No announcement yet.

National Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I honestly thought Ole Miss was on the up and up and just having a lucky year... I'm starting to come around to them doing SOMETHING wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
      Reuben Foster is in Tusclaloosa tonight as well. Was supposed to be at Auburn this weekend.
      I'm still trying to figure this kid out and decide whether I'll be happy or not if he signs with us. He's a BEAST at LB and seems like a genuinely likeable, smart kid, but something about his attitude worries me. He's flip-flopped too much and seems to be trying to play everybody. I just get the feeling he's always going to be a "me first" sort of guy and not a team player. If he's in Tuscaloosa instead of Auburn tonight, that's good in a way, but I have some reservations about him.
      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Glad to see a school and staff take a stand, although I wonder what they expected. Clearly Evans asked Bryant to go with him in hopes of landing an offer, and it seems obvious Bryant was never interested in FAU.

FAU sends Keith Bryant home
        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• Sounds like Chris Jones made it down to Oxford for another late night weekend visit to Ole Miss

Some sources reported Jones visited late Friday night but he denied it, some of the sources still claim he did.

He was at an MSU bball game this afternoon
          Last edited by STLDomer; 02-03-2013, 01:06 AM.
          “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Carl Lawson says he will sign with Auburn.

Comment

• Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
              Carl Lawson says he will sign with Auburn.
              Another Mike Farrell swing and miss.
              This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Carl Lawson says he will sign with Auburn.
                Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                Another Mike Farrell swing and miss.
                Lol Yup.

Predictions the Rivals guys made less than a hour ago:

Rivals.com Football Recruiting - NSD 2013 Rivals250 Commitment Predictions

6/8 said Tennessee

Comment

• 6/8 said Ashawn to Texas to. Farrell was surprisingly right on that one.

Comment

6/8 said Ashawn to Texas to. Farrell was surprisingly right on that one.
                    Confused by that, they literally just updated the list a minute ago to take off Lawson and Ashawn is still there, didn't he name them his leader/said he was going to sign with them?

Comment

• Mike Farrell is honestly the biggest loser I know. Everyone of his predictions [IMG][IMG][/IMG][/IMG]
                      Last edited by GBdomer; 02-03-2013, 04:37 PM.

Comment

• wheres farrell predicting EV?

Comment

• Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                          wheres farrell predicting EV?
                          UCLA

Comment

• Originally posted by ND NYC View Post
                            wheres farrell predicting EV?
                            That means he's going to ND.

Comment

• I went to a college hoops game this week with a buddy of mine who is a big booster for the school he attended. He told me one of his fraternity brothers who coached at couple of the big name high schools out here in the West (schools everyone knows) is now one of the paid scouts/recruiters. He said pretty much every big name BB recruit someone has been paid to have them land where they end up. If this is so prevelant in college hoops, you have to wonder how much this is happening in college football, where there is way more money for a school to gain by having a great program.

By the way, this guy is set up in the Cayman Islands (I believe is what my buddy said) to cover the money trail. I also remember when he was at these big name high schools how much free Nike stuff he used to get.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                That means he's going to ND.
                                where are you predicting he goes GB?? :)
                                Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                  where are you predicting he goes GB?? :)
                                  UCLA

Comment

UCLA
                                    I hope you're as accurate as Farrell

Comment

• “@jcshurburtt: So Dontre Wilson, Reuben Foster and Alex Collins all coming off the board tonight. Predictions, anyone? #SigningDay”

Comment

• I am going OSU, Auburn, and Arkansas.

Comment

• I think Foster chooses Bama but other than tht I agree with you GITF

Comment

• Yeah I am not very confident picking Auburn, but the tattoo was the tie breaker. Haha

Comment

• Ill go with Miami for Collins

Comment

• who was that uncommitted (i think) LB that played lights out in the AA game.
                                                kinda lanky, but a great hitter. i think he was a miami kid
                                                did he declare yet?

Comment

• Your thinking of Matthew Thomas. He's probably going to FSU now because Miami dropped his teammate.

Comment

• thats the one thx Philly

Comment

• Sadface

Samantha Steele Ponder will be at Michigan for NSD coverage

Comment

• Alex Collins committed to Arkansas. 1for 1 so far tonight.

Comment

• LOL Foster picks Bama. Make sure to tape up that tat ol boy

Comment

• 3 for 3 baby. What do I win?

Comment

• So in summary: a kid with a Auburn tattoo commited to Alabama, a kid from Florida picked Arkansas over Miami and a kid committed to the University of Ohio State (UOS?)

Comment

3 for 3 baby. What do I win?
                                                                2nd team all poster, one team behind me.

Burns deep doesn't it? Hahahaha

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                  So in summary: a kid with a Auburn tattoo commited to Alabama, a kid from Florida picked Arkansas over Miami and a kid committed to the University of Ohio State (UOS?)
                                                                  tUoOS? I am sure I could not pronounce that sober.

Comment

• Nkemdiche- Ole Miss
                                                                    Rasmey- sticks with USC
                                                                    Foster- Would have said Bama
                                                                    Tunsil- Ole Miss
                                                                    Thomas- Florida State
                                                                    Chris Jones- flips to Ole Miss
                                                                    Vanderdoes- UCLA
                                                                    Montavius Adams- Auburn
                                                                    Von Bell- Ohio State
                                                                    Ashaun Robinson- Alabama
                                                                    Mackensie Alexander- Auburn
                                                                    Alvin Kamara- Alabama
                                                                    Altee Tennepenny- sticks with Alabama
                                                                    Dee Liner- Alabama
                                                                    Antionio Conner- Ole Miss
                                                                    Dontre Wilson- Would have said Ohio State
                                                                    Stacy Coley- Florida State
                                                                    Alex Collins- Would have said Miami
                                                                    Fitts- UCLA
                                                                    Woulard- UCLA
                                                                    Robinson Twins- flips to Washington
                                                                    Prevot- Flips to A&M
                                                                    Denver Kirkland- Florida State
                                                                    LJ Moore- Oklahoma

That is my prediction on the top guys
                                                                    Can't wait till Wed! What's everyone's plan? Don't have class till 530
                                                                    Last edited by GBdomer; 02-05-2013, 03:41 AM.

