This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another surprise coming

Hearing alot of chatter that this will be another great recruiting weekend for ND!

You know you can't leave it a that you have to share the rumor.
    Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

well whats the rumor bgoing around.

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine. A couple of years ago (I was a Mod here) I got some bad info that I relayed to the board, which still probably lives in IE history. Since then, I've decided to keep myself on the outside of the recruiting circles and wait until it is posted by other sites. I can tell you some of the names I'm seeing are Ray Drew and Troy Nicolas. Guess we'll see...

Comment

Originally posted by nd1 View Post
          well whats the rumor bgoing around.
          That its going to be a big recruiting weekend for ND! Or so its been rumored.

Comment

Ray Drew... Yikes.

Comment

that would be great but i see staying down south. he would be a great get but very unlikely.

Comment

if its drew i have one phone call to make to the local sports radio show. how sweet it would be

Comment

Won't Niklas be on campus this weekend? Drew just seems a little far fetched and strikes me as almost gratuitous depth at DE at this point. Obviously, if they landed him I won't be complaining, but I have to think Niklas would be the guy to commit this weekend (although I guess it wouldn't be a huge surprise). Huggy Bear would be a pleasant surprise, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                    Your guess is as good as mine. A couple of years ago (I was a Mod here) I got some bad info that I relayed to the board, which still probably lives in IE history. Since then, I've decided to keep myself on the outside of the recruiting circles and wait until it is posted by other sites. I can tell you some of the names I'm seeing are Ray Drew and Troy Nicolas. Guess we'll see...
                    Now I'm curious, what did you say?? LOL It must have been a whopper.

Comment

i just got the inside scoop guys. knute rockne is coming back from the grave to coach, joe montana will be qb once again, rocket and tim brown are back to their college form and all FOUR horsemen are returning! way to go bk and diaco!
                      Once a fan, always a fan. Married a Buckeye fan. Help!

Comment

Originally posted by A Pac View Post
                        i just got the inside scoop guys. knute rockne is coming back from the grave to coach, joe montana will be qb once again, rocket and tim brown are back to their college form and all FOUR horsemen are returning! way to go bk and diaco!
                        You forgot to mention Diaco is still in discussions with Leahy, Ara, and a certain bearded former texas ranger who has been keeping fit on a total gym
                        Fan since Vagas Ferguson and Jerome Heavens!

Comment

Originally posted by A Pac View Post
                          If Montana is playing QB, where are we gonna put Harry Stuhldreher??? lol

Comment

If this w/e brings a commitment from Niklas and Schmidt (preferred walk-on), I'd be content. It would be great to land Huggins also, but I doubt that is going to happen (Rutgers). I too think that Drew stays in the south.

Maybe the other surprise is that DB Blake Countess decommits from scUM! That would be lovely and welcomed surprise!

scUM's pain is ND's gain!!!

Comment

Apparently Diaco talked the NCAA into expanding the number of allowed scholarships for Notre Dame only. Not that surprising actually.

Comment

Yeah, the NCAA will now allow more scholarships for schools that actually graduate their players. On a related note, the SEC will only be allowed three scholarships for the entire conference.

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                  Yeah, the NCAA will now allow more scholarships for schools that actually graduate their players. On a related note, the SEC will only be allowed three scholarships for the entire conference.
                                  In a weird way... that actually makes a ton of sense. If you only graduate 50% of players over a 5 year period you should get a 50% scholarship reduction.

Comment

the cheating in the SEC would be out of control if this happened

Comment

Originally posted by GEORGIA DOMER View Post
                                      the cheating in the SEC would be out of control if this happened
                                      Are you saying that it's not completely out of control right now? Because it is beyond out of control already!

I can't imagine what would happen if they cheated more!
                                      We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

Originally posted by TheFlyingAlamo View Post
                                        Are you saying that it's not completely out of control right now? Because it is beyond out of control already!

I can't imagine what would happen if they cheated more!
                                        If they cheated anymore, we would have to get hot chicks to beat them with golf clubs.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLax View Post
                                          In a weird way... that actually makes a ton of sense. If you only graduate 50% of players over a 5 year period you should get a 50% scholarship reduction.
                                          Too bad the NCAA is too obsessed with $$$ for something proactive like this to ever happen.
                                          Last edited by TheFlyingAlamo; 01-25-2011, 10:03 AM.
                                          We learned more from a three-minute record, than we ever learned in school...

Comment

Originally posted by RDU Irish View Post
                                            And they'll still win. Who needs scholarships, when nobody goes to class anyway....HAHAHA

Comment

Germane of this discussion: In ancient times, everyone knew that Rice University had some of the highest academic standards for admissions, yet they were still competing effectively in the old Southwest conference [seven Texas schools plus Arkansas]. Someone who was following these things at the time told me that Rice had instituted a "special program" for football players who needed it, but without the Rice high quality standards. Because the faculty couldn't quite stomach this, a compromise was reached where anyone graduating from that special program got a somewhat different degree from Rice than ordinary students. I do not know if this story is correct, and maybe someone can educate us further, but, if it was, it "neatly" solves the standards "problem"... and the NCAA would certainly put a stop to such things [just as they did to the old "luxury hotel" Alabama "dorm".] Then the practice would have to go undercover and the faculty just shut up.

Comment

Originally posted by connor_in View Post
                                                You forgot to mention Diaco is still in discussions with Leahy, Ara, and a certain bearded former texas ranger who has been keeping fit on a total gym
                                                Apparently my sources are telling me that Chuck Norris wears Bob Diaco pajamas.

