Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'07 TN S Harrison Smith (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 TN S Harrison Smith (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Harrison Smith - Safety (6-2/201)
    Knoxville Catholic (Knoxville, TN)

Combine
    Forty: 4.38 Seconds
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: 290 Pounds
    Squat Max: 370 Pounds
    Shuttle: 3.94 Seconds
    Vertical: 34 Inches

Rankings & Accolades
    - Rivals.com Rivals250 2007
    - Rivals.com Athletes 2007 (25)
    - Rivals.com Tennessee Top 20 2007 (7)
    - Scout.com Safety (25)

Star Ratings
    Rivals.com:
    Scout.com:

School Choices
    1. Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    2. Alabama
    3. Auburn
    4. Boston College
    5. Ole Miss
    6. Stanford
    7. Tennessee
    8. Virginia Tech
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 01-26-2007, 06:58 PM.

He met with Lewis and C. Brown this week, per B&G.
    Stoney is a dead man.

Comment

Originally posted by johnnd05 View Post
      He met with Lewis and C. Brown this week, per B&G.
      I think that was a vist to keep Smith at ND. If he leaves to I am going to quit looking into recruiting and just see who they get on signing day.

Comment

Other than someone who claims to have heard a rumor, or has seen a rumor circulated on a message board somewhere, there has been no other indication of this.

Who knows, maybe he decommits, it has been a robust year for recruitment upheaval; but I'll only worry about it if some reputable source indicates he is swaying.

Whatever happens, I have a gut feeling that this guy is going to be a very special player.

Comment

His body type, athleticism, and ball hawking skills fits perfectly for what's needed by a FS in a 3-4 defense.
          Outlined against a blue-gray October sky, the Four Horsemen rode again. In dramatic lore they are known as Famine, Pestilence, Destruction and Death. These are only aliases. Their real names are Stuhldreher, Miller, Crowley and Layden. They formed the crest of the South Bend cyclone before which another fighting Army football team was swept over the precipice at the Polo Grounds yesterday afternoon as 55,000 spectators peered down on the bewildering panorama spread on the green plain below. - Grantland Rice 1924 :clover:

:football: Brown, ND's first-year defensive coordinator, played at Michigan."(Brown) said if he would have gotten offered by Notre Dame," Slaughter said, "he would have gone to Notre Dame." :football:

I like to quote myself - GoshenGipper

Comment

On scout it said that he talked to Minter and is still sold on ND. They said Minter still sold ND even after he was fired. I respect Minter for that.

Comment

Originally posted by iloveirish_12 View Post
              On scout it said that he talked to Minter and is still sold on ND. They said Minter still sold ND even after he was fired. I respect Minter for that.
              If true, that's total class.
              2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

But didn't Minter already know he was gone before it was official? People were saying he knew his contract wasn't going to be extended, even while he was recruiting/during the bowl game, etc. Maybe that was false, but either way, you gotta love the guy for doing that.

Comment

If Minter did that, then he knows that ND is a special place. That is what the Notre Dame spirit is all about
                  "The greatest loss is lost opportunity" -Lou Holtz

Comment

It's a shame a guy like that couldn't get the job done here!
                    Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Ditto! Then again you would think that Minter has some special fondness of ND since he did come back for a 2nd stint. Being let go as DC, yet still able to show that he's a person with good character. I wish him well in his next endeavor, football or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
                        If true, that's total class.
                        Yeah, I just read it for myself. Too bad Willingham's staff couldn't do the same for the kids that ended up jumping ship when Ty was fired.
                        "I gotta keep rockin' while I still can. I gotta two pack habit & a motel tan." - Steve Earle

Comment

stay harrison

Comment

Originally posted by jboxer562 View Post
                            stay harrison
                            i don't think you have much to worry about jboxer

Comment

http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/S...ADecathlon.htm

Got this from the II board.
                              Harrison Smith won the Tennesse State Title in the Decathlon.
                              --My favorite recruit besides Clausen is going to be coming into camp in shape i'd assume.

Comment

It's funny how white guys always like the white guys. LOL

(not like me, of course)
                                Talent on loan from God & LMI

Comment

Originally posted by Irishknight1023 View Post
                                  http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/S...ADecathlon.htm

Got this from the II board.
                                  Harrison Smith won the Tennesse State Title in the Decathlon.
                                  --My favorite recruit besides Clausen is going to be coming into camp in shape i'd assume.
                                  Nice. I'd have guessed a slightly faster 100m based on his 40yd times, but he is obviously an outstanding athlete. State title....that says it all!!!

Comment

A freshman at my school runs a 10.6 40 yard dash. The same kid is 135 lbs. and benches 260.
                                    What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis.

Comment

Originally posted by laxkid23 View Post
                                      A freshman at my school runs a 10.6 40 yard dash. The same kid is 135 lbs. and benches 260.
                                      I meant 10.6 100 meter.
                                      What Freud said about the Irish is: We're the only people who are impervious to psychoanalysis.

