National Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
    Easy with the attitude. That was a sincere question.
    I'm not trying to be heavy on attitude, and apologize if a bit of temper showed, but his question was not sincere. He has repeatedly twisted the facts, intentionally misinterpreted my replies, and is clearly trying to be insulting and derogatory towards SEC teams by doing so. I'm reacting the same way most ND fans would were someone doing the same towards their team. A difference of opinion is great. A wilfull attempt to misinterpret things in order to be insulting is not.
    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
      So the actual answer to my THEORETICAL question is just a simple "Yes." Thanks for 5 paragraphs though.
      Again, sir, you are attempting to be coy and less than honest. Your assertion was that SEC teams could sign as many players in a class as they wanted as long as they didn't exceed 85 total on scholarship, and not so subtley insinuating that SEC schools cheat to get extra players. I explained clearly that wasn't the case and more than 25 could be signed only if a school had scholarships left over from the previous class. If you still don't understand, then I'm sorry. I'm unable to explain it any more clearly to you so that you might understand. OTOH, if your intention is just to be insulting and argue, I'll leave you to your own devices and resist the temptation to lower myself to that level. Have a good day and enjoy the game next week.
      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
        I'm not trying to be heavy on attitude, and apologize if a bit of temper showed, but his question was not sincere. He has repeatedly twisted the facts, intentionally misinterpreted my replies, and is clearly trying to be insulting and derogatory towards SEC teams by doing so. I'm reacting the same way most ND fans would were someone doing the same towards their team. A difference of opinion is great. A wilfull attempt to misinterpret things in order to be insulting is not.
        I'll make this easy to understand. You're an SEC fan, Bama specifically, married to an SC grad/fan, and you're on here posting such things as: ' A 17-23 loss for ND in the NC game, claiming that Bama is more conditioned than ND, all of this on a Notre Dame Board, and those were just two of the most recent comments I've read of yours, so who knows what else or who else you've rubbed the wrong way up to this point.

I don't mind opinions and you are more than welcome to share them but when you post such things, what sort of welcoming did you expect? You aren't going to get the same sort of leeway when you share your opinions and those being negative opinions towards our Irish. Things I'm sure are not that much different on your bama boards. Just roll with the punches on this board and don't take everyone so seriously. Obviously irishOG77 must have gotten under your skin a little bit, whether he meant that or not, it's happening. Just move on.
        Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 12-31-2012, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris P. Bacon View Post
          you're on here posting such things as: ' A 17-23 loss for ND in the NC game, claiming that Bama is more conditioned than ND.
          Actually, I've said nothing but complimentary things about ND, that both our teams are very talented and fundamentally sound, that both are in outstanding condition, but believe fatigue will be a factor for BOTH sides late in the game, that I believe the game could go either way, and that I have nothng but respect for you as a school and a football program.

The worst thing I believe I've said is that I think Bama will probably win by about 6 points. Since most experts across the country are also predicting a Bama win in a close game - and I am a Bama fan afterall - that hardly seems arrogant or insulting.

Comment

It isn't insulting. A bit delusional maybe but not insulting. See, we can backhand also. You have to remember, we have watched this team grow and win all season. Many of us have watched this team be built from the ground up. Watched the recruiting, watched our guys come up with plays to win. So forgive us if we come off as a little cocky on our own forum.

I don't frequent other forums. Especially opposing teams. The only forums I have even looked at were linked through this website. I signed up for another ND forum that was linked through here about 4 years ago. Couldn't tell you the name if it or how to get back to it. My point is, I read this board to interact with other Irish fans. I am ok with other teams fans posting here and even reading their opinions. I can't speak for Bama boards but I haven't seen any links from members here talking about a "good Bama board to go to". I have my own opinion about Bama and I doubt any Bama fan would agree. Irish may lose, may get boat raced, may win, may boat race Bama. Who knows. I certainly wouldn't register on a Bama board and post my opinions and expect not to get some conflict. Of course I wouldn't register on a Bama board anyway. Its a little different having friends you have known for years that are Bama fans and exchanging smack and exchanging smack with someone you don't know.

Either way good luck in the game. Playing for it all is very exciting and I for one am going to enjoy it and not apologize for my fandom.

Comment

Originally posted by ARALOU View Post
              It isn't insulting. A bit delusional maybe but not insulting. See, we can backhand also. You have to remember, we have watched this team grow and win all season. Many of us have watched this team be built from the ground up. Watched the recruiting, watched our guys come up with plays to win. So forgive us if we come off as a little cocky on our own forum.

I certainly wouldn't register on a Bama board and post my opinions and expect not to get some conflict.

