National Recruiting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Recruiting Thread

Talk about recruiting outside of ND. Been wanting to make one of these for a while.
    Last edited by clashmore_mike; 07-23-2013, 10:19 PM.

How bout that clemson......yeeeeeep

Comment

Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post
      I don't think they'll end up with Nkemdiche

Comment

Originally posted by DSully1995 View Post

Comment

Looks like Kendall Fuller will choose VT tommorow. I guess Clemson ran out of money.

Comment

TP saying on Twitter big news for USC, smh. Anybody got a clue?

Comment

Originally posted by Grahambo View Post
              TP saying on Twitter big news for USC, smh. Anybody got a clue?
              Silas Redd + probably a high 4/5 star or maybe two. Heard that it is a DB. Probably McQuay who IMO is the best pure FS in the class. Kid has great Ball Skills.
              Last edited by NDPhilly; 07-29-2012, 02:58 AM. Reason: forgot Max Redfield committed

Comment

Originally posted by NDPhilly View Post
                Silas Redd + probably a high 4/5 star or maybe two. Heard that it is a DB. Probably McQuay who IMO is the best pure FS in the class. Kid has great Ball Skills.
                While that sucks, not unexpected. Redd to USC was all but given the first few minutes after the sanctions were announced. We all know USC was not done with some of the top guys on the board. Will be interesting to see once they are at their max, who is left out.

Comment

Of the few 5 stars that are left, none of them are really even considering USC except Willis. McQuay is at Gridiron Kings and all the talk around him is Vandy and FSU now.
                  Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 07-29-2012, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenIsThyFame View Post
                    Of the few 5 stars that are left, none of them are really even considering USC except Willis. McQuay is at Gridiron Kings and all the talk around him is Vandy and FSU now.
                    This^ and I'm not very confident about Willis. If SC takes another DB I believe it will be Jermaine Kelly, UCLA commit.

Comment

Surprised Texas only have 14 commits usually they have 20 by June. Is this because of recent struggles, Texas A&M and Baylor coming out in the past couple years, or just Texas kids looking in other directions now?

Comment

Per BG Sapp is hearing that Tahaan Goodman will commit to USC soon and that they will be out of scholarships after that. I originally thought it would be McQuay because a Rivals USC insider said it was a DB. Didn't think they would take Tahaan.

Comment

I'm hoping with USC basically done for now as far as scholarships, I'm sure they aren't done, that Washington can step up and take some to build up to smack down USC.

Comment

Looks like Greg Bryant is going to switch from OU to Auburn. This sucks because Auburn was really the only other major competitor to Michigan for Derrick Green. Michigan has gotten extremely lucky during his recruitment. Just a few weeks ago he was favoring Clemson and OSU. Than Clemson filled up and OSU said no thanks.

Comment

So where is Tahaan Goodman going now that SC is full? I've heard LSU? Nothing concrete at all though. Curious if anyone has heard more.

Priest Willis too, same question. LSU? I'd be thrilled if we could blow him away when he visits and steal him.

Comment

In the Last Tunnel Vision they said Willis is leaning LSU.

Comment

I seen a tweet that someone at USC would give their scholly up for Redd if he were to transfer.
                                  Prehistoric

Comment

“@rivalsmike: Could be a BIG de-commitment going down tonight, we'll see if it happens.”
                                    “Class is what losers talk about when they have nothing left to say.”

Comment

I wonder if BIG is just emphasis or a big ten school target? Michigan? Perhaps Penn State?

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                        “@rivalsmike: Could be a BIG de-commitment going down tonight, we'll see if it happens.”
                                        My post from earlier today.
                                        Looks like Greg Bryant is going to switch from OU to Auburn. This sucks because Auburn was really the only other major competitor to Michigan for Derrick Green. Michigan has gotten extremely lucky during his recruitment. Just a few weeks ago he was favoring Clemson and OSU. Than Clemson filled up and OSU said no thanks.
                                        Thats probably who it is.

Comment

Yuuuuuuup

Comment

Rumors going around that Nkemdiche's dad excepted a job at Ole Miss. Considering that his brother already goes there; if true this could get interesting.

Comment

Rumors going around that Nkemdiche's dad excepted a job at Ole Miss. Considering that his brother already goes there; if true this could get interesting.
                                              Isn't their dad an MD?
                                              Last edited by GoldenIsThyFame; 07-30-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Isn't there dad an MD?
                                                I have no idea. I just read it on the Rivals and 247 boards.

