Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 AZ WR/ATH Gerell Robinson (Arizona State Verbal)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 AZ WR/ATH Gerell Robinson (Arizona State Verbal)

Gerell Robinson (6'4"/210lbs.)
    Hamilton HS (Chandler, AZ)

Schools of Interest:
    Arizona
    Arizona St.
    USC
    Notre Dame
    Ohio State
    Colorado
    Nebraska
    Oregon
    Georgia Tech
    Tennessee
    UCLA

Combine
    Forty: 4.58
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 240
    Squat Max: 415
    Shuttle: 4.47
    Vertical: 38"
    GPA: 3.5

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Statistics
    2004 -
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 - NA

Rankings & Accolades
    2004 -
    2005 -
    2006 -
    2007 - Rivals 100, Rivals #8 ATH, Scout #18 WR, Scout 100

Multimedia & Resource Links
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-12-2007, 12:35 AM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-12-2007, 12:28 AM.
    Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

While already committed to Arizona he has still shown some interest in ND and they had also shown more interest in him before he was committed. You never know though, he might be one of those kids that commits really early and then later rethinks their decision when they realize they have more options then they originally thought. One of the smoothest and most fluid WR at the AAA Jr. Combine. He plays QB for his HS team though.
      Last edited by GoshenGipper; 02-01-2007, 12:29 AM.

Comment

Gerell official decommitted from Airizona on Sat, and he says his new top 3 are USC, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.

He was born and raised in Gary, Indiana, but he moved to Arizona his at the start of high school. So maybe that'll give ND a better shot a pulling him away from USC and the west coast.

Comment

Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
          Gerell official decommitted from Airizona on Sat, and he says his new top 3 are USC, Ohio State, and Notre Dame.

He was born and raised in Gary, Indiana, but he moved to Arizona his at the start of high school. So maybe that'll give ND a better shot a pulling him away from USC and the west coast.
          He committed to Arizona because they recruited him as a QB and I'm guessing now that he's come to the conclusion that he's better off at the next level as a WR rather than a QB hence opening back up.

Comment

Gerell is now on the Rivals list as an ND offer primarily based on Gerell saying he now has a verbal offer. Still lists ND as one of his favorites. Offer will probably be confirmed as written by next week.

Comment

It appears that word of ND actually offering Gerell is premature. Robinson does not list ND as an offer. To some people he is saying that he has not heard from ND in months, to others he is saying that ND has an interest in him. Both those statements could be right as ND did have an interest before his AZ commitment, whether that interest will now generate an offer since he went "soft verbal" on AZ remains to be seen.

Comment

Profile updated and pictures added

Comment

Gerell's verbal to Arizona is now just as soft as it can possibly be. He now plans to camp at ND the end of next month, and is hoping that he can land an Official Offer from the Irish. Robinson was recruited by Arizona as a QB, but ND is recruiting him as a WR. Robinson is #45 on the current Scout 100, and is the 4th highest ranked 4 star WR (8th ranked overall) on their list behind Floyd, Walker, and Stonum. He is also expected to be on the ranked Rivals 100 to be published today. Robinson is not a Plan B WR, and there has always been a mutual interest between him and ND. An offer is likely after the camp he attends unless the staff determines that his interest in Arizona is more solid than Gerell is presently indicating.

Comment

Originally posted by irishunclebill View Post
                    Gerell's verbal to Arizona is now just as soft as it can possibly be. He now plans to camp at ND the end of next month, and is hoping that he can land an Official Offer from the Irish. Robinson was recruited by Arizona as a QB, but ND is recruiting him as a WR. Robinson is #45 on the current Scout 100, and is the 4th highest ranked 4 star WR (8th ranked overall) on their list behind Floyd, Walker, and Stonum. He is also expected to be on the ranked Rivals 100 to be published today. Robinson is not a Plan B WR, and there has always been a mutual interest between him and ND. An offer is likely after the camp he attends unless the staff determines that his interest in Arizona is more solid than Gerell is presently indicating.
                    I agree that he's not a plan B, and would love to get him aboard.

Comment

Ths guy is a stud. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Rizzophil View Post
                        Ths guy is a stud. I'd take him in a heartbeat.

Without having much in the way of info or stats....if he really runs a ~4.5 at that size, offer him!!!
                        2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

With what little film I've seen of him (it was on defense mind you), he moves a lot like Jeff Samardzija with the ball in his hands (on INT returns, etc), to give you an idea. His running style makes him look smooth, like he's gliding almost - probably attributed to his long stride at 6'4".

Can't say I've seen how his routes look, or how good of hands he's got, but there is valid reason for mutual interest, and for him drawing attention from across the country.

