and Stovall). Can you remember who it was? I believe I saw it in SI as a kid.
              Yeah, I brought back the side piece of ass thanks to ulukinatme.

Comment

Even though he plays FS, and WR in high school, Notre Dame is recruiting Jamoris as a CB.
                Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

His dad was in the army his rank was Sgt.

Comment

FWIW, Slaughter at #14 nationally is ranked higher than TJ Bryant on the ESPN 150 published today.

Comment

The guys over at DD are saying Slaughter's parents loved the visit to the B&G game and want their kid to play for the Irish.

We've got our meet and potatoes guys already committed (and Filer and Newman will just add to that if they decide to be Irish) -- not it's time to upgrade the speed at the skill positions. Pulling in Slaughter would be a good start.

Comment

If Kyle Rudolph and Dayne Crist are "meat and potatoes guys", then we are in for a hell of a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by irishunclebill View Post
                          FWIW, Slaughter at #14 nationally is ranked higher than TJ Bryant on the ESPN 150 published today.
                          Wow. This is fricking awesome. He's the #14 player OVERALL?!
                          Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by Katzenboyer View Post
                            The guys over at DD are saying Slaughter's parents loved the visit to the B&G game and want their kid to play for the Irish.

We've got our meet and potatoes guys already committed (and Filer and Newman will just add to that if they decide to be Irish) -- not it's time to upgrade the speed at the skill positions. Pulling in Slaughter would be a good start.
                            That brought a tear to my eye
                            The man behind the machine that is MMJ

Comment

If I had to guess I would say ND is going to land him. He talked about how much he enjoyed traveling out of Georgia and seeing other parts of the country, and now he probably wants to leave the state. (FYI, the other two schools in his top three right now are Georgia and GT). He also didn't seem like playing in the cold would be a big deal, and his two new friends, T.Smith and M.Richardson, assurured him that he would get used to it and it wouldn't be a big deal. If all that wasn't enough his parents also strongly support him going to ND because he can play top notch football while getting an IVY League quality education.
                              Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Originally posted by johnnd05 View Post
                                Wow. This is fricking awesome. He's the #14 player OVERALL?!

You betcha! At least according to ESPN. If the Irish were to get both Slaughter and Blanton, there is no doubt IMO that they would be the best DB tandem in the country for the Class of 2008, unless someone else were to land T.J. & the Thrill which is highly unlikely.

Comment

Jamoris Slaughter is expecting an in-school visit from CW & Bill Lewis on Wednesday, followed by another visit before the end of the visiting period from CB & Lewis.

Comment

Link is to a free Scout story on Slaughter, written once again by Allen Wallace. That being said, I shall post it with no comment.

http://recruiting.scout.com/2/644328.html

Comment

This is a FREE story(Or lack there of) by the slanting Michigan staff...

----It's just funny how the headline says how he has a softspot for Michigan, but there is only 2 sentences in the entire article about UM. Basically responding to a question about how he feels about UM and such. He replies that he followed them and played with them on NCAA Football. I just find it funny that they try to slant the smallest stupid thing and it makes me dislike Michigan all that much more.

http://michigan.scout.com/2/645308.html

Comment

I just watched his tape on Rivals, and man does this kid like to hit.

I really hope we can start pulling these kids out of the South.

Comment

On the latest Power Hour, Mike Frank mentioned that he thinks ND leads for Jamoris.

Comment

Don't be suprised if he ends his recuitment this summer and not take it into the season. Apparently he is still glowing over ND.

http://notredame.rivals.com/viewpros...p?pr_key=58827

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                              Don't be suprised if he ends his recuitment this summer and not take it into the season. Apparently he is still glowing over ND.

http://notredame.rivals.com/viewpros...p?pr_key=58827

Lookin good!!

Comment

Fast, Nasty DB's!!! I love it, hopefully he will be irish
                                                My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Lets reel him in Corwin! Go Irish!
                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

According to Jamoris ND is out in front. He also said that he's sure weather he is going to take official visits, but if he does ND would probably be one of them, but he wouldn't have to visit another time to be sure about ND.

Comment

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
                                                      According to Jamoris ND is out in front. He also said that he's sure weather he is going to take official visits, but if he does ND would probably be one of them, but he wouldn't have to visit another time to be sure about ND.
                                                      -------Sounds good Goshen, but do you mean isn't sure about taking official visits? I just want to make sure because It confused me.