Comment

Originally posted by Me2SouthBend
                                                  It's accepted Damn it.

It's their Damn it.

This message has been brought to you on behalf of DShans.

Bryant has decommitted. Only a matter of time until he commits to Auburn.
                                                  Last edited by NDinL.A.; 07-31-2012, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Mike Farrell on Rivals is hearing that USC told Leon McQuay and Tahaan Goodman that there was one spot left. McQuay was set to commit to USC last week but backed out. That spot was filled by Torrodney Prevot so they are full as of now. Sounds like McQuay is no longer considering USC and that Vandy is the leader. FSU, Oregon, and Notre Dame are still under consideration and will get officials.

Comment

Interesting. I would love to snag McQuay. He could be an even better Jamoris Slaughter for us, right? A guy that, in our system, could play any of the four DB spots.

Comment

IMO McQuay has the best ball skills of any safety in the country.

Comment

IMO McQuay has the best ball skills of any safety in the country.
                                                          FSU buddy thinks they have a good chance at getting him.
                                                          People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

I think we have a chance to make a big impression on him on his official because he seems like a high academic type of prospect.

Comment

I think we have a chance to make a big impression on him on his official because he seems like a high academic type of prospect.
                                                              It blows my mind that an intelligent kid like him would say Vandy, ND, and FSU in the same sentence.
                                                              People often ask me, 'Kenny, what are your weaknesses? Do you have any?' I would say that my biggest flaw, my achilles heel, is my tireless work ethic.

Comment

“@rivalsmike: Ok, I think #Auburn has the edge for Derrick Green now over #Michigan -- gut feeling but he says no decision this weekend despite rumors"

Comment

Good. Green is a great back.

Comment

Good. Green is a great back.
                                                                    I agree. I think both Greens are in the top 5 in this class. Ugh I really wanted Ryan Green.
                                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

QB Luke Del Rio will walk on at Alabama, passing up offers from Oregon St, Oklahoma St, and UCLA

Comment

Originally posted by STLDomer View Post
                                                                        QB Luke Del Rio will walk on at Alabama, passing up offers from Oregon St, Oklahoma St, and UCLA
                                                                        Helps that his daddy has some money.

Comment

Really thought he would have landed at UCLA under Mora.

Comment

So, Texas A&M has 33 commits at this time. Is there a reason for this, or is it simply SEC over signing stuff?

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by irish o'phile View Post
                                                                              So, Texas A&M has 33 commits at this time. Is there a reason for this, or is it simply SEC over signing stuff?
                                                                              oversigning im pretty sure i heard someone on ESPN say that this wasnt surprising considering the nature of the sec

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Originally posted by irish o'phile View Post
                                                                                When in Rome...

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Derrick Green said yesterday that Michigan leads. Ugh.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    Originally posted by fightingirish26 View Post
                                                                                    oversigning im pretty sure i heard someone on ESPN say that this wasnt surprising considering the nature of the sec
                                                                                    No, SEC rules only allow you to sign 27 and bring in 25 (allowing for 2 non-qualifiers) under most circumstances. Someone here in another thread explained what's going on with A&M, but I can't recall the exact details. IIRC, A&M has several open slots left over from last season's class, 25 signees would still leave them below 85 on scholarship, and thus can oversign a bit this year to get back up to full strength.
                                                                                    Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Isn't their dad an MD?
                                                                                      Not sure about the dad. The mom is a legislator in their native country (Nigeria?) and has stated she prefers Bama, but the older brother is at Ole Miss and Robert seems to be leaning in that direction. I think we have about a 35% chance of landing him.
                                                                                      Winners see success and want to climb up to its level. Losers see success and want to drag it down to their own.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        My post from earlier today.

Thats probably who it is.
                                                                                        Man, that's fun to read in hindsight.