Comment

Robinson would be another great fit for the Irish. Again, his height and speed will serve him well as a wide receiver, particularly with the quarterback talent at ND.....hopefully, he'll appreciate that fact, being a high school qtrbk. himself.

Comment

Robinson was visited by Jappy Oliver during the evaluation period and said that Oliver gave him a “verbal offer”, which apparently means that Gerell will have to come to camp for the rest of the coaches to see him in order for the offer to become an “Official Offer”. This verbal offer is apparently the reason why Robinson has been listed as an ND offer on Rivals for quite a while now. The written offer seems to be almost a formality unless Robinson does not perform to expectations at camp, which seems unlikely. Gerell also said that he will commit to Arizona if he decides to play QB in college, but admitted that Arizona is now recruiting other QB’s due to the uncertainty of his commitment. If he decides to play WR in college, which would seem to be his best choice if he wants to eventually get to the NFL, the Irish if they offer are going to have to contend with LSU, the Poodle, and the Cockwad, although thus far only the Cockwad has offered Gerell.

Three other little tidbits of info on Robinson. He was born in Gary, IN. He is friendly with Dayne Crist, and his High School coach is former Notre Dame football player Steve Belles.

Comment

Supposedly recieved an Irish offer according to Scout.

Comment

thats good, i was worried we might not offer this guy who has tons of talent

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                    Supposedly recieved an Irish offer according to Scout.

IK- do you have a link or anything on the Scout offer for Robinson. I can't find a story, and ND is still not even listed in his Scout profile.

Comment

Is he planning on visiting ND?
                                      God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Trippero View Post
                                        Is he planning on visiting ND?
                                        Yes, he's planning on comming to a camp at ND later this month. That is if he didn't just attend the one this weekend.

Comment

IK- do you have a link or anything on the Scout offer for Robinson. I can't find a story, and ND is still not even listed in his Scout profile.
                                          Recent Scout article says he will be visiting ND, hoping to get an offer

Comment

*Please don't post links to premium articles*

Surprisingly he ended his recruitment and his now a "solid" verbal to Arizona. This just days before he was supposed to camp at ND hoping for an offer. I was starting to get excited about this kid.
                                            Last edited by GoshenGipper; 06-18-2007, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Thats rather wierd. I have a feeling though that this isn't the last we're going to hear about him...

Comment

Arizona may have threatened to withdraw his offer if he vistied us.

Comment

Thats too bad, I thought we were going to land him. Go Irish!
                                                  God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

My bad on posting that link, I didn't realize it was premium.

Comment

well, Gerell has apparently decided that his future is at WR rather than QB (even though most recruiting sites have him listed as a ATH or S) so guess who has decommitted from Arizona, AGAIN? Yeah, that's right he did it twice to the same school.

I know there was once mutual interest between Gerell and ND but he never picked up an offer to ND as it was rumored because he didn't make it to summer camp because he was too busy recommiting to Arizona. Given this situation I really don't expect him to get an offer, at least not yet. But, if ND thought they were going to strike out on the guys they currently have offered then Gerell might be the next guy in line.

Comment

Why do the words Chris Little come to mind?

Comment

He decommitted again? Anybody know why?
                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Originally posted by Trippero View Post
                                                            He decommitted again? Anybody know why?
                                                            One of the main reason's he was going to Arizona is because he wanted to play QB, and that's where they recruited him. Apparently he has now decided that his future lies at WR, which is where most of the big time programs want him. So since he won't be playing QB there is no need for him to go to Zona.

Comment

I almost forgot to mention this... guess who Gerrell Robinson's head football coach is? None other than former Irish player Steve Belles himself. You think the connections might help?

By the way, this team is a top 25 team in the country, so lets hope Belles stays there for a while. (This school has only lost like 7 or 8 games since they started playing varsity football 10 years ago, which is impressive considering their rival was a former mainstay in the national top 25).

Comment

Apparently, Gerelle has his Notre Dame offer now.

I'm not holding out hope for this kid. He doesn't seem to have any idea where he's going or what he's doing right now.

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post

I'm not holding out hope for this kid. He doesn't seem to have any idea where he's going or what he's doing right now.
                                                                  I don't think he does. I believe the Scout National database was basing that off of old info from earlier this year when he said he had a verbal offer from ND, and I haven't heard anything from anyone other than them.

Comment

Goshen, This question is to be taken with all due respect. Do you do anything other than bleed ND football? You have so much reliable info that I would think you are Charlie but, your on the computer too much.

