• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
    Let's Make a Deal.

there are 19 in the class.

If Mephistopheles comes up this morning and said
    "You can have these additional FIVE, but no more? Speak now or forever hold your peace!".

Williams
    Schrauth
    Merriweather
    Kanu
    Lucas

Would you take the deal, with 24 as the final number?l
    Is there good info that we are taking 24? I'd like to see a 26 man class with the following additions:

1 RB ???
    1 OL Schrauth or Wagner
    3 WR Williams, Meriweather and Ayomanor
    1 DT Lucas or Hero
    1 S Nwankpa

not too many plan B guys identified but there will because we'll be lucky to get 3 or those I picked,
    Last edited by stpeteirish; 07-17-2021, 04:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BobbyMac View Post
      My "So you're saying there's a chance" 5 are:

Williams
      Merriweather
      Nwankpa
      Moss
      Rice

My realistic 5 are:

Williams
      Merriweather
      Singleton
      Wagner
      Kanu
      If I have to fill 5 spots and not more it’s, for me:

Williams, Merriweather, Greene, Nwankpa, Rice

Comment

My "So you're saying there's a chance" 5 are:

Williams
        Merriweather
        Nwankpa
        Moss
        Rice

My realistic 5 are:

Williams
        Merriweather
        Singleton
        Wagner
        Kanu
        For your realistic 5, what would you say the odds are for each?

Feels like IMO

Williams - 95%
        Merriweather - 75%
        Singleton - 35%
        Wagner - 60%
        Kanu - 69.420% (no idea on this one)

Comment

• Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post
          Let's Make a Deal.

there are 19 in the class.

If Mephistopheles comes up this morning and said
          "You can have these additional FIVE, but no more? Speak now or forever hold your peace!".

Williams
          Schrauth
          Merriweather
          Kanu
          Lucas

Would you take the deal, with 24 as the final number?l
          I wouldnt. I'd hold off. I think we are confident about Williams and favourites with less confidence for Merriweather.
          The others if we miss out on it will be okay and we would get other good dudes in instead.

What if the deal was: Williams, Nwankpa and Schrauth and nobody else?

Comment

• Originally posted by T-Boone View Post

I wouldnt. I'd hold off. I think we are confident about Williams and favourites with less confidence for Merriweather.
            The others if we miss out on it will be okay and we would get other good dudes in instead.

What if the deal was: Williams, Nwankpa and Schrauth and nobody else?
            That's even worse.

X is a must-get top tier player no question. But ND needs more than just 2 receivers and they really need to get another DL as well.
            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post

That's even worse.

X is a must-get top tier player no question. But ND needs more than just 2 receivers and they really need to get another DL as well.
              I think there is no getting around the fact ND will need to bring in a transfer WR for 22 as Xavier Watts will probably be the most senior WR..
              22 is where the big hole is, 23 should be fine with 2 WRs in this class and the 3 from 21..

Comment

• Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                I would be really surprised if we didn't land Merriweather and CJ Williams at this point. Both are taking their time, to varying degrees, so a lot can change but I think ND has been putting in work there and is going to close. Schrauth and his dad are ND fans, I think that wins out versus pressure from other sources. No clue on the rest. I think/hope ND will close well though... keeping guys in the fold will be the bigger challenge. There are a lot of thirsty coaching staffs out there.
                If you had to put a percentage on Schrauth flipping, what would you give it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

If you had to put a percentage on Schrauth flipping, what would you give it?
                  He’s still uncommitted isn’t he? Or do u mean that he is now leaning Wisc and asking what the chances of him swinging back in our direction?

Comment

I think there is no getting around the fact ND will need to bring in a transfer WR for 22 as Xavier Watts will probably be the most senior WR..
                    22 is where the big hole is, 23 should be fine with 2 WRs in this class and the 3 from 21..
                    That's dependent on whether Keys, Lenzy and Austin all leave early.

If they do, then they all had very good years. If not, I don't see any reason for them to leave when they have the opportunity to bolster their stock.

Regardless of whether they bring a transfer in '22 or not, the number still is 3, bare minimum. We've already seen what happens when ND decides to only take 2 and it wasn't pretty. Hell, even classes of three weren't safe as we saw with '20. It's not just quantity either, ND needs to stock up on elite skill talent like Williams and Merriweather, because they are sorely lacking in that area.

Especially now that NIL and the one-time transfer rule are in place, attrition will be as bad as ever, and the skill spots will be the most susceptible.
                    It's Just a Ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by TorontoGold View Post

For your realistic 5, what would you say the odds are for each?

Feels like IMO

Williams - 95%
                      Merriweather - 75%
                      Singleton - 35%
                      Wagner - 60%
                      Kanu - 69.420% (no idea on this one)
                      Those are pretty good. I'd have Singleton down at 12.5% but it might be close to your 35%... or higher. ND's not done with him and lets see who plays their NIL cards better this season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crazy Balki View Post

Regardless of whether they bring a transfer in '22 or not, the number still is 3, bare minimum. We've already seen what happens when ND decides to only take 2 and it wasn't pretty.
                        I agree, especially as Amarion Walker was injured last season so could well be injury prone and is not quit the sure thing WIlliams is anyway.