Either way good luck in the game. Playing for it all is very exciting and I for one am going to enjoy it and not apologize for my fandom.
              First, we get how you feel about your team and watching them rebuild and climb back to the top after so many years of not being there. We were in the same boat just a few years ago, coming off several seasons of disappointment, thinking we were back and then finding out we weren't more than once, disappointing HC hires, high expectations and mediocre results, wondering when and if the magic would ever return, and finally having it happen. It's a great feeling and we understand. You love your team. You're proud of them and your school. You should be. Same with us.

As for opinions and posting here, it's interesting to get a reasonable view from the other side. I've tried to give mine and be respectful. Most of your fans here seem like good people and are knowledgeable about football. At no time have I tried to put your team down or be arrogant about mine. Do I think we'll win? Yes, but so do most people from outside the ND fanbase. Does that mean I think Bama is better in some areas than ND? Of course. If I didn't, I would be picking ND in a landslide. Do I think ND is better in some areas than Bama. Absolutely. You have a very good team. You're undefeated and ranked #1 for a reason.

Good luck to you too. I think it's going to be a heck of a good game between the two most storied programs in college football, both teams are good enough that it could go either way, and win or lose neither of us have any need to apologize for our fandom.

Comment

On a different note, I have a serious question. Our two schools rarely battle head-to-head over recruits, but it happens. Even less often do we steal a recruit out of the other's back yard. Back in the 70's Rich Wingo from Elkhart was committed to ND or at least leaning heavily in that direction, but Bear got him and he went on to be a great player for us.

I remember something from several years ago about ND getting a top recruit out of Tuscaloosa that we wanted, but can't recall a name. Can anybody remember who it was?

Comment

On a different note, I have a serious question. Our two schools rarely battle head-to-head over recruits, but it happens. Even less often do we steal a recruit out of the other's back yard. Back in the 70's Rich Wingo from Elkhart was committed to ND or at least leaning heavily in that direction, but Bear got him and he went on to be a great player for us.

I remember something from several years ago about ND getting a top recruit out of Tuscaloosa that we wanted, but can't recall a name. Can anybody remember who it was?
                  Justin Tuck was from Alabama..

Comment

Fair enough. I don't have any recollection of a player from Tuscaloosa but that doesn't mean there wasnt one. Even a star Irish player. I recall many from Georgia, Florida, South Carolina, Tennessee just to name a few. I have noticed that Alabama and ND historically have not gone head to head o ablarge number of recruits. That may or may not change. Seems ND have looked at Jones. He certainly fits the Irish profile and is an outstanding player and student. Someone else may he able to answer your question.

Comment

There ya go. Justin Tuck

Comment

In other news, Troy is burning yet again...

Comment

Originally posted by johnnykillz View Post
                          Lane is THAT bad at leading.

Comment

Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                            That name doesn't ring a bell, but he could be who I was thinking of, so thanks. I think I recall a top recruit from the Tuscaloosa or B'ham area that we really wanted, but he signed with ND. Maybe it was Tuck or my memory is playing tricks on me.

Comment

LOL if Tuck doesn't ring a bell it wasn't him. This is the two time SB champ from the Giants. Could have easily been MVP in one. I forgot he was from Bama but he was. He was recruited by EVERYONE including Alabama. He was from south Alabama if I remember correctly.

Comment

That name doesn't ring a bell, but he could be who I was thinking of, so thanks. I think I recall a top recruit from the Tuscaloosa or B'ham area that we really wanted, but he signed with ND. Maybe it was Tuck or my memory is playing tricks on me.
                                Not trying to be a dick. Is that sarcasm or no? All-Pro DE and 2 time Super Bowl champ with the Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                                  Only one I can think of, too. From outside Birmingham, I think

Comment

Wonder if Trojan Princess will flee again? USC looked...... I have no words to describe it. Dumpster fire...huge dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by ARALOU View Post
                                      Wonder if Trojan Princess will flee again? USC looked...... I have no words to describe it. Dumpster fire...huge dumpster fire.
                                      Looked like bad cigars, booze, and Juarez hookers to me.

Maybe a kitty cat burrito on the J-Town bridge headed back...

Comment

LOL.

Comment

Off the top of my head I don't recall anyone from T'town. There have been someone but you wouldn't know it if you lived in Alabama. Once they committed to ND their names rarely appeared in Alabama media.

Melvin Dansby from Ensley was a HS AA. After he chose ND the Birmingham News seem to "lose track" of him. The News had a routine feature each week in football season about local kids who played HS ball in AL but played football out of state. I never saw Dansby mentioned during his 5 year ND career. Great player and an even better young man.

Melvin had a younger brother, Kevin, that went to ND on scholarship, but I don't recall him ever playing. IRC he ran afoul of Res Life as a soph left school. Kevin's younger brother, Karlos, subsequently would not consider ND and became an AA LB at Auburn.

