Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 IL DL Sean Cwynar (Signed LOI to ND)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 IL DL Sean Cwynar (Signed LOI to ND)

Sean Cwynar - DE (6'4"/280lbs)
    Marian Central Catholic HS (Woodstock, IL)

Combine
    Forty:
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 385 Pounds
    Squat Max: 490 Pounds
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

Rankings & Accolades
    2008 Rivals 250
    Rivals #12 DT

Statistics
    N/A

Schools of Interest:
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Illinois
    Iowa
    Wisconsin
    Northwestern
    Indiana
    Virginia
    Oklahoma
    Nebraska
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 06-13-2007, 03:23 PM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

He's been offered, per Scout (front page teaser) and B&G.
    Last edited by johnnd05; 02-01-2007, 08:31 AM.
    Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Got an offer from Illinois yesterday.
      Third cousins. For Italians. That's like twin brothers with the Irish.

Comment

He better be good. I mean a 5 star because we need it but if he isn't well not interested. We need 4 and 5 star D Linemen.

Comment

Originally posted by irishfan81 View Post
          He better be good. I mean a 5 star because we need it but if he isn't well not interested. We need 4 and 5 star D Linemen.
          Imgaine the quandry if he is a 5* on Rivals but only a 3* on Scout. How will Weis break the dead-lock??? (sarcasm)

I don't care what either of those sites say. If the coaches are high on him, and he has 6 offers in the span of about a week - the 'money sites' could give him 1* and I could care less. No trophy for winning the 'fictitious' recruiting title???

And BTW, with the number of offers he has already, he will be highly ranked.

Comment

If he has received an offer this early, he must be pretty elite. CW doesn't offer just anyone this early.

Comment

If it makes you feel any better, UVA and Wisconsin have also offered.

Nearly every Big Ten school has set up a visit to the kid's school and they are not C-USA or Sun Belt quality.

Comment

So if Rivals gives this guy 3 stars are you going to be REALLY mad at Charlie Weis or at Rivals?

Seems like most people around here are mad-at-rivals people. But you seem to lean more towards mad-at-charlie.

Comment

Those in the know here in Illinois say that Cwynar is a better prospect than his senior teammate Bryan Bulaga, a four star Rivals 100 OT headed to Iowa and the second ranked prospect in the state to Martez Wilson.

These same people believe that Cwynar is better than Bulaga RIGHT NOW.

I guess we'll wait and see what Rivals thinks, but my guess it will be along these lines and along the lines of Weis and staff.

Comment

Has he shown any leaning one way or the other to this point? What are our chances on him?

Comment

Originally posted by mwinely View Post
                      Has he shown any leaning one way or the other to this point? What are our chances on him?
                      You have a year to go on this guy. No need to start worrying now.

Comment

His offers are rolling in right now. Long way to go.

Comment

His offers are rolling in right now. Long way to go.
                          Long way to go is right I think ND actually is going to play some games in the fall, at least I hear. This shit is addictive though.

Comment

He picked up and offer from OKST today. He has quite a few offers already and it looks like this guy is pretty good. I haven't heard about his interest level in ND yet.

Comment

Filer and Cwynar are the state's most offered players right now.

Comment

He was on Power Hour tonight. I really liked the way this kid presented himself. Sean said that he's looking to major in business (+4ND) because his parents own two businesses. He said he's going to look around at a few more schools before he narrows down his choices. Sean said he really likes ND right now.
                                Last edited by brownkj002; 02-20-2007, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brownkj002 View Post
                                  He was on Power Hour tonight. I really liked the way this kid presented himself. Sean said that he's looking to major in business (+4ND) because his parents own two businesses. He said he's going to look around at a few more schools before he narrows down his choices. Sean said he really likes ND right now.
                                  definitely was a good guy on power hour. very mature for his age, very smart 4.2 27 act, good lord man. i havent seen his videos yet but he has the size and he sounds like he wants to be a DE rather than OG (i think IOWA). he sounded like he has a good concept of the game and his attributes on the field.

its too early to tell but he hasnt forgot about ND.

GO IRISH!!!

Comment

Boston College, Indiana, Minnesota, Vanderbilt, Illinois, Oklahoma State, Virginia, Notre Dame, Wisconsin, Iowa, Northwestern and Purdue are his current offers.

BC and IU were most recent.

Comment

Sean is planning on visiting to ND this weekend and he's planning on bringing his girlfriend with him.
                                      Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

Lord just give me some quality defensive people...

Comment

I sure would like to have a year just once like texas and have the recruiting done by july...just once.

Comment

Originally posted by rontdtarchala View Post
                                            I sure would like to have a year just once like texas and have the recruiting done by july...just once.
                                            What fun would that be? The only plus to that would be that my blood pressure would be much lower.