Comment

• Damn, wish we could close like Bama for once.

Comment

• Originally posted by mr7183 View Post
                                                                        Damn, wish we could close like Bama for once.
                                                                        How many will they sign this year? Under/Over line at 26.5?

Comment

Nkemdiche- Ole Miss
                                                                          Rasmey- sticks with USC
                                                                          Tunsil- Ole Miss
                                                                          Thomas- Florida State
                                                                          Vanderdoes- UCLA
                                                                          Montavius Adams- Auburn
                                                                          Von Bell- Ohio State
                                                                          Ashaun Robinson- Alabama
                                                                          Alvin Kamara- Alabama
                                                                          Dee Liner- Alabama
                                                                          Fitts- UCLA
                                                                          Woulard- UCLA
                                                                          Prevot- Flips to A&M
                                                                          LJ Moore- Oklahoma

Not what i like to see.
                                                                          Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Someone with Rivals may be able to confirm or deny but Farrell seems to be reporting FSU flipped/will flip Jalen Ramsey

Comment

Nkemdiche- Ole Miss
                                                                              Rasmey- sticks with USC
                                                                              Tunsil- Ole Miss
                                                                              Thomas- Florida State
                                                                              Vanderdoes- UCLA
                                                                              Montavius Adams- Auburn
                                                                              Von Bell- Ohio State
                                                                              Ashaun Robinson- Alabama
                                                                              Alvin Kamara- Alabama
                                                                              Dee Liner- Alabama
                                                                              Fitts- UCLA
                                                                              Woulard- UCLA
                                                                              Prevot- Flips to A&M
                                                                              LJ Moore- Oklahoma

Hard to argue with that list. Ole Miss and Bama closing with killer classes.
                                                                              www.chicagosportstown.com

Comment

• 0-1 already Sully. Ramsey is going to FSU.

Overrated. ;)

Comment

0-1 already Sully. Ramsey is going to FSU.

Overrated. ;)
                                                                                  That was a tough one for me. Lets see your list!

Comment

• having trouble uploading my list....should be fixed and ready to post by thursday morning
                                                                                    Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• CBS's Matt Hinton just published a compelling article on the importance of recruit rankings:

The evidence is overwhelming: Despite some obvious, anecdotal exceptions, on the whole recruiting rankings clearly are useful for creating a realistic baseline for expectations. But the narrower your focus, the less useful they will become.

The massively hyped, five-star recruit headlining your team's next recruiting class may be an irredeemable bust; he is also many times more likely than a scrappy three-star to pan out as an All-American and move on to the next level. Somewhere, an under-scouted afterthought with a chip on his shoulder will almost certainly go on to defy the odds, become a star and maybe win the Heisman Trophy. But that doesn't change the odds, which are against him becoming anything more than an obscure role player, at best. Inevitably, a team full of afterthoughts at the bottom of the rankings will defy the odds, catch fire, pull a few upsets and storm its way into a BCS bowl. But that doesn't change the odds, which are in favor of the same team dwindling on the edge of bowl eligibility. And just as inevitably, the eventual national champion will emerge from the ranks of the handful of teams that consistently come out on top on signing day.

The exceptions prove the rule: Overwhelmingly, setting aside every other conceivable factor that determines success and failure -- injuries, academics, even coaching -- individual players and teams tend to perform within the very narrow range their initial recruiting rankings suggest. Some percentage of both groups will not. But when it comes to forming expectations, it should go without saying that you never want to count on being one of the anomalies.
                                                                                      Well worth your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whiskeyjack View Post
                                                                                        CBS's Matt Hinton just published a compelling article on the importance of recruit rankings:

Well worth your time.
                                                                                        Great article...The one thing I can say is that walkons, 2, and 3 star guys tend to face what I call star inertia...basically if a coach got a 4 or 5 star kid to come play, his reputation and credibility hang with those guys a bit...so 4 and 5 star guys are VERY hard to unseat in the 2 deep even when they aren't performing "better" than the 3 star...this is when we start to hear words like upside, etc.

Its not an even contest...in cases where both the 3 star and 4/5 star could be a future AA, the 4/5 is gonna get the opportunity.

I don't refute the conclusion of the article, but being a 4 or 5 star coming in paves your way to a longer leash, more attention, so in terms of opportunity, 4s and 5s have more.
                                                                                        One equal temper of heroic hearts, Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

Comment

• Looking like Levenberry to Tennesse.

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Tyree Robinson just informed me he and his brother WILL announce their decision "later tonight" <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23SigningDay">#SigningDay</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Oregon">#Oregon</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23Washington">#Washington</a></p>&mdash; Justin Hopkins (@JHopkins247) <a href="https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/status/298893112288366592">February 5, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                                                            <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• @38Godfrey: Even with the likely big names, there's still one shocker left for Ole Miss tomorrow.

Comment

• Will someone else make predictions so I don't look like the only dumbass tomorrow lol.

Comment

Will someone else make predictions so I don't look like the only dumbass tomorrow lol.
                                                                                                  Philly made some too.

Comment

Will someone else make predictions so I don't look like the only dumbass tomorrow lol.
                                                                                                    Ty Isaac - Notre Dame

Comment

Philly made some too.
                                                                                                      I was hoping to see a list from you and Golden.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X