Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '08 CT OL Mike Golic (Signed LOI to ND)

Mike Golic (6'5"/265lbs)
    Northwest Catholic High School (West Hartford, CT)

Combine
    Forty: 5.1
    Bench Reps:
    Bench Max: 315
    Squat Max: 425
    Shuttle:
    Vertical:

Star Ratings
    Rivals:
    Scout:

Rankings & Accolades
    Rivals #4 OC

Statistics
    N/A

Schools of Interest:
    Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    Arizona State
    Miami
    Michigan
    Ohio State
    West Virginia
    USC
    UConn

Media
    The Hartford Courant [Local Press]
    Mike Golic Jr. commits to Notre Dame
    Last edited by GoshenGipper; 10-10-2007, 03:15 PM.

Before you even ask... yes, it's his son.

Comment

could he seriously be considering any other school than ND considering his father's very public love for the school? I mean, yeah, kids often do the opposite of what their parents want them to do but I can't imagine JR not following Dad's footsteps in this.

Comment

Originally posted by NDgettysburg View Post
        could he seriously be considering any other school than ND considering his father's very public love for the school? I mean, yeah, kids often do the opposite of what their parents want them to do but I can't imagine JR not following Dad's footsteps in this.
        I'm pretty sure that while Golic would love for him to go to ND, he knows that it is his son's choice.

Comment

Let's also remember the happenings with recent legacies like Tregg Duerson and Nic Pozderac.

Weis and Ianello might not offer him if they are truly being as selective as they say.

Unless the young Golic is the caliber they're looking for.
          Third cousins. For Italians. That's like twin brothers with the Irish.

Comment

I have read numerous places that his competition level is subpar and that they plays against much smaller opponents. I think we won't get a good gauge on him until he hits the camp circuit.

Comment

John Sullivan also hails from Connecticut. I forsee young Golic's host already for his official.

I take it the Golics live there to be close to the Mothership in Bristol?

Comment

I also see he's a center and has a 4.0 GPA.

Those centers are always smart ones. Timmy Ruddy...his senior year class schedule was absolutely nuts.

Comment

Don't we have someone up in the Connecticut area? Since both of Golic's sons are slated to be top level prospects, I'd like to get more information on them. If you can help out with pictures and/or statistics, please drop me a line at webmaster@irishenvy.com.

Comment

Even though I know nothing about his actual ability level, I demand we offer him.

As in...Now. Or I revolt. Unless he refuses to grow a mullet like his Uncle.

...Then he can go somewhere else.
                    Last edited by ColinKSU; 11-09-2006, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Well, hopefully I can get some more info on him. As well as his brother Jake. I'd imagine both will be hitting the camp circuit this summer. I'd imagine that is where Mike would earn an offer as that seems to be the MO so far with the current '08 offers.

Comment

Are they twins?

Comment

Originally posted by ColinKSU View Post
                          Are they twins?
                          I don't believe they are. Mike is currently a junior and Jake is a sophomore.

Comment

Originally posted by Svoboda View Post
                            I don't believe they are. Mike is currently a junior and Jake is a sophomore.
                            Maybe one was born before the public school kindergarten cutoff and the other, after?

Comment

Oh. I don't know anything about them. I figured when you said they were attending the camp circut, that they were of the same age.

Comment

Northwest Catholic-West Hartford 34, East Catholic-Manchester 12: Mike Bourdon ran for two touchdowns and threw for a third as Northwest Catholic (8-1, 8-0) defeated East Catholic (6-3, 6-2) in West Hartford.

Bourdon (eight carries, 64 yards, 12-for-18, 264 yards) scored on runs of 2 and 12 yards in the first and threw a 15-yard TD pass to Sean Leary in the second.

Northwest's Cullen Bonner made eight receptions for 108 yards and had two interceptions.

Source: Hartford Courant

Comment

New photos on Mike. See the 2nd post in the profile.

Comment

Mike that they are going to be on campus this weekend for an unofficial on his show this morning

Comment

Originally posted by shamrock View Post
                                      Mike that they are going to be on campus this weekend for an unofficial on his show this morning
                                      Excellent news. I generally catch the show every morning on my drive into work, but my youngest has pink eye and had to stay home this morning.

Comment

I like the new pics....

Having seen them, let me be the first to throw it out there:

Could he play defensive tackle?

Comment

Originally posted by NDgettysburg View Post
                                          damn getty, i wonder if your avatar distracts viewers from your posts? Or maybe its just simpletons like myself.
                                          I would hope Golic would follow his dad to ND!
                                          Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

He seems pretty narrow waisted for an O-Lineman. How much more weight could he put on?

Comment

Mike became the first commitment in the class of '08 today!
                                              Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

nice always good to get a legacy in here, by the way kid has some talent.

Comment

It's nice to get a committment period! I would have taken Flavor Flav at this point. Welcome to ND!
                                                  Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Wasn't this commitment really locked up sometime around conception?

Comment

That's prolly true LMY, but now it's officially public and i highly doubt he will decommit

Comment

Originally posted by seniorle View Post
                                                        That's prolly true LMY, but now it's officially public and i highly doubt he will decommit
                                                        I bet they are already figuring what dorm to put him in.

He's gonna have such a great time at ND. (football aside)

Comment

good to get a legacy and finally have one on the board getty those fun bags can't be real...while I know our father can create perfectly round ones I have yet to see a set that weren't modified lol.....

Comment

congrats to the Golic family. and welcome, Jr.
                                                            "I don't care about the rest of the world, all I care about is Notre Dame football..." - Maurice Crum Jr.

Comment

Welcome aboard Golic, not a big shock here.

Comment

Congrats to Mike, quick question though.... how does this affect recruiting Braxton Cave?

