Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 MI DE Nick Perry (USC Verbal)

Nick Perry (6'4"/225lbs)
    Martin Luther King Jr. High School (Detroit, MI)

Schools of Interest:
    Indiana
    Iowa
    Michigan
    Michigan St.
    Nebraska
    Notre Dame
    USC
    W.Virginia
    Wisconsin

Combine
    Forty: 4.51
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 315
    Squat Max: 400
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:
    GPA: 3.3

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Statistics
    2004 -
    2005 -
    2006 - 75 Tkls, 11 Scks
    2007 - 32 Scks

Rankings & Accolades
    2004 -
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 - Rivals 250, Rivals #4 WDE, Scout 300, Scout #17 DE

Multimedia & Resource Links
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 12-03-2007, 10:57 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Reserved for photos
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Are we making a late push for this guy? heard hes pretty good

Comment

He doesn't list us a school of interest on Scout or Rivals, though that could be out of date. So I'm not sure.
        Last edited by SoCalDomer; 12-03-2007, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Yes we are really pushing hard for him, in his final season he had 32 sacks!

Him and Datone Jones would make a great finish to a spectacular defensive haul this year.

Comment

Wow sounds good to me. Hopefully Corwin can work some magic on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ChicagoIrishfan View Post
              Yes we are really pushing hard for him, in his final season he had 32 sacks!

Him and Datone Jones would make a great finish to a spectacular defensive haul this year.
              He actually accumulated 36 sacks, and IMO if we land him he will start from day one. He is the definition of a beast. Best player in Michigan on the defensive side of the ball in a long time IMO. He goes to MLK High School not McKenzie anymore. McKenzie was shut down last spring.

Comment

Yes, ND is going after Nick Perry. It has been known for sometime that ND would like one more DE or a OLB/DE. It appears that it'll be first come first serve between N.Perry, D.Jones, and K.Lewis-Moore.

Comment

Profile updated

Comment

What info do we have on him? Who are his leaders?

Comment

Not to sure yet, I do know that he doesn't yet have an official offer from ND, but he does have offeres from everyone else on his interest list. Michigan was the big leader here and it was thought to be a foregone conclusion that Nick would end up there, but with the retirement of Lloyd Carr that has opended everything back up. ND is said to be in his top 5 and you'd have to assume that Michigan would still be in there as well. He's also said to have some interest in Iowa and Michigan St. as well.

Coach Haywood visited Nick at school on Monday.

Comment

Guys,
                        I see Corwin visited Nick today. Let's hope we can make a late close on this kid. He is a BEAST. I know he is looking at MSU which is not good. If he goes Lansing, Jimmy and Dayne will be running from this guy for several seasons. He is unblockable. He just terrorizes everyone.
                        DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! So does a mobile QB!!!

Comment

A 4-star on both Rivals and Scout, yet I didn't see his name on the roster of either of the All-American games (Under Armour nor Army) ... I wonder why?!?

Comment

He is too mean. Might hurt someone. Say a prayer he does not end up MSU. If so, he will be a nightmare for ND in the upcoming years.
                            DEFENSE WINS CHAMPIONSHIPS!! So does a mobile QB!!!

Comment

We already can't block Saint-Dic.

Comment

With Omar Hunter gone, do we now give Nick Perry an offer? I know he won't fill the tackle spot that Hunter has vacated, but I don't see why we wouldn't want another D Lineman.

Go Irish - This is my 100th IE post!
                                The future of Fighting Irish football is looking bright!!!

Comment

Perry has zero interest in Notre Dame.

Comment

well that solves taht

Comment

Someone please tell me that he NOW has an official offer. He would zero out the loss of Hunter in my opinion.

Comment

I was stated before he has NO interest in N.D.

Comment

I don't see Nick coming to ND either.
                                          Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Nick Perry Goes Visiting

He will visit Southern Cal, Michigan and Miami (Fla.) in the coming weeks. He visited Michigan State in December and while he says Notre Dame and Purdue are still in the picture, it appears his choice will come down to the first four schools.
                                            Article can be read here: HIGHLY TOUTED RECRUIT LOOKING AROUND: King's Perry set to visit U-M, USC, Miami

Comment

OK well I'm not so sure I can believe much from somebody that calls himself "The U." Kid sounds a little self centered, complaining about not getting to play a lot in the AAA game because as a team they did really well.