Comment

-------Sounds good Goshen, but do you mean isn't sure about taking official visits? I just want to make sure because It confused me.
                                                        Yeah, that's what I ment. He said he isn't sure. If he does the schools he would like to visit are Notre Dame, Michigan, LSU, and Georgia. Then maybe Tennessee and/or Cal as other possiblities. He has already visited ND, Georgia, Vandy, and Auburn.

Comment

ND needs to be like a shark now, smell the blood and go for the kill before it gets away.

Comment

I dunno, I don't like the idea of trying to speed up a kid's time table, especially after the way things turned out with Arrelious Benn last year. We pushed him to go public to the point that he got pissed off, and I'm a little leery about that approach.

And PLEASE, I don't want anybody to respond with, "I hope Slaughter doesn't end up like Benn," and gripe about Benn for the next 5 posts. Its just aninstance where going balls to the wall after a kid has backfired. This is still ultimately about Slaughter, so please keep it on topic.

Let this thing play out. We've got his parents on board already, so I don't see the need to rush when the guys that feed and clothe Jamoris are already, if only subtly, recruiting for ND. If he likes the Irish, and his folks like the Irish... then I like the Irish odds on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenDomer3 View Post
                                                              I dunno, I don't like the idea of trying to speed up a kid's time table, especially after the way things turned out with Arrelious Benn last year. We pushed him to go public to the point that he got pissed off, and I'm a little leery about that approach.

And PLEASE, I don't want anybody to respond with, "I hope Slaughter doesn't end up like Benn," and gripe about Benn for the next 5 posts. Its just aninstance where going balls to the wall after a kid has backfired. This is still ultimately about Slaughter, so please keep it on topic.

Let this thing play out. We've got his parents on board already, so I don't see the need to rush when the guys that feed and clothe Jamoris are already, if only subtly, recruiting for ND. If he likes the Irish, and his folks like the Irish... then I like the Irish odds on this one.

------------I agree with that, but us ND fans are not patient. He can wait for a while it would just be nice for it to be tomorrow.

Comment

To tell you the truth, I have noticed that the day after ND loses out on a recruit, it seems that the II people try to always post positive stories. Today, it was on both Slaughter & Goebel, and I'm not saying that anything in those stories is not true, and I do think ND is in decent shape with both Slaughter & Goebel, but it's not hard to slant a story to make it as positive as possible when you want to. Especially, with a guy like Slaughter, everyone knows how difficult it is to get a kid from SEC country out of the SEC. No one was better at it than CW last year, so hopefully he will succeed again, but I don't see it happening quickly.

Meanwhile, just think what a trio of CB's the Irish would have with Gray, Blanton, and Slaughter, and now they will most likely all have the same eligibility status. One from NC, one from SC, and one from GA. Sweet!

Comment

Man....that Benn situation sure sucked

Comment

Originally posted by irishunclebill View Post
                                                                    To tell you the truth, I have noticed that the day after ND loses out on a recruit, it seems that the II people try to always post positive stories. Today, it was on both Slaughter & Goebel, and I'm not saying that anything in those stories is not true, and I do think ND is in decent shape with both Slaughter & Goebel, but it's not hard to slant a story to make it as positive as possible when you want to. Especially, with a guy like Slaughter, everyone knows how difficult it is to get a kid from SEC country out of the SEC. No one was better at it than CW last year, so hopefully he will succeed again, but I don't see it happening quickly.

Meanwhile, just think what a trio of CB's the Irish would have with Gray, Blanton, and Slaughter, and now they will most likely all have the same eligibility status. One from NC, one from SC, and one from GA. Sweet!

---------IUB I think you're reading too much into the articles just because we lost out on Sweat which everybody and their mother knew he was going to OSU in the first place. I thought we have people higher on our list with about 1 spot left so I was expecting it and would rather have an OLB. I've heard we've been leading for Slaughter for a long time now so it's nothing new.

Comment

Slaughter has listed a top 3.....
                                                                      LSU
                                                                      Michigan
                                                                      Notre Dame

-------He said ND leads but partly because he hasn't been to see the other 2 schools. Sees himself as a cornerback in college which is what we're recruiting him as and not many other teams if any. He plans to make a decision late this summer.

