Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 IN WR John Goodman (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 IN WR John Goodman (Signed LOI to ND)

John Goodman - WR (6'4"/192)
    FW Bishop Dwenger HS (Ft. Wayne, IN)

Combine
    Forty: 4.5
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max:
    Squat Max:
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

Rankings & Accolades
    2008 - Rivals 250
    Rivals #29 WR

Statistics
    -Receiving: 40 Rec 815 Yds 10 TDs

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    Iowa
    Purdue
    Indiana
    Illinois

Media
    Fort Wayne Journal Gazette [Local Press]
    Dwenger’s Goodman commits to Notre Dame
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 08-08-2007, 03:50 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Last edited by GoshenGipper; 03-05-2007, 04:43 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

He is a tall WR. But how good is he?

Comment

John said he already has offers from Ball State, Purdue, Iowa, and Michigan. He expects Michigan St. and Minnesota to offer very soon as well, but he said his three favorites are Michigan, Notre Dame, and Ohio State.

John plans on deciding before his Sr. year, which is the the begging of August here in Indiana.

Comment

A lot of my friends and family went to Bishop Dwenger (his high school). One of my cousins was telling me about this kid last year and how he is an incredible athlete. Virtually everyone from this school grew up ND fans so I have a hard time believing the Irish wouldn't be his first choice. I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything.

Comment

<TABLE class=stats cellSpacing=0 border=0><TBODY><TR class=groupheader><TD style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: white" width="100&#37;"> </TD><TD colSpan=4>Receiving</TD><TD class=buffer> </TD><TD colSpan=4>KOR</TD><TD class=buffer> </TD><TD colSpan=3>PR</TD></TR><TR class=header><TD class=first width="100%">Statistics</TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD>No</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD> </TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Avg</TD><TD>TD</TD></TR><TR><TD class=first>2006 (Jr.)</TD><TD>40</TD><TD>815</TD><TD>20.4</TD><TD>10</TD><TD> </TD><TD>10</TD><TD>416</TD><TD>41.6</TD><TD>2</TD><TD> </TD><TD>244</TD><TD>17.4</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

That works out to 14 TDs on 64 touches or 1 TD every 4.8 touches. That's an incredible number. Is the competition any good?

Comment

i'm somewhat familiar with their schedule and i would have to say the competition is decent.

Comment

6-5 and 4 return TDs? Must be athletic!
                2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

I live in fort wayne. Ive seen this kid play. Hes a good player. The competition is decent. about 5 good football teams in fort wayne.
                  Return to Glory.......GO IRISH!!

Comment

Good to hear from the locals that he plays against decent competition.

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                    6-5 and 4 return TDs? Must be athletic!
                    Last summer he ran a 4.51 (electric) 40 at UM's camp and 4.53 at ND's camp. He obviously lacks Rocket's speed but he can motor. With added strength he'd could be tough for a CB to bring down in the open field. He did well in one on one drills at the USA AA Combine recently.

Comment

looks like a guy that we need to grab and have a descent shot at

Comment

Could be a top notch possession receiver, if we can nab him.

Comment

read that we offered him friday..

Comment

John will be visiting ND this weekend, and if things go well it seems like there is a very good chance he might go ahead and commit.
                            Last edited by GoshenGipper; 02-28-2007, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Read he will wait until basketball season is over to decide, which shouldn't be more than a couple of weeks depending how far his team goes.

Comment

He played "Walter" to perfection
                                The man behind the machine that is MMJ

Comment

Rivals is hinting that he may make a decision soon, though not until after his basketball season is over. Anyone know when that is?
                                  Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

It just depends on how far his team goes in the playoffs. Ft. Wayne Bishop Dwenger plays Ft. Wayne Concordia in the 2nd semi-final of Sectional 23 tonight.

2006-07 IHSAA Boys Basketball 97th Annual State Tournament Series

Comment

anyone know any dropped pass counts for him though?
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1H-DuFERo

Comment

From what I heard on Power Hour the other night Weis really wanted to extend the offer to him at JR. day a couple of weeks ago I thik it was but they already had offers out to Buckner and the kid from Minnesota. They consider him one of the top receivers in the class from what they saw almost on the level of Buckner who commited to Texas, after he told everyone and there mother that he was committing to ND at the AAA Combine.

Comment

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
                                          It just depends on how far his team goes in the playoffs. Ft. Wayne Bishop Dwenger plays Ft. Wayne Concordia in the 2nd semi-final of Sectional 23 tonight.

2006-07 IHSAA Boys Basketball 97th Annual State Tournament Series
                                          John's team (Bishop Dwenger) beat Concordia 69-59 on Fri. night, and they will now face Fort Wayne Bishop Luers for the final of Sectional 23 for a 3A Sectional Championship. The game will be played Sat. night at 7pm at Bellmont High School. Given that I would guess that it's unlikely that John will attend Jr. Day at ND tomorrow.

