Who's Next? - 2021 Edition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's Next? - 2021 Edition

All this talk about Brunelle & Carmody popping got me thinking... are either the next commitment?

Gabe Rubio and Blake Fisher are coming to town Friday evening for the Lineman's Challenge Camp. Either one could beat their future 2020 teammates to the punch.

Comment

I'd say Rubio is much more likely than Fisher based off of their comments
      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Who's Next? - 2021 Edition

Currently Committed:
        QB Tyler Buchner - Commit 3/8/2019
        OL Blake Fisher - Commit 6/15/2019
        DL Gabriel Rubio - Commit 6/15/2019
        TE Cane Berrong - Commit 6/21/2019
        WR/DB Lorenzo Styles Jr. - Commit 10/13/2019
        DB Justin Walters - Commit 2/2/2020
        OL Pat Coogan - Commit 4/15/2020
        DL Jason Onye - Commit 5/7/2020
        DB Ryan Barnes - Commit 6/6/2020
        OL Joe Alt - Commit 7/6/2020
        DB Chance Tucker - Commit 7/22/2020
        RB Logan Diggs - Commit 7/29/2020
        TE Mitchell Evans - Commit 7/31/2020
        LB Prince Kollie - Commit 8/7/2020
        OL Rocco Spindler - Commit 8/8/2020
        LB Will Schweitzer - Commit 8/16/2020
        WR Deion Colzie - Committed 10/12/2019, Decommitted 3/20/2020, Re-Committed 9/28/2020
        WR Jayden Thomas - Commit 10/2/2020
        DB Philip Riley - Commit 5/4/2020, Decommitted 9/25/2020, Re-Committed 11/16/2020
        K Joshua Bryan - Commit 11/17/2020
        LB Kahanu Kia - Commit 11/19/2020
        OL Caleb Johnson - Commit 11/19/2020
        DB JoJo Johnson - Commit 11/24/2020
        DL Devin Auipua - Commit 12/9/2020
        QB Ron Powlus - Commit 12/16/2020
        DB Khari Gee - Commit 12/18/2020
        RB Audric Estime - Commit 12/18/2020

Other:
        David Abiara - Commit 3/27/2020, Arrested 9/30/2020

Last edited by NDdomer2; 12-18-2020, 03:10 PM.
        Prehistoric

Comment

Onye is the worst kept secret in recruiting circles. It'll be interesting to see if he does wait for a visit to announce.

Besides that, of guys we are recruiting that could commit without another visit, Caleb Johnson comes to mind. He's been to ND before, is from Indiana, and his family loves ND. I could see that happening.

Comment

Has anyone seen any sort of timeline on recruiting visits out there. I know travel is now being ok'd and larger groups allowed.
            Prehistoric

Comment

Obvious but at some point we're going to need to get some skill guys for TB

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">After talking with coach <a href="https://twitter.com/CoachLT39?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@CoachLT39</a> , I am blessed and honored to announce that I have earned a offer to The University of Notre Dame.. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/GoIrish?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#GoIrish </a>☘️ <a href="https://t.co/x5WTm8T73q">pic.twitter.com/x5WTm8T73q</a></p>&mdash; Logan Diggs.. (@logandigg) <a href="https://twitter.com/logandigg/status/1257769464529137670?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

2021 LA RB
                What did Davonte do?

Comment

Yep.. Give me Logan Diggs.. LOVED his film.

Comment

What we should do with Diggs is, now that we have offered him lets not talk to anybody else at all until we know what he is going to do.

Comment

I’m going with a LONG shot

Titus

Comment

updated for Onye
                        Prehistoric

Comment

What do I win?

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                            What do I win?
                            Our eternal gratitude.

Comment

Unless they can convince a guy who hasnít been to ND to commit, I think Garrett Dellinger, Rocco Spindler or Caleb Johnson are candidates. Iíd bet Caleb Johnson commits. That would be awesome. Another 4* on board. Not many other guys have visited campus and are offered

Comment

Gotta keep Ryan Barnes in the conversation but Caleb Johnson makes the most sense because his spot isn't guaranteed thru ESP.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post
                                  Gotta keep Ryan Barnes in the conversation but Caleb Johnson makes the most sense because his spot isn't guaranteed thru ESP.
                                  Very good point.
                                  Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Mine goes to Caleb Johnson on deck with Ryan Barnes in the hole. Seems legit.