Comment

• The numbers 4 minimum... right?

I'd think ND would sign 5 WR's before they sign 3.

Comment

The numbers 4 minimum... right?

I think they're aiming for 4, but the 3 right names are the absolute minimum.

Right now the 3 names that are basically must gets are Walker, Williams and Merriweather. After that, there's a pool of guys that ND could land.

I say they're looking for 4 but I don't know if there's a solid name for that 4th spot.
                            It's Just a Ride.

Comment

The numbers 4 minimum... right?

If we are getting 2 or 3 top 100 type guys like Colzie, Styles, Williams and Merriweather then surely the need for 4 or 5 isnt as high as it has been in the past. Sure take 5 if they are wild swings.

Comment

• If ND plays to their potential and piles up the W's this year, there will be several offensive players that'll come sniffing. A good long way until NSD.
                                I have invested everything BUT tuition for Notre Dame. I make no apologies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fbolt View Post
                                  If ND plays to their potential and piles up the W's this year, there will be several offensive players that'll come sniffing. A good long way until NSD.
                                  Agreed. I am also hoping they over recruit. Given the portal I would take more than 25 since the portal is an option.

Comment

If we are getting 2 or 3 top 100 type guys like Colzie, Styles, Williams and Merriweather then surely the need for 4 or 5 isnt as high as it has been in the past. Sure take 5 if they are wild swings.
                                    They need both bodies and talent on the depth chart. They have 4 WR’s over the last 3 classes. This is a situation where if they miss on guys they need to just keep going after players. Depending on who comes back next year you can’t even run practice with that type of depth chart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

They need both bodies and talent on the depth chart. They have 4 WR’s over the last 3 classes. This is a situation where if they miss on guys they need to just keep going after players. Depending on who comes back next year you can’t even run practice with that type of depth chart.
                                      Yep.

And when the BPA guys don't work, apply that slot to WR #5. They're gonna lose some WR's we really like right now down the road to transfer but that's always been the case. In the new world of CFB free agency, it's gonna happen even more. If ND lands Walker, Merriweather, Williams and Ayomanor or Greene on top of Colzie / Thomas, they need three to hit and accept that 2 or 3 could transfer.

Comment

Yep.

And when the BPA guys don't work, apply that slot to WR #5. They're gonna lose some WR's we really like right now down the road to transfer but that's always been the case. In the new world of CFB free agency, it's gonna happen even more. If ND lands Walker, Merriweather, Williams and Ayomanor or Greene on top of Colzie / Thomas, they need three to hit and accept that 2 or 3 could transfer.
                                        Why you leaving out Styles?
                                        Prehistoric

Comment

• Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

He gone. Lol I noticed that too and appreciated Crus leaving his name out as the consideration of him transferring out would be considered blasphemy!

Comment

Cuz he's not a big receiver. He's the next TJ Jones meets Golden Tate.

Comment

• Noticed Singer had some 2022 recruiting stuff just yesterday. Anything new to report?

Comment

• Here’s Sinclair’s list of EE’s from the current commits.

Jaylen Sneed
                                                Tyson Ford
                                                Nolan Ziegler
                                                Steve Angeli
                                                Joshua Burnham
                                                Amorion Walker
                                                Niuafe Tuihalamaka
                                                Joey Tanona
                                                Jaden Mickey
                                                Jadarian Price
                                                Devin Moore
                                                Ashton Craig

Comment

• What catches my eye is Freeman getting all 4 LB’s on campus early. That could be very important for 2023.

If Price is the only RB, I like he’s coming early.

And, Walker. I’m on the he’s a freak train. It’s one way, non-stop to impact player. Getting him with Balis early is huge.

Comment

• Didn't we use to have a cap on how many could EE when it first kinda started. Love seeing the list growing as years go by
                                                    Prehistoric

Comment

Didn't we use to have a cap on how many could EE when it first kinda started. Love seeing the list growing as years go by
                                                      I was thinking the same thing. Seems like it was only 5 or 6 maybe. Last couple years have been like half of the recruiting classes lol

Comment

What catches my eye is Freeman getting all 4 LB’s on campus early. That could be very important for 2023.

If Price is the only RB, I like he’s coming early.

And, Walker. I’m on the he’s a freak train. It’s one way, non-stop to impact player. Getting him with Balis early is huge.
                                                        I'm with you on this and I hope any other WRs that end up in the class want to EE. We need them here ready to take reps because there will a be a lot of PT available for those who want to earn it.

Comment

• Saw on SI.com via FB that all four of our 22’ LB’s made the Butkus Award watch list. That’ll only fuel their fire to be great. Pretty cool either way,

https://www.si.com/college/notredame...dtKX3u99U6-gco

Comment

• Interesting what we'll with the news on botello whenever it comes out if we'll start looking to add another in the class with a similar skill set. Maybe start trying to push harder to get back in the wesolak sweepstakes?
                                                            Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                              Interesting what we'll with the news on botello whenever it comes out if we'll start looking to add another in the class with a similar skill set. Maybe start trying to push harder to get back in the wesolak sweepstakes?
                                                              I think he is visiting for USC

Comment

• So does Freeman run the Vyper or is that a holdover from Lea?
                                                                "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

• There was an article that explained his defense way back in the winter I believe that kinda discussed that he has a position like it but I'm thinking it was more geared as an extra safety?
                                                                  Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Just posting to pass on. Dont really care about Dabo's feelings but he points out something I still cant get any info on and thats roster mangement during COVID, the transfer portal, and yearly and team level numbers of athletes that are allowed.