On a side note Goshen upset Elkart Central and they will now play Penn tomorrow night in the Sectional 4 final for a 4A Sectional Championship. Go Big Red, KILL THE KINGSMEN!

Comment

Bishop Luers beat Bishop Dwenger 72-70 tonight, so John's Basketball season is now over.

Comment

Can't he still go. JR day doesn't start until tommorrow, how long of a drive is it to South Bend from where he lives?

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock View Post
                                                Can't he still go. JR day doesn't start until tommorrow, how long of a drive is it to South Bend from where he lives?
                                                Jr. day is when? Ft. Wayne to South Bend is ~2 hours or so.

Comment

Jr day is the fourth.

Comment

To my understanding he has already been to one Jr. day and done all the on field stuff, this trip is so he can go with his family and sit down with coach Weis and talk about everything, its not that big a deal if he misses on field stuff, this visit is more for his parents.

Comment

Scout is reporting that Goodman committed to ND today!!

Comment

DAMN. What a day. That is wicked exciting!
                                                        Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Great day for the Irish! Goodman sounded like our kind of guy on Power Hour last week. I can't wait to see who is next.
                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Profile updated to represent commit. :)

Comment

Excellent news....height and good speed.....

Comment

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...s/16833918.htm

Dwenger’s Goodman commits to Notre Dame
                                                                By Michael Rothstein
                                                                The Journal Gazette

Bishop Dwenger wide receiver John Goodman orally committed to play football at Notre Dame beginning in 2008, his coach, Chris Svarczkopf, said during a phone interview Sunday.

Goodman was at Notre Dame’s junior day for potential prospects when he committed to Irish head coach Charlie Weis.

“He’s an outstanding combination of speed and fundamentals and work ethic,” Svarczkopf said. “He’s a great team player.

Goodman held off his decision until basketball season concluded. Dwenger lost to rival Bishop Luers in the Bellmont Sectional final Saturday night.

Goodman is the second commitment to Notre Dame in the Class of 2008, joining offensive lineman Mike Golic, the son of former Irish standout and ESPN radio host Mike Golic.

Weis is forbidden from discussing Goodman publicly until National Signing Day in February, 2008.

Comment

great news. glad to have him aboard.

Comment

I hope they save #83 for him, I would like to see another 6-5 WR run around in that jersey.

Comment

Another good pick up glad to have you aboard.

Comment

2 Indiana kids already too! Welcome to both.

Comment

http://www.fox28.com/Streamer/stream...t.php?ID=14616

Link to an Interview of him committing and has some highlights ( The First I've seen of him )

Comment

Knight, that link goes to Braxston Cave's commitment. Is there a different link for goodman?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by seniorle View Post
                                                                              Knight, that link goes to Braxston Cave's commitment. Is there a different link for goodman?
                                                                              It went to the Goodman story, but Fox 28 just updated their videos. If you go to their web site and look around it's probably there somewhere. The station is WSJV - Fox 28

Comment

• #40
                                                                                It went to the Goodman story, but Fox 28 just updated their videos. If you go to their web site and look around it's probably there somewhere. The station is WSJV - Fox 28
                                                                                I did this, but only found a short text story. It said that Goodman is 6-2, 180. All accounts seem to be he's taller than that.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  John was on Power Hour tonight, and guess who he said called him the day after he committed to ND. None other than the Florida cockwads.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Someone needs to spill poison into those dbags' coffee.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by Jason Pham View Post
                                                                                      Someone needs to spill poison into those dbags' coffee.
                                                                                      Ok I'm only two hours from Gainesville I'll let you know how it goes after I complete operation KILL COCKWAD...

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by irishunclebill View Post
                                                                                        John was on Power Hour tonight, and guess who he said called him the day after he committed to ND. None other than the Florida cockwads.
                                                                                        Haha, John's high school football/track coach wouldn't give Florida's coaches John's phone number when they called.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          They did that with Cave as well.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            we need o fight fire with fire go irish!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              John also said he will be playing QB during his senior season.

I'm not going to give UF too much crap about Cave though. They were already recruiting him pretty hard to begin with.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                John also said he will be playing QB during his senior season.

I'm not going to give UF too much crap about Cave though. They were already recruiting him pretty hard to begin with.
                                                                                                GG- You are right, that is different. Cave had already had contact with Mattison right?, before he committed, but in Goodman's case he had never heard a word until the day after his commit announcement.

BTW, you touched on it in an earlier post, and just to clarify it, John did not actually speak to anyone at Florida and did not mention the name of the coach who called. Florida called John's High School (talked to his coach, I think) and asked for John's number, which they politely refused to divulge.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  thank god for his coach's sensibility

Flordia needs to stop poaching other school's players. Or at least just ours ;)
                                                                                                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK1H-DuFERo

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I wonder if they wanted to tell him that it snows in south bend and it is very sunny and nice in florida all the time. It seem like they(FL) have an ax to grind w ND or maybe just CW.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X