'23 IN LB Drayk Bowen (Offer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Which mobile browser are you using? I'm using chrome on an Android device and don't have any issues.
    Firefox on Android.

Funnier than you in 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by greyhammer90 View Post

Firefox on Android.
      Do you have any extensions installed that would be blocking content, AdBlock, etc? I've done some looking around and that is the most common issue. Can you check to see if they are displayed on another browser?

Comment

i do firefox on android and havent had any issues
        Prehistoric

Comment

Comment

I guess we will see how good a recruiter Freeman is. If he lets this guy get out of state...
            "From Chaos comes Clarity"

Comment

Freeman at ISD has mentioned that Drayk really wants to pursue playing both baseball and football in college. And yes, he really is good enough to do both very well apparently. Also mentioned that Ole Miss has done a great job on this front of playing both and has a handful of recent players to point to as having done both successfully. Freeman doesn't fear that we will pursue him in both as well.
              "Hey, I'll tell you what. You can get a good look at a butcher's *** by sticking your head up there. But, wouldn't you rather take his word for it?"

Comment

Besides Indy and Fort Wayne, I can't remember the last time an Indiana kid was heavily pursued by all the top dogs like this. Maybe David Perkins to an extent? I think the staff has a dog fight on their hands here.

Comment

Hopefully proximity to home plays a role. Can’t hurt that both Baseball and Football are having success.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                    Besides Indy and Fort Wayne, I can't remember the last time an Indiana kid was heavily pursued by all the top dogs like this. Maybe David Perkins to an extent? I think the staff has a dog fight on their hands here.
                    Not a lot of course but there are some This year's Top 2 both had OSU/Bama offers. George Karlaftis. Rondale Moore. Josh Barajas. Gunner Kiel. James Aldridge. Rick Mirer. I'll throw Rex Grossman, Kevin Hardy & I want to say Deke Cooper too but I don't remember.

Comment

Visited Tennessee. Not that I think he's going to be a Volunteer, but this tweet just shows how difficult it's going to be to get a kid who can play baseball at this level. Notre Dame baseball is doing some great things, but when a kid goes down south and sees the crazy atmosphere for baseball games in the SEC, it's easy to get sucked in and want to be a part of it.

Comment

Wiltfong posting what appears to be a pretty positive update on his Clemson visit on Twitter
                        Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by rtrn2glory View Post
                          Wiltfong posting what appears to be a pretty positive update on his Clemson visit on Twitter
                          Boo!

Comment

Nothing really stands out from the article, pretty standard quotes about what recruits say after leaving Clemson. Nice facilities, family atmosphere, winning culture. The only thing that I hadn't seen mentioned before was he was impressed by their internship program?

Comment

Originally posted by clashmore_mike View Post

Nothing really stands out from the article, pretty standard quotes about what recruits say after leaving Clemson. Nice facilities, family atmosphere, winning culture. The only thing that I hadn't seen mentioned before was he was impressed by their internship program?

The Clemson Paid Football Internship

Comment

Yeah... CUs internship and co-op program has been a big deal in the state for decades. Dont know how that translates to a scholarship football players schedule though.

Comment

Did he transfer to Merrillville?

Comment

Originally posted by SeekNDestroy View Post
                                    Did he transfer to Merrillville?
                                    No. Andrean is in merrillville, at least for now, so that's probably why it made the headline.
                                    ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

No. Andrean is in merrillville, at least for now, so that's probably why it made the headline.
                                      ​​​
                                      Soon to be the Crown Point Catholic 59ers.

I don't know if I mentioned it in this profile but Bowen lives in St. John.

Comment

Originally posted by Wild Bill View Post

​​​
                                        Well, Turkey Creek really :D

Comment

Originally posted by NDFAN420 View Post

Well, Turkey Creek really :D
                                          Do people refer to that part of Broadway as Turkey Creek? That was always called Ross Twp in my day. Of course my day started before there was a Merrillville and it was Gary Andrean.

Comment

Originally posted by NDCrusader View Post

Do people refer to that part of Broadway as Turkey Creek? That was always called Ross Twp in my day. Of course my day started before there was a Merrillville and it was Gary Andrean.
                                            I'm probably showing my age a bit on that one as well. I'm not sure what they call it now. I always like it when ND gets a guy from that area, especially from Andrean.

Comment

I'm probably showing my age a bit on that one as well. I'm not sure what they call it now. I always like it when ND gets a guy from that area, especially from Andrean.
                                              Dan Dakich Fan Alert!

Comment

Dan was quite the player in those Andrean days with Jim Bullock, Ray Gough and Dan Hanlon…….can’t remember the other guard’s name but quite a team…….we certainly didn’t enjoy playing against those fellas……..