Comment

Just for the record, he was bumped up 1 spot to #13 on ESPN's 150 list :)

I sure hope he comes to ND

Comment

I for one am praying extremely hard to get this one

Comment

I have tried to follow the recruiting this year, and he seems to be one we need.
                                                                            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #39
                                                                              http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_...fid=&tid=&mid=

Irish out in front?

Apparently, Notre Dame made a lasting impression on Jamoris Slaughter.

The defensive back from Stone Mountain, Ga., visited the Irish program for the Blue-Gold Game in late April, a trip that's stuck with the 6-foot-1, 185-pound athlete. In fact, Slaughter said he's debating making a late-summer decision with Notre Dame moving up the charts.

"I would say they're out there in front for me right now," Slaughter said. "I know it's a school where most people really want to go but don't get a chance to go. They're very selective in how they pick their team. A big factor is the degree because you can get a job anywhere."

"It's a good pick overall."

Comment

• #40
                                                                                cw and cb we need some of your magic.GO IRISH!!!!

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I'm starting to get the warm fuzzy's with this one....come on staff get this one!!

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    This guy would be a great pick up and he is talking more then just getting to the next level. You got like that with ND players.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      http://notredame.rivals.com/barrier_...fid=&tid=&mid=

Irish out in front?

Apparently, Notre Dame made a lasting impression on Jamoris Slaughter.

The defensive back from Stone Mountain, Ga., visited the Irish program for the Blue-Gold Game in late April, a trip that's stuck with the 6-foot-1, 185-pound athlete. In fact, Slaughter said he's debating making a late-summer decision with Notre Dame moving up the charts.

"I would say they're out there in front for me right now," Slaughter said. "I know it's a school where most people really want to go but don't get a chance to go. They're very selective in how they pick their team. A big factor is the degree because you can get a job anywhere."

"It's a good pick overall."
                                                                                      It's almost like I paraphrased that info last week or something. LOL!

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        slaughter and hunter sound pretty good together.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          gI have a few friends that live up there where he does and they say this kid is really good. would be great if he did come to nd.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Does anyone know who his final three are?

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Notre Dame is one of them

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by tedthehead View Post
                                                                                                Does anyone know who his final three are?
                                                                                                This is the way I've heard it:

The final 3 are Notre Dame, LSU, and Michigan.

Notre Dame is the leader right now - in part a tribute it being the only school of his top 3 that he has visited. His parents love the academics and graduation rates that ND offers their student athletes, so it looks like they are on board.

Michigan was the school he followed as a kid, though not to the same degree as Omar Hunter. He more or less explained it as, Michigan was the school he would use while playing on NCAA Football video games.

He is uncertain about being able to visit LSU and Michigan, due to monetary considerations.

Guys that have talked to Slaughter are coming back from their conversations with reports that Slaughter is saying a lot of things that look very good for ND's odds.

In other words, its looking like somebody will need to pull off a knock-him-off-his-feet kind of visit to pass ND on this one. And given the ND endorsement from his parents, it might be harder to do than simply wow the kid, if you follow.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  This is the way I've heard it:

The final 3 are Notre Dame, LSU, and Michigan.

Notre Dame is the leader right now - in part a tribute it being the only school of his top 3 that he has visited. His parents love the academics and graduation rates that ND offers their student athletes, so it looks like they are on board.

Michigan was the school he followed as a kid, though not to the same degree as Omar Hunter. He more or less explained it as, Michigan was the school he would use while playing on NCAA Football video games.

He is uncertain about being able to visit LSU and Michigan, due to monetary considerations.

Guys that have talked to Slaughter are coming back from their conversations with reports that Slaughter is saying a lot of things that look very good for ND's odds.

In other words, its looking like somebody will need to pull off a knock-him-off-his-feet kind of visit to pass ND on this one. And given the ND endorsement from his parents, it might be harder to do than simply wow the kid, if you follow.
                                                                                                  GD3- Pretty optimistic assessment. Hope you're right. I'll be :)

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Scout.com: Recruiting week in review.

Slaughter’s summer schedule will determine when he makes his college choice. If he can arrange trips to Michigan and LSU, he plans to commit before his season begins. If not, he plans to take official visits and commit sometime after that.......I guess that means he will be visiting Michigan and LSU no matter what, which I wasn't aware of...

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X