At the time Kevin Dansby was at ND, late 90's, Eric Chappell QB/S from Montgomery was a backup QB and Matt Brennen from Mobile was a starting OL

Justin Tuck came to ND in the early '00's. He was Kellyton and played for Central Coosa Co. Kellyton's about halfway between Birmingham and Auburn.

I think Mama Dansby was influential in Melvin's choice. She wanted a quality educations for her son as I recall. He may have been a factor in the group that followed him. I also believe UA coaching problems and NCAA sanctions may have been a factor in some recruitments. UA was nailed over Antonio Langham signing with an agent and then Dubose, Franchione, Price, and Shula followed Stallings retirement.

Comment

Looked like bad cigars, booze, and Juarez hookers to me.

Maybe a kitty cat burrito on the J-Town bridge headed back...
                                            LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                            "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Originally posted by NDFANnSouthWest View Post
                                              LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                              What they're not bad...?

Just don't use the salsa. Make sure it's still hot when you got it. Better than "chasers" for a hangover.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                Easy with the attitude. That was a sincere question.
                                                So the actual answer to my THEORETICAL question is just a simple "Yes." Thanks for 5 paragraphs though.
                                                Again, sir, you are attempting to be coy and less than honest. Your assertion was that SEC teams could sign as many players in a class as they wanted as long as they didn't exceed 85 total on scholarship, and not so subtley insinuating that SEC schools cheat to get extra players. I explained clearly that wasn't the case and more than 25 could be signed only if a school had scholarships left over from the previous class. If you still don't understand, then I'm sorry. I'm unable to explain it any more clearly to you so that you might understand. OTOH, if your intention is just to be insulting and argue, I'll leave you to your own devices and resist the temptation to lower myself to that level. Have a good day and enjoy the game next week.
                                                I was just asking a question. You obviously have a lot on your mind if this is your reaction and answer(s). I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.

Comment

This is Sparta not Bama.

That's my thoughts.

There's a reason why I'm not in your house. I couldn't stand being past it's threshold. What would be my true intent?
                                                  Last edited by johnnykillz; 12-31-2012, 07:42 PM.

Comment

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eZeYVIWz99I?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Comment

Originally posted by BGIF View Post
                                                      Melvin Dansby from Ensley was a HS AA. After he chose ND the Birmingham News seem to "lose track" of him.
                                                      Dansby's name sounds familiar. I believe he is probably who I was thinking of. Thanks.

Comment

I was just asking a question. You obviously have a lot on your mind if this is your reaction and answer(s). I bet you're a lot of fun at parties.
                                                        If you were genuinely just asking a question and I misunderstood or we had a communication breakdown, then my apologies. I'm certainly not above being wrong or misinterpreting something. No hard feelings and best wishes to you.

Comment

(Yay my turn...)

Comment

Originally posted by irishroo View Post
                                                            Not trying to be a dick. Is that sarcasm or no? All-Pro DE and 2 time Super Bowl champ with the Giants.
                                                            No, I wasn't being sarcastic at all. I haven't kept up with ND the past several years until this season, and despite having been a rabid NFL fan in my earlier days, I've lost interest in recent years for a variety of reasons. I couldn't even tell you which team half of the former Bama players in the NFL are on. I honestly had no idea who Tuck was.

Comment

What they're not bad...?

Just don't use the salsa. Make sure it's still hot when you got it. Better than "chasers" for a hangover.
                                                              Oh I know, went to NMSU for one year. Use to go to a place right off main street there that made the best sandwiches (can still picture it was in the comer of the bar). For some reason cant think of the name....named after a person. Remember the place?
                                                              "The good lord put eyes in front of your head rather than in back so you can see where you're going rather than where you've been." Lou Holtz

Comment

Oh I know, went to NMSU for one year. Use to go to a place right off main street there that made the best sandwiches (can still picture it was in the comer of the bar). For some reason cant think of the name....named after a person. Remember the place?
                                                                Pedro's?

Sh!t I dunno.

Tequila Derby, and Copacobana was it!

Gimme my quarter to get across, please? (Remember how hard it was to find enough scratch to get back across? Lol)

Comment

Pedro's?

Sh!t I dunno.

Tequila Derby, and Copacobana was it!

Gimme my quarter to get across, please? (Remember how hard it was to find enough scratch to get back across? Lol)
                                                                  Last time I was there I was in the Alive (cave looking place)...well was in a both with a young lady (leave it at that) and the bouncers saw what we were doing--- they dragged me out of the bar so I broke away and I kicked the **** out of one of the bouncers yet a second one caught me with a right cross to the jaw. Ran across the bridge 4.2 jumped over the tool both (landing on some orphans) and at the US side the officer said "....want to go back?" I said "never!"...well that was the last time I ever went to Juarez. Very dangerous place.

