A&M
    FAU

Media Links:

Twitter = https://twitter.com/juliansayin2

Instagram = https://www.instagram.com/juliansayin

Hudl = https://www.hudl.com/profile/4439162/Julian-Sayin

Maxpreps = https://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/dan...ball/stats.htm

Highlights:

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 06-04-2021, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Two thumbs up from me. He's really advanced for a Freshman.

Comment

I've got family in Carlsbad. I can have them drop the bag in... 2.5 years.

Comment

Can't we recruit a QB any taller? Just Sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post
                I think this kid is like 14 so he might grow a smidge.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishLion View Post
                  I've got family in Carlsbad. I can have them drop the bag in... 2.5 years.
                  Asa Turner called, said don't put coins in the bag next time.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Asa Turner called, said don't put coins in the bag next time.
                    Carlsbad Premium Outlets Mall gift cards??
                    What did Davonte do?

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Carlsbad Premium Outlets Mall gift cards??
                      Legoland vouchers

Comment

This is a guy who just played his freshman year, correct? We are really changing recruiting practices.

Comment

We need a Super Sayin on our roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post
                            This is a guy who just played his freshman year, correct? We are really changing recruiting practices.
                            Well, I think we should. But, I'm not sure this is an example of that taking place. He doesn't have an offer yet and I don't know how much contact he's had with Tommy.

Comment

I see what you did there

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

I see what you did there

Comment

That release>..... DANGGGGG
                                  " Brendon Clark for QB 2021"

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post

Well, I think we should. But, I'm not sure this is an example of that taking place. He doesn't have an offer yet and I don't know how much contact he's had with Tommy.
                                    I don't disagree necessarily. But if we start dropping lots of 2024 offers right now after reduced seasons, it must be the new normal. I'm just used to the staff barely getting offers out before the prior class signs.

Comment

Originally posted by StPaul_Irish View Post
                                      That release>..... DANGGGGG
                                      Agreed. He has great release, wonder how his accuracy/touch are in games? Could be a serious option

Comment

Originally posted by Trait Expectations View Post

Agreed. He has great release, wonder how his accuracy/touch are in games? Could be a serious option
                                        This is Danny Hernadez's golden child. He's been pushing him for the past year.

He didn't get that much burn this year because his older brother was still there. He'll be a QB at Penn next year... yet another reason to get hyped about Mr. Sayin.

Comment

Holy Seabiscuit. That’s a hell of an arm on a 15 year old.
                                          "Fvck Michigan" - The World

Comment

Definitely has some zip on that spin. Just Sayin.

Comment

Definitely has some zip on that spin. Just Sayin.
                                              Only so much water in that well #1.

Comment

What're you sayin?

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your wait staff.

Comment

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your wait staff.
                                                    No veal recommendation? Nevermind, I'll ask Whiskey.

Comment

No veal recommendation? Nevermind, I'll ask Whiskey.
                                                      Prime Rib is the special this week.

Comment

He’s really good.

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ett-165194559/

Comment

Is there any reason to believe the staff will go after a kid that seems to be served on a silver platter? Or is Rees gonna continue wasting his time on guys like Ty Simpson and Malachi Nelson?

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                            Is there any reason to believe the staff will go after a kid that seems to be served on a silver platter? Or is Rees gonna continue wasting his time on guys like Ty Simpson and Malachi Nelson?
                                                            Why is he on a silver platter? He has a ND shirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Why is he on a silver platter? He has a ND shirt?
                                                              Yes lol. This should be an auto offer. No in person eval required.

Comment

I don’t know if he’s an auto commit or anything like that. But, yea, you can offer this kid now. In this day and age I don’t see the risk. He commits too early and isn’t what you expected when 2023 rolls around. Ok, recruit a 2nd QB. That doesn’t seem like a big deal.

Comment

I can't wait for this kid to get offered, commit to Notre Dame, get a top 100 rating, then go to a QB Coach who "refines" his throwing motion, and then he absolutely stinks it up at the camp circuits his senior year of high school, leading this board to yet another existential crisis
                                                                  “The more you sweat in peace, the less you bleed in war.”
                                                                  ― Hyman G. Rickover

Comment

He already has a QB coach. He’s got the right one. As long as he doesn’t go to Taylor dumbass Kelly then we should be good to go, lol.

Comment

Tommy having to wait for 2023 to come into focus then close before moving on is the most 2020 thing ever. I've got 2025 guys who need offers and he's wondering if Dorman's gonna be good enough to offer next month when he's in town.

$1.75M and a call to Brian Hartline solves both of our problems.

Comment

I think Rees has a bright future in the biz and I want him to do it at ND. But he’s got to get this figured out and it’s not really a difficult task. I’m not even concerned about his recruiting results as much as I am his process. QB recruiting is just non-sensical right now and that’s the problem.