Comment

is he 5-9 or taller

Comment

No, more like 5'4", but then again he is just a freshman in high school.

Comment

5'4 for a freshman is real small.

Comment

True, but his brothers are around 5'10"-5'11", so he'll grow up just fine.

Comment

I think Harrison will be one to watch, maybe from late freshman year on. For the record, Zibby had a reported 10.4 100m in HS, a full second faster than Smith. 11.4 and 4.38 40 just doesnt compute. Maybe its quickness but not top end speed. No knock on the kid, just trying to understand the correlation between 40yd and 100m. Like I said before, he obviously a great athlete.

Comment

I think Harrison will be one to watch, maybe from late freshman year on. For the record, Zibby had a reported 10.4 100m in HS, a full second faster than Smith. 11.4 and 4.38 40 just doesnt compute. Maybe its quickness but not top end speed. No knock on the kid, just trying to understand the correlation between 40yd and 100m. Like I said before, he obviously a great athlete.
                                                  I think it has to do with him being a decathlete. Training for ten events doesn't allow you to specialize in any. They are good at the pole vault, but not better than some who just pole vaults

Comment

Looking again, he destroyed everyone. These are state finalists, best in the state! He won the LJ by 1.5 ft, SP by 7ft, HJ by close to a foot!, Discus by over 10 ft. He beat some of the guys in the Discus by 30ft!!! I'd guess that at 6-2 200+ he was one of the bigger guys, and he was even 3rd in the 100m.

http://www.knoxnews.com/kns/high_sch...549893,00.html

according to the article above, he had never done the decathlon before.
                                                    Last edited by Junkhead; 05-24-2007, 11:15 AM.

Comment

he just might be suuuuuuppppperrrrrrrmmmmmaaaaaannnnnn

Comment

Harrison Smith made a statement today. Anyone have any thoughts on his impact this season?

Comment

Representatives from at least four different teams have called Notre Dame's Harrison Smith the best safety prospect at the Senior Bowl.

One scout predicted Smith would be a second-round pick, and ESPN's Todd McShay said the Notre Dame star looked "absolutely shredded" at nearly 6'2" and 212 pounds. NFL Network's Mike Mayock went a step further, saying he's heard multiple first-round grades on four-year college starter. The Boston Globe's Greg Bedard suggested "keeping an eye" on Smith as a prospect of interest to the Patriots. Related: PatriotsSource: Chicago Tribune Jan 27 - 9:17 AM
                                                          2011 Irish Envy Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Kill it son.
                                                            "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I'd shite a brick if he went 1st round!

Comment

He will kill the combine.

Comment

Just imagine if he had that year back when Charlie tried him at LB.

Comment

It was disappointing to see him go from 7 picks last year to none this year, but it didn't seem to hurt his draft status. 1st round would be sweet, he deserves the recognition.

Comment

It was disappointing to see him go from 7 picks last year to none this year, but it didn't seem to hurt his draft status. 1st round would be sweet, he deserves the recognition.
                                                                      Almost all of those picks came at the end of the 2010 season. Seemed like a fluke at the time, and 2011 seems to have confirmed that.

It seems to be schematic. Diaco's system simply doesn't produce TOs. One of the very few concerns I have about him.

To echo Philly, Smith will likely destroy the combine. His freak athleticism was evident as a recruit, and it never really went anywhere, even when he was the goat under Charlie. I can't wait to watch him succeed in the NFL, but he will be sorely missed in 2012; he's easily one of the most underrated ND players in recent memory.

Comment

2012 NFL Draft: Mel Kiper's second mock draft of the year - ESPN

Kiper's newest draft manifesto has H. Smith going round 1 pick 28 to the Packers.

Has him as the #2 S behind Alabama's Mark Barron ( Round 1 pick #14 - Cowboys).
                                                                        Last edited by ShakeDown; 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM.
                                                                        People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by ShakeDown View Post
                                                                          2012 NFL Draft: Mel Kiper's second mock draft of the year - ESPN

Kiper's newest draft manifest has H. Smith going round 1 pick 28 to the Packers.

Has him as the #2 S behind Alabama's Mark Barron ( Round 1 pick #14 - Cowboys).
                                                                          H. Smith is an absolute beast. I'm going to miss him for sure. I hope he has an awesome and productive NFL career...

Comment

I thought Floyd was the only one worthy of being drafted?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                                                                              H. Smith is an absolute beast. I'm going to miss him for sure. I hope he has an awesome and productive NFL career...
                                                                              Agree 100000%
                                                                              "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

• #40
                                                                                A magnificent Notre Dame football player, who continually demonstrated that even our beloved IE is composed of non-experts who do not understand the complexities of D-Back play,[ particularly the relationship of the D-Coordinator's scheme and consequently what a real player is asked to do down-by-down] and properly relate that to occasional alleged failures. We are FAR FAR too quick to criticize our D-Backs, who [along with the QB position] have the toughest job on the field, especially as regards spotlighted failure and therefore fan moronics.