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                      There was an article that explained his defense way back in the winter I believe that kinda discussed that he has a position like it but I'm thinking it was more geared as an extra safety?
                                                                      I mean for me it doesnt seem important. If Vyper isnt a thing in Freeman's d then Im not concerned about not having enough lol. In the end he will have to put 11 guys on he field and be able to use them and get the most out of them. If he is as great as I have been led to believe that shouldnt be a problem.

Comment

• Paging Dale, with Tobias now in the fold, and hopefully adding CJ on Sunday, how does this move the BCR needle for us?

Comment

• Originally posted by WilliamWallace View Post
                                                                          Paging Dale, with Tobias now in the fold, and hopefully adding CJ on Sunday, how does this move the BCR needle for us?
                                                                          Assuming CJ would be 71% Overall | 70% Offense | 73% Defense (I think) based off Composite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dale View Post

Assuming CJ would be 71% Overall | 70% Offense | 73% Defense (I think) based off Composite.
                                                                            For the team or class?

Comment

• Originally posted by AvesEvo View Post

For the team or class?
                                                                              Class. No idea about the team besides the reported BCR for 2021 being like 55% if I remember correctly, O is higher than D I think too on the current roster .

Comment

Nice, so that’s a pretty significant jump from one class to the next, and we aren’t finished. Assuming 23’ stays on its current trend it will also exceed the previous class.

I wonder if the coaches pay any attention to this? I would think if you’re refocusing on closing the gap, you’d utilize any tools that would give you a better understanding of where your team ranks against the elites. Then focus your attention to the players that get you where you want to be. I know there’s much more that goes into recruiting at Notre Dame, but Freeman seems to have found a way. I hope his ideals, and expertise are getting picked up or shared with the other side of the ball.
                                                                                Last edited by WilliamWallace; 08-04-2021, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Top ranked defensive player is from Hilton Head and top ranked offensive player is from LA. That’s national recruiting.

Comment

• Class is shaping up well. I am of the feeling 3 of the 6 three star guys should be ranked higher. Raridan, Walker and Moore are criminally underrated IMO. I see ND ending up 7-8 in the final recruiting rankings. I’ll take it!

Comment

Top ranked defensive player is from Hilton Head and top ranked offensive player is from LA. That’s national recruiting.
                                                                                      Was talking about this on Facebook today. This class has all 4 corners covered. Boston, Naples, Los Angeles & Portland

Comment

• A great group effort. We gave huge props to the entire staff for what they put together as far as visitors in June. And, they get another round for completing the work.

Very fun class to play what if with. You know you are putting together really good classes when players like Rubio and Ford become seemingly forgotten prospects as the cycles wear on.

Comment

Was talking about this on Facebook today. This class has all 4 corners covered. Boston, Naples, Los Angeles & Portland
                                                                                          No other school will ever recruit like this. Super impressive and must create a very unique team dynamic.

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 10.16.14 PM.png

Comment

A great group effort. We gave huge props to the entire staff for what they put together as far as visitors in June. And, they get another round for completing the work.

Very fun class to play what if with. You know you are putting together really good classes when players like Rubio and Ford become seemingly forgotten prospects as the cycles wear on.
                                                                                            Good point! When they just keep rolling in, it’s pretty easy to forget (because you’re looking forward) what you already have. This I guess is recruiting at an elite level, or so it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post

No other school will ever recruit like this. Super impressive and must create a very unique team dynamic.

Screen Shot 2021-08-08 at 10.16.14 PM.png
                                                                                              Ohio State's doing their best Irish impersonation over the past 3 years.

Plus they signed a punter from down under.

Comment

• Yea, OSU’s map has been really impressive.

Comment

• I would like to see ND add a fourth WR to this class. A top quality one. Should they squeeze in a fifth, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt either.

This is a premium position now based on how the game is being played and the way referees call games now. Spread it out and sling it. You need a trigger man and receivers to get it done.
                                                                                                  It is no coincidence that the growth of modern tyrants has in every case been heralded by the growth of prejudice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rogue219 View Post
                                                                                                    I would like to see ND add a fourth WR to this class. A top quality one. Should they squeeze in a fifth, my feelings wouldn't be terribly hurt either.

This is a premium position now based on how the game is being played and the way referees call games now. Spread it out and sling it. You need a trigger man and receivers to get it done.
                                                                                                    I'll be thrilled if they hold on to Walker at this point.

Comment

• Did ND offer or take a look at Le’Veon Moss? I see he decomitted from Bama, I presume he either sticks with them in the end or flips to LSU. Might be worth testing the waters provided he can qualify of course.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X