• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '23 AL QB Chris Vizzina (Offer)

QB
    Briarwood Christian
    Birmingham, AL

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​

Measurements:
    Height: 6-4
    Weight: 200

Rankings:
    247 Comp: ..... NR
    247: ................ 86 rating, #38 QB
    Rivals: ............ 5.7 rating, #4 DT-QB
    ESPN: ............ NR

Offers:
    Notre Dame ..... No ..... Camping 6-17-21

Arizona
    Arkansas
    Cincinnati
    Duke
    Florida
    Georgia Tech
    Houston
    Kentucky
    Louisville
    Michigan State
    Mississippi State
    Oklahoma State
    Penn State
    Vanderbilt

Interest
    Arizona State
    Clemson
    Florida State
    Georgia
    Michigan
    Texas
    USC
    Wake Forest
    Wisconsin

Media Links:

Twitter = . https://twitter.com/vizzina

Maxpreps = . https://www.hudl.com/profile/9943083...topher-Vizzina
    Hudl = . https://www.hudl.com/profile/9943083...topher-Vizzina

Highlights:

Last edited by clashmore_mike; 09-29-2021, 04:30 AM.

Throwing for Tommy tomorrow.

2 year starter. 20-6 record.

Threw for just under 2000 yds @61% and 15 TD's last year in 12 games. 1200 yds 58% and 11 TD's as a Freshman.

Last edited by BobbyMac; 06-16-2021, 06:25 PM.

Comment

FREEBIE from 247

Click on the link so they get paid

Comment

Freebie from the new guy at BGI. Came from Miss St where his last assignment was the MSU/ND baseball series.

Click on the link for the whole story.

https://notredame.rivals.com/news/no...23-qb-recruits

The next step for the duo is the waiting game. Lainez, who threw for Rees on June 8 along with three other 2023 quarterback recruits, said Rees told him he would take the rest of the month to evaluate the prospects’ film before getting back to them. Vizzina's Notre Dame camp experience was on June 17.

The rest of the quarterbacks, of which there have been upward of a dozen, are all in the same boat as Lainez and Vizzina; waiting for a recruitment-changing scholarship offer from Notre Dame.

“I know they are really interested in me,” Vizzina added. “They really like my tape and now have seen me in person. I’m extremely interested in them too. I think they’ll make some decisions soon.”

Vizzina has already visited Alabama, Clemson, Duke, Wake Forest, Georgia, Mississippi State and now Notre Dame. Michigan State and Mississippi State are among his most intriguing offers.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

I’d love to see some workout footage of him. He’s an intriguing option.

Comment

BKs friends at Vandy and UC have offered this week

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post
                    BKs friends at Vandy and UC have offered this week
                    Are we holding out for the elites finally? Or waiting too long?

Comment

PSU and UF have offered in the last week

Comment

I like this guy.

Junior film has been quite impressive so far.

Singer recently said he’s on the radar but I don’t see how they expand the board at this point.

Comment

Is it just me, or does he remind others of those big QBs that end up at a G5 school with a cannon of an arm, and everyone is wondering how he never went to a P5 one? His build, the effortless throws, he can drive the ball, and enough mobility to keep you honest.
                          Last edited by GowerND11; 11-22-2021, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Camped at ND last summer. He's been taking a lot of visits and really blowing up this Fall. Florida, Auburn, and Tenn. have offered recently. His Junior Film is very impressive. I really like this '23 QB class.

Comment

He’s #76 on On3’s 2023 rankings.

Comment

I’ve seen him play once this year and he looks pretty impressive IMO.

Comment

Look at Tommy offering a big armed 3 star QB with stellar junior film before the spring. That is growth.

Comment

I think a trust the staff over the early rankings/reporters with underclassmen somewhat is interesting with the way the QBs have swung so far in 2023. Yes these names have been known but I don’t think any secret when Vezinna, Arnold, Hudson and Johnson visited it wasn’t the most high profile reporting. Now all are likely 4 star or more bound and racking up offers, less Hudson who already committed to North Carolina.

Comment

It’d be interested to know the thought behind offering Johnson and then put on the back burner versus waiting on Vezinna. It’d like to hear what the level of push on Vezinna will be and where Arnold is at, because his offer list is only continuing to grow

Comment

Like this kids film a lot. Big, athletic, pretty strong arm. Cannot imagine that there's 21 (composite) or 38 (247sports) better QBs in the country than Vizzina. Have to think he's about to shoot up the rankings here.

Comment

Just watched his junior highlights - probably lacks elite arm talent to be a top 50 recruit but definitely four star caliber player. Probably around a 92-93 grade on 247 would be fair for him. Great contingency option and the caliber of QB I think ND thought Angeli was last year.

Comment

Comment

Lock him or Arnold up and keep after Moore and Nico IMO. Sounds like from Singer, we should be a very legit option for Vezinna

Comment

If it were me, it'd be 2 QB's from Howard/Brown (the '22's) and Nico/Arnold/Moore/Vizzina/Johnson. If they strike out on the '22's, take 2 in '23. If you can get a top tier signal caller in '22, then take 1 in '23.

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                      If it were me, it'd be 2 QB's from Howard/Brown (the '22's) and Nico/Arnold/Moore/Vizzina/Johnson. If they strike out on the '22's, take 2 in '23. If you can get a top tier signal caller in '22, then take 1 in '23.
                                                      After watching the implosions of Hunter Johnson, Uiagalelei, and Mertz,m it seems the wiser path is to take two a year every year, and let the
                                                      chips
                                                      the quarterbacks
                                                      the transfer portals
                                                      fall where they may.

The game has changed.

QBS who were recruited "over" can transfer and win national championships.

Ask Joe Burrow.

Uncomfortable though it may be, it is the new normal.

Ask Jack Coan

Comment

Singer saying he’d be Irish if they push

Catholic aspect looms large. He visited his HS today

Comment

Originally posted by Dale View Post

Singer saying he’d be Irish if they push

Catholic aspect looms large. He visited his HS today
                                                          whats he doing at a Presbyterian HS then? lol
                                                          What did Davonte do?

Comment

My assumption would be that Briarwood has a better football program than the nearest Catholic school, John Carroll HS. In addition, Briarwood is also much closer to where Vizzina lives.

Comment

Pretty resounding

Comment

Originally posted by Luckylucci View Post
                                                                Watching this again, biggest concern I have is that he throws the ball like a pitcher, lifts his back foot off the ground. He loses a ton of velocity in doing so. That being said, the couple throws where he doesn't do that, and where he really drives the ball, he zips it in. I'd love him as a 2nd QB in this class.

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

probably not a lot of catholic schools that far south in Alabama. This ain't the Emerald Isle.

Comment

Originally posted by dublinirish View Post

Converting those heretical Scots back to the Mothership.

Notre Dame Man!

Comment

Originally posted by Irish4life View Post

Watching this again, biggest concern I have is that he throws the ball like a pitcher, lifts his back foot off the ground. He loses a ton of velocity in doing so. That being said, the couple throws where he doesn't do that, and where he really drives the ball, he zips it in. I'd love him as a 2nd QB in this class.
                                                                      He's lifting his foot, but it looks to me that he's doing it when following through with his throw.

Comment

Originally posted by Irish#1 View Post

He's lifting his foot, but it looks to me that he's doing it when following through with his throw.
                                                                        He is following through, but when he lifts his back foot off the ground they're not as strong as when he keeps it planted. Throws at 2:09 and 2:52 have some pretty nice zip on em when he does.
                                                                        Last edited by Irish4life; 11-12-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Up to 98 on 247

Comment

Comment

Adsense

Collapse
                                                                            Working...
                                                                            X