National Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
    REally, what is going on there? Playing time? Is it momentum? Coaching staff?

I have been there before and I can say it was a fun school to visit, but that is insane.
    Frieze is a heck of a recruiter, has the fans and prospective recruits fired up, and has that program on the upswing. I don't think there's a snowball's chance they become a contender for the SEC crown, let alone the NC (he'll get a few top-notch recruits, but never enough talent and depth across the board), but he's definitely getting some interest from more talented players than expected.
    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
      REally, what is going on there? Playing time? Is it momentum? Coaching staff?

I have been there before and I can say it was a fun school to visit, but that is insane.

Comment

• OT Austin Golson decommitted from FSU today coming off his weekend visit to Florida State. Had visited Ole Miss the weekend before.

Says he is down to Ole Miss and FSU.

Ole Miss is setting up for a monster finish.
        This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• FSU guys think is is gone to Ole Miss. Blaming Trinkett, and wondering how Ole Miss is doing it.
          This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• Looks like Vonn Bell will end up at Tennessee

Comment

• @ralphDrussoAP: Good dtuff RT @USATODAYsports: Bad idea Taking recruits to strip club. Worse idea: Bragging about the trip on Twitter: Florida International players take recruits to a strip club

Comment

• Tony Alford - Notre Dame Football

Never saw this before on Rivals.. There is a tab you can use to view any coach from each program and see what verbals they landed and who they are recruiting.

Comment

• JC Shurburtt ‏@jcshurburtt
                  Good chance there are some surprises for #Bama in this class from what I am hearing. #SigningDay

Comment

• @Mengus22
                    RT @JdotLeazy There's a student at Arkansas who has tweeted Alex Collins literally hundreds of times. HUNDREDS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
                      JC Shurburtt ‏@jcshurburtt
                      Good chance there are some surprises for #Bama in this class from what I am hearing. #SigningDay
                      I hope so! We're in the hunt for about 10 uncomitted 4 & 5 stars. I have no idea which of them, if any, we'll get, but I think we'll probably land 2-4 of them.
                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• ‏@Andrew_Gribble
                        Of the 27 Alabama players drafted since 2007, 16 were ranked 3-stars or lower as recruits by either Rivals or Scout.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                          ‏@Andrew_Gribble
                          Of the 27 Alabama players drafted since 2007, 16 were ranked 3-stars or lower as recruits by either Rivals or Scout.
                          Rather surpising. We've had several unheralded recruits that blossomed. Marcel Darius, Barrett Jones, Chance Warmack, and Mark Ingram were all just average recruits that nobody really expected greatness from. Rashad Johnson was a 2-star walkon for us who didn't get a single D1 offer yet went on to be a team captain, All-American, and high draft pick. I think Saban does a great job finding those diamonds in the rough that will exceed all expectations and developing those kids, but every school has a few like that. Andrew Luck wasn't a top 50 recruit, and RGIII and Johnny Manziel were only 3 star recruits.

It's interesting to look at the ESPN150 from past years and see how many future superstars weren't even on the list or were at least nowhere near the top. Lots of 5 star, "can't miss" recruits are never heard of again, and lots of guys nobody expected much from turn into superstars.

Comment

• Apparently Bama is making a strong run at A'Shawn Robinson now and may be ahead of USC as his top out of state choice per the Texas 247 board.

Bama just needs to chill for real. They don't need every GD top ranked defensive recruit!

Comment

Apparently Bama is making a strong run at A'Shawn Robinson now and may be ahead of USC as his top out of state choice per the Texas 247 board.

Bama just needs to chill for real. They don't need every GD top ranked defensive recruit!
                              LOL! Yes we do! There's no such thing as having enough talent. Too many other good teams out there who'll gladly kick our butt and have the talent to do so on any given Saturday.

Comment

Apparently Bama is making a strong run at A'Shawn Robinson now and may be ahead of USC as his top out of state choice per the Texas 247 board.

Right!
                                Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

• Auburn's OVs this coming weekend.

Here are seven I've confirmed so far...

