Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'07 IL RB Robert Hughes (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 IL RB Robert Hughes (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Robert Hughes - Runningback (5-11/226)
    Hubbard HS (Chicago, IL)

Combine
    Forty: 4.6 Seconds
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: 350 Pounds
    Squat Max: 520 Pounds
    Shuttle: 4.31 Seconds
    Vertical: N/A

Rankings & Accolades
    - Rivals.com Rivals100 2007 (77)
    - Rivals.com Runningbacks 2007 (7)
    - Rivals.com Illinois top 30 2007 (3)
    - Scout.com Runningbacks 2007 (9)

Star Ratings:
    Scout.com:
    Rivals.com:

School Choices
    1. Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    2. Illinois
    3. Miami-FL
    4. Michigan
    5. Minnesota
    6. Ohio State
    7. Penn State
    8. Wisconsin
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 01-26-2007, 05:50 PM.

Alex Flanagan ‏ @Alex_Flanagan

Former Notre dame RB @RobertHughesND has been signed by tampa bay bucs! Yeah Robert! Good luck!

Comment

how did this page have no comments?

Comment

I'm happy for Hughes, no doubt. But is it weird for Alex to be reporting and celebrating/congratulating at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
          how did this page have no comments?
          Was thinking the same thing, but it probably got washed out in the Great IE Cleaning that I've heard so much about. Before my time, though.

Comment

That's good news. Love this guy's running style-at least his last year. Was hoping that he would have been kept on by the Bears last year. Make it RH!
            I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by Kak7304 View Post
              Alex Flanagan ‏ @Alex_Flanagan

Former Notre dame RB @RobertHughesND has been signed by tampa bay bucs! Yeah Robert! Good luck!
              effin awesome!

Comment

HHHHHHHUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEE EEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Comment

Blount still in Tampa?

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post
                    Blount still in Tampa?
                    Yep

Comment

and they would take trent richardson too if hes available when they pick. delighted for Hughes though he'll get a real chance with OTA's and hopefully a full TC to impress.
                      What did Davonte do?

Comment

Ahhhh... his name brings back found memories of the last drive against USC :)

Comment

Signed to colts practice squad.

Colts Sign DT Anthony Dixon, Promote LB Jerry Brown To Active Roster, Cut CB Justin King - Stampede Blue
                          God deserves a promotion.

Comment

Robert has been added to the active Colt's roster today as a fullback.

Comment

Good for him!

Comment

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGHES

Comment

Love it.

Comment

Good for him. I hope to see him score some touchdowns.
                                    God, Country, Notre Dame

Comment

Really happy for him. He's got a special place in my book for what he did during that drive at USC a couple years ago, and during a difficult personal time for him as well if I remember correctly. I hope he does well for himself.

Comment

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zwidmanio View Post
                                          Really happy for him. He's got a special place in my book for what he did during that drive at USC a couple years ago, and during a difficult personal time for him as well if I remember correctly. I hope he does well for himself.
                                          I'm expecting that to be in the ND125 moments dealio that week.

I was never a huge fan of Hughes, and thought the love affair with him was mostly unwarranted. But, for one game, if was tremendous. He benefited from a wet field to help his momentum, and it was fantastic to watch.

Comment

Hughes on that drive alone won us that game.
                                            Check out my blog building4thefuture.blogspot.com. Its all sports. Irish, NFL DRAFT PROSPECT PREVIEWS, Mets, Mavericks, and Islanders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Buster Bluth View Post
                                              I'm expecting that to be in the ND125 moments dealio that week.

I was never a huge fan of Hughes, and thought the love affair with him was mostly unwarranted. But, for one game, if was tremendous. He benefited from a wet field to help his momentum, and it was fantastic to watch.
                                              Robert suffered from poor coaching during his first three years and never had a chance. If I remember correctly, he fumbled after a vicious hit as a freshman and didn't play much after that until his senior year with a new coaching staff. By the time they whipped him into shape he had used up his eligibility. Poor coaching; all Weiss was interested in was throwing the ball as they did on the Patriots. Running backs were a nuisance and existed mainly to pick up blitzes, certainly not to advance the offense or control the game. Pure pro-football.

Comment

Originally posted by irish1958 View Post
                                                Robert suffered from poor coaching during his first three years and never had a chance. If I remember correctly, he fumbled after a vicious hit as a freshman and didn't play much after that until his senior year with a new coaching staff. By the time they whipped him into shape he had used up his eligibility. Poor coaching; all Weiss was interested in was throwing the ball as they did on the Patriots. Running backs were a nuisance and existed mainly to pick up blitzes, certainly not to advance the offense or control the game. Pure pro-football.
                                                You can say that Weis failed to develop Hughes to his potential, and that's a fair criticism. But you can't say that all Weis did was throw the ball:

2005: 491 rushes, 454 pass attempts
                                                2006: 423 rushes, 471 pass attempts
                                                2007: 437 rushes, 389 pass attempts
                                                2008: 436 rushes, 447 pass attempts
                                                2009: 401 rushes, 447 pass attempts

Weis tried to run a very balanced offense.