Comment

Probably know possibly what the coaches expect today. I believe I heard Kelly is announcing which 5th year guys will be back today. So I'm sure we will have an exact number and be able to figure out exactly who we might still be in the running with.

Comment

Word is that Ray Drew was recruiting players to Athens during is OV to Clemson, namely Antonio Richardson. I would be absolutely shocked if he wound up anywhere but Georgia.
                                                    This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

As long as we close the deal on what we have committed as of now, that will be suit me very well.
                                                      Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

I ma happy with the class we have and hopefully we can get them all to stay with us. Even the NCAA can't say NO to Coach D.
                                                        Brotherhood may fade, but it will never run

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman8 View Post
                                                          Word is that Ray Drew was recruiting players to Athens during is OV to Clemson, namely Antonio Richardson. I would be absolutely shocked if he wound up anywhere but Georgia.

I wouldn't, His Facebook says that there is a surprise in order. It also clearly says No Georgia!

Comment

Originally posted by Kingbish01 View Post
                                                            If they cheated anymore, we would have to get hot chicks to beat them with golf clubs.
                                                            I'll take that without cheating please..

Comment

I read that he said he ruled out Georgia because they were recruiting hima as a 3-4 OLB instead of his natural position: WDE, but I also read that Auburn, LSU, and Georgia are out and he is going to shock the world. Choosing ND would be shocking alright.
                                                              Last edited by Domina Nostra; 01-25-2011, 12:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish4Life09 View Post
                                                                Apparently my sources are telling me that Chuck Norris wears Bob Diaco pajamas.
                                                                At night the Boogie Man checks under his bed for Bob Diaco.

Bob Diaco can slam a revolving door.

When Bob Diaco looks at himself at a mirror, there is no reflection. There can only be one Bob Diaco.

I CAN DO THIS ALLLLL DAY!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Epitome View Post
                                                                  I wouldn't, His Facebook says that there is a surprise in order. It also clearly says No Georgia!
                                                                  Definitely hope I'm wrong.
                                                                  This post brought to you by the IE 2013 Fantasy Football, Fantasy Basketball, and Fantasy Baseball Champion. (Congrats to Junkhead for the 2013 College Fantasy Football Championship).

Comment

Wabash U, inside source says.

Comment

Originally posted by Domina Nostra View Post
                                                                      I read that he said he ruled out Georgia because they were recruiting hima as a 3-4 OLB instead of his natural position: WDE.
                                                                      Then he's not coming here either.

Comment

Hurricane

Comment

Pretty sure Al Golden runs a 3-4 defense too.

Comment

Hmm... if he goes Miami they might go from solid to straight up scary in '12.

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Originally posted by t3hjc View Post
                                                                              Pretty sure Al Golden runs a 3-4 defense too.
                                                                              yes, he does.

Comment

• #40
                                                                                Stepped in the mud again...anyway his status last night said:

There will be a huge surprise on Friday........no auburn, no Georgia, no lsu......time to shock the world baby
                                                                                He just visited Clemson this past weekend and Miami the weekend before. Those have to be the two of the hats on the table and the favorites after this comment. He has also been recruited heavily by Florida, Nebraska, and at one time ND and scUM.

My guess is he met Da'Quan Bowers and changed his opinion. My prediction is Clemson.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  Some girl on his FB just said he is playing for the Trees

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    This thread seems like it turned into a Ray Drew rumor about Miami.. What was the source that said ND was in for a big weekend?

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      Originally posted by IrishandColts View Post
                                                                                      Some girl on his FB just said he is playing for the Trees
                                                                                      As in Stanford? That would blow my mind. I expect Michigan or Clemson. Miami runs a 3-4 which seems to be the only reason he isn't going to Georgia. I throw Michigan in because of their "sexy" DC hire who is actually a guy who is past his prime and has never done anything spectacular.

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Jadeveon Clowney

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          Originally posted by Who'saWildManNow View Post
                                                                                          At night the Boogie Man checks under his bed for Bob Diaco.

Bob Diaco can slam a revolving door.

When Bob Diaco looks at himself at a mirror, there is no reflection. There can only be one Bob Diaco.

I CAN DO THIS ALLLLL DAY!!!

If you ask Bob Diaco what time it is, he always says, "Two seconds 'till." After you ask, "Two seconds 'til what?" he roundhouse kicks you in the face.

Bob Diaco originally appeared in the "Street Fighter II" video game, but was removed by Beta Testers because every button caused him to do a roundhouse kick. When asked bout this "glitch," Diaco replied, "That's no glitch."
                                                                                          Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Bob Diaco once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Bob Diaco instead decided to punch his way out of his mother’s womb.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by InKellyITrust View Post
                                                                                            Jadeveon Clowney
                                                                                            Bingo ;)

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Ray Drew is quoted a couple times saying he likes to be unpredictable and keep suspense. He is just building up the day he does announce. I wouldn't be surprised if it is UGA even though he said it won't be. That's his whole game and he has openly said he loves to remain confusing and unpredictable.

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                so is this ray drew stuff reliable or just a rumor made up because he got rid of three schools that weren't us....last I checked we wern't in his top 5 anyways.

Comment

• #49
                                                                                                  Originally posted by Big23Head View Post
                                                                                                  Ray Drew is quoted a couple times saying he likes to be unpredictable and keep suspense. He is just building up the day he does announce. I wouldn't be surprised if it is UGA even though he said it won't be. That's his whole game and he has openly said he loves to remain confusing and unpredictable.
                                                                                                  Bingo.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                                                                                                    As long as we close the deal on what we have committed as of now, that will be suit me very well.
                                                                                                    exactly

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X