5-star LB Reuben Foster from Auburn (Ala.) High
                                  5-star DT Montravius Adams from Dooly County in Vienna, Ga.
                                  5-star DE Carl Lawson from Milton in Alpharetta, Ga. (Auburn commit)
                                  5-star DL Elijah Daniels from Avon (Ind.) High (Ole Miss commit)
                                  4-star DT Toby Johnson from Hutchinson (Kan.) C.C.
                                  3-star LB Ro'Derrick Hoskins from Evans in Orlando, Fla. (FSU commit)
                                  3-star OL DeVondre Seymour from North Gwinnett in Suwanee, Ga.

Two possibles...

4-star OL Austin Golson from Prattville (Ala.) High (Coming as of Monday night)
                                  3-star WR/S Marqui Hawkins from Carver in Columbus, Ga. (Florida commit)

Comment

Auburn's OVs this coming weekend.

Here are seven I've confirmed so far...

5-star LB Reuben Foster from Auburn (Ala.) High
                                    5-star DT Montravius Adams from Dooly County in Vienna, Ga.
                                    5-star DE Carl Lawson from Milton in Alpharetta, Ga. (Auburn commit)
                                    5-star DL Elijah Daniels from Avon (Ind.) High (Ole Miss commit)
                                    4-star DT Toby Johnson from Hutchinson (Kan.) C.C.
                                    3-star LB Ro'Derrick Hoskins from Evans in Orlando, Fla. (FSU commit)
                                    3-star OL DeVondre Seymour from North Gwinnett in Suwanee, Ga.

Two possibles...

4-star OL Austin Golson from Prattville (Ala.) High (Coming as of Monday night)
                                    3-star WR/S Marqui Hawkins from Carver in Columbus, Ga. (Florida commit)
                                    Nice weekend to finish up with!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                      LOL! Yes we do! There's no such thing as having enough talent. Too many other good teams out there who'll gladly kick our butt and have the talent to do so on any given Saturday.
                                      If they grab A'Shawn, will they still take EV or will 'spots' be full at that position?

Comment

If they grab A'Shawn, will they still take EV or will 'spots' be full at that position?
                                        Its Bama of course they take him.

Comment

• I think Ole Miss has opened the first college of nymphoology that has strict interview only admission policy. Strange administrative snaffu has them sharing a dorm with the football players.

Comment

I "think" we'd take both, but not sure how many spots we still have open. I doubt we get either, but who knows.

Comment

• in other news:

urban picked up a commitment from corey smith (juco from mississippi)
                                              Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

• The rest of the top 247

Staff picks for uncommitted members of the top 247. They pick Alvin Kamara to Bama. I don't get how they can pull the #7 and #8 RB and then get the #3 APB??? And didn't they tell Derrick Henry he'd be a RB? Or is he a LB?

They also pick 2 more recruits to UCLA and are split on Fitts. And that doesn't include EV. Jesus I wish they'd fill up soon.

Comment

• Stanford is expecting to sign a class of 12 on Wednesday. Roster is basically already full.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                    The rest of the top 247

Staff picks for uncommitted members of the top 247. They pick Alvin Kamara to Bama. I don't get how they can pull the #7 and #8 RB and then get the #3 APB??? And didn't they tell Derrick Henry he'd be a RB? Or is he a LB?

They also pick 2 more recruits to UCLA and are split on Fitts. And that doesn't include EV. Jesus I wish they'd fill up soon.
                                                    the stuff i read was that they have been recruiting him as a LB
                                                    EMPTY SPACE WAITING FOR THE NEXT HOT TAKE

Comment

• I like

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Certainly cant accuse JF of being boring RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mengus22">mengus22</a>: Yeah, James Franklin called Nick Saban "Nicky Satan" - <a href="http://t.co/oEJP3doT" title="http://bit.ly/Vsgtuj">bit.ly/Vsgtuj</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/296704357397852161">January 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                      <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Comment

• Originally posted by Me2SouthBend View Post
                                                        I like

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Certainly cant accuse JF of being boring RT @<a href="https://twitter.com/mengus22">mengus22</a>: Yeah, James Franklin called Nick Saban "Nicky Satan" - <a href="http://t.co/oEJP3doT" title="http://bit.ly/Vsgtuj">bit.ly/Vsgtuj</a></p>&mdash; Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) <a href="https://twitter.com/BFeldmanCBS/status/296704357397852161">January 30, 2013</a></blockquote>
                                                        Meh. Franklin is a tool IMO.

Comment

Meh. Franklin is a tool IMO.
                                                          He may be, but he's just saying what we're all thinking.

