Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'08 FL DL Marcus Forston (Miami Verbal)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    marcus fortson is this years marvin austin. i know rivals and scout(i think) have deangelo tyson from georgia ranked higher, but fortson plays against better competion.

    Comment


    • #52
      I wouldn't be surprised if the ND staff liked Hunter more, he did get more offers than Forston. I don't think that ND will be on Forston very hard though, because that may burn some bridges with the current commits we have (and they're very good remember?). Forston is not a priority but definately somebody to keep in touch with like IK said. Because if someone gets happy feet later on we won't have a bunch of ground to make up with a new prospect.

      Comment


      • #53
        Yeah, if Forston wants to come to ND, I don't see CW telling him "no", we have our max, and you're SOL. I don't feel overly confident that we'll land him, but I sure as hell wouldn't send him away if he said I want to play in SB.


        Go Irish!!!

        Comment


        • #54
          Weis makes a committment to his committed players just like do to him. Remember Mustain? Yeah he took 5 DL which is what he told them so now is just staying on everyguy to play it smart. It explains why we're still on KLM, Forston, hell we're still on everybody and I don't think we'll take 10 DL because we're still recruiting them. I know everybody gets caught up in recruiting and wants a "5" star but I don't care if he's a 20 star, we have our 5 dominating DL that made their pledge and he didn't so they get rewarded and be a part of something special. I don't think it's fair to the guys who have made their committment and I'm sure the staff when they said "We're taking 5 DL this year" not too long ago, they didn't mean 6.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
            Weis makes a committment to his committed players just like do to him. Remember Mustain? Yeah he took 5 DL which is what he told them so now is just staying on everyguy to play it smart. It explains why we're still on KLM, Forston, hell we're still on everybody and I don't think we'll take 10 DL because we're still recruiting them. I know everybody gets caught up in recruiting and wants a "5" star but I don't care if he's a 20 star, we have our 5 dominating DL that made their pledge and he didn't so they get rewarded and be a part of something special. I don't think it's fair to the guys who have made their committment and I'm sure the staff when they said "We're taking 5 DL this year" not too long ago, they didn't mean 6.
            Completely agree Knight. He would have been a great get, but I don't think CW wants to demonstrate to those that have pulled the trigger already that his word is not good. Plus, ND has some other needs to fill in this class.

            Comment


            • #56
              Knight is 100% right. If, e.g., we get commitments from Filer, Sabino, Floyd, Baldwin, J. Brown, and Robinson or another OL before NSD, that puts us at 24 total spots. No matter how good Forston is, we can't mortgage the present for the sake of the future (not to mention stick ourselves with unbalanced classes for years down the line). Once the bus is full, it's full.
              Stoney is a dead man.

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by johnnd05 View Post
                Knight is 100% right. If, e.g., we get commitments from Filer, Sabino, Floyd, Baldwin, J. Brown, and Robinson or another OL before NSD, that puts us at 24 total spots. No matter how good Forston is, we can't mortgage the present for the sake of the future (not to mention stick ourselves with unbalanced classes for years down the line). Once the bus is full, it's full.
                --------Lets hug it out

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                  --------Lets hug it out
                  Stoney is a dead man.

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Originally posted by johnnd05 View Post
                    Knight is 100% right. If, e.g., we get commitments from Filer, Sabino, Floyd, Baldwin, J. Brown, and Robinson or another OL before NSD, that puts us at 24 total spots. No matter how good Forston is, we can't mortgage the present for the sake of the future (not to mention stick ourselves with unbalanced classes for years down the line). Once the bus is full, it's full.
                    If we got Filer, Sabino, Floyd, Baldwin, J. Brown, and Robinson i would cry tears of joy...

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                      If we got Filer, Sabino, Floyd, Baldwin, J. Brown, and Robinson i would cry tears of joy...
                      Doesn't seem that far out to me ... from what I understand we're pretty clearly leading with all of them except perhaps Baldwin.
                      Stoney is a dead man.

                      Comment


                      • #61
                        Originally posted by johnnd05 View Post
                        Doesn't seem that far out to me ... from what I understand we're pretty clearly leading with all of them except perhaps Baldwin.
                        My gut feeling about baldwin changes with the wind, one day i think we have a good chance, the next day i think he'll end up elsewhere...