Comment

I think Rees has a bright future in the biz and I want him to do it at ND. But he’s got to get this figured out and it’s not really a difficult task. I’m not even concerned about his recruiting results as much as I am his process. QB recruiting is just non-sensical right now and that’s the problem.
                                                                          Agreed. I wish him the best and hope it happens here...quick.

But, Hartline and his buddy Freeman running the ship for CEO Kelly with the offense whisperer = Jeff Quinn being there to help the young guys is my idea of an improvement.

Comment

Remember, this is a freshman.

#JustSayin!

Comment

• #39
                                                                              Just two hours from his future home!

#JustSayin!

Comment

• #40
                                                                                We’ll offer when he camps next summer.

Comment

• #41
                                                                                  To be honest, I’m not super fond of teaching young QB’s to play like this when I think most would be better of not doing so. But, it’s unreal how natural this kid looks slinging the rock like this. He’s just a natural arm talent like there aren’t many of at his age.

Comment

• #42
                                                                                    To be honest, I’m not super fond of teaching young QB’s to play like this when I think most would be better of not doing so. But, it’s unreal how natural this kid looks slinging the rock like this. He’s just a natural arm talent like there aren’t many of at his age.
                                                                                    So off-platform throws are the new hotness because Patrick Mahomes is the face of the NFL for the young kids... but I wonder about the staying power of both training like that AND of whether or not the NFL will let that style flourish.

The NFL is the copy-cat league, and Zach Wilson's rise is proof that teams want their own Mahomes. But I have my doubts about the old heads in the league ACTUALLY allowing that style to flourish outside of guys with truly unique talent. Relatedly, I wonder if young kids in HS are going to be too reliant on getting weird with their feet and throwing motion, and rely on weird rhythms, and will end up throwing themselves into trouble from clean pockets because they don't know how to operate like a true pocket QB.

Comment

• #43
                                                                                      FREEBIE write up from Wiltfong/247

https://247sports.com/college/florid...yin-165700216/

Quote from Will Hewitt @ QBCollective:

“He didn’t miss,” Hewlett stated. “He spins it and has a fantastic release. The most consistent and polished kid at the event. The same every time and not in a robotic way. Very fluid, kind of adapt to any environment. He has a really large skill set in terms of movement and off-platform throwing. Out of anyone he probably had the most adaptable arm in terms of mechanics.”
                                                                                      FYI: Jadyn Davis has up until this past weekend been the most highly regarded 2024 prospect in the class after he was awarded scholarship from Sark/Saban at a Bama camp 2 years ago.

The torch has been passed at the QB position.

#JustSayin

Comment

• #44
                                                                                        Oh... On FB someone mentioned Loy said he's throwing with Chase Spellman next month.

Anyone see that on 247?

Comment

• #45
                                                                                          It wasn't a very definitive statement like it's been confirmed or anything of that nature. I believe he said "he could see Julian visiting with Chase" or something like that.

Comment

• #46
                                                                                            Originally posted by IrishLion View Post

So off-platform throws are the new hotness because Patrick Mahomes is the face of the NFL for the young kids... but I wonder about the staying power of both training like that AND of whether or not the NFL will let that style flourish.

The NFL is the copy-cat league, and Zach Wilson's rise is proof that teams want their own Mahomes. But I have my doubts about the old heads in the league ACTUALLY allowing that style to flourish outside of guys with truly unique talent. Relatedly, I wonder if young kids in HS are going to be too reliant on getting weird with their feet and throwing motion, and rely on weird rhythms, and will end up throwing themselves into trouble from clean pockets because they don't know how to operate like a true pocket QB.
                                                                                            I think it's partly a fad (as you note) but it's also genuinely useful because 7-on-7 is becoming more prominent in evaluation and development. It's a format that doesn't punish QBs for concrete feet. So the off-platform drills helps to develop, maintain, and evaluate balance and athleticism.

I don't know much about throwing a football but baseball players use lots of different arm angles and I don't think it hinders them when it's time to step in and launch a throw.

Comment

• #47
                                                                                              Is 2024 Kelly's last year at ND?

Comment

• #48
                                                                                                Originally posted by calvegas04 View Post
                                                                                                Is 2024 Kelly's last year at ND?
                                                                                                Yep. We get rid of him, Under Armour and Stanford all at the same time.

Comment

• #49

Yep. We get rid of him, Under Armour and Stanford all at the same time.
                                                                                                  This site wont survive without the Life Blood that is the Brian Kelly Revisited page.

Comment

• #50
                                                                                                    Originally posted by DONTH8 View Post

This site wont survive without the Life Blood that is the Brian Kelly Revisited page.
                                                                                                    Bro... Trump's running in '24, that's all this site needs.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                                    Working...
                                                                                                    X