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post
                                                  Dan was quite the player in those Andrean days with Jim Bullock, Ray Gough and Dan Hanlon…….can’t remember the other guard’s name but quite a team…….we certainly didn’t enjoy playing against those fellas……..
                                                  We didn't play them in HS but I played against Dan a Jim in college or in the summers at VU. The only Lake Co. school we played outside of the DAC (Merrillville and Hobart) was Highland for some reason... Probably because being at MC Rogers, all the admin/coaches were retread Elston guys from before the split so we got stuck with their old NIC ways which included 6-7 St Joe Co. schools.

Speaking of back in the day, sad to hear of Nadi Thomas' passing a few weeks back. He was something else, on and off the court.

Comment

We didn't play them in HS but I played against Dan a Jim in college or in the summers at VU. The only Lake Co. school we played outside of the DAC (Merrillville and Hobart) was Highland for some reason... Probably because being at MC Rogers, all the admin/coaches were retread Elston guys from before the split so we got stuck with their old NIC ways which included 6-7 St Joe Co. schools.

Speaking of back in the day, sad to hear of Nadi Thomas' passing a few weeks back. He was something else, on and off the court.
                                                    IIRC, Dan scored 40+ against us my senior year……..luckily I wasn’t guarding him (based on his scoring, it didn’t appear anyone was guarding him)! We were in far southern Lake County, the mighty Lowell Red Devils. I can’t say I remember Nadi Thomas, I’ll have to see if I can look him up on the web. So you must have played at Rogers before Dan Palombizio, I can’t remember what years he was there.

Comment

Originally posted by RockinIrish View Post

IIRC, Dan scored 40+ against us my senior year……..luckily I wasn’t guarding him (based on his scoring, it didn’t appear anyone was guarding him)! We were in far southern Lake County, the mighty Lowell Red Devils. I can’t say I remember Nadi Thomas, I’ll have to see if I can look him up on the web. So you must have played at Rogers before Dan Palombizio, I can’t remember what years he was there.
                                                      Nadi was Renaldo Thomas from Roosevelt. Class of 82 then played for Phi Slamma Jamma. I was a Freshman when Biz was a Sr. Been, Dak plus Rob Harden were the funniest dudes I’ve ever been around, bar none.

Comment

Nadi was Renaldo Thomas from Roosevelt. Class of 82 then played for Phi Slamma Jamma. I was a Freshman when Biz was a Sr. Been, Dak plus Rob Harden were the funniest dudes I’ve ever been around, bar none.
                                                        I do remember Renaldo Thomas and also Wallace Bryant (can’t recall which Gary school he was at) who ended up at USF……..didn’t play against the Harden brothers but I know they were fine players out of Valpo!

Comment

Dan Dakich Fan Alert!
                                                          If he had just stopped commentating 5 years ago...

Comment

If he had just stopped commentating 5 years ago...
                                                            He loves to hear himself talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

He loves to hear himself talk.
                                                              Well, indeed he does love to hear himself talk.

Yet, he is not INFATUATED, OBSESSED with hearing himself talk,

a pinnacle occupied, in isolation, loneliness and the fear that no one is listening. by the unequivocally non-maven (defined as expert, connoisseur) of the pulp site, sports illustrated.

this is the ham and egger, who five years ago, dissed Robert Hainsey and Aaron Banks and declared Josh Lugg the crown jewel of the class.

Now, Irish #1 this neither undercuts nor diminishes the rectitude of your original post. It merely recasts Dakich as Barabbas........

Comment

Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

a pinnacle occupied, in isolation, loneliness and the fear that no one is listening. by the unequivocally non-maven (defined as expert, connoisseur) of the pulp site, sports illustrated.

this is the ham and egger, who five years ago, dissed Robert Hainsey and Aaron Banks and declared Josh Lugg the crown jewel of the class.

Now, Irish #1 this neither undercuts nor diminishes the rectitude of your original post. It merely recasts Dakich as Barabbas........

Comment

Originally posted by BrownerandFry View Post

We're you on Irish Envy previously with a different username?
                                                                  Prehistoric

Comment

Originally posted by NDdomer2 View Post

We're you on Irish Envy previously with a different username?
                                                                    No, Mr. Domer 2., mr>. I was not. In a galaxy far away, when Somogyi roamed the earth, I used Browner and Fry on the rivals site..

Comment

Comment

No Bama? Interesting

Comment

Feel like this is one we have to win
                                                                          Love You JB 64.....RIP.....AI720....4EVER

Comment

Originally posted by arrowryan View Post
                                                                            No Bama? Interesting
                                                                            And no OSU?

Comment

• #88
                                                                              Totally Bogs

Comment

• #89
                                                                                Feel like this is one we have to win
                                                                                I agree with you. He is ND's backyard and ND should win.

Comment

• #90
                                                                                  Any mention of a commitment timeline? I do realize it’s very early, but we do already have two big commitments. 23’ is starting off hot, add Drayk and the sky is the limit. I too think he’s a can’t miss in our own backyard.

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                                  Working...
                                                                                  X