Comment

Originally posted by NDBCSChamps View Post
                                                OK well I'm not so sure I can believe much from somebody that calls himself "The U." Kid sounds a little self centered, complaining about not getting to play a lot in the AAA game because as a team they did really well.
                                                As I tell my kids (and wife when she listens) there are "wants" and "needs" in life. From ND's perspective (based on what commits they already have), this kid is NOT a "NEED" and based on his selfish comments, I'm hoping the ND coaching staff isn't even considering him a "WANT"! If he calls himself "The U", then he probably best fits in at "da U".

Comment

He seems to have a ton of talent, but from what I'm hearing, he's probably not an ND type of kid. Am I correct?
                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Wherever he goes, he will likely make an impact as a freshman. He's very underrated nationally. 36 sacks in Detroit is just crazy.

Comment

As an "Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.", does he still have eligibility??
                                                      Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

36 sacks? Thats ridiculous. What was his competition like?
                                                        God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Trippero View Post
                                                          36 sacks? Thats ridiculous. What was his competition like?
                                                          He must've faced Notre Dame 2007- style O-Lines.....
                                                          2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Ok, Nick Perry isn't calling himself "The U", thats the reporter referring to either his website or something silly. Also, I can understand the disappointment of not playing much. You go down to Texas, practice all week, and in return you dont even get to feel like you played a game.

Based off this article, it doesnt tell me anything about whether or not he's an ND guy. ND is close, if he makes it to campus, you never know what may happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                                                              He must've faced Notre Dame 2007- style O-Lines.....
                                                              Ouch, that hurt. It hurt because its so close to the truth.

Comment

Verbaled to USC over Michigan, Michigan St., and Miami.

Comment

I wish he would of gone to Miami, don't really want to play this kid a lot.
                                                                  My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Originally posted by fitz_bu47 View Post
                                                                    I wish he would of gone to Miami, don't really want to play this kid a lot.
                                                                    Ditto, but I'm at least glad that he didn't go to Dick Rod and scUM squad!

Comment

it has to be the 6 foot snow drifts he sees in MI compared to the sand dunes he saw in LA.

maybe somone should have mailed him a postcard from Miami Beach

Comment

Despite repeated efforts to get him admitted, USC had to say too bad so sad to Nick this week as it appears he won't be admitted in 2008. It's unclear what his plans are at this point.

Comment

Its sad to see that happen to any kid.
                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Damn that sucks. He should have been a 5*. He was interested in us but his grade problems were why we didn't return that interest.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              maybe dick-rod will try to get him to come aboard. he has a history of passing academically challenged recruits through admissions. Perry is from Michigan, isn't he?

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                                                                                maybe dick-rod will try to get him to come aboard. he has a history of passing academically challenged recruits through admissions. Perry is from Michigan, isn't he?
                                                                                Yep from Detroit.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Detroit Free Press has him listed as very interested in MSU, they have made exceptions like this before, and so has scUM, but per the article it appears MSU bound.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I don't want him to go to a school that plays our Irish. No doubt that the kid has a ton of talent.
                                                                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by SoCalDomer View Post
                                                                                      Despite repeated efforts to get him admitted, USC had to say too bad so sad to Nick this week as it appears he won't be admitted in 2008. It's unclear what his plans are at this point.
                                                                                      wrong

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        So, what is the deal?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Does anyone care?

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                                                                                            So, what is the deal?
                                                                                            I believe he did eventually get admitted.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by realitycheck View Post
                                                                                              wrong
                                                                                              if you read carefully, I said "it appears" and my comments were "at this point". as of the time I posted that, Perry was not going to get admitted to USC and he started looking around to other schools like Michigan State. thank goodness USCs stringent standards are written in pencil.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by SoCalDomer View Post
                                                                                                thank goodness USCs stringent standards are written in pencil.
                                                                                                Hey, spelling C-A-T is tougher than it looks when crib notes are not allowed. That's those stringent U$C scholastic moderators though ... they're tough customers!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  and have promising careers as wal-mart employees, excuse me sir do you need a sticker?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X