Comment

Caleb Johnson and Ryan Barnes seem to be the most likely. I'm gonna go out on a small limb and say Spindler is next.
                                      Last edited by arrowryan; 05-08-2020, 08:06 AM.

Comment

Caleb Johnson is my bet too.

What about Titus Mokiao-Atimalala? Anyone got a read on him?
                                        The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down
                                        Of the big lake they called Gitche Gumee

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

I almost put him down as my dark horse, but for some reason I get a "Fall commit" vibe from him

Comment

Originally posted by Irish YJ View Post

Wouldn't expect any movement here until a visit to campus. ND is definitely the team to beat, but the visit is first priority.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Man3 View Post
                                              Wouldn't expect any movement here until a visit to campus. ND is definitely the team to beat, but the visit is first priority.
                                              Is this info from a story you're passing along? (Cool if so)

Just wondering cuz the No-visit-commit is a real thing finally in South Bend.

Comment

Is this info from a story you're passing along? (Cool if so)

Just wondering cuz the No-visit-commit is a real thing finally in South Bend.
                                                No story. Just was made to understand that it's very important to this kid that he makes the visit with his family. My guess is a game day weekend at this point. Could he verbal beforehand? Sure, I would just be surprised.

Not having a camp circuit may hurt a kid like this with rankings, but he's a stud. Great athlete that could play at a high level on both sides of the football

It is refreshing to see ND adapt to what's going on and change things up a little bit with accepting verbals before a visit to campus. Not getting Shipley and looking for positive momentum paid off quickly.

Comment

No story. Just was made to understand that it's very important to this kid that he makes the visit with his family. My guess is a game day weekend at this point. Could he verbal beforehand? Sure, I would just be surprised.

Not having a camp circuit may hurt a kid like this with rankings, but he's a stud. Great athlete that could play at a high level on both sides of the football

It is refreshing to see ND adapt to what's going on and change things up a little bit with accepting verbals before a visit to campus. Not getting Shipley and looking for positive momentum paid off quickly.
                                                  Thx

I've never understood ND's position on this. Get the agreement and iron out the details later. If you can't, go your separate ways in a respectful manner.

Comment

Thx

I've never understood ND's position on this. Get the agreement and iron out the details later. If you can't, go your separate ways in a respectful manner.
                                                    You mean like every other school in the country?

Comment

You mean like every other school in the country?
                                                      Absolutely. It's not like ND has lost an good standing after the Stepp or Crippen recruitments.

Comment

Ryan Barnes and could be soon. Not factual inside info, but just reading the signs.

Comment

With Johnson off the board, I'm with ya. Let's get Barnes in the class.

Comment

You pull Barnes and Riley as a foundation with an outside shot at Wright and that's a very good CB class.

Comment

You pull Barnes and Riley as a foundation with an outside shot at Wright and that's a very good CB class.
                                                              I'm good with this
                                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Chance Tucker sounds like he could be next. Then hopefully Rocco Spindler on 8/8. Any rumblings about others that could be close to popping?
                                                                Prehistoric

Comment

Chance Tucker, Mitchell Evans, Jack Nickel, and Rocco Spindler could all announce within the next few weeks.

Comment

Mitchell Evans visited over weekend, could pop today/tomorrow perhaps?
                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post
                                                                      Mitchell Evans visited over weekend, could pop today/tomorrow perhaps?
                                                                      He said he'd commit before the season started if it looks like the NCAA isn't going to lift the ban on recruiting visits. Certainly appears that there won't be any visits soon, at least those in which the coaches can recruit. So he could pop.

Neither Michigan nor Ohio St has been involved with him so you have to like our chances. Pitt and Louisville look like the major competition.

Comment

Originally posted by stpeteirish View Post
                                                                        He said he'd commit before the season started if it looks like the NCAA isn't going to lift the ban on recruiting visits. Certainly appears that there won't be any visits soon, at least those in which the coaches can recruit. So he could pop.