Comment

just my point I aged 10 years from the last recruiting season...my poor ticker can't handle to much more lol

Comment

Originally posted by rontdtarchala View Post
                                                First, we kill all the Admissions people ...

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                  Amen to that I gurantee you we get good ones too.

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                    And then set aside part of the Athletic Department's budget for buying cars and paying additional salaries.

Comment

Profile updated to represent changed Schools of Interest.
                                                      Welcome aboard, Sean.

Comment

Profile updated to represent changed Combine results and Ranking and Accolades.

Mr. Cwynar reports a 4.2 GPA and a 27 ACT.

Comment

Pictures added.

Comment

I can't wait to see this 6-5 285lb DE in the Blue and Gold soon. Man he will be a GOOD ONE to. I want him to start as a freshman now that what I call a pure stud DE.

Comment

This was a nice out of work surprise!

Comment

It sounds like Coach Brown was one of the major contributing factors in Sean's commitment. In his Power Hour interview Sean said that Coach Brown has a ton of energy, and that he not only sat down with him, but also a whole room full of recruits and helped them break down film.

Comment

I was out of the office all day yesterday so it was a good surprise for me also.

Comment

I recall a comment from last years recurting class on how defensive players normally are laking in the classroom. Apperantly not the case with Sean, sure glad to see a defensive recurit that dosen't have to worry about grades to get in @ the greatest school in North America
                                                                    The man behind the machine that is MMJ

Comment

Rivals has a free video up of Sean on the front page of their FB Recruiting section.

Comment

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
                                                                        Rivals has a free video up of Sean on the front page of their FB Recruiting section.
                                                                        I am having trouble playing the video.

Comment

Yahoo Sports has posted the Rivals article published the day of Sean Cwynar's commit.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?s...ory_recruiting

Comment

I got a kick out of this part:

Corwin, he's going to do great things with the defense and I want to be part of something special. I think the defense will be pretty amazing in the next couple years. With a good recruiting class this year, it will be exactly right up there with the offense.
                                                                            I have a feeling that'll be the last time he'll be calling our DC "Corwin". From now on, it'll be "Coach Brown", or wind sprints.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              This is the permanent link to 2 free Rivals videos on Sean Cwynar including Sean talking about his committment. Free except for the annoying A-Rod commercial that precedes the videos. The 3 highlight videos on the same page are not free.

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com...amp&vidid=2366

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Star rankings on profile updated

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Watched his highlights and have this to say. Whoa, a big DT type like him rushing on the outside is impressive and perfect preview for what he'll be doing at ND. Another thing I noticed was a play where he was lined up against Pocic and just threw him to back and to the side and then proceeded to sack Brett Nagel, two future big time D-1 players. Now after seeing that Pocic clip I'll have to agree with the decision of not offering him because we are going after the big dogs with only 1 OL spot left most likely. Cwynar is a beast and most definently will be in the rivals 250 next week. IMO should be a top 100 player, but I don't control such lists.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    I was impressed bye his film he is mean and has a motor. Imagine him and goebel bookends with newman/williams rotating in. With maybe a forston :O Now that is the nasty charlie was talking about!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      I actually live about 15 minutes from his HS.
                                                                                      Wll have to check out a few of his games this fall.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        this kid has been my favorite recruit in this class since day1. hope he turns into a great one.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Yeah he's definently one my fav's as well. He was our first DL to commit and it was huge back then and at his size being a rush DE is just crazy. He's training now to gain muscle and at the same time losing fat and doing speed drills. Cwybest will be scary to say the least. When a guy has to gain weight you worry about his speed and ability might be lessened, but when you're already at the max weight for your future position and you've gotta get stronger and gain muscle and lose fat while getting faster it's just a great thing. I'm rambling on, but this guy has to get more replies! He's in last place on the current Irish commit list in replies to their own thread.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            IK, you're right, he needs more replies. Also, he's got a great motor, from the videos that I watched, he just kept coming, no matter where the play went. I think he's going to have a great career at ND. I'm also excited that he was our 1st D-line commit in this class. With the talent we've collected in this class, I don't ever remember a D-line class being this good for ND. I can't wait to watch them play in the future.

Go Irish!!!!!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Go back and watch his film some more and watch him school Pocic like 3 or 4 times. I'm happy now that we never offered Pocic, he looks kind of soft.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                                                                                Go back and watch his film some more and watch him school Pocic like 3 or 4 times. I'm happy now that we never offered Pocic, he looks kind of soft.
                                                                                                Link to film?
                                                                                                Search all of your favorite ND sites with the click of a button.
                                                                                                www.searchtheirish.com

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  I think I've watched his film the most out of our commits. The last play on a rivals highlight looks like he breaks the kid's leg. Guy is nasty and I love it.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Cwynar is nasty, and he's gonna be real nasty for the irish
                                                                                                    My hero, the one, the only, Brian Scalabrine

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X