X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Next? - 2022 Edition

Tanona & Nickel down

I'm gonna go Sebastian Cheeks

Unless Ziegler, Fleurima, Swanson or Whitenack get offered soon.

Created the the list for these kids in the side panel and updated the 2021 list.

Good few weeks...to be continued let's hope.
    "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

I’ll say Fitz is next.

Comment

Ziegler.

Comment

Haha, what this ^ guy said. What's the over/under on how long this takes? 1 week?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
            Haha, what this ^ guy said. What's the over/under on how long this takes? 1 week?
            Yeah if he doesn't commit by Sunday I'll be surprised.

Comment

I’ll say that Schrauth beats Cheeks to the punch.

Comment

I'm gonna go Cheeks. Freeman wants the juice.

I'll throw Taylor out there with Schrauth too. He's supposedly wanting to take visits but this just makes too much sense and someone's gonna find themselves without a chair.

Comment

If either Schrauth or Taylor pops, then I think the other follows fairly soon after. From BGI’s reporting it sounds like Schrauth has been close to pulling the trigger multiple times.

Comment

So Amorion Walker just committed? Can't find a profile for him.

Comment

Lol wtf is right.. I will say, the dude is athletic, long and twitchy as hell. Ranked around the 850 line

Comment

Seems to have a decent offer list for a recruit rated that low. FSU, and the mid to lower tier SEC is solid.

Comment

I was actually going to bump this thread yesterday as Mike Singer at Rivals said he'd take the over on 3 commitment by the end of March. I wouldn't have guess Amorion Walker so maybe it's best I waited, lol.

I'm going to go Burnham on the 17th, nobody beats him to the punch.

Then Schrauth has got to decide soon, right? I'll go with him next.

Comment

Hinish. Wagner since he’ll be visiting, if they can hold of OSU in the process

Comment

Scratch that, I'm going with Jaden Mickey then Burnham.

Comment

Originally posted by SoIll View Post
                                Lol wtf is right.. I will say, the dude is athletic, long and twitchy as hell. Ranked around the 850 line
                                He missed almost all of his junior year with an injury. That accompanied with the fact that there's been no camp circuit, leaves you with a lot of uncertainty with rankings and stars.

Kid is a long and fluid athlete. Good piece to the WR class and. it helps that he has some pretty good teammate on his 7v7 team with ND interest.

Comment

This.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                                    Hinish. Wagner since he’ll be visiting, if they can hold of OSU in the process
                                    Kurelic CB'd Wagner to OSU within a day of their offer. Not good, Kurelic is usually right when it comes to his Buckeyes.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

Kurelic CB'd Wagner to OSU within a day of their offer. Not good, Kurelic is usually right when it comes to his Buckeyes.
                                      His scoop on the CB is pretty plain. Kurelic is good at his OSU CB because OSU is good at recruiting. He basically CB's all guys that the Buckeyes "want" to OSU. He was wrong on Blake Miller and Armani Winfield, for example. He's a homer but happens to be a homer for an elite recruiting program.

Comment

Seems like this is easy money right now.

Comment

Burnham on Wednesday has to be a lock?

Comment

Originally posted by irishandy View Post
                                            Burnham on Wednesday has to be a lock?
                                            Sure seems like it. So, the Who's Next question is probably more relevant to who's next after Burnham and I think that gets a little foggy. Schrauth is a guy that I think could commit at anytime but it sounds like he wants to visit and commit in person. Maybe he waits to do that, maybe he doesn't. Wesolak's basketball season is over so him and Ford are expected to visit soon and then he goes on commit watch. As LB numbers get tight does that force the hand of Cheeks or Junior, or both?

I'll go with Wesolak as I think he visits soon.

Comment

I'm greedy, who's next.

Comment

Originally posted by notredomer23 View Post
                                                I'm greedy, who's next.
                                                Staes might be a good bet. But who knows with this kind of momentum right now.
                                                "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Sneed said in his 247 interview 1 LB spot left. Following the nuggets that would imply either A) silent commit/spot already accounted for or B) ND is taking 3 LBs. Loy response said ND is not taking only 3 soooo I’d imagine that circled us back to A

Comment

It’s definitely not turn away JR, Cheeks, and Jackson if they all want in if Sneed pops.

There’s Major confidence in some high end CBs than we’ve gotten in the past 25 years, along with an impressive front seven. I too hope they have room for all the wanted names like Moss after Wesolak, a 5th LB if they all want in. And at 4/5 more DBs. Can’t take them all, but the numbers will work out.

Comment

Sneed said in his 247 interview 1 LB spot left. Following the nuggets that would imply either A) silent commit/spot already accounted for or B) ND is taking 3 LBs. Loy response said ND is not taking only 3 soooo I’d imagine that circled us back to A
                                                      another possibility is its simply bad information. happens a lot, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post

another possibility is its simply bad information. happens a lot, sometimes by accident and sometimes on purpose.
                                                        I didn’t give full picture cause didn’t want to post Loy’s whole line here but don’t think it was mistaken case.

I’d guess between guys waiting to visit before committing and guys maybe getting a yellow light from staff we have a handful of guys you’d classify as silent/not quite commits on D

Comment

This is probably a very dumb question at this point, but who is JR?