Neither Michigan nor Ohio St has been involved with him so you have to like our chances. Pitt and Louisville look like the major competition.
                                                                        GT seems like some major competition.

Comment

With regards to Chance Tucker, has ND gotten anyone from Crespi Carmelite before? (Excepting Joe Fauria)

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hear me out Irish Nation!!! We got another one coming ����☘️ <a href="https://t.co/jhps4bHws6">pic.twitter.com/jhps4bHws6</a></p>&mdash; Blake Fisher☘️ (@bfisher54_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfisher54_/status/1285983936246620160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #39
                                                                              This after the Tucker commitment.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hear me out Irish Nation!!! We got another one coming ����☘️ <a href="https://t.co/jhps4bHws6">pic.twitter.com/jhps4bHws6</a></p>&mdash; Blake Fisher☘️ (@bfisher54_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfisher54_/status/1285983936246620160?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                This after the Tucker commitment.
                                                                                Yum

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  So, who ya got for Saturday?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saturday��☘️!!! Numba 2, STAY TUNED!</p>&mdash; Blake Fisher☘️ (@bfisher54_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfisher54_/status/1285992064891707393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Mitchell
                                                                                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Matt Freeman says upwards of four commits in the next few weeks.
                                                                                      "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Quick question from someone who is not a recruiting junkie anymore (was burned too many times in the early 2010s). The Deontay Greenberry saga was when I called it quits.

If you were to tier this class within the Kelly era, where would it be? Top, middle, bottom?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by tussin View Post
                                                                                          Quick question from someone who is not a recruiting junkie anymore (was burned too many times in the early 2010s). The Deontay Greenberry saga was when I called it quits.

If you were to tier this class within the Kelly era, where would it be? Top, middle, bottom?

I think it depends on how it ends up shaking out with a few key positions -- WR, RB, and LB.

Last year's class I think was criminally underrated. Had they recruited more kids, it has top five/top ten potential.

This year's class needs to land a couple of studs at WR and RB...and it seems odd, but we may not get a LB either this year which is risky.

If Deion had stayed in the class and we land Rocco like I expect, people would be talking about how this was a pretty well rounded class with the only big things needed to recruit right now being RB and LB and we had a whole season in front of us to get it done. But life is fickle and who knows if a season even gets played.

Also, I may be like the only one who thinks this, but so long as Donavan Edwards stays uncommitted, I'd like to think we have a shot as we have a recruiter who can really do a great job of selling what we have to offer.
                                                                                          "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by BeauBenken View Post
                                                                                            I think it depends on how it ends up shaking out with a few key positions -- WR, RB, and LB.

Last year's class I think was criminally underrated. Had they recruited more kids, it has top five/top ten potential.

This year's class needs to land a couple of studs at WR and RB...and it seems odd, but we may not get a LB either this year which is risky.

If Deion had stayed in the class and we land Rocco like I expect, people would be talking about how this was a pretty well rounded class with the only big things needed to recruit right now being RB and LB and we had a whole season in front of us to get it done. But life is fickle and who knows if a season even gets played.

Also, I may be like the only one who thinks this, but so long as Donavan Edwards stays uncommitted, I'd like to think we have a shot as we have a recruiter who can really do a great job of selling what we have to offer.
                                                                                            Seems a little subpar to me, but not dramatic.

Comment

• #47

I guess I should have answered the question though...

I see this as a typical ND class under Kelly. Not the potentially best class we would have under Kelly like it looked like it may be before Covid-19 struck. Though you never know how the class really ends up finishing up, and the class could also do better than their current rankings. I trust the ability to develop players by the current coaching staff pretty well.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Matt Freeman says upwards of four commits in the next few weeks.
                                                                                                Mitchell, Tanoa, Rocco, and Nickel?

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  So, who ya got for Saturday?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Saturday��☘️!!! Numba 2, STAY TUNED!</p>&mdash; Blake Fisher☘️ (@bfisher54_) <a href="https://twitter.com/bfisher54_/status/1285992064891707393?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
                                                                                                  Tanona

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by GrangerIrish24 View Post
                                                                                                    Mitchell, Tanoa, Rocco, and Nickel?
                                                                                                    same here, although its "upwards" because nobody knows which way Rocco's going.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X