                        Comment


                        • #62
                          Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                          My gut feeling about baldwin changes with the wind, one day i think we have a good chance, the next day i think he'll end up elsewhere...
                          Let's hope the wind is blowing through south bend on signing day.

                          Comment


                          • #63
                            Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                            Weis makes a committment to his committed players just like do to him. Remember Mustain? Yeah he took 5 DL which is what he told them so now is just staying on everyguy to play it smart. It explains why we're still on KLM, Forston, hell we're still on everybody and I don't think we'll take 10 DL because we're still recruiting them. I know everybody gets caught up in recruiting and wants a "5" star but I don't care if he's a 20 star, we have our 5 dominating DL that made their pledge and he didn't so they get rewarded and be a part of something special. I don't think it's fair to the guys who have made their committment and I'm sure the staff when they said "We're taking 5 DL this year" not too long ago, they didn't mean 6.
                            Knight, I forgot when he mentioned we were only taking 5 DL. Do you remember when he said that or have a link to that?

                            Comment


                            • #64
                              Originally posted by ND'10 View Post
                              Knight, I forgot when he mentioned we were only taking 5 DL. Do you remember when he said that or have a link to that?
                              ------Weis said it to Goebel and 1 other recruit, but I can't link it because I read it all from the few days that Scout premium was free.

                              Comment


                              • #65
                                OK, thanks, that makes sense for why it seems why we fell right off the map with Goebel.

                                I still don't know how we pass on Forston, though it looks as if he's a Cane lock. Saw that he simply dominated at Friday Night Lights this weekend.

                                Comment


                                • #66
                                  Originally posted by ND'10 View Post
                                  OK, thanks, that makes sense for why it seems why we fell right off the map with Goebel.

                                  I still don't know how we pass on Forston, though it looks as if he's a Cane lock. Saw that he simply dominated at Friday Night Lights this weekend.
                                  -----He is a Miami lock, my friend works for Miamis staff and talks to Marcus on the phone alot. He showed me the # and told me all about Shannons recruiting, the guy is solid.

                                  Comment


                                  • #67
                                    I definitely agree.

                                    Comment


                                    • #68
                                      Originally posted by IHateMarkMay View Post
                                      My gut feeling about baldwin changes with the wind, one day i think we have a good chance, the next day i think he'll end up elsewhere...
                                      Look out for Baldwin.

                                      Comment


                                      • #69
                                        I think once Filer committs and then Floyd, that Baldwin will commit soon after b/c of the Schollies being filled up.
                                        Return to Glory.......GO IRISH!!

                                        Comment


                                        • #70
                                          Originally posted by Golden_Domer88 View Post
                                          I think once Filer committs and then Floyd, that Baldwin will commit soon after b/c of the Schollies being filled up.
                                          I hate to talk about baldwin in the forston thread, but if we got him i think he'd be lights out in charlies offense in the future.

                                          Comment


                                          • #71
                                            apparently he kicked a** in friday night lights. i personally think he will end up in miami or UF. im going to attend his practice in a couple weeks and i'll make sure i wear my notre dame gear. maybe i can swing his vote.
                                            Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion!

                                            Comment


                                            • #72
                                              Originally posted by irishdan123084 View Post
                                              apparently he kicked a** in friday night lights. i personally think he will end up in miami or UF. im going to attend his practice in a couple weeks and i'll make sure i wear my notre dame gear. maybe i can swing his vote.
                                              Yeah, that'll do it. ;)
                                              Stoney is a dead man.

                                              Comment


                                              • #73
                                                rivals has dt ranked, and fortson is ranked in every category - strongest,run stuffer,quickiest,etc. hunter and cywnar are also in a couple of categories.

                                                Comment


                                                • #74
                                                  Marcus Forston is down to two schools. Can you guess who made the final two? I'll give you a second..... ........ Ok, times up. If you guessed ND then you are.... wrong, and dumb. Miami and FSU are his final two teams.