Comment

• He certainly is trying his hardest to make Vanderbilt relevant though.

Comment

• I am waiting patiently for the day he leave/gets fired so I can appropriately use the hashtag #anchorup

Comment

• <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Talked to @<a href="https://twitter.com/mansell247">mansell247</a> who classifies Tunsil as a "heavy lean" to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/&#37;23OleMiss">#OleMiss</a></p>&mdash; JC Shurburtt (@jcshurburtt) <a href="https://twitter.com/jcshurburtt/status/297367523257630721">February 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

Ole Miss is EN FUEGO

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                  <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Talked to @<a href="https://twitter.com/mansell247">mansell247</a> who classifies Tunsil as a "heavy lean" to <a href="https://twitter.com/search/%23OleMiss">#OleMiss</a></p>&mdash; JC Shurburtt (@jcshurburtt) <a href="https://twitter.com/jcshurburtt/status/297367523257630721">February 1, 2013</a></blockquote>

Ole Miss is EN FUEGO
                                                                  Again....WHY????
                                                                  Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

• Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                                                    Again....WHY????
                                                                    C.R.E.A.M.

I don't get it either... maybe kids are just looking for early PT? I do understand Treadwell and Nkedmiche because of their connections to the school.

Comment

• They could end up with the top 3 prospects on 24/7, to go along with 2 other 5 in the fold and a possible 6th in Tony Conner. Oh, and they have the #1 Composite Athlete.

Insane.

Comment

• Whatever evens the playing field in the sec is fine by me

Comment

• Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                                                          Again....WHY????
                                                                          See Franklin. Benjamin Franklin.

Comment

• Alabama RB commit Tyren Jones broke his jaw in a school fight hahaha.

Comment

• Looks like Ashawn Robinson flipped to Bama. The machine keeps on rolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by GBdomer View Post
                                                                                Looks like Ashawn Robinson flipped to Bama. The machine keeps on rolling.
                                                                                Stewart Mandel ‏@slmandel
                                                                                5*, committed for a year. RT @gkketch: OB has confirmed that A'Shawn Robinson informed Texas coaches he will sign with Alabama on Wednesday.

Hopefully it helps us with EV.

EDIT: Can't blame anybody for leaving Texas right now. They are a hot mess and this latest incident with Major Applewhite is another self inflicted black eye.

Comment

• Damn bama stay out of Texas!!

Comment

• The state of Texas is getting raided. SEC is taking advantage especially A&M. Stay in state and play for the SEC.
                                                                                    "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                                                    - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

• Texas A&M is going to steal the thunder from the long horns if they keep winning.

Comment

• Ho hum, Ole Miss picks up former Auburn 4 RB commit Jordan Wilkins. Also everyone is saying Chris Jones will likely pick Ole Miss now too.

Comment

• #1 overall/ #1 SDE
                                                                                          #2 SDE
                                                                                          #3 SDE
                                                                                          #1 OT
                                                                                          #1 JUCO player/ #1 DT
                                                                                          #1 WR
                                                                                          #2 Safety

Wowzers
                                                                                          “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                                            #1 overall/ #1 SDE
                                                                                            #2 SDE
                                                                                            #3 SDE
                                                                                            #1 OT
                                                                                            #1 JUCO player/ #1 DT
                                                                                            #1 WR
                                                                                            #2 Safety

Wowzers
                                                                                            You are forgetting Tunsil.

Comment

#1 overall/ #1 SDE
                                                                                              #2 SDE
                                                                                              #3 SDE
                                                                                              #1 OT
                                                                                              #1 JUCO player/ #1 DT
                                                                                              #1 WR
                                                                                              #2 Safety

Wowzers
                                                                                              Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                              You are forgetting Tunsil.
                                                                                              #1 OT?
                                                                                              “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

#1 OT?
                                                                                                Yes, and would make #1, #2, and #3 overall for the Rebels. I don't think that has been done since the big sites popped up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                                  Yes, and would make #1, #2, and #3 overall for the Rebels. I don't think that has been done since the big sites popped up.
                                                                                                  maybe since SMU back in the day ... oh, wait

Comment

• Reuben Foster is in Tusclaloosa tonight as well. Was supposed to be at Auburn this weekend.

Comment

• Over/under, how much will Ole Miss pay for this years recruiting class?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X