Comment

Originally posted by ResLife Hero View Post
                                                            I had the same question up until very recently, but I believe that it’s the LB Niuafe Tuihalamaka who is seemingly an ND lock. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong.

Comment

Niuafe Tuihalamaka...He goes by Junior.

Comment

Don't feel dumb, I wondered for a long time until I wrote down all of our our likely LB commits and did a process of elimination based on their names...

Comment

Let's say our DE recruiting ends with Wesolak, Ford and Gobaira. What will their final rankings be and will you be happy?

My guess:

Ford is a top 150 player
                                                                  Gobaira will be a top 247 player
                                                                  Wesolak will end as a top 200 or better

That's a class that adds talent to a talented room so I'd be very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                                                                    Let's say our DE recruiting ends with Wesolak, Ford and Gobaira. What will their final rankings be and will you be happy?

My guess:

Ford is a top 150 player

That'd be the best class since the Lynch/Tuitt/Williams class. I think I'd sign up for that

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

My guess:

Ford is a top 150 player

Seems about right, although I personally would personally say that Gobaira looks like a top 150 or top 100 player this season. It's weird having "junior year" played in the spring.

Comment

Darren Agu. Seems like something is getting setup.

Comment

And I’ll be very happy with a DE group of Ford, Gobaira, and Agu. I said a couple weeks back that I think Gobaira is a mid 90’s 4 star so wherever that would rank him. Ford already is. And I think Agu ends up inside the top 247. He’s catching eyes across both networks.

Comment

Is Wesoloak leaning somewhere else?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              I think they’re taking 5 DL in this class. 4 DE and a DT.

My my guess is this has nothing to do with Wesolak but more so to do with the chances of getting Cyrus Moss.

It just might be Agu’s elite size and elite raw athleticism is just too good to pass up to maybe have a chance with Moss

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Starting to feel like we have a couple silents and we’ve asked them to hold off on publicly announcing until June so we’re popping off commits right and left when the big boys come to town. Big fan of that strategy if that’s how it plays out.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Originally posted by Ricochet View Post
                                                                                  I think they’re taking 5 DL in this class. 4 DE and a DT.

My my guess is this has nothing to do with Wesolak but more so to do with the chances of getting Cyrus Moss.

It just might be Agu’s elite size and elite raw athleticism is just too good to pass up to maybe have a chance with Moss
                                                                                  The paid sites have all but assured us Hinish will be in the class so it will probably be 2 DT's.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post
                                                                                    Starting to feel like we have a couple silents and we’ve asked them to hold off on publicly announcing until June so we’re popping off commits right and left when the big boys come to town. Big fan of that strategy if that’s how it plays out.
                                                                                    That could certainly be the case but I'd bet it also has to do with some of these guys never visiting before. I don't think the staff wants to accept commitments from a growing group of prospects that have never been to campus before. Especially when visits are right around the corner.

Comment

• #43

That could certainly be the case but I'd bet it also has to do with some of these guys never visiting before. I don't think the staff wants to accept commitments from a growing group of prospects that have never been to campus before. Especially when visits are right around the corner.
                                                                                      i get it but it does sound funny coming off a year where essentially all of our commits didnt get official visits.

I am looking forward to making a splash in june.
                                                                                      Prehistoric

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

i get it but it does sound funny coming off a year where essentially all of our commits didnt get official visits.

I am looking forward to making a splash in june.
                                                                                        Not really when you consider that they wanted to do the same thing last year. The staff was holding off on taking/pushing for commitments without visits or at least were only willing to accept so many commitments without visits until they realized that visits were very unlikely.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          An interesting betting hypothetical would how many commits fo we have on July 1st? Currently at 11. I’d set the Over/Under at 15.5 (and probably take the Over)

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            An interesting betting hypothetical would how many commits fo we have on July 1st? Currently at 11. I’d set the Over/Under at 15.5 (and probably take the Over)
                                                                                            I think I’d take the over. It’s pretty easy to get to 15:

12. Junior
                                                                                            13. Staes
                                                                                            14. Agu
                                                                                            15. Schrauth

Then there are a ton of guys who could get us to 16, although I don’t feel super confident in any single one of them (e.g. Sneed, Cheeks, Raridon, Hinzman, Morrison, etc.).

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Originally posted by longliveautrydenson View Post

I think I’d take the over. It’s pretty easy to get to 15:

12. Junior
                                                                                              13. Staes
                                                                                              14. Agu
                                                                                              15. Schrauth

Then there are a ton of guys who could get us to 16, although I don’t feel super confident in any single one of them (e.g. Sneed, Cheeks, Raridon, Hinzman, Morrison, etc.).
                                                                                              Had basically same thought process

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Agreed, I’d go over. As noted above we could have that many that have already indicated they’re going to commit with a visit.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  In the past the number of commits after a summer camp or event is 1 or 2. Will be interesting to see if this changes given the past visit restrictions. Over 5 may be a possibility. I think 4 seems a little more realistic, but I would be happy to be wrong.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    I might actually stay at 15 as of July 1st. There is a high probability there is at least one silent commit right now, who is to say the staff keeps a few silent for momentum during the season?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X