Comment

Originally posted by d9cornel View Post
                                                                  Congrats to Mike, quick question though.... how does this affect recruiting Braxton Cave?

Hopefully, not at all. Cave is said to favor playing Defense, and has great size for a 3-4 DT.

Comment

Originally posted by SillyIrish View Post
                                                                    Welcome aboard Golic, not a big shock here.

Not a big shock, but still a pleasant surprise. Golic's early offer, and commit, shows how well CW learns from the process, with reference to Brian Smith. Golic, like Smith, is not going to be a Rivals or Scout 100 in 2008. In fact, because of his early commit to ND, Scout with its' anti-ND bias will almost certainly make him a 3 star, and he will be at best a 4 star on Rivals. However, like Brian Smith, he is a intelligent and hard working legacy kid who really wants to go to ND, and is filling a position that will be a definite need after the departure of Sullivan, and the move to Defense of some of the 2007 OL recruits. Golic like Brian Smith may not be one of the top elite's that CW covets, but I predict they will both be exceptional college players, and great representatives of the Irish football program. Congrats to the Golic family, and to CW for making this happen in February of 2007, not February of 2008.

Comment

Congratulations, Mike. I have a feeling that this offensive line is going to be a ringer. YOU ARE THE BEGINNING OF IT. Enjoy the shopping malls and get an agent for your future movie making career!

Comment

Welcome Home Golic. Its a good start to the '08 class.

Comment

welcome,jr.

Comment

This is great news! Finally, we get an 08 recruit.

Who was the first commit last year...? Nagel?
                                                                            Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by AlbuquerqueIrishFan View Post
                                                                              This is great news! Finally, we get an 08 recruit.

Who was the first commit last year...? Nagel?
                                                                              I think it was Nagel, but I know Neal was very early as well.
                                                                              Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by GoshenGipper View Post
                                                                                I think it was Nagel, but I know Neal was very early as well.
                                                                                It was Kerry Neal. I knew that Mike would get an offer but when did MG get his offer? This must have been like Kerry last year when he verballed once he received his offer.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by brownkj002 View Post
                                                                                  It was Kerry Neal. I knew that Mike would get an offer but when did MG get his offer? This must have been like Kerry last year when he verballed once he received his offer.
                                                                                  I'm guessing it was, because I hadn't heard anything about him getting an offer from any other sites, B&G, Rivals, Scout, etc., or any personal sources.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by brownkj002 View Post

The offer was made this morning, Mike is in Italy on a class trip, (most CT High School kids have this week off for Winter Vacation) and accepted from there after a tour of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. That has to be a first in college recruiting. His father said that he was expecting the offer sometime this week.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Welcome to ND Mike, can't want to see you dish out some pancakes.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Great news! It was really nice to arrive home to see this.

I'd say "Welcome to the family", but he's been a part of it longer than I have ...
                                                                                        Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by kjones View Post
                                                                                          He seems pretty narrow waisted for an O-Lineman. How much more weight could he put on?
                                                                                          He is. He's listed at 260 as a HS Junior about the same weight his father was listed as a Div 1 Senior LB.

He's got two years to add weight and strength (BP315 SQ425). I wouldn't expect him to play as a freshman OL.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Scout has him at 265. Either way, he isn't even even a senior in HS yet. He's a great addition to the team.
                                                                                            2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              <TABLE class=basiclist id=page1tab style="WIDTH: 100&#37;; 10px: " cellSpacing=0><THEAD><TR class=header><TD align=left width=200>COMMITTED/NOT YET SIGNED</TD><TD align=middle width=30>Pos</TD><TD align=middle width=60>Stars</TD><TD align=middle width=30>Ht</TD><TD align=middle width=30>Wt</TD><TD align=middle width=30>40</TD><TD align=middle width=35>RR</TD><TD align=middle width=35>Video</TD><TD align=left>Hometown</TD></TR></THEAD><TBODY id=tablecommittedPage1 name="tablecommittedPage1"><TR bgColor=#dddddd><TD align=left>Mike Golic</TD><TD align=middle>OL</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=middle>6-5</TD><TD align=middle>260</TD><TD align=middle>5.1</TD><TD align=middle>-</TD><TD align=middle></TD><TD align=left>West Hartford, CT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                I heard that Jake is a good basketball player and might play college basketball.
                                                                                                John Carlson #89=Superman
                                                                                                You have to get the ball to be All-American!

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by goirish#1 View Post
                                                                                                  I heard that Jake is a good basketball player and might play college basketball.
                                                                                                  Jake is a good basketball player, but a better football player. He is the same height as his brother, but at 210 lbs, he is much faster, runs a 4.7 40. He primarily plays Tight End at Northwest Catholic, and has the potential to play either that position or a LB in the 3-4 in college. As the second son, he is probably not as much as an ND lock as his brother was, (take a look at their pictures, Mike Jr. looks just like his Dad, Jake not as much) but he is most likely going to be more heavily recruited for football than basketball. NW Catholic plays in the same basketball conference as Farmington HS where ND 07' basketball recruit
                                                                                                  Tim Abromaitis comes from. Abromaitis is tearing up that conference again this year, but because it is perceived as a "weak" basketball conference, Abromaitis was not that highly rated by the recruiting gurus, and not that heavily recruited. No matter how well Jake plays basketball in that conference he is not likely to be a big time basketball recruit. Another example of this is Geno Auriemma's kid, who plays for the best team in that conference and is having an even better year than Abromaitis, but is having a difficult time even getting a D1 offer.

This time next year, I would not be surprised to see Jake as the first ND commit for the class of 2009.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    The pictures of the brother's Golic. Mike on the left, Jake on the right.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X