I would pay some real money to have a staff member go through games and grade and discuss each of the D-Backs [and the linebackers] play-by-play. Mayock was a rare commentator who actually understood D-back play, but even he couldn't do that in the rush of real-time game announcing.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by military_irish View Post
                                                                                  I thought Floyd was the only one worthy of being drafted?
                                                                                  Oh, I'm watching...and I will eat the plate of crow.

Still don't think he's all that great. There is something to be said about "freaks" at the combine that didn't really mirror that in production. There are "freaks" every year at the combine. That don't do squat in the NFL.

Harrison was a decent safety. I'll leave it at that. Thought he got a little too much cred for a guy that doesn't force any turnovers and isn't all that strong in coverage. (is very rigid)

But of course, explaining that to fellow ND fans is impossible.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by Old Man Mike View Post
                                                                                    A magnificent Notre Dame football player, who continually demonstrated that even our beloved IE is composed of non-experts who do not understand the complexities of D-Back play,[ particularly the relationship of the D-Coordinator's scheme and consequently what a real player is asked to do down-by-down] and properly relate that to occasional alleged failures. We are FAR FAR too quick to criticize our D-Backs, who [along with the QB position] have the toughest job on the field, especially as regards spotlighted failure and therefore fan moronics.

I would pay some real money to have a staff member go through games and grade and discuss each of the D-Backs [and the linebackers] play-by-play. Mayock was a rare commentator who actually understood D-back play, but even he couldn't do that in the rush of real-time game announcing.
                                                                                    Yes, and as fans of said team, we are FAR FAR too quick to give guys credit when the don't deserve it.

It goes both ways.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by irishpat183 View Post
                                                                                      Yes, and as fans of said team, we are FAR FAR too quick to give guys credit when the don't deserve it.

It goes both ways.
                                                                                      Speak for yourself pat.

Hayseed does deserve props for the last 2 seasons at ND, I don't care how you try to poop on it.
                                                                                      "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Oh, I'm watching...and I will eat the plate of crow.

Still don't think he's all that great. There is something to be said about "freaks" at the combine that didn't really mirror that in production. There are "freaks" every year at the combine. That don't do squat in the NFL.

Harrison was a decent safety. I'll leave it at that. Thought he got a little too much cred for a guy that doesn't force any turnovers and isn't all that strong in coverage. (is very rigid)

But of course, explaining that to fellow ND fans is impossible.
                                                                                        Notre Dame Interceptions
                                                                                        INT YDS TD
                                                                                        H. Smith 3 16 0
                                                                                        R. Blanton 1 0 0
                                                                                        Team 4 16 0

Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Miami (FL) Hurricanes - Box Score - December 31, 2010 - ESPN
                                                                                        "im just letting you know. my squad gonna be great no matter what is being said." -Lou Nix III

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Irish Fam View Post
                                                                                          Notre Dame Interceptions
                                                                                          INT YDS TD
                                                                                          H. Smith 3 16 0
                                                                                          R. Blanton 1 0 0
                                                                                          Team 4 16 0

Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs. Miami (FL) Hurricanes - Box Score - December 31, 2010 - ESPN
                                                                                          Thanks for pointing out that one game in his career. Against a QB that loves throwing picks.

Good for him. How did he do THIS year in that department? As opposed to pointing out one game, how'd he do overall??

That's what I was aludeing too.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by NDinFL View Post
                                                                                            Speak for yourself pat.

Hayseed does deserve props for the last 2 seasons at ND, I don't care how you try to poop on it.
                                                                                            So what props did he deserve this year?? How'd he live up to that pre season all-american blabble?

Again, he was a decent player. Hope he destroys it in the NFL.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Sorry, guys...all the constant a$$ kissing for "Hayseed" automatically turns me to a skeptic.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Sorry, guys...all the constant a$$ kissing for "Hayseed" automatically turns me to a skeptic.
                                                                                                Your own negativity turns you into a skeptic. Not our praise of a senior captain of a great defense.

It isn't all about interceptions and TD's for safeties....

He was a great leader on the field, a sure tackler, and was always around the play.

Edit: I wouldn't expect much in the way of support from this board when it comes to calling ND players "mediocre" or asking "what have they ever done?". We tend to enjoy ND football here
                                                                                                Last edited by NDinFL; 02-15-2012, 05:14 PM.
                                                                                                "raise her gold and blue and cheer with voices true"

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  It's not just the fan base, its the scouts for the NFL too.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Harry would be a great fit in Green Bay would love to add some Irish players in the Bay. Harrison will be our biggest loss this year.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X