Comment

Originally posted by ND=NC View Post
                                                                      Goshen, This question is to be taken with all due respect. Do you do anything other than bleed ND football? You have so much reliable info that I would think you are Charlie but, your on the computer too much.
                                                                      To your first question, of course I do. As far as the other part goes, I have a lot of other friends that are willing to share their info with me, so it makes me look smarter than I am. I have a pretty good memory too, so that helps.

Comment

What you do doesn't go without gratitude from us die hards.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

ESPN doesnt even show ND on his top 5 schools
                                                                            USC
                                                                            Florida
                                                                            GT
                                                                            Zona
                                                                            Oregon

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post

Robinson has told both a Scout and Rivals moderator that he spoke to the ND coaching staff and that he has received an Official Offer from the Irish. He is also expected to make an Official Visit to ND next month.

Neither Scout or Rivals had Gerell Robinson listed as an Irish offer as of yesterday, both of them do have him as offered now.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Robinson has told both a Scout and Rivals moderator that he spoke to the ND coaching staff and that he has received an Official Offer from the Irish. He is also expected to make an Official Visit to ND next month.

Neither Scout or Rivals had Gerell Robinson listed as an Irish offer as of yesterday, both of them do have him as offered now.
                                                                                Thanks for the update, Bill.
                                                                                Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Thanks for the update, that was new news to me.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by quiksilver253 View Post
                                                                                    ESPN doesnt even show ND on his top 5 schools
                                                                                    USC
                                                                                    Florida
                                                                                    GT
                                                                                    Zona
                                                                                    Oregon
                                                                                    I'm pretty sure Zona isn't in the race anymore, and just today Gerell said that he has serious interest in ND. As of right now he already has visits scheduled for Oregon, and GT.
                                                                                    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-12-2007, 12:24 AM.

Comment

• #43

Hmmm this has me worried. Does an offer extended to him mean that we lost out on Floyd/Baldwin? I'm hopinh it's just because Walker didn't keep us on the shortlist, but he came in pretty late in the game (like Goebel).

Any of you gurus think this is just because of Walker, or does this mean we lost out on someone, or is it simply because he is switching to his natural position/de-committing now? I guess it could Charlie simply going with the 'you are looking, then so are we' approach on some of our offered guys.

Would love to get Gerell, but I think Floyd has more potential as the type of receiver we need to nab.....still he would be a great addition.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        I wonder if recruiting him at receiver means that we are recruiting harper as an athlete rather than a receiver/ qb. I would love to get as many athletes as possible and let them fill there positions naturally

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          I wonder if recruiting him at receiver means that we are recruiting harper as an athlete rather than a receiver/ qb. I would love to get as many athletes as possible and let them fill there positions naturally
                                                                                          I think it's clear that Harper is being recruited primarily as a wide receiver. But if what GG said a few days ago is right, it looks like we're not on his short list. Robinson could be Plan "C".
                                                                                          Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            That's even a better theory. thanks!

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              FYI- Gerrell is saying that ND has committments from two receivers, and that they are looking at him as a third. Robinson may have been misquoted, or may have misunderstood what he was told, but if he is completely correct the clear implication would be that ND has a dreaded "silent Verbal" WR.

It is unlikely that if Gerrell is right about the two receiver committments that the second one is Rudolph because if Rudolph is somehow considered to be in the "receiver" category, then Fauria would be as well, and the information transmitted to Gerrell would have then been that ND has three "receiver" commits.

Beware of the "silent verbal."

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                FYI- Gerrell is saying that ND has committments from two receivers, and that they are looking at him as a third. Robinson may have been misquoted, or may have misunderstood what he was told, but if he is completely correct the clear implication would be that ND has a dreaded "silent Verbal" WR.
                                                                                                It is unlikely that if Gerrell is right about the two receiver committments that the second one is Rudolph because if Rudolph is somehow considered to be in the "receiver" category, then Fauria would be as well, and the information transmitted to Gerrell would have then been that ND has three "receiver" commits.

Beware of the "silent verbal."
                                                                                                That's what I'm going to assume because I don't want to get my hopes up and drive myself nuts with every little tidbit of news that comes out.

Amen to that!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  The more I think about this, the more convinced I become that there is something underlying in this situation. Gerell talked to CW 3 maybe 4 days ago. I am pretty sure that CW would completely clear as to where Gerell stands with this recruiting class. I highly doubt that there was any misinterpretation during the conversation. I think some one is on board as a silent.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    The more I think about this, the more convinced I become that there is something underlying in this situation. Gerell talked to CW 3 maybe 4 days ago. I am pretty sure that CW would completely clear as to where Gerell stands with this recruiting class. I highly doubt that there was any misinterpretation during the conversation. I think some one is on board as a silent.
                                                                                                    I've seen plenty of recruiting articles misquote a recruit though.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X