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Bishop2b5 View Post
                                                                                          No, SEC rules only allow you to sign 27 and bring in 25 (allowing for 2 non-qualifiers) under most circumstances. Someone here in another thread explained what's going on with A&M, but I can't recall the exact details. IIRC, A&M has several open slots left over from last season's class, 25 signees would still leave them below 85 on scholarship, and thus can oversign a bit this year to get back up to full strength.
                                                                                          Aren't some of A&M's guys Juco's as well; meaning a few of those guys are Sophomores, Juniors? I believe, per the new SEC "rules" on oversigning, you could sign, say, 50 guys in a class still...provided you are under or at 85 and only 27/25 are Freshmen.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by irishog77 View Post
                                                                                            Aren't some of A&M's guys Juco's as well; meaning a few of those guys are Sophomores, Juniors? I believe, per the new SEC "rules" on oversigning, you could sign, say, 50 guys in a class still...provided you are under or at 85 and only 27/25 are Freshmen.
                                                                                            No, JUCO transfers count toward the 25 just like freshmen. You can't sign 25 freshmen AND several JUCO's. You can just sign up to 27 total and bring in 25 unless you have additional scholarships left over from the previous year's recruiting class and will still be at 85 or fewer on scholarship.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              No, JUCO transfers count toward the 25 just like freshmen. You can't sign 25 freshmen AND several JUCO's. You can just sign up to 27 total and bring in 25 unless you have additional scholarships left over from the previous year's recruiting class and will still be at 85 or fewer on scholarship.
                                                                                              Ok. So 85 is the key number here (A&M). And the 27/25 really doesn't mean sh!t then if you've got more than 25 spots available. Then an SEC team could still sign 50 freshman (theoretically), if they only had 35 returning scholly players?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Ok. So 85 is the key number here (A&M). And the 27/25 really doesn't mean sh!t then if you've got more than 25 spots available. Then an SEC team could still sign 50 freshman (theoretically), if they only had 35 returning scholly players?
                                                                                                Are you being intentionally obtuse or just determined to twist everything because you hate the SEC and have made up your mind about the situation regardless of the truth? Seriously. I'm not trying to argue or be insulting to you, but you appear determined to wilfully distort and misrepresent the facts in order to make a point. The need to do so is usually a good indication that an argument is invalid and NOT supported by the truth.

We have to follow the same NCAA rules as everyone else. SEC rules are more restrictive than the NCAA's on this subject. You may not like those rules. I don't like some of their rules either, but they are the ones in effect at this time and we have to follow them like everyone else.

I don't think there was anything in my reply that was unclear unless you went out of your way to misinterpret it. SEC rules allow teams to sign up to 27 and bring in up to 25 per class. The only exception is if you have scholarships remaining from your PREVIOUS recruiting class AND have room for them under the 85 total scholarships cap.

Occassionally, a team won't use all 25 scholarships with a recruiting class for various reasons. They will then have a few scholarships left over to use with the following year's recruiting class and can use those extra scholarships to exceed the 25 limit as long as they don't exceed a total of 85 on scholarship by the start of the following season - all completely within NCAA rules. Hardly any sort of competitive advantage in delaying bringing players into your program.

A few of you seem determined, despite all facts and explanations to the contrary, to believe SEC teams promise scholarships to 50 players each class, keep only the best ones, and sign 40 new players every year. Check your facts and look past the hatred and bias towards all things Southern or SEC.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Are you being intentionally obtuse or just determined to twist everything because you hate the SEC and have made up your mind about the situation regardless of the truth? Seriously. I'm not trying to argue or be insulting to you, but you appear determined to wilfully distort and misrepresent the facts in order to make a point. The need to do so is usually a good indication that an argument is invalid and NOT supported by the truth.

A few of you seem determined, despite all facts and explanations to the contrary, to believe SEC teams promise scholarships to 50 players each class, keep only the best ones, and sign 40 new players every year. Check your facts and look past the hatred and bias towards all things Southern or SEC.
                                                                                                  Easy with the attitude. That was a sincere question.

Comment

• #50

We have to follow the same NCAA rules as everyone else. SEC rules are more restrictive than the NCAA's on this subject. You may not like those rules. I don't like some of their rules either, but they are the ones in effect at this time and we have to follow them like everyone else.

I don't think there was anything in my reply that was unclear unless you went out of your way to misinterpret it. SEC rules allow teams to sign up to 27 and bring in up to 25 per class. The only exception is if you have scholarships remaining from your PREVIOUS recruiting class AND have room for them under the 85 total scholarships cap.

Occassionally, a team won't use all 25 scholarships with a recruiting class for various reasons. They will then have a few scholarships left over to use with the following year's recruiting class and can use those extra scholarships to exceed the 25 limit as long as they don't exceed a total of 85 on scholarship by the start of the following season - all completely within NCAA rules. Hardly any sort of competitive advantage in delaying bringing players into your program.

Originally posted by Rack Em View Post
                                                                                                    Easy with the attitude. That was a sincere question.
                                                                                                    So the actual answer to my THEORETICAL question is just a simple "Yes." Thanks for 5 paragraphs though.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X