                                                  Comment


                                                  • #75
                                                    I am both wrong and dumb. Hunter is better anyway.

                                                    Comment


                                                    • #76
                                                      Originally posted by GhostSpirit View Post
                                                      Marcus Forston is down to two schools. Can you guess who made the final two? I'll give you a second..... ........ Ok, times up. If you guessed ND then you are.... wrong, and dumb. Miami and FSU are his final two teams.
                                                      I think his top two are hardly "final". For a kid like Forston, who's going to take his time, take some officials, and decide sometime in the winter? Nothing is final, especially when it comes to Florida/SEC recruiting. Not saying he'll end up in South Bend as of consequence, but this kid isn't anywhere near a decision, and we're almost assuredly going to see some ups and downs from his list. As we all know, things can change rather quickly in recruiting, particularly after taking visits (see Omar Hunter for the definition of "role reversal").

                                                      Comment


                                                      • #77
                                                        Originally posted by IrishCalves View Post
                                                        I think his top two are hardly "final". For a kid like Forston, who's going to take his time, take some officials, and decide sometime in the winter? Nothing is final, especially when it comes to Florida/SEC recruiting. Not saying he'll end up in South Bend as of consequence, but this kid isn't anywhere near a decision, and we're almost assuredly going to see some ups and downs from his list. As we all know, things can change rather quickly in recruiting, particularly after taking visits (see Omar Hunter for the definition of "role reversal").
                                                        Rivals boards are lighting up. They say he has commited to Miami, and Compton to the Huskers

                                                        Comment


                                                        • #78
                                                          Originally posted by GhostSpirit View Post
                                                          Marcus Forston is down to two schools. Can you guess who made the final two? I'll give you a second..... ........ Ok, times up. If you guessed ND then you are.... wrong, and dumb. Miami and FSU are his final two teams.
                                                          :jawdrop:

                                                          (For once I was neither wrong nor dumb.)
                                                          Stoney is a dead man.

                                                          Comment


                                                          • #79
                                                            my friend who is a miami fan just told me fortson committed to the u

                                                            Comment


                                                            • #80
                                                              Originally posted by rockne19 View Post
                                                              my friend who is a miami fan just told me fortson committed to the u
                                                              Rivals has him committing to the U also.

                                                              Comment


                                                              • #81
                                                                Yup. Done deal. He's going to be a Cane.

                                                                http://miami.rivals.com/barrier_noen...tid=&mid=&rid=

                                                                DAMMIT.

                                                                Comment


                                                                • #82
                                                                  Oh well. I'm happy with the DL recruits. Good luck to him.
                                                                  2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

                                                                  Comment


                                                                  • #83
                                                                    since we are on dt if anyone has a subscription to rivals, checkout omar hunter's numbers- his 40,bench press, and squat! pretty amazing!

                                                                    Comment


                                                                    • #84
                                                                      Good now everybody can get off the Forston wagon and back on to "We already have a full load at DL and Marcus was being recruited till NSD in case anybody decommitted." As I've been told the staff had Omar higher on their board. Forston will be a monster, but he wasn't coming here and we had no room for him.

                                                                      Comment


                                                                      • #85
                                                                        Not landing Floyd would be worse, but I'm a little disappointed. Thought we had a real shot.
                                                                        Beat USC...every year...every year. I hate 'em.

                                                                        Comment


                                                                        • #86
                                                                          Oh well. Best of luck to Forston, but I think we did a tremendous job recruiting the D-Line this year. Go Irish!
                                                                          God, Country, Notre Dame

                                                                          Comment


                                                                          • #87
                                                                            Remember this highly coveted recruit .. Found it interesting that he went undrafted with a year of eligibility left -- was this a case if terrible advice it was he pushed out due to depth in front of him?

                                                                            Comment


                                                                            • #88
                                                                              Originally posted by Irish8248 View Post
                                                                              Remember this highly coveted recruit .. Found it interesting that he went undrafted with a year of eligibility left -- was this a case if terrible advice it was he pushed out due to depth in front of him?
                                                                              Probably a bit of both...

                                                                              Comment

                                                                              Adsense

                                                                              Collapse
                                                                              Working...
                                                                              X