Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 CA ILB Anthony McDonald (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 CA ILB Anthony McDonald (Signed LOI to ND)

Anthony McDonald - ILB (6'3"/220lbs)
    Notre Dame HS (Sherman Oaks, CA)

Combine
    Forty: 4.5
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 350
    Squat Max: 450
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

Rankings & Accolades
    2008 Rivals 250
    Rivals #9 ILB
    Scout 300

Statistics
    -Defense: 101 Tck 30 TFL 10 Sck

Schools of Interest
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    USC
    California
    Ole Miss
    UCLA
    Boston College
    Stanford
    Virginia
    Washington
    Oregon

Media:
    LA Times [Local Press]
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-16-2007, 11:01 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Anthony reports a 3.4 GPA, and he also reportedly recently recieved an official offer from ND.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

A 4.5 40 for a 220 pound linebacker? That's the kind of athleticism we need on defense to compete with the USCs and LSUs.

Get him in, Charlie!

Comment

This kid's dad played fullback for SC during the 70's

Comment

IF SC offers then it might be hard to get him out of socal, but the early offer and attention only helps

Comment

this kid sounds like a pretty level headed kid. would be nice to get him but if usc offers it's going to be tough.

Comment

According to the inimitable Mike Farrell, McDonald is high on the Irish, and McDonald is quoted as saying he definitely favors Notre Dame. I just wish the story was coming from a different guy than the one who predicted that if ND lost anyone on NSD, it would be Ian Williams.

Comment

From everything I've seen it looks like it'll be a USC/ND battle.

Comment

I think he'll be Irish before the snow melts in South Bend.

Comment

That's not saying much considering we're supposed to be getting a lot more dumped on us tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Katzenboyer View Post
                      A 4.5 40 for a 220 pound linebacker? That's the kind of athleticism we need on defense to compete with the USCs and LSUs.

Get him in, Charlie!
                      You know they got one this year in Aaron Nagel (6-1 215lbs 4.52 40)? And Steve Paskorz wasn't too far off (6.1 215lbs 4.6).

Comment

on the Signing day power hour Nagel was on and he said when he reports he plans to be 6-1 225-230 and run a sub 4.5 40...... I LIKE!

Comment

Originally posted by IrishRamMan10 View Post
                          on the Signing day power hour Nagel was on and he said when he reports he plans to be 6-1 225-230 and run a sub 4.5 40...... I LIKE!
                          If true, he may end up being the Irish's 3-star Larianitus(sp?)/Hawk

Comment

And he is a smart guy too....and he already hits hard at 215; gotta like the extra impact if he is not giving up speed.

Getting another LB with speed would be great as well. Would be great to pull A Mac out of Cali

Comment

only problem ( which i didnt know) was that he playes safey all in high school and he is just getting used to LB... but once he settles in he has the physical tools to be a great LB.

Comment

only problem ( which i didnt know) was that he playes safey all in high school and he is just getting used to LB... but once he settles in he has the physical tools to be a great LB.
                                I think that won't be a problem. Didn't Nagel play safety in high school as well?

You can't teach the athleticism this guy has, but you can teach him how to play LB.

Comment

Rivals reports this kid with a heavy Irish lean. Then again, do you trust the source? Good athletic kid, though. Be great to see some big defensive talent this year (although I think Aaron Nagel is highly underrated from this years class).

Comment

aggree on Nagel

Comment

Originally posted by IrishinTN View Post
                                      Rivals reports this kid with a heavy Irish lean. Then again, do you trust the source? Good athletic kid, though. Be great to see some big defensive talent this year (although I think Aaron Nagel is highly underrated from this years class).

I would love if he came to nd but it's a little early to know what some of these kids are going to do.

I agree about nagel. I think he's going to be a great player for nd.I think he's going to bring some toughest to this defence.

Comment

Dayne Crist and Anthony McDonald are High School teammates and apparently plan on traveling together to ND for an extended trip in April. There seems to be a pretty solid chance that they will be a package deal wherever they go, and thus far ND is the only school to offer both. McDonald is talking like he is a heavy ND lean. When he got his offer from ND, he told Crist that now it is his turn to also get an ND offer. Being the first to offer both should give the Irish an advantage, but with the Poodle around and the USC legacy aspect, a package deal for these guys is going to be difficult.

Comment

Dear Lord,

Please don't let the Condums offer him. He's a heavy ND lean. Please help him become a commitment.

Amen.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan81 View Post
                                            Dear Lord,

Please don't let the Condums offer him. He's a heavy ND lean. Please help him become a commitment.

Amen.
                                            Where's the confidence in Weis? Are we being scared of Carrol and USC?

Comment

I think a prayer was a good idea. At least, it never hurts. :)
                                              Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Which coach is recruiting this guy?

Comment

Originally posted by Stalking_Eagle View Post
                                                  Which coach is recruiting this guy?
                                                  Rivals does not list anyone specifically as McDonald's recruiting coach, but all of his communication with ND seems to be going through Corwin Brown. It's only March 6, but McDonald is now talking like he will almost certainly verbal commit to ND when he makes his unofficial visit in mid-April. Hopefully he will not receive an offer from the Poodle in the interim to cloud his judgement.