Comment

Last time I was there I was in the Alive (cave looking place)...well was in a both with a young lady (leave it at that) and the bouncers saw what we were doing--- they dragged me out of the bar so I broke away and I kicked the **** out of one of the bouncers yet a second one caught me with a right cross to the jaw. Ran across the bridge 4.2 jumped over the tool both (landing on some orphans) and at the US side the officer said "....want to go back?" I said "never!"...well that was the last time I ever went to Juarez. Very dangerous place.
                                                                    Lol.

We were single. I had 3 dozen nights just like that one. Unreal.

Now.

Now it's all about ND football baby!

I'll bet you headed for the virgin vault back at Cruces just like I did when I got back...
                                                                    Last edited by johnnykillz; 12-31-2012, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Lol.

We were single. I had 3 dozen nights just like that one. Unreal.

Now.

Now it's all about ND football baby!

I'll bet you headed for the virgin vault back at Cruces just like I did when I got back...
                                                                      Ahhhhhhh spent some nights at WRC.

Comment

Women's recreation center.

Lol.

Comment

Women's recreation center.

Lol.
                                                                          And they tried to tell me it was Women's Residential Center...LOL

Comment

Do we have anyone on these boards that follows Texas recruiting at all?

UT has very few commits this year and I was wondering if this was due to availability of scholarships or a significant decline in interest in the school by recruits. The verbals they do have are good quality but their numbers are very low.

I always assumed that Texas would have a top 10 class every year no matter what because of the statewide love for UT. I know UT is down right now and A&M is on the rise but it can't be THAT big of a swing can it?

Can anyone give their insight on this?

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame
                                                                              It is really decline in interest. A&M is the trendy school in Texas right now and the Horns are paying dearly. Also, Mack Brown sucks.
                                                                              Wow if that's the case UT really needs to consider getting rid of Mack in a hurry. UT should have no problem filling out it's class every year. How many spots does UT have left to fill this year?

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Looks like Chris Jones visited Ole Miss last night
                                                                                “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                                  Looks like Chris Jones visited Ole Miss last night
                                                                                  Tunsil, Nkemdiche and Treadwell are there as well. Big talent weekend.
                                                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #91
                                                                                    I guess Coley, Conner, Wiggins, and Denson are there too.

Wow.
                                                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

• #92
                                                                                      Would love to see Ole Miss become relevant.

Comment

• #93
                                                                                        Anyone know how many spots they are supposed to have?

I know they got a commit from a 3 reciever the other day that some were not thrilled about considering they have a good shot at Nkemdiche and Conner and a fair shot at guys like Tunsil and Jones among others

Comment

• #94
                                                                                          Report: Bo Pelini wasn't happy with recruit's decommitment - CBSSports.com
                                                                                          "I'm not a film evaluator"
                                                                                          - Kuejnhja 6-1-14

Comment

• #95
                                                                                            “@AW_QB2: No, coaches didn't take me to the playboy mansion. So, no its not a violation nor did they take me inside. I said I SAW it. Shut up.. Smh”

Hahaha QB Asianti Woolard on his OV to UCLA.

Comment

• #96
                                                                                              How many kids are going to decommit from Nebraska? Every time I get on twitter there is another one.

Comment

• #97
                                                                                                Saw something earlier that Chris Jones is going to visit Ole Miss again on Friday and Miss St on Saturday and then make a final decision. If he goes to Ole Miss they could have the #1 and #2 players in the country with a shot at #3 (Tunsil). That is not even mentioning the #1 WR. Holy shite.

Comment

• #98
                                                                                                  Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                                                                                                  Saw something earlier that Chris Jones is going to visit Ole Miss again on Friday and Miss St on Saturday and then make a final decision. If he goes to Ole Miss they could have the #1 and #2 players in the country with a shot at #3 (Tunsil). That is not even mentioning the #1 WR. Holy shite.
                                                                                                  And they had another top 5 WR, two top 10 S, and a top 5 guard there this past weekend.

Comment

• #99
                                                                                                    Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                                                                    And they had another top 5 WR, two top 10 S, and a top 5 guard there this past weekend.
                                                                                                    REally, what is going on there? Playing time? Is it momentum? Coaching staff?

I have been there before and I can say it was a fun school to visit, but that is insane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ndaccountant View Post
                                                                                                      REally, what is going on there? Playing time? Is it momentum? Coaching staff?

I have been there before and I can say it was a fun school to visit, but that is insane.
                                                                                                      cash?

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                      Working...
                                                                                                      X