Comment

Originally posted by kmoose View Post
                                                  You can say that Weis failed to develop Hughes to his potential, and that's a fair criticism. But you can't say that all Weis did was throw the ball:

2005: 491 rushes, 454 pass attempts
                                                  2006: 423 rushes, 471 pass attempts
                                                  2007: 437 rushes, 389 pass attempts
                                                  2008: 436 rushes, 447 pass attempts
                                                  2009: 401 rushes, 447 pass attempts

Weis tried to run a very balanced offense.
                                                  You are right. I stand corrected.

Comment

I don't think Hughes had any carries today, but he did get to see some game action.

Comment

Standing right in front of the Chuck Pagano post game speech video

Comment

Caught a pass recently in the Colts v Jags game, first time on the stat sheet or no?
                                                        “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

Heck ya Robert!

Comment

Great to hear!
                                                            Hi!

Comment

Hughes just had his 1st run of his season. 1st down.

Comment

Originally posted by Title2014 View Post
                                                                Hughes just had his 1st run of his season. 1st down.
                                                                HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGHHHESSSSSS

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Robert Hughes is questionable to return with a knee injury against the Titans

Comment

Originally posted by ab2cmiller View Post
                                                                    Robert Hughes is questionable to return with a knee injury against the Titans
                                                                    Hopefully nothing serious and just precautionary or a tweak.
                                                                    The one who knocks.

Comment

Released by the Colts

Comment

Chin up!
                                                                        I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                          Released by the Colts
                                                                          That's why the 40-year decision is so important. There's no guarantee that you will be playing football tomorrow let alone next year and beyond. If Robert is not picked up by another NFL team, he will be able to use his Notre Dame degree to begin the next phase of his life.

He made an excellent decision when he decided to attend Notre Dame University. If the football career has to end, his education has set him up for a lifetime of success.

Comment

Re-signed by the Colts again today!

Comment

• #40
                                                                              Originally posted by Title2014 View Post
                                                                              Re-signed by the Colts again today!
                                                                              Awesome. Was pulling for the Colts big time last year (told a bunch of buddies pre-season that they'd go 10-6) so I followed them pretty closely last year. Actually no joke checked out their roster yesterday and was disappointed to see he was gone. Is he signed as a fullback? Is it Havili or him for that spot?

Comment

• #41
                                                                                Originally posted by irishfan View Post
                                                                                Awesome. Was pulling for the Colts big time last year (told a bunch of buddies pre-season that they'd go 10-6) so I followed them pretty closely last year. Actually no joke checked out their roster yesterday and was disappointed to see he was gone. Is he signed as a fullback? Is it Havili or him for that spot?
                                                                                Fullback. It's probably going to be Havili but Dan Moore, the other FB is hurt so he is replacing him. Either way I'm happy for Hughes to get another shot with the Colts.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                  Versatile Robert Hughes Runs With Chance

Really rooting for him to do well!

Comment

• #43
                                                                                    After the g'ints, who do I root for, Arizona or Minnesota!?!?!?!
                                                                                    I do not like Brian Kelly as a coach.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                      Originally posted by PLACforever View Post
                                                                                      After the g'ints, who do I root for, Arizona or Minnesota!?!?!?!
                                                                                      I'd go with AZ!

Comment

• #45
                                                                                        Just scored for the cards! Always like him. Good job Rob!

Huuuuuuughes! haha I miss that.
                                                                                        "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

• #46
                                                                                          Originally posted by NDTH91 View Post
                                                                                          Just scored for the cards! Always like him. Good job Rob!

Huuuuuuughes! haha I miss that.
                                                                                          That was Ellington. Their hair is similar.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                            Originally posted by CanadalovesND View Post
                                                                                            That was Ellington. Their hair is similar.
                                                                                            Well ESPN lied to me then... What's new?
                                                                                            "...and our hearts forever, love thee Notre Dame!"

Comment

• #48
                                                                                              Just had a long reception against the Lions.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                Signed with Cleveland

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                  Good for him. I'll never forget the game against USC when* Robert came back from the dead. Dude was unstoppable that drive.
                                                                                                  Last edited by Henges24; 08-04-2016, 11:47 PM.
                                                                                                  "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                                  X