Comment

there are two must get to me, it's mcDonald and floyd. if nd can get both players I think others will follow.

Comment

I think 2 other must gets are Filer and Cywnar

Comment

I detest the poodle and all that he stands for

Comment

I think 2 other must gets are Filer and Cywnar
                                                          I agree with you, but since we got Cywnar today it's now Filer and Floyd, both will be big time talents.

Comment

People keep saying that he is a heavy ND lean and that what he has been saying things that would indicate this. Does anybody have any links on this?

Comment

http://notredame.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=649495

Its on Rivals

Comment

Thanks

Comment

He will make a great addition to the 08 class. He has all the tools to be a great player, both academically and physically. Look forward to his commitment.

Comment

Originally posted by irishunclebill View Post
                                                                    Rivals does not list anyone specifically as McDonald's recruiting coach, but all of his communication with ND seems to be going through Corwin Brown. It's only March 6, but McDonald is now talking like he will almost certainly verbal commit to ND when he makes his unofficial visit in mid-April. Hopefully he will not receive an offer from the Poodle in the interim to cloud his judgement.
                                                                    Just because McDonald commits in April would not necessarily stop Carroll from offering. I want McDonald because he wants to come to ND, not because USC didn't offer.

Comment

Originally posted by Akron Irish View Post
                                                                      I saw this yesterday, but this is a content link....the headline doesn't say where he's leaning. In fact, it is from the Oregon rivals site. Does the actual interview indicate that he is leaning to ND??

Comment

Originally posted by RichardRiot View Post
                                                                        I saw this yesterday, but this is a content link....the headline doesn't say where he's leaning. In fact, it is from the Oregon rivals site. Does the actual interview indicate that he is leaning to ND??
                                                                        yes
                                                                        remember God still loves us just a little bit more

Comment

Originally posted by tommy View Post
                                                                          yes
                                                                          Thank you....

Comment

Originally posted by RichardRiot View Post
                                                                            Thank you....
                                                                            no prob dude

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Goodman basically said it is going to be very hard NOT to commit when he comes for the next Junior Day in April.

And apparently his dad has been swayed and now really really likes ND, despite being a USC grad.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by FleaFlicker View Post
                                                                                Goodman basically said it is going to be very hard NOT to commit when he comes for the next Junior Day in April.

And apparently his dad has been swayed and now really really likes ND, despite being a USC grad.
                                                                                Goodman or McDonald?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  I think he means McDonald

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    gallup21 has a nice interview with him up on his site. Based on him comments, looks like a ND lock. I expect a commit in April

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      yeah it's pretty rediculous how much love he has for them, but USC did lose out on their top LB prospect in Cali and now they'll problably be going after him hard. Hopefully he'll realize that he was ND's first priority and not his home states.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        He did say that he had enough offers to make a decision, so I am not worried he is about as close to a lock as possible.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I heard from another forum that a writer, Pete or something said (before the Cwynar commit) that the people most likely to commit to us sooner rather than later would be Cwynar, Filer, Rudolph, and McDonald. Well since then Cwynar has commited, Rudolph named us his leader and McDonald states the obvious. Now that Filer plays the recruiting game just like his personality, that has to be a good sign that all 4 are looking good SO FAR

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by GoIrish41 View Post
                                                                                            Goodman or McDonald?
                                                                                            Yeah, I meant McDonald, my bad

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              This was a good interview and you got to like his answers all positives for ND so far.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                We have McDonald. The only way we lose him is if he pulls a trattou on us.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                                                                  We have McDonald. The only way we lose him is if he pulls a trattou on us.
                                                                                                  No, this would be more like a Marc Tyler or A. Benn. :(

Still, I would rather be in the driver's seat than playing catch up. Sounds like he's a good player.

---

Nix that, just read the article again. Never heard Tyler, Benn or even Trattou sound that committed.
                                                                                                  Last edited by knute; 03-11-2007, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Great interview Nick! I'd say it's all but official after that. Here's the things that stuck out to me the most...

3) Which do you feel you can play better in, 3-4 or 4-3?
                                                                                                    Either is fine by me. We play a hybrid of both here at Notre Dame H.S. I do look forward to playing Coach Browns 3 - 4.
                                                                                                    7) When do you plan on announcing your commitment?
                                                                                                    Soon.
                                                                                                    8) How many offers from D-1 schools do you currently have?
                                                                                                    Enough to make a decision.
                                                                                                    9) If you could choose a top 5, which schools would it include?
                                                                                                    Not sure I want everyone to know who the competition is. That being said I think it is safe to say that Notre Dame is number 1. I will be out April 11 - 14 with family to see the school and visit with Coach Weis & Brown and others. I don't think a lot of people know but my Dad's side of the family is from Plymouth.
                                                                                                    Plymouth?! Are you kidding me, Plymouth?! Is it to late to pull his scholarship offer, I hate those people.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X