Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

'07 CA OL Taylor Dever (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '07 CA OL Taylor Dever (Signed LOI to Notre Dame)

Taylor Dever - Offensive Tackle (6-6/289)
    Nevada Union HS (Nevada City, CA)

Combine
    Forty: 5.2 Seconds
    Bench Reps: N/A
    Bench Max: N/A
    Squat Max: N/A
    Shuttle: 5 Seconds
    Vertical: 20"

Rankings & Accolades
    - Rivals.com Offensive Tackles 2007 (51)
    - Scout.com Offensive Tackles 2007 (29)

Star Ratings:
    Scout.com:
    Rivals.com:

School Choices
    1. Notre Dame (Solid Verbal)
    2. Arizona State
    3. Miami-FL
    4. Nebraska
    5. Oregon
    6. Oregon State
    7. Washington
    8. Washington St.
    9. Fresno State
    Last edited by Jason Pham; 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_...vals&type=lgns

Dever ready to check in

After spending the last several months enjoying his final days as a high school student, Taylor Dever is ready to turn the page and begin his career at Notre Dame. The 6-foot-6, 289-pound offensive lineman will travel to South Bend in a couple of weeks to begin classes and summer conditioning.

"We're heading out on June 16," he said. "I want to get on campus and get set before everything starts to take place."

Dorm check-in is on June 17 and summer sessions begin two days later. Dever is ready for classes but knows he has an important meeting with strength and conditioning coach Reuben Mendoza.

"The day we get there, after dorm check-in, we meet with coach Mendoza to go over what we'll be doing in the weight room and with conditioning," he said.

To prepare for what he thinks will be a difficult summer, Dever has worked hard to ready his body for the physical punishment he expects under Mendoza's watchful eye.

"I've been lifting and running more than ever," he said. "I don't want to be in horrible shape when I get there. I've been using a workout that Notre Dame gave me. Right now it's a lot more reps and lighter weight. I think that's good for me right now."

When the ink dried on his Letter of Intent last February, Dever turned his attention to his friends and family. He wanted to enjoy his last few months with those closest to him before traveling halfway across the country for college.

"The past few weeks have been a lot of fun," he said. "I've just been hanging out with my friends as much as I can before I leave. It's definitely going to be a big change. I'm excited but I'm sure I'll be nervous at first. I have a lot of emotions running through my head but my parents have been real supportive and I think once I get there I'll be fine."

Dever spent a couple of days in South Bend this spring. He attended the Blue-Gold Game and left even more excited than when he chose Notre Dame over offers from Miami, Nebraska, Oregon and others.

"The spring game was pretty awesome," he said. "That was my first experience at a Notre Dame game and it was pretty amazing. I took a couple of other visits but nothing even compared. Even the stadium it was only half full, but I imagined what it would be like when I'm playing there."

Since the spring game the Notre Dame staff has not forgotten Dever.

"At the spring game, coach (John) Latina pounded me with playbook stuff and I have been in contact with coach (Brian) Polian; he's my recruiting coordinator."

Comment

Taylor Dever said he will return for a fifth year at #NotreDame and he believes Matt Romine and Andrew Nuss will as well.

Comment

I feel like the scholarships available are similar to a clown car...somehow we will make it work by packing everyone in. Trust in Kelly.

Comment

I hope we get this guy.
          2013 IE College Fantasy Football Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Junkhead View Post
            I hope we get this guy.
            Hahaha

Comment

Signed with the Cowboys.

Comment

Congrats Dever!
                I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

It is amazing how much easier it was to read through a recruits thread in the old days.....

Not riddled with jokes and off topic stuff with very few actual updates.

Comment

Originally posted by bert2834 View Post
                    It is amazing how much easier it was to read through a recruits thread in the old days.....

Not riddled with jokes and off topic stuff with very few actual updates.
                    Ahhhh, yes, the days of 2 posts in a recruit's thread-- the profile post and an article in the summer when he arrives on campus.

Comment

waived by the Cowboys today.

Comment

Chargers claimed OT Taylor Dever off waivers from the Cowboys.-Rotoworld

Comment

Sweet! Good for Taylor

Comment

RIP Taylor

ND Bio Page = https://und.com/roster/taylor-dever/

247 profile = https://247sports.com/player/taylor-dever-7880/

Twitter Announcement = https://twitter.com/NDFootball/statu...33077204176900
                            Last edited by NDCrusader; 12-11-2020, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Oh man, that’s terrible.
                              "The problem with having a sense of humor is often that people you use it on aren't in a very good mood." - Lou Holtz

Comment

Damn, what happened?

Comment

RIP Taylor.
                                  "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Just barely into his thirties. :( RIP

Sent from my moto e using Tapatalk
                                    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him. May his soul and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Amen

RIP Taylor

Comment

Prayers go out to his family. That’s terrible

Comment

Way too young. RIP

Comment

RIP TD. Way too young.
                                            The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                            Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Prayers to the Dever family and friends. Horrible news. RIP Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP Taylor. Prayers to you and you family.

Comment

Damn, this sucks. RIP, Taylor. Gone too soon.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                  Working...
                                                  X